Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

+64
DarthRen
OrionStars
cherrylipstick
SkyStar
thescavenger
spacebaby45678
fuhry
olyer
Casper
ISeeAnIsland
ImperialReylo713
KiraRen2015
bashfulblueeyes3
ladyMxx
Maria26
SoloSideCousin
YeeRees
DeeBee
Saracene
Darth Rowan
MaddieDove
TracylovesOUAT
12 Parsnips
Mila Lazarus
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
PalmettoBlue
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
giaciak2
tukicarreno
rey09
roguepixie
Forsythia
Moonjump05
californiagirl
Chris24601
AhsokaTano
EchoBase
Mila95
Geralt_Riv
justyou
Atenais
Lily Snape
Kessel
nickandnora
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Lovely_Rose
rawpowah
special_cases
Man Without A Star
Riri
vaderito
lauvamp
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
LadyGaufrette
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
68 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Lily Snape Wed 20 Feb 2019, 1:21 am

ImperialReylo713 wrote:The title should be either
1. The New Order
2. Son of Darkness
3. The Fate of the Galaxy
4. Restoration of the Balance
5. Resolve in New Gray Jedi sight
6. Reylo rises Smile

Emperor and Empress Solo of the Second Galactic Empire will happen in Episode IX

@ImperialReylo713

“New Order” was a Nazi term, apparently, so that one probably won’t happen.  Something I learned right here— I thought it was just a 1980s alterna-band.  Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by olyer Wed 20 Feb 2019, 8:56 am

I like Legacy of the Skywalkers, to be honest. It suggests a close to the story of the Skywalkers and the influence of Anakin, Luke and Leia.
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Wed 20 Feb 2019, 1:54 pm

@ImperialReylo713

Please check your inbox. Thanks.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 22 Feb 2019, 10:46 am

Hey all ok I know this is he who must not be named so unlikely to be true ( hence me posting this here ) but this is the crack spoilers thread after all and I was intrigued by this . For a while now there’s been speculation about a new villain from the beyond . He’s been talking about this for a while . Anyway he said the villain had the code name “Avril “and now claims “vector “is the name of the villain they are going with in the film and that he/she/it is from the beyond . No other details .

Ok so why did I find this interesting even though it’s probably faf because of the name meanings :

Avril means powerful and complete ( not the April meaning ) but also can mean “unknown “( urban dictionary) . So this being is powerful and from the unknown regions .

The name “Vector”is even more intriguing - it means - an organism like a parasite that transmits a disease from one plant or animal to another .

Interesting. Is this the source of the dark side from the beyond ? It made me think of midichlorians and it’s dark side equivalent but the darkside would be more like an infection or virus .
It’s probably faf because it’s from he who must not be named but it would be ironic if this time his source really did have some inside knowledge .
This would tie it in with the prequels because vector would be connected to midichlorians . I know it would enrage some people who didn’t like this explanation of the force though.
Anyway thought I would post even though it’s probably all faf. Take with a huge grain /pinch of salt as usual . Very Happy
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YeeRees Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:33 am

It will be a cold day in hell before I give Mike Zeroh any credence... but my mind is whirring about the threat from The Beyond.

Anyone familiar with JJ Abrams past work will know he is no stranger to MacGuffins and the ‘Rabbit’s Foot’ in Mission:Impossible III and the ‘Rambaldi Artifacts’ in Alias both had similar vibes. There was an element of biohazard and biblical type plague capability to them both. Alias even had a ‘Chosen One’ prophecy.

If Kylo was actually going to be a ‘Burn it all down’ kind of tyrant more like Thanos, I could see JJ going for that kind of twist again. He does repeat himself an awful lot in his work and recycles lots of character types/tropes. None of that fits with the supposed MacGuffin in IX being something wonderful (if controversial), though.
YeeRees
YeeRees
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 22 Feb 2019, 11:47 am

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 22 Feb 2019, 12:05 pm

Ha ha ha! Lol! @special_cases
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 04 Mar 2019, 2:45 am

Hey all the following turned up a few hours ago -( this reminds me of the Indiana Jones and temple of doom scene with Harrison ford with the heart ) .:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/ax1l12/i_have_some_info/

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 16 B4eec110
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 16 2f9fd310

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 04 Mar 2019, 3:53 am

@Mila Lazarus
Yeah am not keen on this - it sounds quite fan servicey ie like Vader in the corridor with the rebels slashing here and there in rogue one but to be honest in this scenario though it’s dark I can understand kylo’s reaction because the rebels have just tried to blow him up . So he’s angry and retaliating through self preservation . So yeah the heart thing reminded me of Indiana Jones but didn’t Indy do that with the heart because he was possessed too so he wasn’t in his right mind ? Maybe with the dark side rumours and beyond and all the Black spire leaks ( the monolith on Batuu that changes you in the unknown regions the last couple of days )maybe this is what’s happened to Ben .

Just editing to show what I mean about the Black spire monolith and possibly changing you :

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 16 61946610
Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 16 6befee10

There was a discussion about it on reddit :
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/aw3tod/the_mystery_of_the_black_spire/

Maybe Ben did encounter it as some point with his uncle Luke in the unknown regions or something like it. That discussion above is really interesting as to what could be going on and how Thrawn Alliances hints at it . It’s kind of giving me dark crystal , lord of the rings and Babylon 5 vibes . But also making me wonder if this is how the empire was able to brain wash Temmin Wexley’s father and other rebels into turning against their own and trying to kill them in the Aftermath novels ( and something similar playing a role in Kylo when he killed Han).
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 04 Mar 2019, 6:56 am

@Mila Lazarus
yeah I like that idea that maybe something happened to change Ben’s perception of reality - sorry I didn’t make clear what I meant - didn’t mean he was literally possessed by a spirit but more like bewitched , enchanted , under the spell of something (a bit like the knight in the silver chair by C.S. Lewis )that maybe he genuinely believes in what he is doing because he is under the influence or power of the crystal ( like being brainwashed) and Snoke did have a ring of this onyx stone too ( so maybe used it to keep Ben in line ).

In the bridge scene It’s like Ben is conditioned/brainwashed but maybe these dark crystals play a part . One minute he’s Ben and then the sun goes down and he’s kills Han. In Aftermath novels Temmin and the other rebels behave the same and again it’s when the day becomes overcast or light goes -if I remember that rightly . Maybe something in the Black spire Crystal and onyx stone on mustafar is linked to the dark side and this onyx stone absorbs and feeds off light, love , the soul , everything we associate with the dark . Maybe these planets do the opposite to planets with a kyber crystal which harness light , healing and life affirming energy ?No wonder Jedha is associated in the past with Jedi because its rich in kyber crystal . So planets with dark crystal/onyx stone are like planets that eat Jedi in a sense ( mustafar where Jedi go to die ) . And exposure to this stone /crystal maybe acts like a parasite or virus slowly changing the personality of the one exposed as it feeds and eats away at them absorbing their light .

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Mon 04 Mar 2019, 6:57 am

Episode IX ready to be the first R rated SW movie lol! In my ideal world we would have scenes like that in SW (I get annoyed with the bloodless deaths sometimes) but it's almost impossible with their limitations of PG-13

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 04 Mar 2019, 7:25 am

@loversinthestorm
Yeah it’s probably faf as posted it here but there was a deleted scene in TFA where chewie ripped off Unkar Plutt’s arm and i guess it’s possible to do these things in a PG 13 way somehow by power of suggestion rather than showing whole thing . It can be done as Once upon a time series constantly has people having their hearts ripped out. lol !
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Mon 04 Mar 2019, 4:58 pm

Mila Lazarus wrote:@AhsokaTano I like your idea, though the issue that I have is that unlike Indy in Temple of the Doom, Ben doesn't seem to be under a spell... The way he regrets killing his father, or his refusal to kill his mother, show that he's not possessed by a dark force that obliges him to do these things. He seems to know what he's doing, most of the time...

I think though that he could have met something there that could have altered his vision of reality, and that would explain why he thinks he's right. he would not be totally under a spell, but would not see things as they really are. In TLJ for example, in the flashback he has, we see Luke ready to strike him down with his light saber, his eyes full of hate: yet, when we see Luke's own flashback of the same scene, we can see that Luke didn't look hateful like that: he looked reluctant, afraid, and he had probably already lowered his light saber when Ben woke up.   So, I suspect that under the influence of the Dark Side, Ben's vision changes. It also calls me back to the scene where he kills Han: there's a moment when he's ready to follow his father: the light is on him; then suddenly the light goes away and leaves place to darkness, and Ben hesitates before finally striking Han down... He looks at him for a quite long moment before doing it, and he does as if he had seen something on Han's face that convinced him to kill him. I wonder what happened in Ben's head at this moment:

But for the scene of Kylo ripping off some resistant's heart, I don't believe it at all. It's way too gory for SW. The guy apparently tried to post his "leak" on Star Wars Leaks but it wasn't accepted, probably because he didn't provide any proof that he was someone who could have this kind of information. I mean, he's not even able to say the name of the resistant in question, while he's supposed to be important.
@Mila Lazarus

I think the Han killing scene is the single biggest impediment to a believable Rendemption scenario. We didn't get that kind of cruelty from Kylo Ren in TLJ. I think that shows progress. So I doubt they would revisit cruelty like pulling a man's heart from his chest. It would be a cool trick, a shockingly evil and scary act. If that were true, I don't think we're getting Rendemption.

I think that what we need for redemption is Ben Solo explaining what happened. My thought is that he wants to solve his conundrum and end his pain and he wants to give Han the chance to kill him by handing him the saber. I think that in his addled mind, he takes Han's reluctance to do so as a betrayal that justifies his taking Han's life.

That's a hard explanation though. It might be easier to say that Kylo Ren was a soldier on one side , Han Solo a soldier on the other side of a war. When Kylo renounces the war entirely, it becomes possible to have sympathy for Kylo despite the awful things he's done.

But in Episode IX, he can no longer hide behind Snoke's orders and influence. So a scene of Kylo Ren cruelty wouldn't fit with his evolution, imo.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Mon 04 Mar 2019, 5:39 pm

I just really can't imagine Star Wars going in on someone having their heart ripped out on screen. I loved me some Walking Dead when that show was still good, but Walking Dead and Star Wars are so very different with very different target audiences.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 05 Mar 2019, 12:30 am

That reads like a bad video game. FAF. No way they're going to show something as gory in a kids movie.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 05 Mar 2019, 1:13 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all ok I know this is he who must not be named so unlikely to be true ( hence me posting this here ) but this is the crack spoilers thread after all and I was intrigued by this . For a while now there’s been speculation about a new villain from the beyond . He’s been talking about this for a while . Anyway he said the villain had the code name “Avril “and now claims “vector “is the name of the villain they are going with in the film and that he/she/it is from the beyond . No other details .

Ok so why did I find this interesting even though it’s probably faf because of the name meanings :

Avril means powerful and complete ( not the April meaning ) but also can mean “unknown “( urban dictionary) . So this being is powerful and from the unknown regions .

The name “Vector”is even more intriguing - it means - an organism like a parasite that transmits a disease from one plant or animal to another .

Interesting. Is this the source of the dark side from the beyond ? It made me think of midichlorians and it’s dark side equivalent but the darkside would be more like an infection or virus .
It’s probably faf because it’s from he who must not be named but it would be ironic if this time his source really did have some inside knowledge .
This would tie it in with the prequels because vector would be connected to midichlorians . I know it would enrage some people who didn’t like this explanation of the force though.
Anyway thought I would post even though it’s probably all faf. Take with a huge grain /pinch of salt as usual . Very Happy
@AhsokaTano

Hmmmmm.... I think “Vector” has already been taken by -Despicable Me.-

“Actually, Victor was my nerd name. Now it’s Vector!”

“I’m applying for a villain loan. I go by the name of Vector. It's a mathematical term, represented by an arrow with both direction and magnitude. Vector! That's me, because I commit crimes with both direction and magnitude. Oh yeah!”

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 05 Mar 2019, 5:49 am

@Lily Snape
You know what’s funny lol? I thought of vector from despicable me too when I heard vector( “oh yeah” ha ha ha !) . I reckon whoever he who must not be named has got as a source is feeding him garbage - probably a plant like he had during Last Jedi . I also discovered since this that vector prime is name of the first series of books about the yuuzhan vong ( EU) so that’s made me suspicious too. Am not saying there isn’t another villain but i don’t think its going to play out like he says . It didn’t for The Last Jedi either . No one can know the amount he knows unless they are JJ Abrams .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 07 Mar 2019, 4:59 am

Hey all a new crack leak appeared on 4 chan.Would post it here but it’s got a lot of swearing/cursing and not sure how to blot it out . He claims film is called knights of Ren , that you don’t get to see Kylo rule as he has vanished in hiding a wanted man all over the galaxy . Rey finds him first of course and you can imagine what happens (he even says there’s a pretty intimate scene between them ) . The film sounds very knights of old republic ish though with bringing back Ren from the Dead and amassing a new super weapon and army of the dead . Also Ben sacrificing himself in the millennium falcon and Rey and c3PO it seems too and then in the end she’s pregnant with Ben’s child and this guy says he’s not sure if Ben is a force ghost or alive . Moreover Ben’s lightsaber turns gold . It all sounds odd and similar to the troll Ren is the key that was around at the time of The last Jedi. Take with a pinch /grain of salt .

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/ay9f1n/me_likey/
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Thu 07 Mar 2019, 10:56 am

I love down the post where someone claims that JJ and Rian hate each other, Kathleen Kennedy and the story group hates JJ. The only reason he is back directing is because Bob Iger hired him. Sure.... LOl

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 07 Mar 2019, 12:09 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all a new crack leak appeared on 4 chan.Would post it here but it’s got a lot of swearing/cursing and not sure how to blot it out . He claims film is called knights of Ren , that you don’t get to see Kylo rule as he has vanished in hiding a wanted man all over the galaxy . Rey finds him first of course and you can imagine what happens (he even says there’s a pretty intimate scene between them ) . The film sounds very knights of old republic ish though with bringing back Ren from the Dead and amassing a new super weapon and army of the dead . Also Ben sacrificing himself in the millennium falcon and Rey and c3PO it seems too and then in the end she’s pregnant with Ben’s child and this guy says he’s not sure if Ben is a force ghost or alive . Moreover Ben’s lightsaber turns gold . It all sounds odd and similar to the troll Ren is the key that was around at the time of The last Jedi. Take with a pinch /grain of salt .

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/ay9f1n/me_likey/
@AhsokaTano

I kind of like this.. If only was true. Only thing is I do hope Ben is indeed alive... But yeah, this is probably a troll again.. Sigh.. Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next