Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE

+11
Darth Rowan
FrolickingFizzgig
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
spacebaby45678
AnneNeville
panki
Queen Rey
Darth_Awakened
Force22
Rogue Rey
vaderito
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE

Post by panki Sat 09 Apr 2016, 5:30 pm

Force22 wrote:@panki you're right! Still, he has been seen as a force ghost, right?

I really like Qui-Gon, I wish they made a spin-off with him, or perhaps with some other rebellious/grey jedi.
@Force22

Liam Neeson has actually expressed interest in reprising his role as Qui Gon .....I really hope LF makes a stand alone movie about his life...... Very Happy

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Liam-Neeson-Wants-Return-Star-Wars-Here-How-It-Can-Happen-69084.html

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE

Post by AnneNeville Sat 09 Apr 2016, 5:33 pm

Qui Gon for Rey ancestor!
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 09 Apr 2016, 6:44 pm

I love Qui Gonn so he's fine by me as Rey's ancestor, spin-off movies etc.

Re: Darth Jar Jar. Possible cause his screen tiem got reduced due to insane (and well deserved) backlash. I bet G: was shocked how unpopular Jar Jar was. He thought Jar jar was the key

he really believed in that character. No

I loved OB1's disdain for that idiot.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 10 Apr 2016, 2:12 am

GL actually thought Jar Jar was funny???

Star Wars Episodes I-VII Viewing Party: THE PHANTOM MENACE - Page 3 Hestonlaugh2

Loved all of the TPM comments, I am watching it now.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 5:12 am

OK....My sample is in the machine...I have 3 hrs to kill.

*puts on TPM, grabs (imaginary) popcorn*

t=0 so it begins...
opening crawl:
"A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."

t=2 min
Why is a kid piloting a space ship?

t=3 min
hmmmm Qui-Gon Jinn is very tall...."I have a bad feeling about this" Yeah, me to Brobi-Wan Very Happy

t=6 min

OB1 can handle a sword quite nicely, hah

t=7 min
"The negotiations were short" he´s funny Very Happy

t=8 min
Amidala wears too much makeup....must be hiding something...lol

t=11 min
Jar Jar...ugh...fastforwarding

t=13 min
How come OB1 and QG clothes are dry when they enter the underwater city after a swim, strange waters on Naboo are Razz

t=17 min
There´s allways a biger fish....hihihi

t=19 min
OB1 bypasses the electrical malfunction of the bongo....hmmmmm....kinda looks like a compressor to me

t=25
R2D2 is a droid on Queen Amidala's Naboo Royal Starship when we first see him....Anidala's astromech droid, not OB1's *chuckles*

t=45 min
Qui-gon about Ani
"The force is unusually strong with him....that much is clear...Who was his father?" HA! Blood is important!!! For a Jedi anyway...Guess Ray is not RANDOM

t=55 min
"Bantha poo-doo!"  hahahah

t=57
I knew I liked qui-Gon for a reason - he is reckless Very Happy I can relate to that Cool

t=1h 1-7 min
Ani is just like Alonso....this pods sound way better than F1
Kid Ani  is not that bad as I thought....but still love man Ani better Very Happy

t= 1h 8 min
Obi-Wan: "Why do I get the feeling that we've picked up another pathetic life form?"
He HATES Jar Jar...hahah

t= 1h 13 min
The first skirmish between Qui-Gon and Darth Maul - Maul uses a single bladed lightsaber?? where is his signature piece?
Oh...same sword....used just one blade here....I like that weapon....hope Rey will have similar in ep.8

t=1 h 17 min
Yeah...whoever called Padme being some weird mother substitution to Ani was spot on...not cool

t=1h 21min 51 sec
Just after Qui-Gon says "It is possible he was concieved by the midi-chlorians"....there is a shot of two Jedi Masters....the left one is woman...does that mean that Ashoka Tano was not the first female Jedi? There was discussion about that somewhere on this forum...

t= 1h 31min
"Always remember: Your focus determines your reality" This may be my favorite SW quote Very Happy qui-Gon is such a rebel...

t=1h 46-2h
Duel of the Fates.
This is the best part of the movie for me and the best lightsaber duel of 1-6. Very close to Rey-Ren´s....very....
Double bladed lightsaber will be my weapon of choice should I ever become a Sith. Both Qui-Gon and OB1 were angry and reckless here....but OB1 won...means he was better that his master, and that blood line should not be lost...hope he made love to some women Very Happy

t=2h
Qui-Gon touches OB1´s face....the same side as Han touched his son´s face...beautiful

t=2h
"And you young Skywalker...we will watch your career with great interest" Twisted Evil

t=2h 1 min
OB1:"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin... without the approval of the Council, if I must."
He was rebelious and defiant too...just went up in my eyes...how come I didn´t notice these things before?
Guess I wasn´t watching very attentively...I guess your focus DOES determine your reality, hahaha

Finished...All and all it was a good viewing...saw many things I never saw before...no doubt it was influenced by very intelligent discussions about SW in the past 3 months Very Happy
Final thoughts:
Padme was a strong woman in TPM...whatever happened to her to turn her into such a weakling in TRotS? Love is supposed to make you stronger, like you can do anything....guess it was not love then between her and Ani...more like lust from his part and some weird wanna-be-your-mother-thing from her side.....weird.
Also...A lot of good guy´s victories in SW are the result of dumb luck....dunno if that´s such a good thing really...
It´s about time a woman steps up and save the galaxy...go Rey
Girl power

Last edited by Arcana on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 8:36 am; edited 13 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Apr 2016, 6:41 am

Arcana wrote:OK....My sample is in the machine...I have 3 hrs to kill.

*puts on TPM, grabs (imaginary) popcorn*

t=0 so it begins...
opening crawl:
"A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."

t=2 min
Why is a kid piloting a space ship?

LOL that girl who got blown up with the ship!

t=3 min
hmmmm Qui-Gon Jinn is very tall...."I have a bad feeling about this" Yeah, me to Brobi-Wan Very Happy

Qui-Gonn is very tall...like Kylo!

t=6 min

OB1 can handle a sword quite nicely, hah

t=7 min
"The negotiations were short" he´s funny Very Happy

yeah, OB1's sarcasm is awesome, as is his disdain for Jar Jar.

t=8 min
Amidala wears too much makeup....must be hiding something...lol

t=11 min
Jar Jar...ugh...fastforwarding

t=13 min
How come OB1 and QG clothes are dry when they enter the underwater city after a swim, strange waters on Naboo are Razz

Brilliant observation! Maybe that jello wall they come through dries their clothes immediately? Or maybe it's dry water of sorts? or maybe it's just stupid plot hole? I mean, Gunguns likely have water proof clothes but those old Jedi robes are not.

t=17 min
There´s allways a biger fish....hihihi

t=19 min
OB1 bypasses the electrical malfunction of the bongo....hmmmmm....kinda looks like a compressor to me

Rey is a Kenobi! Twisted Evil

t=25
R2D2 is a droid on Queen Amidala's Naboo Royal Starship when we first see him....Anidala's astromech droid, not OB1's *chuckles*

t=45 min
Qui-gon about Ani
"The force is unusually strong with him....that much is clear...Who was his father?" HA! Blood is important!!! For a Jedi anyway...Guess Ray is not RANDOM
@Arcana

That's TP but JJ said that anyone could be FS regardless of family. And Ani didn't have a father so...
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 6:46 am

@vaderito
I´m halfway through....later Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Apr 2016, 6:52 am

Arcana wrote:@vaderito
@Arcana

Tty when you are done! Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 10:48 am

vaderito wrote:
Arcana wrote:@vaderito
@Arcana

Tty when you are done! Very Happy
@vaderito

Finished and updated the comments....It was a good viewing Smile
Looking forward to next weekend...although AotC is *** of all Very Happy

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed disallowed word)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:00 am

Enjoying reading everyone's observations about TPM.

Think we're all concluding the following:

Qui-Gon is a bada**

Obi-wan turned rebellious due to Qui-Gon's death after being a little bit too straight laced

The Jedi Council were too pompous, sanctimonious and self righteous

Kid Ani wasn't that bad

Padme started off strong but once she met lil Ani things went down hill
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:11 am

Arcana wrote:

t=55 min
"Bantha poo-doo!"  hahahah

Sebulba! I love you I love you I love you

t=57
I knew I liked qui-Gon for a reason - he is reckless Very Happy I can relate to that Cool

t=1h 1-7 min
Ani is just like Alonso....this pods sound way better than F1
Kid Ani  is not that bad as I thought....but still love man Ani better Very Happy

t= 1h 8 min
Obi-Wan: "Why do I get the feeling that we've picked up another pathetic life form?"
He HATES Jar Jar...hahah

OB1's quote is priceless. It's like GL was subconsciously aware that Jar Jar sucked and gave OB1 lines that expressed GL's subconscious thoughts

t= 1h 13 min
The first skirmish between Qui-Gon and Darth Maul - Maul uses a single bladed lightsaber?? where is his signature piece?
Oh...same sword....used just one blade here....I like that weapon....hope Rey will have similar in ep.8

I think that Rey's skill with staff is a huge hint that she'll get a double blade saber. Also, DR's stunt double Chloe Bruce is a stick fight wizard. Doubtful that skill will go wasted.

t=1 h 17 min
Yeah...whoever called Padme being some weird mother substitution to Ani was spot on...not cool

t=1h 21min 51 sec
Just after Qui-Gon says "It is possible he was concieved by the midi-chlorians"....there is a shot of two Jedi Masters....the left one is woman...does that mean that Ashoka Tano was not the first female Jedi? There was discussion about that somewhere on this forum...

AOTC is full of female Jedi and one gets killed on screen in ROTS. Ahsoka is tiger-skin jailbait from cartoons, right?

t= 1h 31min
"Always remember: Your focus determines your reality" This may be my favorite SW quote Very Happy qui-Gon is such a rebel...

I love that line. of course, that didn't help him see thought Handmaid Padme/Queen Admidala's rather transparent deceit.

t=1h 46-2h
Duel of the Fates.
This is the best part of the movie for me and the best lightsaber duel of 1-6. Very close to Rey-Ren´s....very....
Double bladed lightsaber will be my weapon of choice should I ever become a Sith. Both Qui-Gon and OB1 were angry and reckless here....but OB1 won...means he was better that his master, and that blood line should not be lost...hope he made love to some women Very Happy

I find it hilarious that OB1's canon LI is named Satine like Ewan's LI from Moulin Rouge. OB1's Satine was a countess while Mouin Rouge one was a courtesan.

IMO, Duel of Fates is superior to Snow Fight on technical level - Maul's ballerina fighting style is indeed impressive and all 3 went for the kill so no holding back. But Snow Fight beats it in emotions. It's very raw and grounded in reality and, again, so freakin emotional. Plus Reylo portion of it is lightsaber sex. Twisted Evil

I hope Kylo keeps his crossguard spinning style of fighting. It's different from regular Jedi/Sith style and so sexy. Like Space Aragorn.

t=2h
Qui-Gon touches OB1´s face....the same side as Han touched his son´s face...beautiful

t=2h
"And you young Skywalker...we will watch your career with great interest" Twisted Evil

Qui Gonn touches OB1's face = OB1 must be his son, right? Fanboy logic.

t=2h 1 min
OB1:"Master Yoda, I gave Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin... without the approval of the Council, if I must."
He was rebelious and defiant too...just went up in my eyes...how come I didn´t notice these things before?
Guess I wasn´t watching very attentively...I guess your focus DOES determine your reality, hahaha

He was in that occasion but he caves in later when he becomes JC member.

Finished...All and all it was a good viewing...saw many things I never saw before...no doubt it was influenced by very intelligent discussions about SW in the past 3 months Very Happy
Final thoughts:
Padme was a strong woman in TPM...whatever happened to her to turn her into such a weakling in TRotS? Love is supposed to make you stronger, like you can do anything....guess it was not love then between her and Ani...more like lust from his part and some weird wanna-be-your-mother-thing from her side.....weird.
Also...A lot of good guy´s victories in SW are the result of dumb luck....dunno if that´s such a good thing really...
It´s about time a woman steps up and save the galaxy...go Rey
Girl power
@Arcana

Padme was keeping her love a secret which took its toll. One one side, she didn't want to lose her position in the Senate (not for glory but she genuinely wanted to help people), on the other, she didn't want to lose Anakin. So that created stress and stress leads to anxiety, depression, etc.

Yeah, AOTC is the worst cause amount of CGI and overlong pointless action is through the roof. We'll suffer together next week but we shall prevail! Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sun 10 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

My fave bits in Episode 1 - 

Love Qui-Gon Jinn.
My favorite Jedi.
He exerts a lot of wisdom and has that slight rebellious streak going against the Council at times.
Always saw him right up there with Yoda as most Force connected Master.
Love him.
Liam Neeson played a fine Jedi.

Watto.
One of my favorite non-human characters in Star Wars.
Love his gruff little demeanor and his interesting character design.
The scene between him and Qui-Gon outside of his junk shop, where the Jedi tries to mind trick him into accepting Republic Credits, is pure gold.
Love his reaction there.." I'm a Tydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me, only money..!"

Sebulba.
Another cool character I really liked from the Prequels.
His smugness and shifty game play make him a interesting addition.
A unique character design too...having his 'hands' actually be his 'feet' and vise versa.

The 'Duel of Fates' musical score.
Such a great piece of music from John Williams.
The duel against Maul was good, but the score here raises it up to an even higher level.

The Pod-Racing sequence.
Enjoy this entire sequence once the race begins.
Great stuff.
Editing gives it a nice tense edge, different elements playing off of each other, musical queues, Sebulba's wicked habits in disposing fellow racers..it's all good.

Naboo Celebration musical score at the films finale.
Love that piece of music, with the chorus.
The matching visuals are nice too...minus clumsy goof Jar Jar..sigh...but the music is great!

----------

And now, my list of things that I was not overly keen on from Episode 1 -

Jar Jar Binks.
I LIKED the Gungans...but Jar Jar was annoying for me.
The Gungans City ( cool design concepts ) and the battle against the droid army were welcome, but Jar Jar is another matter.
Two things about him irked me - the implied 'racial slur' tendencies that he shadowed ( totally unintended by the filmmakers, I am sure ) and his role as a obviously placed kid-friendly 'comedy relief' character.

Darth Maul.
A very cool looking Sith apprentice who had a fantastic and vicious fighting style, but was virtually wasted in the film from a character development and story standpoint.
I always kind of wished we saw a bit more involvement from him within the context of the story as he just seemed tacked on to fill the needed 'villain' role.
No depth or interest there outside of his intimidating look ( which was great..) and his good duel with the Jedi ( which was awesome...).
He was kind of a shallow baddie...and it would have been nice to have had him more involved.

The other aspect that at the time of the films original release I remember rubbing me the wrong way was how 'kid friendly' and 'cutified' some segments of the film were.
It seemed obvious that George Lucas was specifically targeting kids with this new chapter, and some segments really drove that home to me that were cringeworthy.
Some might just find them 'cute' and Young Ani I liked, it's just some of his dialog and situation reactions were...well....'too cute' or kidified.

Last edited by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack on Sun 10 Apr 2016, 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 10 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

Nooo I missed this
OH WELL.

I'll be here for The Clone Wars.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sun 10 Apr 2016, 9:34 pm

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:My fave bits in Episode 1 - 

Love Qui-Gon Jinn.
My favorite Jedi.
He exerts a lot of wisdom and has that slight rebellious streak going against the Council at times.
Always saw him right up there with Yoda as most Force connected Master.
Love him.
Liam Neeson played a fine Jedi.

Watto.
One of my favorite non-human characters in Star Wars.
Love his gruff little demeanor and his interesting character design.
The scene between him and Qui-Gon outside of his junk shop, where the Jedi tries to mind trick him into accepting Republic Credits, is pure gold.
Love his reaction there.." I'm a Tydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me, only money..!"

Sebulba.
Another cool character I really liked from the Prequels.
His smugness and shifty game play make him a interesting addition.
A unique character design too...having his 'hands' actually be his 'feet' and vise versa.

The 'Duel of Fates' musical score.
Such a great piece of music from John Williams.
The duel against Maul was good, but the score here raises it up to an even higher level.
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Great post! I really liked reading this. I agree with everything you say here. Especially about Watto! He doesn't usually get any praise as a character, but I thought he was really enjoyable and fun. What I most liked about him was that in spite of his being a scoundrel and literally a slave driver, it was also clear that he had soft spot for Ani. He wasn't cruel, and he could have been. Later in the PT when Anakin encounters him again he seems genuinely pleased to see him. Almost heart-warming to see, lol.

Here are my favorite things about TPM:

-Qui-Gon, of course. n_n

If he had lived maybe everything would have worked out better for poor Anakin and, well, the galaxy. Qui-Gon would have been an amazing father-figure to Ani, Sidious/Palpatine would have had no foothold, not as easy a way to get his hooks into Anakin. Qui-Gon also wouldn't have been blinded to Sidious the way the Jedi Council was, because he wasn't concerned with increasing his own influence/protecting his position/going on the offensive. He wasn't apprehensive, aggressive and closed off, the way Mace Windu was. He really was a fantastic Jedi, would have loved to have seen more of him.

-The magnificent pageantry of Queen Amidala in stark contrast to the simplicity of Padme's style. I just really enjoyed her character here. Natalie Portman's best showing in Star Wars. She seemed invested/committed in a way that I didn't see her achieve in other installments.

-Darth Maul: gone to soon, RIP.

-The music. As you say, 8-Pack, John Williams brought his A-game to this movie. Duel of the Fates is one of those scores that gives me chills each time I hear it. Just amaaaazing.

My least favorite thing about TPM is how it began to tear down my beloved Yoda, and the whole of the Jedi Council and Jedi Order. By the time the PT was done, I was completely disillusioned with the Jedi Order and that was a hard pill to swallow. I had been the kid who played with my grandma's oversized umbrella, making lightsaber sounds and swinging it around yelling "I will never join you!". Throughout my childhood what I wanted to be the most was a Jedi (on days when it wasn't astronaut, cashier or king). But everything I thought the order stood for turned out to be meaningless rhetoric, because the Jedi themselves did not follow their own code in the PT, and they did things unbecoming and disturbing that led to their own downfall as surely as Sidious' machinations did. Bottom line: the Jedi council really, really screwed up.

They mishandled Anakin from day one. That scene where this little kid is brought out before the council so they can inform him that they don't want him because he is distressed for his mother and fears for her, because he's too old and because he loves - that scene is nuts. They couldn't have been more unkind to that child if they had deliberately set out to be. The complete lack of compassion there is stunning. When Qui-Gon Jinn said he was going to train Anakin no matter what I wanted to get up and clap. Somebody needed to stand up for that little boy, good grief.

End rant. u_u
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Apr 2016, 10:03 pm

Great thoughts, ladies! Count me in Team Qui Gonn. It's a tragedy that Anakin lost him and was left at the mercy of JC. Darth Rowan's critique of JC and how they received that poor child is on the money. I hated Windu and seriously disliked Yoda in this. I think that Luke is like Qui Gonn. he has compassion for everyone.

Maul should have been Palp's apprentice all the way to ROTS and then defeated and replaced by Anakin. Dooku, well, I leave that for next weekend viewing party but, yeah, it should have been Maul.

Watto and Sebulba were awesome. Watto was so much fun. I wonder if he's still alive. Don't know what Tydarian life span is but my headcanon is that he is. I want Rey and Ben to meet him when they come to Tattoine to free slaves.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:45 pm

I actually like the way the Jedi Order was presented in that it shows that legends are never what they seem to be. Kinda like how nowadays some people look back on the age of knights and the Code of Chivalry and think it was all one big King Arthur story when the truth was very different.

The Jedi were mortal beings, imperfect, and they made mistakes. They became so devoted to their Code that they couldn't see beyond it; the Code became a gilded prison they constructed around themselves.

The Jedi Order we meet in the PT is one that has stagnated (a thousand years of being the unchallenged guardians of peace and justice will do that to you). Qui-Gon felt this, which is why he opened up his mind and explored other aspects of the Force and wasn't afraid to bend he rules of the Jedi if he felt it served a greater good.
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 2:22 am

Rogue Rey wrote:Enjoying reading everyone's observations about TPM.

Think we're all concluding the following:

Qui-Gon is a bada**

Obi-wan turned rebellious due to Qui-Gon's death after being a little bit too straight laced

The Jedi Council were too pompous, sanctimonious and self righteous

Kid Ani wasn't that bad

Padme started off strong but once she met lil Ani things went down hill

Agree with this...but don´t forget the strange Naboo waters that don´t make you wet when you swim in them Very Happy

vaderito wrote:
@Arcana

Padme was keeping her love a secret which took its toll. One one side, she didn't want to lose her position in the Senate (not for glory but she genuinely wanted to help people), on the other, she didn't want to lose Anakin. So that created stress and stress leads to anxiety, depression, etc.

Yeah, AOTC is the worst cause amount of CGI and overlong pointless action is through the roof. We'll suffer together next week but we shall prevail!  Twisted Evil

That´s just it....keeping secrets is exhausting...that´s why I always tell the truth even if I know that it will bring me pain....I don´t lie...sometimes I don´t tell the whole truth...but I am completely honest with people I care about and i get punished for that...but I just have to because I don´t do hiding well...it get´s to me...my conscience is to damn strong...I can´t sleep or eat...even if it´s a stupid little thing....some people don´t like that about me...but there are many important ones that do, and appreciate my frankness Very Happy

I can totally buy that she was distraught and weakened by all the hiding...but I really don´t get why continue this....did she do it because of Anakin and to protect his Jedi Knightliness? or for herself? to keep her job as a senator....but that´s just bull...if their love was so great than nothing of these things should matter....specially if you conceive children...you can be powerful or the most powerful FS and not rule the galaxy...why would you want to...If you want to rule others then you are not that powerful to begin with, no? The most powerful men/women they don´t need to rule over others to feel good about themselves....or to have the best (red) speeder...castle...or whatever...they just are...they are that powerful...weaklings want to rule over others...at least that´s how I see things...but I´m a screw up idealist who is totally not designed to live in today´s world....

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Mon 11 Apr 2016, 3:11 am

Arcana wrote:

t=1h 21min 51 sec

There have always been female Jedi, it's just that George Lucas never gave them prominence in his films. The EU expanded on female Jedi a lot more.

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 4:34 am

Oh...didn´t know that...I am not familiar with EU....but happy to learn something new any day...Thanks @Armadeus
EU seems to have a lot more of interesting characters, at least from my point of view...

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Apr 2016, 7:55 am

Armadeus wrote: I actually like the way the Jedi Order was presented in that it shows that legends are never what they seem to be. Kinda like how nowadays some people look back on the age of knights and the Code of Chivalry and think it was all one big King Arthur story when the truth was very different.

The Jedi were mortal beings, imperfect, and they made mistakes. They became so devoted to their Code that they couldn't see beyond it; the Code became a gilded prison they constructed around themselves.

The Jedi Order we meet in the PT is one that has stagnated (a thousand years of being the unchallenged guardians of peace and justice will do that to you). Qui-Gon felt this, which is why he opened up his mind and explored other aspects of the Force and wasn't afraid to bend he rules of the Jedi if he felt it served a greater good.
@Armadeus

That's an excellent point. I think this is why Luke is trying to find First Jedi Temple, go back to basics when Force use was pure and uncorrupted. Hopefully that also means balance of Light and Dark as opposed to one destroying the other (which is essentially vying for power).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 11 Apr 2016, 10:21 am

Jar Jar is tazed just like Finn in the beginning of the movie

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 11 Apr 2016, 12:57 pm

The prequels Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
ROTS was the best of them, but I will join you guys when A New Hope rolls around. Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Apr 2016, 1:44 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Jar Jar is tazed just like Finn in the beginning of the movie

@spacebaby45678

Finn is the Jar Jar of ST.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm

vaderito wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Jar Jar is tazed just like Finn in the beginning of the movie

@spacebaby45678

Finn is the Jar Jar of ST.
@vaderito

I actually liked Jar Jar *please don't kill me* Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next