Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

+64
DarthRen
OrionStars
cherrylipstick
SkyStar
thescavenger
spacebaby45678
fuhry
olyer
Casper
ISeeAnIsland
ImperialReylo713
KiraRen2015
bashfulblueeyes3
ladyMxx
Maria26
SoloSideCousin
YeeRees
DeeBee
Saracene
Darth Rowan
MaddieDove
TracylovesOUAT
12 Parsnips
Mila Lazarus
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
PalmettoBlue
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
giaciak2
tukicarreno
rey09
roguepixie
Forsythia
Moonjump05
californiagirl
Chris24601
AhsokaTano
EchoBase
Mila95
Geralt_Riv
justyou
Atenais
Lily Snape
Kessel
nickandnora
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Lovely_Rose
rawpowah
special_cases
Man Without A Star
Riri
vaderito
lauvamp
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
LadyGaufrette
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
68 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by tukicarreno Wed 13 Feb 2019, 9:22 am

If only that teaser would be true but it probably isn't...
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by Atenais Wed 13 Feb 2019, 9:26 am

loversinthestorm wrote:A lot of things matches up but in this one keri is knight of ren bowing to kylo, not Luke’s dead wife. I don’t buy it because it looks too cool actually, good fanfic but unlikely to be true
@loversinthestorm

I thought the same, when I was reading the leak, "too cool to be true". Sad.

Mila Lazarus wrote:One thing that makes me think it is BS unfortunately: I can't see Luke saying to Ben that he will make him "a great Jedi". It's just not something that Luke would say. Besides, wouldn't it be too long for a teaser?
@Mila Lazarus

My thoughts exactly. And too much dialogue.

Oh, but how I wished it was true. Very Happy

The title would be "The Light in the Dark"? I like it. I just realized the main focus of the teaser would be Kylo. Nice, but unlikely.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 13 Feb 2019, 9:48 am

“The Light in the Dark” would be a fantastic title IMO. First time I hear that one.  
But yeah, too good to be true, sadly.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:45 am

This sounds more like a trailer than a teaser. I'd love all of this, but I don't buy it one bit.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 13 Feb 2019, 12:08 pm

They're in Mos Eisley? Seems odd. And the idea that this really long, elaborate trailer, the kind that comes out the fall, is already cut and shown before filming is finished? And that we surely aren't getting even a teaser for 2 months? Little Ben would be cool, but seems a lot to give away in a trailer. Generally speaking, really detailed spoilers aren't actually true. I'm not really buying it.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 14 Feb 2019, 11:23 am

There's not enough Rey in that teaser. So I call fake.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 14 Feb 2019, 11:55 am

tukicarreno wrote:“The Light in the Dark” would be a fantastic title IMO. First time I hear that one.  
But yeah, too good to be true, sadly.
@tukicarreno

I guessed The Light in the Darkness in the title speculation thread nearly 13 months ago, but still would love Duel of the Fates. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Thu 14 Feb 2019, 2:23 pm

If we get a kid Ben I'm gonna die. Just pass the tissues now b/c I'll be a mess. And how I wish we'd get that scene of Rey and Ben on the Falcon. If only...
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 14 Feb 2019, 2:41 pm

Anthony Daniels tweeted

t.r.a.v. wrote:

trailer reveal after valentines Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Thu 14 Feb 2019, 3:14 pm

Teo oswald wrote:Anthony Daniels tweeted

t.r.a.v. wrote:

trailer reveal after valentines Smile
@Teo oswald

Where is his tweet? I don't see it.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 14 Feb 2019, 4:12 pm

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by KiraRen2015 Thu 14 Feb 2019, 4:50 pm

I have a feeling T doesn't stand for trailer but title. Simply because I have a feeling they are savinh the teaser for Celebration like they did with TLJ.
KiraRen2015
KiraRen2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 14 Feb 2019, 4:56 pm

KiraRen2015 wrote:I have a feeling T doesn't stand for trailer but title. Simply because I have a feeling they are savinh the teaser for Celebration like they did with TLJ.
@KiraRen2015

yeah, I doubt they release a trailer before we even have the title...not that I wouldn't love to be wrong about that- give me EVERYTHING! Twisted Evil
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 18 Feb 2019, 10:42 pm

Nothing too juicy here, but one of the mods from StarWarsLeaks just posted this. (And given what he says about the source, I'd say that it's possible that this isn't entirely crack.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/as5v1h/a_few_details_about_episode_ix_from_a_reliable/

A trusted source (who has relayed other information that has since proven to be correct) has shared some new details about what we may be seeing when IX hits theaters this December. Some of the information you're about to read lines up with what other sources (such as Making Star Wars) have previously put out there while other parts are new. I first learned of some of the duplicate information prior to reading it elsewhere which increases my confidence that what my source has told me is true (that or this is all an elaborate ploy and we've all been duped, but only time will tell if that's the case). Without any further delay, here's what I've been told:

Luke and Leia appear in multiple flashbacks, including at least one scene where Leia is being trained or is discussing Jedi training with Luke. The outcome of the training is uncertain. It is also unclear if Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill filmed these scenes and will be de-aged, or if they are portrayed by younger actors and CG'd like Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One. My source has heard nothing about about Han appearing in any flashbacks.

Leia's role as Resistance leader is being said to be of a similar in size to her TFA role, perhaps even smaller, though her flashback scenes make her seem more present in the film. No confirmation on whether Leia lives or dies in the film.

There are solid red First Order Troopers, yet their role is unclear at this point in time.

Nien Nunb appears in an identical costume from the previous films and has a larger role than either TFA or TLJ.

The Knights of Ren do appear and each have a distinct weapon of choice as has been previously seen in TFA and the concept art for that film.

We don't have any confirmation that the any of the Knights previously seen in TFA will or won't be appearing in IX.

Keri Russell's character is a bounty hunter with an allegiance that is unclear to my source. Keri's character wears a purple (nearly magenta) jumpsuit with bronze/gold accessories, including an elongated helmet.

Think about a fancier version of Zam Wesell and my source says that will get you pretty close.

Naomi Ackie's character is supposedly Finn's sister.

Moderator's note: This point was presented to my source as factual like all the other parts of this post, but I believe it might be wise to take this one with a grain of salt until other sources can corroborate this particular bit of information.

C-3PO has a scene where he holds military gear. It's unclear whether he actually fires any weapons though.

My source doesn't recall exact details but 3PO appeared to have a bag or net (not unlike the Ewok trap net) and what he/she believes to be Chewie's bowcaster.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 18 Feb 2019, 11:28 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

So Naomi Ackie’s character has been rumored by different sources to be both Lando’s daughter and Finn’s sister... scratch

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 19 Feb 2019, 12:12 am

Ugh, new female character getting the Rey treatment of "She's [insert x male character here] [female relation who's only important because she's connected to him]." Combine that with the other supposed rumors she's Poe's love interest and that's going to get super awkward.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 19 Feb 2019, 1:21 am

I figured that Finn's family would be explored in some future comic or novel but I REALLY feel like there isn't any time for that in this movie trilogy and that it doesn't really follow anything about his character and arc so far. I hope it isn't true. Honestly, though, I don't think a Lando daughter adds much to anything either other than having another legacy kid for the sake of legacy kids.

I'm also starting to get increasingly hmmm about the amount of new characters. Just like I was hmmm about Rian underutilizing existing characters like Maz. Like, guys, you've created a whole bunch of characters to choose from and insert into whatever storylines you wish. So WHY do you keep making new ones? Ain't nobody got time for that in this already guaranteed to be jam-packed final movie of this trilogy.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 19 Feb 2019, 2:27 am

The "all star cast" thing is definitely not part of the OT or PT, they focused on a very limited range of characters. Which worked because it was primarily about their individual arcs and relationships. Other than adding in BDW (who was already a matinee idol and leading man) in the 2nd act of ESB, if there were other characters they were supporting roles. Versus now, where it feels like a crowded playing field already. If any of the new characters take away screen time from Rose, I will personally riot. While I'm definitely curious about REW (who's going to be the press tour MVP judging by the award season circuit), the rest of them, it's like definitely a feature of the Disney era. Not a particularly great one either.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 19 Feb 2019, 7:04 am

ZioRen wrote:I figured that Finn's family would be explored in some future comic or novel but I REALLY feel like there isn't any time for that in this movie trilogy and that it doesn't really follow anything about his character and arc so far. I hope it isn't true. Honestly, though, I don't think a Lando daughter adds much to anything either other than having another legacy kid for the sake of legacy kids.

I'm also starting to get increasingly hmmm about the amount of new characters. Just like I was hmmm about Rian underutilizing existing characters like Maz. Like, guys, you've created a whole bunch of characters to choose from and insert into whatever storylines you wish. So WHY do you keep making new ones? Ain't nobody got time for that in this already guaranteed to be jam-packed final movie of this trilogy.
@ZioRen

Heard rumours that a TV show with Finn and Poe might happen, so it could be touched upon the IX and then explored more in the series...
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 19 Feb 2019, 10:22 am

Regarding the large cast, it's not ideal but also not surprising after TLJ. Luke, Snoke, Holdo, and Phasma are dead, and DJ has likely left the picture. So they've been replaced with Naomi, REG, Matt Smith, Dominic, Keri, and Billy Dee. I don't think any of them will have as big a role as say, Luke did in TLJ.

I take some comfort in knowing Kelly was there at the end of filming. Keri and Oscar were not, interestingly.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 19 Feb 2019, 12:42 pm

But Luke the FG will be back, so Luke as a character is still around. So is Leia.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 19 Feb 2019, 1:34 pm

Here's my Crack Theory of the day (besides Rey's last name being the MacGuffin), the Sacred Jedi Texts Rey stole from Ache-to are the new MacGuffin. You read it here first, somebody go tell Reddit that they heard it from their oldest sibling's college roommate who was neighbors with the caterers for the Skywalker Ranch Christmas Party.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Wed 20 Feb 2019, 12:26 am

AhsokaTano wrote:So this is from 4 chan regarding the teaser trailer and title and I know it’s probable faf but I love it and hoping it is real( though doubt it).Also didn’t Jason Ward of MSW say the teaser is a tear jerker well this would make me cry.
IX teaser and title? Sounds kind of real.
@AhsokaTano

I had a thought about this opening flashback scene.  Even if this rumor is bogus, we will likely get a few flashback scenes going back into Ben's past as well as Rey's, but what if it's Rey 'remembering' Ben's past and/or him remembering hers through their force bond?  I think that would make it more meaningful if the film opens with a flashback of Ben's childhood, and then we cut to a scene of Rey waking up from her 'dream' of him.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next