Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

+46
Jozie
Jakku
Darth Rowan
Rei of Sunshine
Marchtwin
Maria26
Helix
RKR Connection
Xylo Ren
Armadeus
Queen Rey
ReyofLightSide
Search Your Feelings
EchoBase
MissG
ISeeAnIsland
Gemini
Kyla Ren
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
Mana
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
rey09
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
BastilaBey
SanghaRen
Force22
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Moonjump05
MoonFyre
Little_Boots
SoloSideCousin
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
panki
IoJovi
Reylo Lemon
Reynak
Rogue Rey
AnneNeville
vaderito
50 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:48 am

Xylo Ren wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:

The music around 0:33 when Belle discover the painting is kind of similar to Rey Theme Laughing
@Sylvia Snow

tagging @rey09 in this too to answer your question:

FIRST OF ALL, THEY ARE IN THE SAME EXACT KEY
Both motifs start on a concert E. FASCINATING, WILLIAMS.
Both motifs START and END with the same three notes...

Notes for theme at 0:33 (where Belle discovers the beast's true form)
E-D-E-F-D-B-E

Notes for Rey's theme at 0:13 (celeste/bell sounding motif)
E-D-E-C-D-B-E

JUST A HUMBLE OBSERVATION

now I haven't seen B&B in forever...does this theme play anywhere else?? Is it Belle's theme throughout or just in this scene??
@Xylo Ren

Isn't this the same comparison?
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:51 am

@Xylo Ren

The Theme is also play in the Opening as well as the scene where Beast transform back to a human
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:51 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

Yup! I had heard the similarities, but I never took the time to figure out the notes. I'm trying to post a vid of me playing them just now. They're almost identical in rhythm and notes.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sun 17 Apr 2016, 11:58 am

Xylo Ren wrote:@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Ok you convinced me. We need to make a thread for the adventures of Kylo and Rey action figures.

I have the 3.75 unmasked, masked, resistance Rey, and Jakku Rey. Then I have kylo and rey itty bitties.

Oops I've said too much silent silent I like these characters a normal amount
@Xylo Ren

Great idea!
Let's do it!

Smile
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

Here's a video of Belle motif & Rey's motif. I apologize for the quality, I don't have a piano at home but I can record it again on the piano at school tomorrow.

Basically all of the notes are the same and in the same order except for the middle note. Belle's goes up to an F, Rey's goes down to a C.

E-D-E-F-D-B-E

E-D-E-C-D-B-E
Same three notes to start, different middle note, same last three notes at the end.

The rhythm is also extremely similar, sounds like almost straight quarter notes for each (Rey's has a dotted quarter in the middle though)

Anyway here it is:

https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t42.1790-2/13049641_270869226582645_205886021_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&rl=300&vabr=107&oh=fe5c0068b1e09df1fbb7c0eb24228878&oe=5713EFD5
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:05 pm

@Xylo Ren
Awesome Claps Thumbs up Claps

Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:08 pm

vaderito wrote:This must happen in Rey's presence:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 40 Tumblr_o5krivfazn1rtjw7wo1_540
@vaderito

Wow....
Nice artwork there, and a interesting interperatation of his wounds.
Also interesting that the artist chose to keep his costume collar on.....perhaps to insure we connect to image to Kylo Ren and not Adam I am guessing.

Thanks for sharing this!
Smile
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:09 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Here's a video of Belle motif & Rey's motif. I apologize for the quality, I don't have a piano at home but I can record it again on the piano at school tomorrow.

Basically all of the notes are the same and in the same order except for the middle note. Belle's goes up to an F, Rey's goes down to a C.

E-D-E-F-D-B-E

E-D-E-C-D-B-E
Same three notes to start, different middle note, same last three notes at the end.

The rhythm is also extremely similar, sounds like almost straight quarter notes for each (Rey's has a dotted quarter in the middle though)

Anyway here it is:

https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t42.1790-2/13049641_270869226582645_205886021_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&rl=300&vabr=107&oh=fe5c0068b1e09df1fbb7c0eb24228878&oe=5713EFD5
@Xylo Ren
WOW. I knew they sounded really similar, but there is absolutely no way in hell that wasn't intentional. They're the same minus one note. Just unbelievable. Confirms the rose too 100%. Music doesn't lie.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:11 pm

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:
vaderito wrote:This must happen in Rey's presence:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 40 Tumblr_o5krivfazn1rtjw7wo1_540
@vaderito

Wow....
Nice artwork there, and a interesting interperatation of his wounds.
Also interesting that the artist chose to keep his costume collar on.....perhaps to insure we connect to image to Kylo Ren and not Adam I am guessing.

Thanks for sharing this!
Smile
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

Imagine Rey touching his scars *omfg* *inappropriate use of thoughts incoming* *sweats nervously* *heavily breathing*
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Ren's 8-Pack Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:17 pm

-

For some time I have imagined that one way Rey can visually show on screen that she has finally accepted Kylo is to touch his cheek, which she scarred.
Not only would it be a tender moment that Ben would likely be moved by, it would also harken back to Han's forgiving touch on the same spot before falling to his death.

It would have beautiful symbolism.
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:18 pm

@Sylvia Snow
Very Happy Razz Razz
@FrolickingFizzgig

Absolutely. I was shocked when I played the first note of Belles/Rey's and they were both identical. An E. Same octave too. Then when I wrote the notes down I was shocked anew when I saw that they are in the same order, same beginning and ending, almost same rhythm. It is too much. There is nothing extraordinary in the assumption that JJ or others told Williams they wanted some hint of B&B here. I'm working on a meta and reference a lot of interviews where the composer works extremely close with the director. Also, music is the last thing added to the entire movie. After all editing is said and done, they add the music. Then they put it into the theatre. It's just amazing.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:23 pm

Wow oh wow oh wow! I haven't studied music since high school which was over 20 years ago - you guys make me wish I had kept up on it.

That is truly amazing!!!!

Last night over dinner, I tried to explain to my husband about the parallels of Reylo to BatB. Although respectful, he thought we were reaching. He wanted to know who Gaston is in all of this.

I told him that the story is inspired by it. It's not going to be identical!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:28 pm

IoJovi wrote:Wow oh wow oh wow!  I haven't studied music since high school which was over 20 years ago - you guys make me wish I had kept up on it.

That is truly amazing!!!!

Last night over dinner, I tried to explain to my husband about the parallels of Reylo to BatB.  Although respectful, he thought we were reaching.  He wanted to know who Gaston is in all of this.

I told him that the story is inspired by it.  It's not going to be identical!

@IoJovi

Gaston is Luke.

He's Mr. Steal-Yo-Girl to Kylo. Plus he probably only eats raw eggs since he doesn't have a stove on the isle.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 40 1393465231381

Last edited by Xylo Ren on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Apr 2016, 12:29 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:@Sylvia Snow
Very Happy Razz Razz
@FrolickingFizzgig

Absolutely. I was shocked when I played the first note of Belles/Rey's and they were both identical. An E. Same octave too. Then when I wrote the notes down I was shocked anew when I saw that they are in the same order, same beginning and ending, almost same rhythm. It is too much. There is nothing extraordinary in the assumption that JJ or others told Williams they wanted some hint of B&B here. I'm working on a meta and reference a lot of interviews where the composer works extremely close with the director. Also, music is the last thing added to the entire movie. After all editing is said and done, they add the music. Then they put it into the theatre. It's just amazing.
@Xylo Ren
In case you don't already know about him, Bear McCreary (The walking dead, Battlestar Galactica, Da Vinci's demons...) is one of composers who work side by side with writers, you can use him as an example as well, plus, he always puts a lot of symbolism in his works and connects it to the story Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Apr 2016, 1:16 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:So according to Reywalkers the fact that this narrative will likely include themes of Rey's seduction by Kylo's darkness/Kylo's seduction by Rey's light is further proof that they're related. You read that right. Physical, mental and Force-related seduction only makes sense if they're cousins. Seduction is a familial thing.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 40 Cool-cringe-gif-963
@FrolickingFizzgig

So it makes sense to them for seduction to happen only between cousins, yet they accuse us of supporting incest?
@WhatGirl
Also by acknowledging Yin and Yang symbolism they're quite literally and unintentionally walking right into Reylo. Yin and Yang is the philosophy of harmonious male/female energy that also serves as a sexual metaphor in Eastern religions.

"The concept of Yin and yang is important in Taoism, and consequently also holds special importance in sex. Yang usually referred to the male sex, whereas Yin could refer to the female sex. Man and Woman were the equivalent of heaven and earth, but became disconnected. Therefore, while heaven and earth are eternal, man and woman suffer a premature death. Every interaction between Yin and Yang had significance." - Yin and Yang in Taoism

Yeah, but it's cousinly. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 17 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 17 Apr 2016, 1:17 pm

Kylo Ren's 8-Pack wrote:-

For some time I have imagined that one way Rey can visually show on screen that she has finally accepted Kylo is to touch his cheek, which she scarred.
Not only would it be a tender moment that Ben would likely be moved by, it would also harken back to Han's forgiving touch on the same spot before falling to his death.

It would have beautiful symbolism.
@Kylo Ren's 8-Pack

That is to brilliant a moment not to happen.

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=161
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40