Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

+47
Gemini
Little_Boots
Birdwoman
Reylo Lemon
Rimfaxe96
AnneNeville
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
vaderito
Kessel
BastilaBey
BenRey
teltaru
MissG
CienaRee
Blackcanary
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
EchoBase
panki
Mana
Darth Dementor
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Irina de France
ladyconsular
Saracene
AnnLouise
Kyla Ren
MoonlitMoss
Lily Snape
Moonjump05
Search Your Feelings
Lily
nonesuch
Forsythia
SanghaRen
Kylo Ren
ReyofLightSide
MeadowofAshes
Socialnole
IoJovi
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
Force22
51 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:37 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@frolickingfizzgig

I feel like the Emperor sums up our forum pretty well

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Giphy
@BastilaBey

Its also how all the Antis see us evil Rey/Ren supporters..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 18 May 2016, 4:40 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito Reywalkers? Surely they don't exist anymore? Good lord. She finds her long lost father and the first thing he does is ask her to kill off her cousin? Yeah. Right.

@BastilaBey
I bet they're crying because Luke is urging Rey that she has to kill Kylo. *cue mopey Reywalker voice* "They're destroying Luke's character! This makes no sense! He's just an angry, murderous, virgin hobo with no wife and no daughter and nothing to live for! They should just kill him off, put him out of his misery."
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 18 May 2016, 4:40 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito Reywalkers? Surely they don't exist anymore? Good lord. She finds her long lost father and the first thing he does is ask her to kill off her cousin? Yeah. Right.

@BastilaBey

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 A-bbm-012-1
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:41 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@BastilaBey
I bet they're crying because Luke is urging Rey that she has to kill Kylo. *cue mopey Reywalker voice* "They're destroying Luke's character! This makes no sense! He's just an angry, murderous, virgin hobo with no wife and no daughter and nothing to live for! They should just kill him off, put him out of his misery."
@FrolickingFizzgig

Aren't they crying cause KoR in the rain totally isn't Jedi School massacre just like "liar" Pablo said back in December, January? The pillar of Reywalker theory now completely crushed.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 May 2016, 4:42 pm

I do believe most of it is legit.
But without any context and dialogue.
I doubt that Rey and Kylo don t talk while they duel. (I do not expect Vader-like monologues though)

On Luke:
I would say that insisting to kill his sister s son looks like completely out of character at first glance.
But I think that point of the whole story is that he wants that Rey does the deed. (that s how I understood it) - which is completely in sync with Yoda & Obi OT philosophy.
Furthermore, if Kylo is the lost case in his eyes - why Luke does not try to kill him himself?
Is it some kind of temptation coming from Luke towards Rey as his padawan.

I would suggest to everyone keep calm and carry on Smile

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 18 May 2016, 4:42 pm

This rumor brought all sorts of random thoughts to my mind......first, I thought of Gandalf's escape from Isengard on that eagle...

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 G1rbYE

But then I remembered a scene from SW Rebels where the Inquisitors are pursuing Ezra and Kanan and there is a storm in the background in the Shroud of Darkness episode....with the intention of killing Kanan and either killing or turning Ezra to the dark side.....during the fight, Ezra connects with/controls a flying creature and both Kanan and he jump off a cliff onto that creature and escape.

If this fight scene turns out to be true, here is how it plays out in my head-

I feel it will happen early on in the movie....maybe Luke decides to train Rey with the intention of getting her to kill Kylo (the way he was asked to kill Vader by Obi-wan and Yoda....maybe it is a test, maybe not...I think he is so bitter that he lost everything that he has forgotten the idealist he used to be).....and finally Kylo arrives with his posse on a stormy night, determined to capture Rey and turn her to the dark side......Rey can't bring herself to kill Kylo.....finally Rey falls off the cliff and lands on either an animal or the top of the MF (or maybe she develops a new force ability like levitating during the fall)...Luke goes crazy thinking her dead and almost decimates the KOR so they scatter and survivors escape to tell Snoke what happened.....Kylo also flees.....Luke catches up with him and is about to kill him but Rey reaches just in time to stop him....then Kylo is stuck with them on the island as their prisoner....and then we find out what really happened during the infamous destruction of Luke's new jedi order.....and Kylo and Rey begin to like one another....Luke is still suspicious of his nephew and blows up huts because he is so angry with him.

Snoke finds out he has lost Kylo.....goes crazy and almost completely destroys the resistance.....Leia is gravely wounded....and Luke, rey and Kylo leave the island to help the resistance (but we still don't know whether Kylo should be trusted or not)....finally Kylo does something that convinces the audience he is no longer part of the FO....but Rey will find out something shocking/terrible about her past...or she is captured by the FO....and we're left wondering in what state we will find her in episode 9....this would also give Kylo the opportunity to make his peace with Finn and Poe as they all will want to save Rey.

Last edited by panki on Wed 18 May 2016, 4:50 pm; edited 4 times in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 18 May 2016, 4:42 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@BastilaBey
@FrolickingFizzgig

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Loki-hiddleston-1-1423230080
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:43 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:I do believe most of it is legit.
I doubt that Rey and Kylo don t talk while they duel. (I do not expect Vader-like monologues though)

On Luke:
I would say that insisting to kill his sister s son looks like completely out of character at first glance.
But I think that point of the whole story is that he wants that Rey does the deed. (that s how I understood it) - which is completely in sync with Yoda & Obi OT philosophy.
Furthermore, if Kylo is the lost case in his eyes - why Luke does not try to kill him himself?

@Darth_Awakened

It's hard to calm down when it's OMG REY IN A WET SHIRT AND UNMASKED KYLO WITH WET HAIR OMG OMG OMG CAN'T BREATHE OMG FIGHTING IN A RAIN OMG scene!

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 18 May 2016, 4:46 pm

@vaderito Ah yes, I remember - wet-haired Kylo is your thing Wink

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Tumblr_o683nmoH9m1v2mzgvo2_500
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 18 May 2016, 4:46 pm

@Vaderito Imagine the undertones of a scene like that.....damn...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 18 May 2016, 4:47 pm

On Luke:

@Darth_Awakened

THANK YOU

Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 18 May 2016, 4:48 pm

vaderito wrote:

On Luke:

@Darth_Awakened

It's hard to calm down when it's OMG REY IN A WET SHIRT AND UNMASKED KYLO WITH WET HAIR OMG OMG OMG CAN'T BREATHE OMG FIGHTING IN A RAIN OMG scene!

@vaderito

Dangerous dreamboat, dangerous dreamboat,dangerous dreamboat Lolilol Lolilol Lolilol
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 May 2016, 4:48 pm

vaderito wrote:

On Luke:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

You know me very well - I am just trying to calm down guys distracted by killer!Luke.

I ll think tomorrow about wet Kylo and Rey f.f. . (dueling), because If I start to think about it tonight I would not sleep at all Very Happy
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 4:51 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito Ah yes, I remember - wet-haired Kylo is your thang Wink

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Tumblr_o683nmoH9m1v2mzgvo2_500
@BastilaBey

H-beating H-beating H-beating H-beating

They come up with such romantic places for those two it's beyond wildest dreams. Fight in the rain. It's like Notebook with Lightsabers.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Ryan-Gosling-The-Notebook2
It wasn't over,it still isn't over
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 18 May 2016, 4:51 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:

On Luke:

@Darth_Awakened

@vaderito

You know me very well - I am just trying to calm down guys distracted by killer!Luke.

I ll think tomorrow about wet Kylo and Rey f.f. . (dueling), because If I start to think about it tonight I would not sleep at all Very Happy
@Darth_Awakened

Welcome to my world. And I have to get up early for a boring workshop...help.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Mana Wed 18 May 2016, 4:59 pm

I'm more interested in what is it is that causes Rey to have a change of feeling by the next time she meets Kylo. Maybe its what she saw in his head? Maybe she learns something else?
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 5:01 pm

Force22 wrote:

They come up with such romantic places for those two it's beyond wildest dreams. Fight in the rain. It's like Notebook with Lightsabers.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 Ryan-Gosling-The-Notebook2
It wasn't over,it still isn't over
@vaderito

Fight in the rain by a cliffside overlooking the sea. Only the two of them. Just... imagine.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 2Q==

[/quote]
@Force22

I think they are Star Wars Notebook. It wasn't over, it still isn't over. hence why they always fight on the cliff! That motif repeats in VIII. We had it in VII

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 4 - Page 2 ReyRen2

in the snow and now the snow melted into rain. And we get another cliff fight. What is it with Reylo and cliffs? hey metaphor experts, aside obvious Notebook, what else is cliff fetish for?
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Wed 18 May 2016, 5:01 pm

Gemini wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Gemini wrote:Its so similar to the Spike Buffy dynamic. As the writer of Buffy said, its either going to end with them killing each other or f****ing each other,

even though Spike and Buffy fought there was attraction there, hatred turned to attraction and then love.

With Ren and Rey, the fighting has to stop at some point..its either going to be death or love which stops it.

what allows there to be love as an option? Its the attraction which is there.
@Gemini

Yeah, I remember in Season 6, where Spike finds out that he is able to kill her and he goes after her and you know how that ended  Twisted Evil

I see similarities as well Wink.
@EchoBase

Oh yes we all remember how that ended. He loved her, became her b**** and when he found out he could kill again he was going to kill her, she was going to kill him and it ended with them f****ing for the first time and bringing an entire building crashing down around them with an epic score.

Suspense is the best method of storytelling, making you think its going one way the BAM other direction... What a Face Its memorable, its epic and its unexpected, its fantastic and engaging storytelling not predictable like Finnrey or Reywalker....its a shock, its scary is he going to kill her? Of course he's not going to, he's going to break. Without Rey there would be no story. This is called a hook folks, nothing more nothing less, the audience is going to be HOOKED

Im happy with these spoilers because this is how I always envisioned it happening he goes there to kill her, but IMO he wont be able to do it.

We have been good with our predictions in the Ren Rey fandom..more and more of our logical theories are correct and all the headcanon like Reywalker and Finnrey have spectacularly been destroyed..we were right on many things.
@Gemini

If this rumours are true, Kylo and Rey are expected to kill each other, but not by their own choice but because their mentors order them to do it.
Rey has to kill Kylo but she doesn't want to, I guess it is the same with Kylo but it won't be so clear. I imagine Snoke has trained him harshly after the SKB fiasco, and he may be full of anger and feel humiliated because of her but deep down, he doesn't want to kill her.

He said in TFA that he had to do something (killing Han apparently) but he might not be strong enough to do it. Then the situation repeats itself in episode VIII if he has to kill Rey, and this is mirrored by Rey having to kill him against her will.

Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Wed 18 May 2016, 5:01 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:This part of the spoilers though:

"From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. "

10/10 Rian Johnson. 10/10.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Look, I fully respect your opinion but Rian has no right to kill Luke's character. That's not our Luke About to C
@Maria Antonietta
That was not Luke 30 years ago. Huge things happened involving his nephew. It was so bad that he exiled himself to a remote island for 6 years. There is a story here about Luke and his development as much as there is about Kylo. "Killing" Luke's character is a bit of a stretch. In order for there to be conflict and drama the happy ending had to be torn apart, and Kylo was the tool used to do that. The story has not been told, so don't get ahead of yourself.
@FrolickingFizzgig
I'm expecting Luke's developmental arc in this narrative to revolve around him regaining the altruism and optimism that he once defined himself by. Luke is lost. Whatever happened with his nephew completely broke him. Think about it. He fought to defeat the Empire and save his father from darkness. He devoted years of his life to rebuilding the Jedi order from nothing. And then what happened? The balance of the Force tipped and darkness rose up once again. He lost everything, felt responsible (we'll see why), and exiled himself at the site of the first Jedi temple.

Look at Luke on Ahch-To. He's conflicted, despairing, perhaps even angry. Luke needs Rey's help to redeem himself as much Kylo does. Bloodline made a point of emphasizing how much Luke loved his father (despite the whole Vader thing). He defended Vader to Leia. I think what happened with Ben made him rethink everything. He probably began questioning himself and thinking that maybe he was wrong. Luke is most likely going to be a very dark character in episode VIII. He's not the hopeful boy he once was. He needs Rey. All the Skywalkers do. That's why this is the story of the lowly scavenger who helps the most important family in the galaxy find its way.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 18 May 2016, 5:12 pm

Reynak wrote:
Gemini wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Gemini wrote:Its so similar to the Spike Buffy dynamic. As the writer of Buffy said, its either going to end with them killing each other or f****ing each other,

even though Spike and Buffy fought there was attraction there, hatred turned to attraction and then love.

With Ren and Rey, the fighting has to stop at some point..its either going to be death or love which stops it.

what allows there to be love as an option? Its the attraction which is there.
@Gemini

Yeah, I remember in Season 6, where Spike finds out that he is able to kill her and he goes after her and you know how that ended  Twisted Evil

I see similarities as well Wink.
@EchoBase

Oh yes we all remember how that ended. He loved her, became her b**** and when he found out he could kill again he was going to kill her, she was going to kill him and it ended with them f****ing for the first time and bringing an entire building crashing down around them with an epic score.

Suspense is the best method of storytelling, making you think its going one way the BAM other direction... What a Face Its memorable, its epic and its unexpected, its fantastic and engaging storytelling not predictable like Finnrey or Reywalker....its a shock, its scary is he going to kill her? Of course he's not going to, he's going to break. Without Rey there would be no story. This is called a hook folks, nothing more nothing less, the audience is going to be HOOKED

Im happy with these spoilers because this is how I always envisioned it happening he goes there to kill her, but IMO he wont be able to do it.

We have been good with our predictions in the Ren Rey fandom..more and more of our logical theories are correct and all the headcanon like Reywalker and Finnrey have spectacularly been destroyed..we were right on many things.
@Gemini

If this rumours are true, Kylo and Rey are expected to kill each other, but not by their own choice but because their mentors order them to do it.
Rey has to kill Kylo but she doesn't want to, I guess it is the same with Kylo but it won't be so clear. I imagine Snoke has trained him harshly after the SKB fiasco, and he may be full of anger and feel humiliated because of her but deep down, he doesn't want to kill her.

He said in TFA that he had to do something (killing Han apparently) but he might not be strong enough to do it. Then the situation repeats itself in episode VIII if he has to kill Rey, and this is mirrored by Rey having to kill him against her will.

@Reynak

I wonder if the rumors the MSW guys were talking about in that recent podcast has to do with the fact Rey doesn't want to kill Kylo?

The current MSW spolier from Jason says, "From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it." If he's heard this a few time, could this be what he was alluding to in that podcast about something he heard involving Rey and Kylo, but wonders "how they get there?"

It does seem strange that Luke apparently wants Rey to kill Kylo. I think you're right about Snoke wanting Kylo to kill Rey. It almost feels like whatever is going on is tied to Jedi lore or maybe a prophesy? Seems strange that the prophesy would want the light and dark to destroy each other though...so that's probably not quite it.

Last edited by Kessel89 on Wed 18 May 2016, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 18 May 2016, 5:12 pm

Vader didn't kill Luke when he could and Luke didn't kill Vader when he could. That Ben killed Han is, I think, incomprehensible to Luke, which is 100% understandable. So he drew the line.

There's a part in Bloodline that says that Luke always had "beatific" look on his face when he told Leia how Vader turned to the Light. I don't have specifics, maybe someone can take a snapshot of that part, but the point is that Luke attibutes almost saintly quality to what Vader did. So it's natural the the opposite is pure evil from his POV.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 18 May 2016, 5:14 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

"From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. "

@FrolickingFizzgig

Look, I fully respect your opinion but Rian has no right to kill Luke's character. That's not our Luke About to C
@Maria Antonietta
That was not Luke 30 years ago. Huge things happened involving his nephew. It was so bad that he exiled himself to a remote island for 6 years. There is a story here about Luke and his development as much as there is about Kylo. "Killing" Luke's character is a bit of a stretch. In order for there to be conflict and drama the happy ending had to be torn apart, and Kylo was the tool used to do that. The story has not been told, so don't get ahead of yourself.
@FrolickingFizzgig
I'm expecting Luke's developmental arc in this narrative to revolve around him regaining the altruism and optimism that he once defined himself by. Luke is lost. Whatever happened with his nephew completely broke him. Think about it. He fought to defeat the Empire and save his father from darkness. He devoted years of his life to rebuilding the Jedi order from nothing. And then what happened? The balance of the Force tipped and darkness rose up once again. He lost everything, felt responsible (we'll see why), and exiled himself at the site of the first Jedi temple.

Look at Luke on Ahch-To. He's conflicted, despairing, perhaps even angry. Luke needs Rey's help to redeem himself as much Kylo does. Bloodline made a point of emphasizing how much Luke loved his father (despite the whole Vader thing). He defended Vader to Leia. I think what happened with Ben made him rethink everything. He probably began questioning himself and thinking that maybe he was wrong. Luke is most likely going to be a very dark character in episode VIII. He's not the hopeful boy he once was. He needs Rey. All the Skywalkers do. That's why this is the story of the lowly scavenger who helps the most important family in the galaxy find its way.
@MyOnlyHope

Great post!

Though the ST is primarily about the new generation of characters, Luke's evolution is also important....going back to Yoda's trials during the Clone Wars...Yoda faces his inner darkness, temptation and sacrifice over three days to train to become a force ghost on his death.

I'm not saying Luke is going to die in the ST...but I feel that he, like Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin before him, has to go through all these three stages to evolve...also, if Kylo returns from the dark side and completes his training (he can remain a grey jedi), Luke can finally become a jedi master.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 18 May 2016, 5:16 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Maria Antonietta
@FrolickingFizzgig

@MyOnlyHope

Much of you said looks completely in sync with what we saw so far in TFA.
Luke definitely much darker than in OT and Rey a "new hope" for all of them.
But I just do not see they are going completely in the direction of deepening Luke s character. It would be again sort of falling into a trap of ST being the Luke s story.
It has been said for hundreds of times so far - that the new generation is in the focus of this story.
So I think (I could be wrong though) that all kill-not-kill Kylo is more important to Rey and Kylo character s development not Luke s.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 18 May 2016, 5:21 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Maria Antonietta
@FrolickingFizzgig

@MyOnlyHope

Much of you said looks completely in sync with what we saw so far in TFA.
Luke definitely much darker than in OT and Rey a "new hope" for all of them.
But I just do not see they are going completely in the direction of deepening Luke s character. It would be again sort of falling into a trap of ST being the Luke s story.
It has been said for hundreds of times so far - that the new generation is in the focus of this story.
So I think (I could be wrong though) that all kill-not-kill Kylo is more important to Rey and Kylo character s development not Luke s.
@Darth_Awakened
Of course it'll be more important to Rey's development, but Luke and Leia's can't be ignored either, just as Han's couldn't in TFA. Even in death he had a huge impact on the story.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next