Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

+53
Slade
Forsythia
Search Your Feelings
MyOnlyHope
soulluos
C.V
Marchtwin
Armadeus
Socialnole
ladyconsular
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
panki
BenRey
MissG
Krafty
Airemyn
Rimfaxe96
Gemini
snufkin
Little_Boots
Darth Dementor
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
Xylo Ren
Darth_Awakened
guardienne
IoJovi
Darth Dingbat
AnneNeville
Helix
Darth Rowan
Force22
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Saracene
EchoBase
CienaRee
ZenBrainJam
Kylo Ren
vaderito
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Reynak
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
BastilaBey
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
ZioRen
57 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by BastilaBey Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:45 am

@krafty this is the one I always think of. He really does look almost bored

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_o07hprKwWB1rszoo3o1_r2_500
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:47 am

BastilaBey wrote:@krafty this is the one I always think of. He really does look almost bored

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_o07hprKwWB1rszoo3o1_r2_500
@BastilaBey

I personally don't think he looks bored, more like cocky. Gives off a "Yeah I'm better than you and we both know it" attitude with that half smirk.

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:48 am

@applecrumble122 oh yeah it's more like the affectation of boredom. "You seriously think you're a challenge for me?" I think it's meant to contrast with how he looks when Rey gets the saber. Complete shock and awe.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Fri 17 Jun 2016, 6:56 am

BastilaBey wrote:@applecrumble122 oh yeah it's more like the affectation of boredom. "You seriously think you're a challenge for me?" I think it's meant to contrast with how he looks when Rey gets the saber. Complete shock and awe.
@BastilaBey

Agreed. It sort of goes hand in hand.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_myq8gbapig1qbskx5o8_250
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 17 Jun 2016, 8:55 am

Gemini wrote:Hey my eyes are up here!

Gif by pacificwanderer
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_o8wdjvXCdd1vr4phxo4_540

He won't be able to contain himself when he sees her for the first time in VIII.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 17 Jun 2016, 9:31 am

This is how I've explained Reylo to my husband.  

"Honey, we both love the Detroit Red Wings, right?  Well, imagine the Wings playing the Anaheim Ducks (our most hated hockey team!) and their fans are being particularly obnoxious.  Well, in the beginning we are projected to lose, but as the game goes on, the Wings score repeatedly while the Ducks are still at zero.  As they continue to not score once, the fans get more vile and are picking fights with people in the crowd.  Then, in the third period, the Wings score their final shot, sealing their slot in the Playoffs and the score is 8-0.  We don't care if we are covered in beer and bruises at the end of the game. The score says it all."  

That's what it's like to have a love for Reylo.  We win over and over again.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:20 am

mSW covered the art show and included the bridal carry painting. They say the unofficial title is 'capture on takodana'. I wonder what that means, whether they end up changing the names for the show specifically?

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/breathtaking-artwork-being-offered-at-star-wars-celebration-europe/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:33 am

Guys have you seen this Ben Solo art by Erik Maell)the one who drew the romanticized Kylo/Rey bridal carry) it's so cool:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWboubGjnr/?taken-by=erikmaell
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEHE1gMGjjC/?taken-by=erikmaell
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEWWnRfGjrK/?taken-by=erikmaell

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:35 am

So overall, I believe we can describe the state of the two sides of the Star Wars fandom using the following gifs:

The Reylo fandom:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Giphy

The antis:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_n5myl5t1da1qas2vfo1_400

Our reply:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_mokq4mqlwh1snpl78o1_400
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by snufkin Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:49 am

Gif by pacificwanderer
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Tumblr_o8wdjvXCdd1vr4phxo4_540

Only this guy would get a b***r from listening to a pretty girl talk about droid specifications. Not to mention the split second lip bite he does when his eyes hit her pelvis.

BastilaBey wrote:@krafty this is the one I always think of. He really does look almost bored

Thing with both of those scenes is that he's being such a peacock and it gets his a** handed to him by Rey. Or this is where he starts to figure out that it's she's who's out of his league. Finn can be annoying, but goddamned if I wasn't like "Take off your earrings, kick his a**, Rey!" when she gets up and charges after him. Especially because you know a good 75% of his horrible, vicious attack is basically out of jealousy. Like he can't believe that she'd rather be with somebody he thinks is beneath the both of them.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:51 am

@Irina de France lol your gifs are perfect, the Luke one is so accurate it hurts

What Anti's wish happened:

JJ Abrams: "Episode VII: Lens Flares and Dueling Cousins" and idk what I'm doing
LF: "Um we need another person on the editing and story board teams...let's go get someone from the McDonald's on the corner."
Disney: "We wish to apologize for any implied relationship between an abusive character and the female protagonist of our story. That was not the intention as we support only healthy relationships in fictional story telling because it influences people in real life." P.S. Don't woobify him, he's irredeemable
Daisy: "Please stop making art of me with my enemy!"
John Boyega: "Finn and Rey were playing some serious romance in TFA. Stay tuned!"  Wink  Wink
Adam Driver: "I have no acting experience whatsoever, and they kinda chose me as a last resort, not taking this job seriously, lol?"
Mark Hamill: my daughter
Pablo Hidalgo: "Reylo? That's a joke. Wishful thinking."
John Williams: "I have no idea what I'm doing."
Rian Johnson: "here's some leaked photos of Kylo stabbing Rey through the heart."
SW Celebration Panel: "EW GET THAT FLIP FLAPPING REYLO ART OUTTA HERE!"

What actually happened:

JJ Abrams: "Rey's parents aren't in VII"
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Fa76c7a66ef787b836010b9725d27f5f

LF: lol get a room guys
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 821f68d561fe68e1ae870c2b70a13de9

Disney: look at this precious cinnamon roll go to our parks and try to redeem him
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Dfbb85c45d251ca3bbedc730691afb2e

Daisy:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 A4be20b2859edc6b7adc5d429e714372ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 C4828536429942ac38f54a8c1c2642a4ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 3e68961c3369e7533d52b08b5053a966

John Boyega:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 E2c7cd3e918a12e4958711a9f9009b9c

Adam Driver:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 6e54645ad2f2bcf783582d5b987c75c4
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 E796961be28cde5742d08e7722361c4f
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 5074c6f823fd5d57a7119533a2430274

Mark Hamill: *likes more Reylo art than I can fit in this post tbh*

Pablo:  *has been savage more times than I can fit in the post tbh*

John Williams: *Julliard grad & most nominated Oscar person since Walt Disney* *writes sweeping romance soundtracks with advanced music theory and composition techniques*

Rian Johnson: *look at all these beautiful shots from the island*

SW Celebration Panel:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 2c8cbeb8b09c254e22379c2fe78d9478
*high fives*

*The End* cheers
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnLouise Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:02 am

Search Your Feelings wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Call-to-the-Light-by-Brandon-Kenney-Art

Another thing I noticed was the way Rey was holding the lightsaber. Very delicately and dangerously. That thing could accidentally turn on and burn her fingers off Laughing
@Search Your Feelings

You can put Jane Eyre at the bottom of that picture & have an instant book cover, don't even erase the lightsaber.
It's Jane Eyre IN SPACE! She also brings someone back to the light.
AnnLouise
AnnLouise
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:13 am

At this point I have a hard time believing that there's anybody left that hasn't noticed where things are going. Some people just keep arguing for the sake of arguing without caring to consider whether it makes sense or not, the most fruitless attitude possible. Like zombies, brainwashed into repeating the same thing over and over again: Rey Skywalker/abusive invest. Over and over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's not about what makes sense and what the film, the writers and the actors tell us. It's about proving that you're right and not because you care what will happen (or have a preference), but because that will give you the pitiful satisfaction of mocking your "enemies" afterwards. And all of this over fictional characters. I don't know where this need to hate on something at all costs comes from, but it's worrying and counterproductive. And, of course, online anonymity makes it easier. What a waste of time and effort.

For the record, I'd be furious if things didn't go our way, but would never express any anger online or abuse anyone just because I was wrong. I'd just forget about the ST altogether because I'd lose interest.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:20 am

Xylo Ren wrote:@Irina de France lol your gifs are perfect, the Luke one is so accurate it hurts

JJ Abrams: "Episode VII: Lens Flares and Dueling Cousins" and idk what I'm doing
LF: "Um we need another person on the editing and story board teams...let's go get someone from the McDonald's on the corner."
Disney: "We wish to apologize for any implied relationship between an abusive character and the female protagonist of our story. That was not the intention as we support only healthy relationships in fictional story telling because it influences people in real life." P.S. Don't woobify him, he's irredeemable
John Boyega: "Finn and Rey were playing some serious romance in TFA. Stay tuned!"  Wink  Wink
Adam Driver: "I have no acting experience whatsoever, and they kinda chose me as a last resort, not taking this job seriously, lol?"
Rian Johnson: "here's some leaked photos of Kylo stabbing Rey through the heart."

What actually happened:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Fa76c7a66ef787b836010b9725d27f5f

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 821f68d561fe68e1ae870c2b70a13de9

Disney: look at this precious cinnamon roll go to our parks and try to redeem him
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 Dfbb85c45d251ca3bbedc730691afb2e

Daisy:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 A4be20b2859edc6b7adc5d429e714372ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 C4828536429942ac38f54a8c1c2642a4ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 3e68961c3369e7533d52b08b5053a966

John Boyega:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 E2c7cd3e918a12e4958711a9f9009b9c

Adam Driver:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 6e54645ad2f2bcf783582d5b987c75c4
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 E796961be28cde5742d08e7722361c4f
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 5074c6f823fd5d57a7119533a2430274

John Williams: *Julliard grad & most nominated Oscar person since Walt Disney* *writes sweeping romance soundtracks with advanced music theory and composition techniques*

SW Celebration Panel:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 39 2c8cbeb8b09c254e22379c2fe78d9478
*high fives*

*The End* cheers
@Xylo Ren

lol!
This is the best thing ever!

And Holy crap, Adam's second gif at the end there! Whew! They should strip him down more in the upcoming films, that is too nice to be obstructed by ridiculous bulky robes IMO. Not like they haven't sexualized him enough already lol! Wink
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:22 am

Queen of the Knights wrote:At this point I have a hard time believing that there's anybody left that hasn't noticed where things are going. Some people just keep arguing for the sake of arguing without caring to consider whether it makes sense or not, the most fruitless attitude possible. Like zombies, brainwashed into repeating the same thing over and over again: Rey Skywalker/abusive invest. Over and over again. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's not about what makes sense and what the film, the writers and the actors tell us. It's about proving that you're right and not because you care what will happen (or have a preference), but because that will give you the pitiful satisfaction of mocking your "enemies" afterwards. And all of this over fictional characters. What a waste of time and effort.
@Queen of the Knights

Had Reylo incurred the wreckage that both Finnrey and Reywalker have received, I would have jumped ship a long time ago.  I would have said, alright, I was wrong - I must have misinterpreted something and moved on.  However, here I am and here you all are, cheering all the way to the finish line.  

Sure, I have questions that remain, but it's not if this pairing is going to happen - it's HOW it's going to happen.  The divide between them is greater than the symbolic ravine that tore between them after the final snow fight.  And yet, I know they are going to end up meaning more to each other than anything else in their lives. That's what's got me on pins and needles.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:17 pm

Krafty wrote:
ZenBrainJam wrote:
Slade wrote:

Gif by pacificwanderer
@Gemini

How did they keep a straight face shooting that scene? Kylo looks like a naughty 14 year old boy!
@Slade

The look....that look for me was the "whoa boy, what are you doing there?" because for me bridal carry wasn't so meaningful at the time. But the interrogation scene, from the "look, under this mask I am actually human, young, civilized and uh! oh! also kinda hot" to the "I am entering your mind and licking your face but it's just for work" well, well, WEEEEEEELL....

@Saracene @Queen of the Knights
Me too, for me (my opinion, of course) reylo is more about very VERY masculine Kylo (I can't see the so called whiny emo not even squinting, he almost cries and he is vulnerable but he is a human being, men crying and or showing their feelings are not less manly IMO) that become sorta passive, almost submissive, around Rey, and clearly enjoys it.
@ZenBrainJam

Couldn't agree more. I do like them as equals, however the definite male to female dynamic is important to establish romance to the viewer Wink
Like in the bridal carry picture, I don't see a cousin carrying a cousin. I look at it and go- He is a man, and she is a woman, with all that implies.
Just like when Kylo was fighting Finn on Starkiller. Kylo was flaunting his dominance through his grandiose movements, in the way he spins, waves his lightsaber around, acts as if this is all terribly tedious, and almost seems to swagger around when effortlessly dodging Finn's blows. From this and other scenes we gather that Kylo is very skilled, intelligent, brutal, and even a little witty(Kylo's sarcasm at Hux was precious). That's all very male, especially when your subconscious mind compares him to the other men in the film. Again I like he and Rey as equals, but a certain dynamic must be employed in visual story telling to get the point across Smile

I went looking for the gif that shows Kylo doing the "Seriously, Traitor, this is soooo boring." lightsaber swing but counld't find a nice one. Oh well. Very Happy
@Krafty

THAT ^^^^^
I am pretty Alpha, and I found all that ^^^ about Kylo extremely ...erm...attractive (wild understatement). The idea of a guy who can fight me and express emotion is smokin'. Insoucient brat, he is.

I just noticed sokething. The torture droid that is in the room during Poe's interrogation is not in the room during Rey's. Interesting.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:24 pm

snufkin wrote:

Gif by pacificwanderer

Only this guy would get a b***r from listening to a pretty girl talk about droid specifications. Not to mention the split second lip bite he does when his eyes hit her pelvis.

Thing with both of those moments is that he's being so damn cocky and then eventually gets his a** handed to him by Rey. Or this is where he starts to figure out that it's she's who's out of his league. Finn can be annoying, but goddamned if I wasn't like "Take off your earrings, kick his a**, Rey!" when she gets up and charges after him. Especially because you know a good 75% of his horrible, vicious attack is basically out of jealousy. Like he can't believe that she'd rather be with somebody he thinks is beneath the both of them.
@snufkin

Re jealousy: I wonder if his peacocking is him intentionally showing off for Rey as well as to convey FU to Finn?
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm

Speaking of ya'll's Space Boo* and his special relationship with Rey. Surprisingly well thought out and non-nasty analysis from Reddit

A Close Analysis of Kylo Ren: Why Kylo Ren is the Most Developed, Complex, Ambitious Characters in All of Star Wars; What Everyone Needs to Know

The story of Kylo Ren is that of a tragedy. His narrative and arc are just as crucial to this tale as any of the other protagonists' stories. Rey happens to be the opposite of Ben: patient, meditative, headstrong, transparent and courageous. These attributes place these two characters on parallel paths as complements. How their relationship unfolds, and how Ben's story is told are crucial elements to consider. Those who expected Kylo Ren to be a mere obstacle for the protagonists to overcome should indeed know that he in fact could be considered the central protagonist himself. This film presents multiple narratives: that of Rey, and that of Ben. Furthermore, Ben and Rey seem to have a very special relationship with one another: Ben has shown his softer side when facing her. He removed his helmet twice in the film: once for his father, once for Rey. In both cases, we saw the real Ben -- the vulnerable Ben. In the final battle, he offers her a chance to stop the fight when she is backed on to the edge of the cliff: "you need a teacher! I can show you the ways of The Force." Ben has opened up to Rey. He is the opposite of Rey; she possesses all of the qualities that would allow her to be his perfect complement. She is strong, while he is vulnerable.

*  Obi-Wan (lbh, Ewan McGregor) in all his decency and cheekiness will always be my Space Boo.

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:37 pm

Krafty wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:@Irina de France lol your gifs are perfect, the Luke one is so accurate it hurts

What actually happened:

Daisy:

John Boyega:

Adam Driver:

SW Celebration Panel:
*high fives*

*The End* cheers
@Xylo Ren

lol!

And Holy crap, Adam's second gif at the end there! Whew! They should strip him down more in the upcoming films, that is too nice to be obstructed by ridiculous bulky robes IMO. Not like they haven't sexualized him enough already lol! Wink
@Krafty

I will add this: look at Adam taking direction from JJ. His hand is still clenched. That's so cute! And that gif of Kylo sneering? Oh, myyyy...sign me up!
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:49 pm

I don't know if anyone's seen this but it's an old  interview with Rian Johnson  about  ''Looper''and he talks a little bit about the villian:

To that point then, where did the character’s need for approval come from? He definitely looks at Abe as something of a father figure.

Absolutely, and in that way his relationship is kind of a reflection of Joe’s relationships, just kind of a very unhealthy echoing of some of the very unhealthy father/son motifs that are going throughout the city stuff in particular. For me, also, I needed an active foil who was going to be investigating throughout the course of the film and, to me, that kind of very pathetic, flawed sort of villain is always the most interesting.

That’s always the most powerful villain, it’s one who is genuinely sympathetic. It’s not that he’s the total bad guy and you throw out some story about how his mom died or something, but moment-to-moment you can actually see and emotionally relate to why he’s doing what he’s doing.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/571546-interview-looper-director-rian-johnson-talks-kid-blue-the-rainmaker-and-the-future-of-film#hhbx4C51S4vEcwQ6.99

This really reminds me of Kylo and Rian seems to love villains like him so I hope he's a fan of him as well.
The interview's really good though.

Last edited by CienaRee on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:54 pm

Slade wrote:
Krafty wrote:

What actually happened:

Daisy:

John Boyega:

Adam Driver:

SW Celebration Panel:
*high fives*

*The End* cheers
@Xylo Ren

lol!

@Krafty

I will add this: look at Adam taking direction from JJ. His hand is still clenched. That's so cute! And that gif of Kylo sneering? Oh, myyyy...sign me up!
@Slade

I really wish that there're more photos of Adam or more insight story of him behind the scenes. I mean he is like a moving teddy bear
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 1:58 pm

Slade wrote:I will add this: look at Adam taking direction from JJ. His hand is still clenched. That's so cute! And that gif of Kylo sneering? Oh, myyyy...sign me up!
@Slade

Yep. Adam is "Kylo" even between takes. He gets really into character and stays there the entire time on set. He is Kylo even as JJ is speaking to him. Wink

IMO that fist-clenching makes the character seem very strict and disciplined on a military scale. I can see elements of Adam's background as a Marine coming into play there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:03 pm

The new 'bridal carry' art is a bit cheesy for my tastes in terms of the outlandish style, but no one can deny the raw sexuality of it. Mwehe

Although I'm sure there are those can (and will) try.  

A small part of me would put it on my wall though if I could get it. Simply because it proves we are not insane shippers.

Damn he looks hot, can you imagine it without the helmet?! Maybe the artist should give that a try. Twisted Evil
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:10 pm

@Airemyn It is so cheesy, it's actually hilarious. I mean I recognized the bridal carry in the film for what it was, but this art takes it to ridiculous bodice ripper heights. I'm honestly surprised that Lf approved it, but suppose they have to start being more blatant to get people used to the idea. You can't look at this and still think they're related.

It does make it clear that up to this point, though, it's Kylo feeling a selfish infatuation and not Rey. Yes, he feels compassion for her, but it's still grounded in his needs, he needs to teach her, he doesn't want to be alone, he finds her attractive and gets way too close to her without asking permission. Over the course of the story, we should expect his feelings to transform from a selfish fixation to a genuinely selfless love, probably with no expectation that Rey would ever return his feelings.

That character development is key if there's ever to be realistic 'reylo' by the end of the trilogy. I'm not sure people who are opposed to the idea understand that. We don't think the characters would make a good couple now! He needs to get his sith together, and if there's a redemption arc set in motion, he will.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next