Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

+53
Slade
Forsythia
Search Your Feelings
MyOnlyHope
soulluos
C.V
Marchtwin
Armadeus
Socialnole
ladyconsular
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
panki
BenRey
MissG
Krafty
Airemyn
Rimfaxe96
Gemini
snufkin
Little_Boots
Darth Dementor
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
Xylo Ren
Darth_Awakened
guardienne
IoJovi
Darth Dingbat
AnneNeville
Helix
Darth Rowan
Force22
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Saracene
EchoBase
CienaRee
ZenBrainJam
Kylo Ren
vaderito
FrolickingFizzgig
Mana
Reynak
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
BastilaBey
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
ZioRen
57 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:17 pm

Airemyn wrote:The new 'bridal carry' art is a bit cheesy for my tastes in terms of the outlandish style, but no one can deny the raw sexuality of it. Mwehe

Although I'm sure there are those can (and will) try.  

A small part of me would put it on my wall though if I could get it. Simply because it proves we are not insane shippers.

Damn he looks hot, can you imagine it without the helmet?! Maybe the artist should give that a try. Twisted Evil
@Airemyn

Agreed! And come on, Lucasfilm employees, well selected from every department to vote on these art pieces, wouldn't have picked something that would ultimately depict cousins in a suggestive and sensual pose (with her neck arched like that and curves accentuated, nor his power stance), if they were meant to be related. They faced enough backlash with Luke and Leia in the early eighties. That's a serious romance novel cover art. Mwahahaha. I love it. Evil

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7

Post by Airemyn Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
Airemyn wrote:The new 'bridal carry' art is a bit cheesy for my tastes in terms of the outlandish style, but no one can deny the raw sexuality of it. Mwehe

Although I'm sure there are those can (and will) try.  

A small part of me would put it on my wall though if I could get it. Simply because it proves we are not insane shippers.

Damn he looks hot, can you imagine it without the helmet?! Maybe the artist should give that a try. Twisted Evil
@Airemyn

Agreed! And come on, Lucasfilm employees, well selected from every department to vote on these art pieces, wouldn't have picked something that would ultimately depict cousins in a suggestive and sensual pose (with her neck arched like that and curves accentuated, nor his power stance), if they were meant to be related. They faced enough backlash with Luke and Leia in the early eighties. That's a serious romance novel cover art. Mwahahaha. I love it. Evil
@RandomObserver

Absolutely, although I have heard someone compare it to the original ANH artwork.... Where Luke and Leia aren't even touching each other. Neutral

@BastilaBey I think you are correct, they are testing the waters here. There's no way that these two people are related otherwise this would never have been chosen for display. That would be ridiculous.
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:24 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
LF: lol get a room guys
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 40 821f68d561fe68e1ae870c2b70a13de9

He's so close to her, she can probably feel his breath on her neck. Can you imagine if Rey had turned her head right then? Oh my. Their faces would've been mere inches apart and they would be looking directly into each other's eyes. It's rather a good thing that didn't happen, or else this PG-rated interrogation scene would've turned into an R-rated bedroom scene in .05 seconds flat. Wink

I'm sorry, I know this isn't adding anything to the discussion. LOL! Lolilol

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:43 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 40 821f68d561fe68e1ae870c2b70a13de9

He's so close to her, she can probably feel his breath on her neck. Can you imagine if Rey had turned her head right then? Oh my. Their faces would've been mere inches apart and they would be looking directly into each other's eyes. It's rather a good thing that didn't happen, or else this PG-rated interrogation scene would've turned into an R-rated bedroom scene in .05 seconds flat. Wink

@WhatGirl

Oh yeah, totally. This scene could have gone from 0 to 100 real quick and if she'd of turned her face. I mean I just re-watched TFA and that interrogation scene had me reaching for a glass of ice water, same with that -way too long not to be Reylo foreshadowing- stare with locked lightsabers on Starkiller . Heh, Luke's naughty nephew indeed Wink
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee Fri 17 Jun 2016, 2:52 pm

I showed my friend the art chosen and she said the bridal carry one reminds her of this...

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 7 - Page 40 AZTEC
MelBee
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:02 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Airemyn It is so cheesy, it's actually hilarious. I mean I recognized the bridal carry in the film for what it was, but this art takes it to ridiculous bodice ripper heights. I'm honestly surprised that Lf approved it, but suppose they have to start being more blatant to get people used to the idea. You can't look at this and still think they're related.

It does make it clear that up to this point, though, it's Kylo feeling a selfish infatuation and not Rey. Yes, he feels compassion for her, but it's still grounded in his needs, he needs to teach her, he doesn't want to be alone, he finds her attractive and gets way too close to her without asking permission. Over the course of the story, we should expect his feelings to transform from a selfish fixation to a genuinely selfless love, probably with no expectation that Rey would ever return his feelings.

That character development is key if there's ever to be realistic 'reylo' by the end of the trilogy. I'm not sure people who are opposed to the idea understand that. We don't think the characters would make a good couple now! He needs to get his sith together, and if there's a redemption arc set in motion, he will.
@BastilaBey

Great post.
One thing I'm wondering though is if they indeed have a FB and can feel each other's feelings etc, wouldn't Kylo be able to feel Rey falling in love with him.I mean it would be great if he loves her without beliving she would return his feelings I'm just wondering.
It would be funny if Kylo thinks about himself and Rey loving him back every thing the antis say he is including how Rey would never fall in love with him.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:12 pm

Slade wrote:
@snufkin

Re jealousy: I wonder if his peacocking is him intentionally showing off for Rey as well as to convey FU to Finn?
@Slade

Oh definitely to both. "Rey LOOK AT ME, see how awesome I am. Don't you want to go with me instead of hanging out with that lowlife traitor who is not a powerful hero like I am? Aren't you flattered by my deigning to like you?"

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:22 pm

CienaRee wrote:I don't know if anyone's seen this but it's an old  interview with Rian Johnson  about  ''Looper''and he talks a little bit about the villian:

To that point then, where did the character’s need for approval come from? He definitely looks at Abe as something of a father figure.

Absolutely, and in that way his relationship is kind of a reflection of Joe’s relationships, just kind of a very unhealthy echoing of some of the very unhealthy father/son motifs that are going throughout the city stuff in particular. For me, also, I needed an active foil who was going to be investigating throughout the course of the film and, to me, that kind of very pathetic, flawed sort of villain is always the most interesting.

That’s always the most powerful villain, it’s one who is genuinely sympathetic. It’s not that he’s the total bad guy and you throw out some story about how his mom died or something, but moment-to-moment you can actually see and emotionally relate to why he’s doing what he’s doing.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/571546-interview-looper-director-rian-johnson-talks-kid-blue-the-rainmaker-and-the-future-of-film#hhbx4C51S4vEcwQ6.99

This really reminds me of Kylo and Rian seems to love villains like him so I hope he's a fan of him as well.
The interview's really good though.
@CienaRee

Yeah the Jeff Daniels/Abe figure is his father figure/role model and over the course of the movie, you kind of see how misplaced that respect is, because Abe ultimately just cares about achieving his ends. It's when the younger version of Joe crosses paths with Sara that his moral compass gets reset. And not even because she prompts him to, but just from being around her. She's already on a path of atonement for her past actions and manages to be both the toughest and most vulnerable character in the film. He allies himself with her both as an act of agency against the life he's led under Abe's watch (trying to finally become the good man he aspires to be) and also just from knowing her, he cares what happens to her. And in the conflict that's set up, she's the underdog against a group of brutal men who will crush her as collateral damage for no other reason than business as usual. So he throws his lot in with her and goes from being a completely selfish person, like Abe, to becoming somebody who's selfless and tries to do right by the people in his life, like Sara. Other brilliant thing about that movie is how much it plays with genres (science fiction and noir) but ultimately is about family and finding belonging. It's a kitchen sink drama in disguise

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:22 pm

CienaRee wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@Airemyn It is so cheesy, it's actually hilarious. I mean I recognized the bridal carry in the film for what it was, but this art takes it to ridiculous bodice ripper heights. I'm honestly surprised that Lf approved it, but suppose they have to start being more blatant to get people used to the idea. You can't look at this and still think they're related.

It does make it clear that up to this point, though, it's Kylo feeling a selfish infatuation and not Rey. Yes, he feels compassion for her, but it's still grounded in his needs, he needs to teach her, he doesn't want to be alone, he finds her attractive and gets way too close to her without asking permission. Over the course of the story, we should expect his feelings to transform from a selfish fixation to a genuinely selfless love, probably with no expectation that Rey would ever return his feelings.

That character development is key if there's ever to be realistic 'reylo' by the end of the trilogy. I'm not sure people who are opposed to the idea understand that. We don't think the characters would make a good couple now! He needs to get his sith together, and if there's a redemption arc set in motion, he will.
@BastilaBey

Great post.
One thing I'm wondering though is if they indeed have a FB and can feel each other's feelings etc, wouldn't Kylo be able to feel Rey falling in love with him.I mean it would be great if he loves her without beliving she would return his feelings I'm just wondering.
It would be funny if Kylo thinks about himself and Rey loving him back every thing the antis say he is including how Rey would never fall in love with him.
@CienaRee
Well, if they go by EU rules, he won't be able to distinguish if the feelings are hers or his own, at least not in the beginning. He might sense her feelings later, when the bond becomes stronger, it takes time. But they can teach each other a lot about the Force in the meantime, that's what the Force bonds are about in the first place, sharing knowledge and skills.

Last edited by bela.mesecina on Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:23 pm

CienaRee wrote:

@BastilaBey

Great post.
@CienaRee

Unless, they both play dumb and did not recognize or admit their true feelings towards each other. They might overreacting when the other person's name is being mentioned, as a way trying to denial, maybe that could be the reason behind why in the previous leak it said that Kylo want to kill Rey, he want to make himself believe that killing her for what she did is the only reason why ke keeps yearning for her and for Rey, she didn't want to kill him because she doesn't want to confront him and faces her own compassion for the guy. But when they meet again, pretty sure that both of them would throw every thoughts  out off the window and just go along with their desire  Laughing
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:32 pm

CienaRee wrote:

@BastilaBey

Great post.
@CienaRee

If they're going to go with something like a force bond, I can't see it being much more intense than them catching glimpses of each other's memories. Anything more than that - as in, being able to detect every single thought from the other person - wouldn't really translate well to film unless they have something really amazing up their sleeve.

It's fine for Kylo to read her thoughts in something like the interrogation because he's actually verbalizing them for us, but they can't do that every time. It would be a device to quickly have them develop empathy for each other that doesn't have to come from other characters telling them about the past. They'll have to give us Ben Solo's backstory at some point, so Rey seeing his memories might make the most sense.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Fri 17 Jun 2016, 3:56 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:

@WhatGirl

No, this is important! Kylo looks so pensive, and Rey looks like she is thinking "oh, what a strange new sensation I am experiencing! I say!" And Kylo's hindbrain is just going "girl! Girl! Girl!" and short circuiting.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Macha Ren Fri 17 Jun 2016, 4:29 pm

Okay, as much as I hate the grocery store romance novel look of that poster, it's pretty obvious if LFL is signing off on art to be displayed at the Celebration that Kylo and Rey as a couple is more likely to happen than not.

*and a million antis cried out in pain and were suddenly silenced*

I think what we'll see based the spoilers this far is a progression in their interactions, likely through Ep 9. It will start out as a hate/hate relationship where he is hell bent on leather to get even. But I think there is still an undercurrent of attraction, likely Kylo first then Rey experiencing it second.

From there it will progress to an uneasy detente. I suspect Kylo will want to move toward liberating himself from Snoke. He'll take what his father said to heart about getting crushed and hopefully will figure it out before it is too late. And then they will move toward allies and hopefully lovers.

And in a shallow comment, the picture of Adam practicing in a tank with a farmer tan is adorable. Oh look, he does actually go out in the sun Wink
Macha Ren
Macha Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40