Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

+33
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
MissG
guardienne
jakkusun
YoloKylo
Reylo Lemon
MyOnlyHope
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Airemyn
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
CienaRee
Darth Rowan
AnneNeville
MoonlitMoss
Darth Dementor
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Kyla Ren
Rimfaxe96
Birdwoman
vaderito
SanghaRen
Force22
RKR Connection
Gemini
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 3 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by MyOnlyHope Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:18 pm

vaderito wrote:I think it's about Rey and Finn cause they are positioned as leads in the documentary. Not romantic leads but they get the most screen time.

However, awakenings is 100% about Rey and Ren only. That's what JJ says. Force in Rey and DS in Ren.
Agreed, although the fact that Finn isn't even represented on the soundtrack does make me question J.J.'s intent a little. That said, he was probably just talking about Finn and Rey. Realistically, I think we all know TFA is really the story of one young woman and two young men.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 3 Empty Re: [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm

Found it!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQ4DvY_v3Q

The bit I was talking about is around 27:00.
Believe me the whole panel is worth watching from the begin to the end.
Some very interesting bits on John Williams - it is around the beginning of it.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
vaderito wrote:I think it's about Rey and Finn cause they are positioned as leads in the documentary. Not romantic leads but they get the most screen time.

However, awakenings is 100% about Rey and Ren only. That's what JJ says. Force in Rey and DS in Ren.
Agreed, although the fact that Finn isn't even represented on the soundtrack does make me question J.J.'s intent a little. That said, he was probably just talking about Finn and Rey. Realistically, I think we all know TFA is really the story of one young woman and two young men.
If they'll treat him like they did in tfa, he could stay in the b plot forever for me (talking about finn).
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Gemini Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:35 pm

Is there any directors commentary?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 02 Apr 2016, 5:37 pm

I don't buy him as the lead either because his leading ended once he met Rey and was fully absorbed into her story where she was the lead. He was 100% her side-kick not her equal. No shared leadership, sorry. As small as Poe's part was, he headlined his little story. rey and Kylo's stories entwined and joined but never one made the other his/her side-kick. They remained equals.

But JJ says that the story belongs to Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo. It's their story. It's funny. Sometimes it's story about a young man and a young woman, sometimes it's a story about 4 characters. One reason more not to take film-makers words as gospel.

No commentary. You mean like director commenting on the whole movie? Every scene? Option that cna be turned on while watching the movie? No. And there won't be any on Blue Ray either @Gemini
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 02 Apr 2016, 6:13 pm

Force22 wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:

If they'll treat him like they did in tfa, he could stay in the b plot forever for me (talking about finn).

In the B plot, Finn will lead, so he'll become a more interesting character. And yeah, the soundtrack wasn't too generous with Finn... I personally don't buy him as co-lead, as in being 50% protagonist. He's a lead, but more like 30% or so... But, again, I think he'll get a lot more interesting away from Rey's shadow.
I hope so Smile
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by YoloKylo Sat 02 Apr 2016, 9:21 pm

So excited. My blu-ray is showing up on Monday!
YoloKylo
YoloKylo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://reyreylo.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 02 Apr 2016, 9:40 pm

YoloKylo wrote:So excited.  My blu-ray is showing up on Monday!

Same. I'm planning to rewatch the OT this weekend in preparation for rewatching TFA on Monday. XD

Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sat 02 Apr 2016, 10:40 pm

A couple of things I noticed in the documentary:

Leia and Han saying some words that weren't in the movie during their scene at the resistance base:
Leia: "You could always see him clearer than I did"
Han: "I don't know I saw
Who might they be talking about? I assume Ben, but could also be Luke.

At the end talking about Luke and Rey and the future of the story:
"There is a real ambiguity as to what his reaction is. I think he has great reservations. He's really conflicted. Who know's? We'll have to wait and see.

While this was never his story, this movie, it was all about him. It was all about how Luke critical is to the continuation of this amazing story. So what I'm most excited about is the story of Luke Skywalker and where it goes."
Does anyone else with the documentary think that this the italicized part was strange sounding? It sounds like the audio has a lot of cutting and pasting there. Cutting out spoilers? Also, they say "We'll have to wait and see" again. Makes me think that this has something to do with Kylo, but who knows?
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Mon 04 Apr 2016, 9:22 am

i just realised the DVD is only released april 28th.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD - Page 3 Empty [Discussion] TFA Blu-ray, DVD and DD

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2016, 4:45 pm

Anyone else disappointed by this?
It would have been nice to hear JJ, AD, DR, MH, CF, and HF talk about making the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 06 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

Purple Ren wrote:Anyone else disappointed by this?
It would have been nice to hear JJ, AD, DR, MH, CF, and HF talk about making the movie.
@Purple Ren
Yeah, the special features in general were a bit of a let down. I haven't even gotten the chance to watch the documentary yet, but it doesn't seem like it was all that informative. All the secrecy surrounding this saga continues sadly, and it definitely censored every one of the special features. Virtually every scene in TFA is so mysterious that actors probably wouldn't even be able to provide super interesting commentary. I'm just hoping features will be added onto rereleases of the movie in upcoming years. Smile
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 06 Apr 2016, 4:53 pm

Yeah it was cool go watch the making of the duel but that's about it, they understandably don't want to give too much away.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 06 Apr 2016, 4:56 pm

That's the saddest thing about all of this. The people who made the movie can't even talk about the best parts of their creation... everything is a potential spoiler. Daisy even seems to think about "we're finding the Force" is a spoiler, even though it was obvious what was going on in the scene. It was about both of them. They both awoke, the Light and the Dark.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitMoss Wed 06 Apr 2016, 5:02 pm

Yes, I am a bit disappointed with it. The special features just don't feel like they fit in with a movie of this scope and size. I think there is just too much secrecy and emphasis placed on this mystery box idea. It is kind of ruining the experience of it. I was really hoping there would be commentary. I'm not surprised it's absent, though.
MoonlitMoss
MoonlitMoss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 06 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm

I'm hoping for a LOTR type release once all the movies are out where they really go deep into how things were set up from the very beginning. Obviously with trilogies like that, based on books that have been around for decades, there's not quite as much need for the secrecy!
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Wed 06 Apr 2016, 5:29 pm

@BastilaBey I think it's pretty much what's going to happen, because
A)Now it'd be difficult to do plenty of features(especially commentary)without spoiling things
B)More cash for them, because people would want to buy more dvds with extra features on them
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:19 pm

Yes, the minimal offerings issued with this release seem to hint at something bigger down the road.
It seems to be the trend now, particularly with releases Stateside, to have the first version issued on home video to be sparse and just cover the basics.
Typicaly the film itself, maybe some commentary, and often a behind the scenes feature or outtake reel.
At a later date, a far more lavish offering is made when a reissue is done under the labeling of a 'collectors' or 'special' edition.
This alternative release is usually loaded with a lot of bonus features and documentaries as well as lots of other additional content not yet seen.

A excellent recent example of this trend was James Cameron's 'Avatar' and the LOTR trilogy releases.

Both were initially released fairly basic, and people snapped them up off the store shelves regardless.
Then several months later, a 'special' or 'collectors' edition was issued packed full of far more detailed offerings and bonus material.
I remember everyone rushing out to buy those films once they hit home video, but I waited ( particularly for the 'Avatar' reissue ) because I knew the good stuff was coming later.
It paid off.
So many people were upset about being 'tricked' into buying the earlier, basic release but anyone paying attention would have seen it coming.

I have no doubt at all this will be done with 'The Force Awakens'.
Of course, in this case we may well have to wait several years before that actually happens.
There will most certainly be a special 'collectors edition' boxed set of the three new Trilogy films packaged up..and you know it will include special features only found on that release.

Disney is notorious for this sort of home video release strategy.
Over the last decade or so, they have constantly reissued some of their more successful films and animated features over and over again as 'collectors editions' or 'platinum editions', or the like.
The only difference is the cover art and bonus materials.

I fully expect to see Disney release another version in the future...for sure.
It will happen, you just might have to wait until Episode X hits home video!

Last edited by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 06 Apr 2016, 8:30 pm

I'm beyond disappointed because this was an opportunity to clarify some things and show that some fans are not wrong in their reading of scenes. But as already pointed out, damn Mystery Box aka "everything is a spoiler" mindset.

I'm sure we'll get commentary retroactively in a special Box Set for the whole trilogy cause it won't be a spoiler then. But, yeha, I was hoping for director/writer/actors panel of comments.

I don't feel tricked. Just, eh, yeah, I was hoping for LOTR-level of Bonus Features.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm

Can't discuss this yet....
My DVD comes after april 20th Razz

But judging from what you all wrote here, I'll be disappointed? Are there any interesting features?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:26 am

Yeah, it was disappointing... my plan last night was to watch with commentary. Whoops! Didn't work out so well. Lol

The special features otherwise were ok. Not special. They should have called them OK Features.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:27 am

Purple Ren wrote:Yeah, it was disappointing... my plan last night was to watch with commentary. Whoops! Didn't work out so well. Lol

The special features otherwise were ok. Not special. They should have called them OK Features.
@Purple Ren

"Mediocre Features" might work, too
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 5:49 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Purple Ren wrote:Yeah, it was disappointing... my plan last night was to watch with commentary. Whoops! Didn't work out so well. Lol

@Purple Ren

"Mediocre Features" might work, too
@Darth Dingbat

Sad but true...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:09 am

thief..that´s my line Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next