Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

+46
motherofpearl1
Slade
Birdwoman
Darth Rowan
Socialnole
salmund
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
Blackcanary
AnnLouise
MeadowofAshes
Xylo Ren
RKR Connection
Saracene
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
AnneNeville
EchoBase
ZenBrainJam
Search Your Feelings
panki
Rimfaxe96
Force22
BlackIsTheColor
Reynak
guardienne
MissG
Sforza
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Sylvia Snow
SanghaRen
Mana
IoJovi
MyOnlyHope
CienaRee
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
ISeeAnIsland
BastilaBey
Kessel
vaderito
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
50 posters

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 31 Empty Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by IoJovi Mon 19 Sep 2016, 7:48 pm

It's not in your head. It was always six years in the marketing leading up to the book's release.

I'm as confused as you!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 31 Empty Re: Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 19 Sep 2016, 7:51 pm

@BastilaBey
I think Pablo or the advertisement made an error (Pablo in this case IMO, because I've seen it said everywhere else that Bloodline is 6 years before TFA). He's made mistakes before, forgotten things, misread Tweets, etc. He's only human, and I certainly don't take it as a sign that the timeline changed. Such a random change that impacts nothing would be pretty odd. Pablo has a ton of SW information stored in his head at all times. He's bound to make mistakes. It's nothing new.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 19 Sep 2016, 7:58 pm

@frolickingfizzgig Right, I doubt there's anything intentionally misleading going on here, just something I noticed. It's been months since I read it, so can't remember if it's clear from the story how much time passes in Bloodline. If it's about a year, that would make more sense, but I honestly have no clue.

Btw, this visual history is absolutely stunning and comes with two TFA concept art prints, one of which is Rey and Kylo fighting in the forest.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:02 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig Right, I doubt there's anything intentionally misleading going on here, just something I noticed. It's been months since I read it, so can't remember if it's clear from the story how much time passes in Bloodline. If it's about a year, that would make more sense, but I honestly have no clue.

Btw, this visual history is absolutely stunning and comes with two TFA concept art prints, one of which is Rey and Kylo fighting in the forest.
@BastilaBey
If Bloodline takes place over the course of a year Pablo would actually be considered right. No mistake. He had yet to fall (as far as the audience was made privy to) by five years before TFA, one year after the beginning of Bloodline. That doesn't mean he didn't though. We don't know what happened in that year (or before it). Leia and Han had been out of contact with Luke and Ben for a while.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:03 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig Right, I doubt there's anything intentionally misleading going on here, just something I noticed. It's been months since I read it, so can't remember if it's clear from the story how much time passes in Bloodline. If it's about a year, that would make more sense, but I honestly have no clue.

@BastilaBey

I haven't heard of this one. Can it be picked up at say, Barnes and Noble?
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:06 pm

@iojovi Yep, that's where I got it. It comes in a cool case with Kylo on one side and Vader on the other

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/w/star-wars-year-by-year-daniel-wallace/1123605515

@frolickingfizzgig Yeah, it sounds like the 6 at the beginning, 5 by the end is probably right. It might just be an error in this book.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:13 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@iojovi Yep, that's where I got it. It comes in a cool case with Kylo on one side and Vader on the other

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/mobile/w/star-wars-year-by-year-daniel-wallace/1123605515

@frolickingfizzgig Yeah, it sounds like the 6 at the beginning, 5 by the end is probably right. It might just be an error in this book.
@BastilaBey

Thank you so much, I know where I'm going tomorrow during my lunch hour!!! bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 20 Sep 2016, 3:55 pm

Bloodlines has made me very interested in finding out what really went down between Luke and Ben.  What happened in the Skywalker/Solo family that caused Han and Leia to split (besides Ben turning into Kylo), How they knew that he was still alive and went to the first order and how Snoke played in their family drama.  I have a feeling that he was a friend or associate of Leia and Luke.  I am almost more excited to hear this part of the story than the Reylo stuff.  Which, I know Rey plays a part in the dynamic that will hopefully make Kylo realize the mistakes he has made so he can become who he was supposed to be instead of some miserable, horrible villain.  He is so bad at being a villain.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:28 am

Here is some funny news for those who ship Greer and Ranslom Casterfo..... there is a rumor that the inspiration for Ranslom (Tom Hiddleston) and the inspiration for Greer (Priyanka Chopra) have recently started dating....I wonder if fiction will imitate life.... Wink

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 31 10897nd-xlarge_trans++bm4W6Yh3Fe49CdSD_GyF-CyU2S6pEzH4WcSIrscPEVQ

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:41 am

Tom's a favourite of mine,I'd love to see him in a Star Wars film!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 02 Oct 2016, 11:54 am

I still can't believe that Greesolm didn't materialize! There was something, you could feel it, and than it was dropped. Even though it was repeated so many times that Seastriker was too young, so romance wasn't going in his. I'll ship Greesolm anyway and yes Tomyanka are gorgeous together.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:23 pm

Hiddles is pretty but I've been underwhelmed by his big roles in Crimson Peak & the Night Manager. He's the eye candy while Jessica Chastain & Olivia Coleman do the heavy lifting
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 02 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

He's great as Loki in the Thor and Avengers movies.

Actually he's the best thing in the Thor movies.

My favourite part he had is in the vampire flick Only Lovers Left Alive.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 04 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:He's great as Loki in the Thor and Avengers movies.

Actually he's the best thing in the Thor movies.

My favourite part he had is in the vampire flick Only Lovers Left Alive.
@motherofpearl1

I haven't seen the Jarmusch movie yet, but otherwise I'd say he's a good middleweight (if I can use a boxing metaphor) but definitely not a heavy weight. The whole thing about The Night Manager was how his character was in over his head, whereas Olivia Coleman's character (and just comparing the two actors), was more the Le Carre character, like Smiley. Far more impressed with her than him.

Maybe other example I can think of is compare him with somebody like Idris Elba*, who Poe was supposedly written for. He can shift back and forth between light weight comedy, drama, and genre far more easily and with more skill than I've seen anything with Hiddleston (I may have Elba on the mind because I just saw the Guillermo del Toro exhibit in Los Angeles, where one of the sections shows his first appearance in the Jaegar suit and meeting Mako Mori as she's a child fleeing the scene of a disaster.

* Just imagine the potential future scenario if it'd been Elba playing Poe. He's go all John Luther on the FO.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

I didn't know Idris was first choice for Poe!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:29 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I didn't know Idris was first choice for Poe!
@motherofpearl1

That's the rumor! I <3 Idris. Like I was in a yoga class a couple months where they played the Massive Attack song from Luther during one of the poses and I had a hard time not cracking up at the mental image of no-chill DCI John Luther teaching the class. If he had ended up as Poe, he'd have wiped up the floor with the FO.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 04 Oct 2016, 6:52 pm

snufkin wrote:
@motherofpearl1

That's the rumor! I <3 Idris. Like I was in a yoga class a couple months where they played the Massive Attack song from Luther during one of the poses and I had a hard time not cracking up at the mental image of no-chill DCI John Luther teaching the class. If he had ended up as Poe, he'd have wiped up the floor with the FO.
@snufkin

I hadn't heard that rumor, either! I've been a big fan of his ever since binge-watching The Wire 5 or 6 years ago, when that was the thing to do.

I guess the takeaway from this is that they had always planned to cast a hot guy in the role of Poe?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:36 pm

@motherofpearl1

Yeah some of the early TFA concept art had Poe as a black man and 'Sam' as white...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 04 Oct 2016, 7:39 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@snufkin

I hadn't heard that rumor, either! I've been a big fan of his ever since binge-watching The Wire 5 or 6 years ago, when that was the thing to do.

I guess the takeaway from this is that they had always planned to cast a hot guy in the role of Poe?

@ISeeAnIsland

I could swear that the rumor was that both he and Michael Fassbender were courted for (and turned down) Poe. Either one would've been a force (har har) to be reckoned with as that character. I've seen Elba in the Wire and the US version of the Office, but it's really Luther (or if you use his accent Loofer) that I love the most. Elba as Poe would've quite easily wiped up the floor with the FO and made KR look like an actual emo teenager in comparison. He did do a Star Trek movie and is the hero of the Dark Tower adaption, so we'll have to content ourselves with that.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 04 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm

snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@snufkin

@ISeeAnIsland

I could swear that the rumor was that both he and Michael Fassbender were courted for (and turned down) Poe. Either one would've been a force (har har) to be reckoned with as that character. I've seen Elba in the Wire and the US version of the Office, but it's really Luther (or if you use his accent Loofer) that I love the most. Elba as Poe would've quite easily wiped up the floor with the FO and made KR look like an actual emo teenager in comparison. He did do a Star Trek movie and is the hero of the Dark Tower adaption, so we'll have to content ourselves with that.

@snufkin

I remember the Fassbender rumor, and I recall the Poe concept art with him as a black man, but I hadn't put 2-and-2 together that they'd targeted Elba for the Poe role.

He's been doing voicework for Disney and Pixar lately, too! LOVE his voice.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 04 Oct 2016, 11:07 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin

I remember the Fassbender rumor, and I recall the Poe concept art with him as a black man, but I hadn't put 2-and-2 together that they'd targeted Elba for the Poe role.

He's been doing voicework for Disney and Pixar lately, too! LOVE his voice.

@ISeeAnIsland

He has a very dry/deadpan sense of humor, the only reason I ever bothered watching the US version of The Office

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 31 Tumblr_nphcbuSXdb1qe8lb8o1_500

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:03 pm

Probably U.S. only, but Penguin is doing a drawing for a pack with Carrie Fisher's Princess Diarist and Claudia Grey's Bloodline. It's a Leia two-fer and kind of a nice pairing given our speculation about how part of the ST is "making things right" for her:

May the Books Be WIth You: Enter to win a copy of Carrie Fisher's new memoir The Princess Diarist, and Claudia Gray's novel Bloodline.

Sweepstakes runs 22 November through 6 December.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 10 Dec 2016, 4:25 pm

snufkin wrote:Hiddles is pretty but I've been underwhelmed by his big roles in Crimson Peak & the Night Manager. He's the eye candy while Jessica Chastain & Olivia Coleman do the heavy lifting

So nice to find somebody who agrees with me on Hiddles being pretty and charming, but so very much a lightweight (Olivia Coleman was the bad a** in the Night Manager and did it while pregnant)

Tom Hiddleston and the hollow charm thwarting the promise of a great actor

Uh, to keep on topic, Chuck Wendig has tipped his hat to saying that Claudia Grey is writing the best SW related novels currently out. Here's hoping she does the novel tie-in for VIII, especially having worked with RJ to ensure some of it is consistent with the story/script he wrote.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:06 am

I'm just getting around to reading the Chuck Wendig Aftermath series, although I've kept up with the spoilers, and I noticed something in the copy of the book I'm reading. On the back pages is a synopsis and brief extract from (the upcoming - as it is was then) Bloodline by Claudia Gray. I glanced over it and one thing leapt out at me, after all the discussions about Ben's surname and whether Leia used her married name, in this synopsis she's referred to as Senator Leia Organa Solo. She doesn't appear under that title in my Kindle edition of Bloodline, only Senator Leia Organa. I wonder why they decided not to go with the double-barrelled name and if they were seriously considering Ben Organa Solo before choosing the more straightforward Ben Solo.

Discussion: Bloodline Novel by Claudia Gray - Page 31 Img_2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:34 am

This makes me wonder if Ben was more like his father than his mother or uncle. He apparently had no interest in things such as titles, and it did not seem to have been his choice to go and train with his uncle. Maybe he had wished all along to be an ordinary man just like his father (and Han expressed this wish as well in the novelization) but couldn't because Snoke was poisoning his mind and perhaps he was having trouble controlling his emotions and powers due to that. It might also account for how disappointed he feels in his father, if he'd wanted to learn racing as a possible career but Han was too busy or just never took the time to show him the ropes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32  Next