Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

+46
Jozie
Jakku
Darth Rowan
Rei of Sunshine
Marchtwin
Maria26
Helix
RKR Connection
Xylo Ren
Armadeus
Queen Rey
ReyofLightSide
Search Your Feelings
EchoBase
MissG
ISeeAnIsland
Gemini
Kyla Ren
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
Mana
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
rey09
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
BastilaBey
SanghaRen
Force22
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Moonjump05
MoonFyre
Little_Boots
SoloSideCousin
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
panki
IoJovi
Reylo Lemon
Reynak
Rogue Rey
AnneNeville
vaderito
50 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

Post by Little_Boots Wed 13 Apr 2016, 11:21 pm

CienaRee wrote:Someone on tumblr mentioned (while talking about Obi Wan warning Rey in the vision about her being tempted and not being able to control it)that there's a quote from Disney World that Kylo says .I don't know if anyone's seen it so I decided to post it :
"You show a facade of light to those around you but I can see where it fades.The dark side calls you.Don't fight it,you can't."

That sound pretty awesome abs it might be forshadowing for episode 8.I'm all for Kylo seducing Rey to the Dark side if him being seduced to the Light by Rey.
@CienaRee

Kylo Ren action figure that talks says "don't fight it you know you cant"
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

Post by BastilaBey Wed 13 Apr 2016, 11:32 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
CienaRee wrote:Someone on tumblr mentioned (while talking about Obi Wan warning Rey in the vision about her being tempted and not being able to control it)that there's a quote from Disney World  that Kylo says .I don't know if anyone's seen it so I decided to post it :
"You show a facade of light to those around you but I can see where it fades.The dark side calls you.Don't fight it,you can't."

That sound pretty awesome abs it might be forshadowing for episode 8.I'm all for Kylo seducing Rey to the Dark side if him being seduced to the Light by Rey.
@CienaRee

Kylo Ren action figure that talks says "don't fight it you know you cant"
@Little_Boots

I love this quote! And it's really interesting to think about Kylo being the only one who sees the potential darkness within her. A lot of us have acknowledged that Rey can get angry very quickly, she attacks before asking questions, slashed his face when she really didn't have to. He's been inside her head and knows how lonely she's been, how that could lead her to the darkness. Hopefully they can somehow meet in the grey in between.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:02 am

@BastilaBey

That is a new angle to look at it through. I've read a theory that when the saber called to Rey it wasn't the Force that was calling her, to it, but the Dark Side? There could be something to it?
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:03 am

Darth Dementor wrote:@BastilaBey

That is a new angle to look at it through. I've read a theory that when the saber called to Rey it wasn't the Force that was calling her, to it, but the Dark Side? There could be something to it?
@Darth Dementor

Ooohhhh I like that! Kylo didn't channel the darkness, Rey did!! Intrigued!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:10 am

@Darth Dementor

It's hard to tell, because if we're going by how the Jedi masters of the previous trilogies talked, it does seem like Rey could have been using the dark side. She was reacting based on fear, she is attached to Finn and Kylo inflicting pain on him meant she wanted revenge - for Han, too. That seems really un-Jedilike to me. There's a danger of her having had the force awakened without someone like Luke there to protect her, and if she's learning by following Kylo's example...that doesn't bode well for her staying in the light. They're both afraid and lonely, and Yoda says clearly that's the path to the dark side.

JJ and Kasdan have supposedly redefined how the dark and the light sides of the force play off one another. It used to be that the darkness was an abomination of the force's true nature, but now we are meant to consider both as necessary components and that balance is key. I'm really hoping this means we see both Kylo and Rey using the light and the dark, figuring out what works for them as individuals and how that results in them developing as characters, too.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:21 am

There's also the fact that Anakin used the lightsaber when he became Vader so I'm not sure that him calling to Rey is a sign she's worthy if the lightsaber or she's meant to be his carrier until Ben Solo is ready to reclaim it.I actually like the idea that there's something more sinister to the lightsaber calling to Rey.Lets not forget that in addition to Vader killing many people with it Rey also slashed Kylo's face with it and would have murdered him so one more body added to the lightsaber's count.
I think there has to be a reason why they choose to bring back this particular lightsaber when Luke lost it on Baspin and Anakin lost his lightsaber's left and right.If you go by the OT then yeah Rey getting the Skywalker lightsaber could be viewed as a heroic moment but if you also take the PT into account then it becomes much more ambitious.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:21 am

BastilaBey wrote:

That is a new angle to look at it through.  I've read a theory that when the saber called to Rey it wasn't the Force that was calling her, to it, but the Dark Side? There could be something to it?
@Darth Dementor

It's hard to tell, because if we're going by how the Jedi masters of the previous trilogies talked, it does seem like Rey could have been using the dark side. She was reacting based on fear, she is attached to Finn and Kylo inflicting pain on him meant she wanted revenge - for Han, too. That seems really un-Jedilike to me. There's a danger of her having had the force awakened without someone like Luke there to protect her, and if she's learning by following Kylo's example...that doesn't bode well for her staying in the light. They're both afraid and lonely, and Yoda says clearly that's the path to the dark side.

JJ and Kasdan have supposedly redefined how the dark and the light sides of the force play off one another. It used to be that the darkness was an abomination of the force's true nature, but now we are meant to consider both as necessary components and that balance is key. I'm really hoping this means we see both Kylo and Rey using the light and the dark, figuring out what works for them as individuals and how that results in them developing as characters, too.

The saber has a dark history:  It was used to kill children; The Battle of Mustafar; and Luke found out Vader is his dad, then lost his hand while using the saber.

In all the past events, of the vision,  the light lost with the dark prevailing;  the Bespin brawl, Jedi Academy Massacre, and Rey's abandonment on Jakku.  The ending part foretelling the snow battle, Rey may have dipped into the dark side to beat Kylo; meaning the dark side triumph in that instance.  

It wouldn't be surprising if it has a connection to darkness, which may already lurk in Rey?

Last edited by Darth Dementor on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:22 am

I'm starting to view the Lightsaber as an object of Evil actually from what you guys are saying.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 14 Apr 2016, 12:54 am

AnneNeville wrote:Just dropping a note to say that Adam Driver was apparently in Washington DC today (?) performing for the Bob Woodruff Foundation's Spring Reception. It was for their Stand4Heroes program to support injured veterans.

This performance, and not MTV awards. Good choice, I think.

https://twitter.com/Stand4Heroes
@AnneNeville

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image36

Marine and Jedi?  Razz
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Apr 2016, 1:13 am

Xylo Ren wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 94400910

Can someone please tell me what part this happens at? Is this while Finn is cradling an unconscious Rey? Because I can't deal with his expression if it is. Sad
@Xylo Ren

That is such a beautiful shot. OMG! It really does break your heart. If they actually showed this close-up in the movie, there would be absolutely no confusion whatsoever about Kylo's redeemability or his feelings for Rey.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Apr 2016, 1:37 am

Darth Dementor wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:

That is a new angle to look at it through.  I've read a theory that when the saber called to Rey it wasn't the Force that was calling her, to it, but the Dark Side? There could be something to it?
@Darth Dementor

The saber has a dark history:  It was used to kill children; The Battle of Mustafar; and Luke found out Vader is his dad, then lost his hand while using the saber.

In all the past events, of the vision,  the light lost with the dark prevailing;  the Bespin brawl, Jedi Academy Massacre, and Rey's abandonment on Jakku.  The ending part foretelling the snow battle, Rey may have dipped into the dark side to beat Kylo; meaning the dark side triumph in that instance.  

It wouldn't be surprising if it has a connection to darkness, which may already lurk in Rey?
@Darth Dementor

Actually if they are going to make the saber tainted, Vader practically did Luke a favor by cutting off his hand, since that removed that piece of darkness from him.

Also, if Kylo was given that saber at some point ... it could have affected him as well.  It might have even been the "straw that broke the camel's back" in his turn to the dark side? Didn't @panki talk about some dark side force thing that is currently canon ("decu mechru" or something like that) where the darkness infects a metal object and then actually causes the darkness to seep into the user.  I think there was even some theorizing that is why Luke has a new hand now.

At the same time, when Rey touches the saber, she gets signals from the Light (Obi-Wan and Yoda) and from the Dark (there is something of the Emperor in there, isn't there?  Then there's the Bespin imagery).  Maybe the light and the dark are warring over the saber.  I know that initially the script was supposed to make the saber a big deal.  I wonder if there is still something of that left in the filmed script, like it's some Lost Ark of the Covenant object that both sides are fighting over, because if one side gets it they will be invincible (just taking some Kasdan dialogue from Raiders of the Lost Ark :-)).

But maybe the answer is the saber is supposed to be grey? Supposed to be the mixing of light and dark ... and Rey was closer to that when she caught it as opposed to "just killed his father" Kylo?

I'm just speculating here ... but the sword is fun to think about ... especially since it was originally supposed to be so important.  I mean wasn't the first scene of the movie supposed to be the saber falling through space until it fell into someone's hand? I thought they cut that because that scene might seem cheesy, but may they didn't cut the concept entirely?  Maybe they have saved it for Episode VIII?

Edit: Also regarding the Kylo Ren at Disney World quote. Where did that come from? Is that a report from some visitor to Disney World or is that something that is actually on the website? Because honestly, that quote coming from him is *huge*!!!! Who else could he be talking about except Rey? And then with DR saying "I don't think I'm a Jedi" and then that blue-black hair rinse, who knows what's going on? Laughing

I'm actually pretty excited by a seriously dark side tempted Rey. I don't think she would ever completely fall over, but it would be awesome if she got really close and Kylo was the one who stopped her.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:10 am

Wow!  Great theories, everyone, about the lightsaber.  It never even occurred to me that it might be "evil" but that seems like a definite possibility.  I wonder if that's why Luke has that look on his face when Rey offers it to him.  He does not look happy.  Maybe it's because of the saber.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:43 am

Wait, what if when Kylo touch the saber first, not only he had vision of Rey but also being tricked by the lingering DarkSide within the saber that take shape as Darth Vader or the helmet, and it's open a way for Snoke to get him? And the Darkness that Rey feel is what left of it?!

And Luke exile was because he's blaming himself for indirectly push his nephew to the DarkSide by unknowingly exposing Ben to the Darkness itself and Luke tried to get rid of the saber but Maz later retrieve it
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:51 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:Wait, what if when Kylo touch the saber first, not only he had vision of Rey but also being tricked by the lingering DarkSide within the saber that take shape as Darth Vader or the helmet, and it's open a way for Snoke to get him? And the Darkness that Rey feel is what left of it?!

And Luke exile was because he's blaming himself for indirectly push his nephew to the DarkSide by unknowingly exposing Ben to the Darkness itself and Luke tried to get rid of the saber but Maz later retrieve it
@Sylvia Snow

Maybe that's why, Han looks kind of disgusted or worried, when she shows it to him.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Apr 2016, 2:57 am

EchoBase wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:Wait, what if when Kylo touch the saber first, not only he had vision of Rey but also being tricked by the lingering DarkSide within the saber that take shape as Darth Vader or the helmet, and it's open a way for Snoke to get him? And the Darkness that Rey feel is what left of it?!

@Sylvia Snow

Maybe that's why, Han looks kind of disgusted or worried, when she shows it to him.
@EchoBase

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Han110
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Han210

His eyes follow the saber in disgust and high worry in this scene.

Sorry my pics are not high quality Sad
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:01 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
And then with DR saying "I don't think I'm a Jedi" and then that blue-black hair rinse, who knows what's going on? Laughing
@SoloSideCousin

What blue-black hair rinse?  Did she color her hair?
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:03 am

Little_Boots wrote:
EchoBase wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@EchoBase

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Han110
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Han210

@Little_Boots
Luke and Have have the same reaction when they both saw the saber for the first time
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image22
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image23

And this is Luke at the end, he's looking like regrets or remember somethings bad happened in the past
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image24
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:04 am

Little_Boots wrote:
EchoBase wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@EchoBase

@Little_Boots

This is exactly what I meant.
Besides, according to the shooting schedule, Finn is drawn towards the saber (look at his face) and Rey repelled by it.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:07 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
EchoBase wrote:

@Sylvia Snow

@EchoBase

@Little_Boots
Luke and Have have the same reaction when they both saw the saber for the first time
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image22
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image23

And this is Luke at the end, he's looking like regrets or remember somethings bad happened in the past
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 20 Image24
@Sylvia Snow

I think that their looks are very telling: It is becoming more and more clear that this saber was in Ben s hand once. At least I think so.
And concerning what happened it is more than normal that both Han and Luke shares almost the same look.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:14 am

CienaRee wrote:Someone on tumblr mentioned (while talking about Obi Wan warning Rey in the vision about her being tempted and not being able to control it)that there's a quote from Disney World that Kylo says .I don't know if anyone's seen it so I decided to post it :

@CienaRee
Not only a seduction to the dark side but it makes sense for her to also start showing more attraction to him because the seduction is a 2 sided thing for him as well. Seduced by the light and seduced by her as a person
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:19 am

Little_Boots wrote:I'm starting to view the Lightsaber as an object of Evil actually from what you guys are saying.
@Little_Boots

Might be why it flew to her and not to ren, because the evil is draining out of him but seems to be gathering in her

Kyla Ren wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
And then with DR saying "I don't think I'm a Jedi" and then that blue-black hair rinse, who knows what's going on? Laughing
@SoloSideCousin

What blue-black hair rinse?  Did she color her hair?
@Kyla Ren

Oh man if they are like yin and yang and they absorb one another maybe she's starting to resemble him more, yin and yang become each other

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:20 am

Gemini wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:I'm starting to view the Lightsaber as an object of Evil actually from what you guys are saying.
@Little_Boots

Might be why it flew to her and not to ren, because the evil is draining out of him but seems to be gathering in her
@Gemini

Could it be that the hero of this series is Kylo and the villain is Rey?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:24 am

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

That's what ohtze said when she read JJs comnents, he never said that the dark side awoke in ren he just said villain. I think it's going to lean heavily on the dark side but then it's going to balance out and she won't go full dark and neither will he
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:28 am

Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

Now that would be a twist. The journey of a hero and a villain, but who's the villain and who's the hero. DR recently said that she doesn't think she's a Jedi. Very intriguing.

I love love love the idea. But I fear Disney won't go that far...let the heroine fall.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Apr 2016, 3:29 am

EchoBase wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:
Gemini wrote:
@Little_Boots

@Gemini

@Little_Boots

Now that would be a twist. The journey of a hero and a villain, but who's the villain and who's the hero. DR recently said that she doesn't think she's a Jedi. Very intriguing.

I love love love the idea. But I fear Disney won't go that far...let the heroine fall.
@EchoBase

But she will rise!! RISE above all evil once again Smile
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next