Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE

+11
Darth Rowan
FrolickingFizzgig
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
spacebaby45678
AnneNeville
panki
Queen Rey
Darth_Awakened
Force22
Rogue Rey
vaderito
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 12:03 pm

Ha...You probably finished already but I will join when my guests leave....unless I pass out...
I also made fruit salad...Wink

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:02 pm

Did you know that Qui-Gon was a grey Jedi?

"If you would just follow the Code, you would be on the Council. They will not go along with you this time."-Obi-Wan to Qui-Gon

"Jedi who frequently clashed with the will of the Council were sometimes thought of as Gray even if they did not necessarily walk the line between the light and dark sides of the Force. Around 44 BBY, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was thought of as a Gray Jedi by some members of the Order for his frequent opposition to their demands" -starwars.wikia

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:29 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:@vaderito Qui-Gon decided Padme's fate too when he asked Obi-wan to take Anakin on as his apprentice.

Qui-Gon set the wheels in motion and didn't even have the decency to stick around and watch it play out! How rude Razz Razz Lolilol

Do you think you learnt much from TPM???
@Rogue Rey

Yes I do! As @bela.mesecina pointed out, Qui Gonn is a grey Jedi. It isn't explicitly said but you can feel it from the fact that he doesn't care about seating at JC and he has different opinion on what a Jedi should be focused on than Yoda. He seems more attuned to the Force itself rather than use it to further his ambition. he's also more compassionate than the other Jedi. Like Obi Wan says, he picks up pitiful life forms. Plus, he wears grey on Tatooine so that's that.

Shmi was so wise! And she really wanted Anakin to be Spartacus of Tatooine.

Palpatine played Amidala terribly. She fell for line, hook, sinker. Poor Padme.

Anakin was only annoying in the cockpit. Otherwise he's a decent kid.

The Republic was crap that didn't really care about its most needy citizens.

Like I said in my blog, I hate condo temple because it's void of any mysticism.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:40 pm

Force22 wrote:@vaderito , horrible celebration music because it's the emperor's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDvmJ1VSS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JLnh_sWd-A

It'd better be terrible!

I love all your other points. I won't join the viewing party, but it's nice to read the comments!
@Force22

This is open for people to add comments if they see the movie any time after this weekend. So no pressure.

OMG, it's his music! Oh boy! Terrrible. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:45 pm

Nope. Just nope. I am OT purist.
And I let Pablo Hidalgo to think of me whatever he wants Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:50 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Nope. Just nope. I am OT purist.
And I let Pablo Hidalgo to think of me whatever he wants Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

@Darth_Awakened

TP is actually more relevant for Reylo than OT. Tire langue L

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 D5f51450f97582bd71489b1d1d178959
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm

vaderito wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

TP is actually more relevant for Reylo than OT. Tire langue L

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 D5f51450f97582bd71489b1d1d178959
@vaderito

Sometimes i think i'm the only one who loves PT..i love all 7 movies

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:12 pm

@bela.mesecina I got into TP thanks to TFA. And especially since I discovered that it's more relevant for Reylo than OT. It does require patience because of GL's love for OTT CGI over emotional content, but world building is incredible and it's Kylo's family so...
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

vaderito wrote:
And I let Pablo Hidalgo to think of me whatever he wants Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

@Darth_Awakened

TP is actually more relevant for Reylo than OT.  Tire langue L

@vaderito

Nevertheless a bad movie.
Not impressed. Wink

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Giphy
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm

The point isn't whether it's good or bad but how it ties in with TFA and how it can help us predict future. Also, it's an insight into Kylo's maternal side of the family and similarities he has with its members. @Darth_Awakened
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:36 pm

vaderito wrote:The point isn't whether it's good or bad but how it ties in with TFA and how it can help us predict future. Also, it's an insight into Kylo's maternal side of the family and similarities he has with its members. @Darth_Awakened
@vaderito

Dear vaderito Smile
I am just kidding and having fun...sorry If I offended you or somebody else Smile
But I just can not help myself: I am not crazy about that movie. (I liked only Wattoo (was it his name?) the rest is was just meh.)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 2:41 pm

@Darth_Awakened no offense at all. What, no love for Sebulba?

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Tumblr_mx6a7nLSfu1ryf2bdo2_r1_250

A SW character who says "shag"? OMG! You must join Sebulba fan club!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

vaderito wrote:@Darth_Awakened no offense at all. What, no love for Sebulba?

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Tumblr_mx6a7nLSfu1ryf2bdo2_r1_250

A SW character who says "shag"? OMG! You must join Sebulba fan club!
@vaderito

khmm...honestly I forgot about that guy...yeah he was kind a cool as well.
My first problem with that movie, as I recall well, was Darth Maul.
Sounds silly - but I was sort of offended by this one-dimensional villain (not a shadow of a villain I used to see in SW movies).
Only after TFA I realised how excellent and intelligent job J.J. & co. did with Kylo. Not a Vader, but still thrilling and super interesting...and well...hot (that s bonus definitely Very Happy)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:08 pm

I don't get Maul love either. Aside his ballerina double blade dance, which is cool and would look tremendous if Rey did it, he was nothing of a role, went down like a b****.

I also prefer Kylo's medieval style swinging to Jedi's speedy kendo style. Much manlier. @Darth_Awakened
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Rey Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

I don't know if I'll make it this weekend to watch the movie, but I'll be reading this topic. Looking forward to all your theories.
Queen Rey
Queen Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:29 pm

Queen Rey wrote:I don't know if I'll make it this weekend to watch the movie, but I'll be reading this topic. Looking forward to all your theories.
@Queen Rey

Anyone can catch up next weekend or whenever they have time.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sat 09 Apr 2016, 3:45 pm

Okay I'll try again seeing as my previous attempt disappeared!!!!

Things I learnt from TPM:

Shmi was very wise and forshadow-y

Anakin was a happy kid despite his circumstances - that yipppeeee!

Palpatine was child snatcher creepy with some serious hair!!!  Evil or Very Mad

Padme was a strong and passionate young woman - something we see in Leia and Kylo/Ben

Obi-wan was such a goody-goody till things changed with Qui-Gon's death

It reaffirms what I've thought for a long time Qui-Gon was a grey Jedi

Mace Windu was a pompous a***

The Jedi Council were unwilling to listen or change and pretty much brought Anakin's downfall on themselves by not listening and accepting difference

I'm glad they used real props in TFA and not rely heavily on CGI

Found Jar Jar Binks so incredibly annoying and really rather pointless (more so this time!) Im' not even sure why they even had the whole Gungan plot, I know Jar Jar is responsible for electing Palpatine to be Chancellor in ROTS but still.....

Darth Maul was wasted as a baddie - other than his cool appearance and lightsaber there was nothing to him - glad Kylo is a more complex villain with emotion and diverse and intriguing layers

You can see elements of Shmi and Padme in Kylo/Ben in looks and character

Glad I saw spotted the E.T.'s in the Senate again (always a highlight for me!! Very Happy )
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:08 pm

Great observations from everyone. I rewatched TPM a few weeks ago. I'm not inclined to watch it again just yet. I did really like Padme even though she got played big time by Palpatine. I also see Padme in Kylo/Ben. I loved Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon and was sad we never saw his force ghost. I'm also puzzled by the fuss about Darth Maul. The design of him and his double-edged staff lightsaber were cool, but that's it. I had such a crush on Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan back in the day. I actually preferred his longer hair look in AoTC, though. EM was on the Graham Norton show last night, and he was looking fine!

I quite liked kid Anakin. The bit where he runs back to hug Shmi brought tears to my eyes. I was imagining Ben Solo doing the same with Leia.

Creepy Palpatine homing in on young Anakin also makes me think of Ben and Snoke. Poor Skywalker kids and their creepy stalkers!

I don't hate Jar Jar Binks, but his shenanigans do start to grate, especially when he's messing with the pod racer.

I actually saw TPM three times at the cinema when it was originally released. My stepson had just about all the action figures and spaceships etc. I don't think I could quite accept that it wasn't a good movie until much later. Talk about denial! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:19 pm

Poor Padme and Anakin, gotplayed by Creeper!Palp and poor Ben got played by Creeper!Snoke.

Exclusion of Qui Gonn Force Ghost is puzzling but maybe he didn't want to hang out with those by-the-code b****es Yoda and OB1?

Love how many characters one can see in Kylo. Not an easy task.

Since Kylo is very much like Anakin, I suppose little Ben was like that, afraid for his parents. Maybe Snoke threatened that they'd die? And then it was Ben who killed his father, not Snoke. No
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:26 pm

I could see that with Ben and Snoke @vaderito After all, Anakin's fear of losing Padme became a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. It's the creepy manipulators way of getting what they want via twisting events to their advantage. Ben must be the one to break free before it's too late, or suffer his grandfather's fate, he will! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:30 pm

he's already suffered his grandfather's fate - fell into the darkness - but won't have to wait 20 years to see the Light. cause:

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Tumblr_o4i82wUxud1s3ulybo3_250

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o5bvl6r2Dh1u0b6dp_540

Anakin lost Padme in his darkest hour...but Ben found Rey.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 09 Apr 2016, 4:35 pm

vaderito wrote:Poor Padme and Anakin, gotplayed by Creeper!Palp and poor Ben got played by Creeper!Snoke.

Exclusion of Qui Gonn Force Ghost is puzzling but maybe he didn't want to hang out with those by-the-code b****es Yoda and OB1?

Love how many characters one can see in Kylo. Not an easy task.

Since Kylo is very much like Anakin, I suppose little Ben was like that, afraid for his parents. Maybe Snoke threatened that they'd die? And then it was Ben who killed his father, not Snoke. No
@vaderito

Qui Gon Jinn died before he could complete the practices that could allow him to become a proper force ghost so he normally manifests as a voice....though I think in some force strong places, he can appear.....

ompletely agree! Ben Solo must have been scared for his parents and that is what Snoke must have used to pull him to the dark side...and then made him kill his Dad Sad

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by panki Sat 09 Apr 2016, 5:23 pm

Force22 wrote:
panki wrote:
@vaderito

Qui Gon Jinn died before he could complete the practices that could allow him to become a proper force ghost so he normally manifests as a voice....though I think in some force strong places, he can appear.....

ompletely agree! Ben Solo must have been scared for his parents and that is what Snoke must have used to pull him to the dark side...and then made him kill his Dad Sad
@panki

Well, actually, in TCW, it's Qui Gon who returns from the dead and teaches Yoda and the gang to become force ghosts. He does become a force ghost:

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 2 QuiGon_1295547647

Watch Mortis!

@Force22

Ive seen Mortis......He only appears as a force ghost in the Mortis trilogy because it is a force strong place.....otherwise he can only manifest as a Force Voice..... it is an irony that Yoda and Obi-wan learnt this from Qui Gon but he himself couldn't complete the process.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_spirit

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next