Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

+49
Armadeus
Sforza
Marchtwin
Moonjump05
pacificwanderer
ChewbaccaFlockaFlame
rey09
Camaro
Kyla Ren
Little_Boots
Reynak
Darth_Awakened
Force22
Sylvia Snow
Kessel
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
SanghaRen
salmund
Saracene
Search Your Feelings
Stefynoseu
Airemyn
Luke Browalker
Blackcanary
Rei of Sunshine
guardienne
SoloSideCousin
Queen Rey
Mana
RKR Connection
creepi0
MoonFyre
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
Reylo Lemon
AnneNeville
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
Darth Rowan
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
53 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

Post by Birdwoman Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm

I rewatched TFA last night and key scenes this morning. I was amazed at the subtle performances of Adam and Daisy. I was beginning to wonder if my seeing the possibilities of some type of relationship between Rey and Kylo were just my own echo chamber in my head since I have not seen TFA since early January.
1. The subtext in the interrogation scene is so interesting. Rey was stunned when he took off his mask, she kind of gasps and widens her eyes. Kylo, widens his eyes when he says the line: 'I can take whatever I want.' He wasn't meaning sexually, however the director wanted the sexual subtext there for us. Anyway, at the end of the scene when he is in her mind and she enters in. I did not pick up on the force purr until now. I also noticed there was thrusting sounds with the force purr. When he entered her mind again and a thrusting purr sound when she entered his head. It seemed that he let her enter his mind until she found out secret information and you can hear them withdrawal from their minds and they were both breathing heavy in shock. I think they will probably explore the force bond in some way in this trilogy.

The scene where Han and Leia were talking about Ben, I thought they were pretty direct in the movie that this story is going with a redemption of some sort. I could be wrong but it seemed like they pretty much stated it outright in that conversation with Leia and han.

Final lightsaber duel: When the lightsaber flew into her hand. That is when I saw: 'I want her' look. I am still not sure if he even understands his feelings for her at that moment. But he didn't want her to go anywhere. When they were at the cliff side and he offered to be her teacher. Adam did a very subtle thrust motion while staring at her as if he entered her head again or they were connected. Then she opened her eyes and as my 9 year old said. 'Mom, Rey has the darkside face.'

Sorry just some random thoughts.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1

Post by Gemini Sat 02 Apr 2016, 7:49 pm

Birdwoman wrote:I rewatched TFA last night and key scenes this morning.  I was amazed at the subtle performances of Adam and Daisy. I was beginning to wonder if my seeing the possibilities of some type of relationship between Rey and Kylo were just my own echo chamber in my head since I have not seen TFA since early January.  
1. The subtext in the interrogation scene is so interesting.  Rey was stunned when he took off his mask, she kind of gasps and widens her eyes.  Kylo, widens his eyes when he says the line:  'I can take whatever I want.' He wasn't meaning sexually, however the director wanted the sexual subtext there for us.  Anyway, at the end of the scene when he is in her mind and she enters in.  I did not pick up on the force purr until now.  I also noticed there was thrusting sounds with the force purr.  When he entered her mind again and a thrusting purr sound when she entered his head.  It seemed that he let her enter his mind until she found out secret information and you can hear them withdrawal from their minds and they were both breathing heavy in shock. I think they will probably explore the force bond in some way in this trilogy.

The scene where Han and Leia were talking about Ben, I thought they were pretty direct in the movie that this story is going with a redemption of some sort.  I could be wrong but it seemed like they pretty much stated it outright in that conversation with Leia and han.

Final lightsaber duel:  When the lightsaber flew into her hand.  That is when I saw:  'I want her' look.  I am still not sure if he even understands his feelings for her at that moment.  But he didn't want her to go anywhere.  When they were at the cliff side and he offered to be her teacher.  Adam did a very subtle thrust motion while staring at her as if he entered her head again or they were connected. Then she opened her eyes and as my 9 year old said.  'Mom, Rey has the darkside face.'

Sorry just some random thoughts.

The thrusting is reys' force sound. It's a heartbeat

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/141633545644/a-purr-and-a-heartbeat

Also that "I can take what i want" line, lots of people don't think he meant sexually but i personally think he did mean it in more ways than one, that's why he looks down at her body before he says it and he whispered it to her unlike all the lines before it. And his facial expression to boot. I think it was his attempt at flirting, her expression is interesting when he says that. She seems intrigued by it, not scared. Just my observation though. She only recoils when he goes into her mind it seems
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:04 pm

There was lots of thrusting and heavy breathing in that scene. I need to watch it closely without being interrupted. Once my children are asleep it will be easier to focus.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

I agree @birdwoman. I didn't think there was anything overt sexual thing going on, but that part made me go uhhh this is...interesting....the breathing and the struggle

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 02 Apr 2016, 8:23 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
More and more I'm thinking Maz meant Ben when she said "The belonging you seek lies ahead." Before I thought she meant with Luke as his padawan.  But she separated Luke from that part with there's someone who would come back, IMO.
Narratively, there's absolutely no way the "belonging" Rey seeks will lie in a father-figure. This is the story of her physical and metaphorical coming-of-age, thus why she, Finn and Kylo are all very relatable to "children" who have not experienced what the world has to offer. Is "belonging" really going to be found in a brand-new father after all this time? No, because that will do nothing to help Rey come-of-age, or develop from child to woman. In fact, it solidifies the metaphor of the "little girl", which is something Rey will absolutely not be by the end of this Trilogy.

Kylo and Rey can mature together. They can lead each other into adulthood. They are the "belonging" the other has always sought, they just don't know it yet.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 02 Apr 2016, 9:30 pm

I also think Maz meant Ben when she was telling Rey that the belonging you seek is a head of you not behind.

Another thought: The Han death scene. It was very beautifully done for such a sad moment in the movie. Very operatic. I am a classically trained singer and in my mommy free time still sing in a opera chorus. When I was watching TFA last night and that scene came on I was blown away. It was very powerful. It reminded me so much of some of the best death scenes in different operas I participated in.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sat 02 Apr 2016, 10:47 pm

Kylo Ren& Rey – The Story from Mythology 

Star Wars is a fairy tales, of heroes and villains, the epic story of justice triumph over wrong, the victory of Light over Darkness. But sometimes, when Light and Darkness entwined, the lines of good and bad become blurry, fills with many shades of greys in between.

The newest installment to the saga, Star Wars episode VII – The Force Awakened is a perfect example when the villains is not completely bad but a torments soul who continue to struggles with inner battle of Light and Dark and a Heroine with a mystery past and uncertain future. Their stories echoes many tales before them from different cultural and mythologies, so it’s not a surprised to see the parallel of them in Eastern Mythologies, especially in the Chinese and Japanese Mythologies

Kylo Ren – The Phoenix has yet to rise

The symbol of Phoenix has been existed in both Western and Eastern cultures, and while it’s mostly known as a Legendary Fiery Bird that dies and reborn from its own ashes, a symbol of immortality and feminine. In Chinese/Japanese mythology, it was something more and that almost perfectly represent the characteristics of Kylo Ren, although it’s not wrong to said he’s the Dragon while Rey is the Phoenix but in truth to me, it’s the opposite where he’s the Phoenix and she’s the Dragon also because there are two Legendary birds that are both being misunderstood as Phoenix due to their shared similarity  

Phoenix in Chinese are called by the name Fenghuang, legends have it that at first they are two different entities, a male Feng and a female Huang, a symbol for immortal lovers, as the pair eventually merged to become Fenghuang, the “King of Birds” and only when it paired with the Dragon, Fenghuang becomes the symbolize for the empress and Yang, the name Ren also have a meaning as Queen.

“It is where you are from. What you are made of, The Dark Side – and the Light. The finest sculptor cannot fashion a masterpiece from poor materials. He must have something pure, something strong, something unbreakable, with which to work”
Snoke

Now, compared the backstory of Kylo Ren, he is the son of Han Solo and Leia, whose have one of the most beautiful love story on scene. Han and Leia are the Feng and Huang, while Kylo is the result of that love, the Fenghuang, the reunion of Yin and Yang. Kylo Ren did have that in him, the reunion of Light and Dark, Yin and Yang, that why Snoke target him, becomes he’s special and unique.

In Chinese constellations and Japanese lore, Phoenix/Fenghuang changes into Vermilion Bird/Suzaku, one of Four Sacred Beasts, main element is fire, represent justice, obedience, fidelity and stars. Again, we first meet Kylo while he’s surrounding with burning fire and stars is something Kylo also seems to connected with in posters and in novelization where he was described as looking out to the stars.

As other three Sacred Beasts, there are seven “mansion” or “positions” of the moon within the Vermilion Bird, each with a names. Three of which that I especially pay attention to are
·                                                          Ogre/Demon => Kind of what Rey referred him, though “Monster” is somewhat on a lesser level
·                                                              Star => Kylo and star are somehow connected
·                                               Wings => Could possibly mean his command shuttle, which belongs to an Upsilon- class, one of the determinative star out of seven are called Upsilon1 Hydrae, of constellation of Hydra

Unlike its Western comparison,Fenghuang are not completely red but various in five fundamental colors that said to represent Confucius’s five virtues. One of the colors is Black, Kylo is shown wearing in all Black, with a red saber, red is also the color associated with Phoenix/Fenghuang. The first virtue, coincidentally are Ren as in Kylo Ren, the virtue of benevolence, charity and humanity, the word Ren itself also symbolize Yin and Yang in Chinese characters. Names are meaningful and important for it’s the identification of a being or a characters on film, but wouldn’t it be an odd choice to name a villain a name that mean for good, a hero?

Rey – The Hidden Dragon

The dragon is consider as the Yang, complement with a Yin-Fenghuang, mostly associated with weather and waters but wood is it element, blue/green are the colors of Dragon in Chinese folklore as it role as one of the Four Sacred Beasts, knows as the Azure Dragon/Seiryu. As a Sacred Beast there’re also seven “mansion” of the moon within the Dragon and one of them is called as “Heart”, Rey awakened sound is a heartbeat. The name Rey is mean King, Dragon is the symbolic of King/Ruler

Dragon and Fenghuang/Phoenix are mortal enemies but together they’re the blissed pair. The relationship between Kylo and Rey are hard to said, since they’re on two different sides, the Resistance and the First Order, but the two shares a strange fascination toward each other, mostly on Kylo’s part.

Of course, since water, wood/forest is the Dragon symbol, Jakku isn’t the ideal planet to have those elements, it’s more like a hostile desert planet but the problems was Rey was left there struggling to survived, it not her birthplace, it’s said that she often have a dreams about the green places, an ocean, an island. And after meeting Finn and Han, the first place she ever set foot on was Takodana, a planet that covers by the green forest and clear waters.

Around the same time, Kylo is talking to the burn helmet of Darth Vader of how he’s feeling the pull to the Light, and even before that, as Rey leaving Jakku behind, Kylo and Snoke was also talking about how they both feels an awakened, spiritually this can symbolize Rey’s leaving Jakku to Takodana as an awaken, the dragon after so many years living in an “unaccustomed” place to a planet that having what it favored , water and forest. This is her first step.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Green10

She soon found Anakin’s blue saber and she also received a vision upon touching the saber and in it, Rey is cover by a heavy rain and in a snowy forest as she seeing Kylo Ren, a man that she will soon meet moment later, with two elements of the dragon while Kylo in both places, carry the red saber, red the color of Phoenix, both times always walking toward her as she move back. Dragon-Phoenix, Yin-Yang, balance each other, chasing each other. Kylo arrive in Takodana, again with fire while Rey is currently in the forest, where he finally meet her

And when he take her to his chamber, back in Starkiller Base, the ashes in his room is another representation of rebirth and Phoenix, fires and red illustrated around him during the confrontation with his father, while their duel happened in the snowy forest, darker and blue-ish in value. But as much as them being enemies, they’re also a matched with one another. Kylo saw something of him in her just as Rey found herself in him, she is equally fascinated and scared at him.

Snoke the Snake

So far it’s unclear if Snoke have anything to do with Rey or her parent(s) or the reason why she is being left on Jakku but Snoke definitely response for the fallen of Kylo, he’s the Snake, the Serpent, enemies to the Phoenix/Red Bird and he will do anything to bring Kylo down

"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants he'll crush you. You know it's true." (Han)

Snoke blocked all the Light that want to reach to Kylo, he’s the Darkness that want to condemn the bright Light of the Phoenix. Kylo is being surrounded by Darkness and are falling just as Snoke’s plan as the StarKiller Base is “killing” the sun nearby until meeting with Rey that he starts to shows more human, even trying to impress her with his look and the confrontation with Han, Kylo is literally standing under the shining of the Sun, just like Rey leaving Jakku as her awakened, the moment he faced with father and the Light again, this is the first step of his release.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 92deba3c199d2304238edd6090a7766b61c680ad_hq

The destruction of Starkiller base and the rebirth of the Sun is symbolize the rebirth of Kylo Ren, the rebirth of the Phoenix while Rey is starting on her journey, to the island in the middle of an ocean, finding Luke and for sure she and Kylo will cross path again and surely their fascination toward another will grows, as their souls calling out to another in daydream, in nightmare

NOTED: Though again, Kylo can also fit the Dragon symbol and Rey as a Phoenix, it just that I found many similarity between the Phoenix and Kylo that all.I should stop writting now because I believe I have been rambling a lot already 

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Sun 03 Apr 2016, 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 03 Apr 2016, 2:34 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Kylo Ren& Rey – The Story from Mythology 

Star Wars is a fairy tales, of heroes and villains, the epic story of justice triumph over wrong, the victory of Light over Darkness. But sometimes, when Light and Darkness entwined, the lines of good and bad become blurry, fills with many shades of greys in between.

The newest installment to the sage, Star Wars episode VII – The Force Awakened is an perfect example when the villains is not completely bad but a torments soul who continue to struggles with inner battle of Light and Dark and a Heroine with a mystery past and uncertain future. Their stories echoes many tales before them from different cultural and mythologies, so it’s not a surprised to see the parallel of them in Eastern Mythologies, especially in the Chinese and Japanese Mythologies

Kylo Ren – The Phoenix has yet to rise

The symbol of Phoenix has been existed in both Western and Eastern cultures, and while it’s mostly known as a Legendary Fiery Bird that dies and reborn from its own ashes, a symbol of immortality and feminine. In Chinese/Japanese mythology, it was something more and that almost perfectly represent the characteristics of Kylo Ren, although it’s not wrong to said he’s the Dragon while Rey is the Phoenix but in truth to me, it’s the opposite where he’s the Phoenix and she’s the Dragon also because there are two Legendary birds that are both being misunderstood as Phoenix due to their shared similarity  

Phoenix in Chinese are called by the name Fenghuang, legends have it that at first they are two different entities, a male Feng and a female Huang, a symbol for immortal lovers, as the pair eventually merged to become Fenghuang, the “King of Birds” and only when it paired with the Dragon, Fenghuang becomes the symbolize for the empress and Yang, the name Ren also have a meaning as Queen.

“It is where you are from. What you are made of, The Dark Side – and the Light. The finest sculptor cannot fashion a masterpiece from poor materials. He must have something pure, something strong, something unbreakable, with which to work”
Snoke

Now, compared the backstory of Kylo Ren, he is the son of Han Solo and Leia, whose have one of the most beautiful love story on scene. Han and Leia are the Feng and Huang, while Kylo is the result of that love, the Fenghuang, the reunion of Yin and Yang. Kylo Ren did have that in him, the reunion of Light and Dark, Yin and Yang, that why Snoke target him, becomes he’s special and unique.

In Chinese constellations and Japanese lore, Phoenix/Fenghuang changes into Vermilion Bird/Suzaku, one of Four Sacred Beasts, main element is fire, represent justice, obedience, fidelity and stars. Again, we first meet Kylo while he’s surrounding with burning fire and stars is something Kylo also seems to connected with in posters and in novelization where he was described as looking out to the stars.

As other three Sacred Beasts, there are seven “mansion” or “positions” of the moon within the Vermilion Bird, each with a names. Three of which that I especially pay attention to are
·                                                          Ogre/Demon => Kind of what Rey referred him, though “Monster” is somewhat on a lesser level
·                                                              Star => Kylo and star are somehow connected
·                                               Wings => Could possibly mean his command shuttle, which belongs to an Upsilon- class, one of the determinative star out of seven are called Upsilon1 Hydrae, of constellation of Hydra

Unlike its Western comparison,Fenghuang are not completely red but various in five fundamental colors that said to represent Confucius’s five virtues. One of the colors is Black, Kylo is shown wearing in all Black, with a red saber, red is also the color associated with Phoenix/Fenghuang. The first virtue, coincidentally are Ren as in Kylo Ren, the virtue of benevolence, charity and humanity, the word Ren itself also symbolize Yin and Yang in Chinese characters. Names are meaningful and important for it’s the identification of a being or a characters on film, but wouldn’t it be an odd choice to name a villain a name that mean for good, a hero?

Rey – The Hidden Dragon

The dragon is consider as the Yang, complement with a Yin-Fenghuang, mostly associated with weather and waters but wood is it element, blue/green are the colors of Dragon in Chinese folklore as it role as one of the Four Sacred Beasts, knows as the Azure Dragon/Seiryu. As a Sacred Beast there’re also seven “mansion” of the moon within the Dragon and one of them is called as “Heart”, Rey awakened sound is a heartbeat. The name Rey is mean King, Dragon is the symbolic of King/Ruler

Dragon and Fenghuang/Phoenix are mortal enemies but together they’re the blissed pair. The relationship between Kylo and Rey are hard to said, since they’re on two different sides, the Resistance and the First Order, but the two shares a strange fascination toward each other, mostly on Kylo’s part.

Of course, since water, wood/forest is the Dragon symbol, Jakku isn’t the ideal planet to have those elements, it’s more like a hostile desert planet but the problems was Rey was left there struggling to survived, it not her birthplace, it’s said that she often have a dreams about the green places, an ocean, an island. And after meeting Finn and Han, the first place she ever set foot on was Takodana, a planet that covers by the green forest and clear waters.

Around the same time, Kylo is talking to the burn helmet of Darth Vader of how he’s feeling the pull to the Light, and even before that, as Rey leaving Jakku behind, Kylo and Snoke was also talking about how they both feels an awakened, spiritually this can symbolize Rey’s leaving Jakku to Takodana as an awaken, the dragon after so many years living in an “unaccustomed” place to a planet that having what it favored , water and forest. This is her first step.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Green10

She soon found Anakin’s blue saber and she also received a vision upon touching the saber and in it, Rey is cover by a heavy rain and in a snowy forest as she seeing Kylo Ren, a man that she will soon meet moment later, with two elements of the dragon while Kylo in both places, carry the red saber, red the color of Phoenix, both times always walking toward her as she move back. Dragon-Phoenix, Yin-Yang, balance each other, chasing each other. Kylo arrive in Takodana, again with fire while Rey is currently in the forest, where he finally meet her

And when he take her to his chamber, back in Starkiller Base, the ashes in his room is another representation of rebirth and Phoenix, fires and red illustrated around him during the confrontation with his father, while their duel happened in the snowy forest, darker and blue-ish in value. But as much as them being enemies, they’re also a matched with one another. Kylo saw something of him in her just as Rey found herself in him, she is equally fascinated and scared at him.

Snoke the Snake

So far it’s unclear if Snoke have anything to do with Rey or her parent(s) or the reason why she is being left on Jakku but Snoke definitely response for the fallen of Kylo, he’s the Snake, the Serpent, enemies to the Phoenix/Red Bird and he will do anything to bring Kylo down

"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants he'll crush you. You know it's true." (Han)

Snoke blocked all the Light that want to reach to Kylo, he’s the Darkness that want to condemn the bright Light of the Phoenix. Kylo is being surrounded by Darkness and are falling just as Snoke’s plan as the StarKiller Base is “killing” the sun nearby until meeting with Rey that he starts to shows more human, even trying to impress her with his look and the confrontation with Han, Kylo is literally standing under the shining of the Sun, just like Rey leaving Jakku as her awakened, the moment he faced with father and the Light again, this is the first step of his release.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 92deba3c199d2304238edd6090a7766b61c680ad_hq

The destruction of Starkiller base and the rebirth of the Sun is symbolize the rebirth of Kylo Ren, the rebirth of the Phoenix while Rey is starting on her journey, to the island in the middle of an ocean, finding Luke and for sure she and Kylo will cross path again and surely their fascination toward another will grows, as their souls calling out to another in daydream, in nightmare

NOTED: Though again, Kylo can also fit the Dragon symbol and Rey as a Phoenix, it just that I found many similarity between the Phoenix and Kylo that all.I should stop writting now because I believe I have been rambling a lot already 

Oh my goodness! This is so good and so interesting! Can you please also post this in the long-term Meta thread? I think this should be a part of the long term reference section! Thank you for doing this!! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 4:57 am

@Sylvia Snow queen cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

This is phenomenal! Please also post in Mythology section. It never hurts to have great metas posted in several places.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Sun 03 Apr 2016, 5:50 am

@Sylvia Snow That was fantastic! Claps

I couldn't agree with you more, Kylo is more like a phoenix as it symbolizes resurrection, rebirth and victory over temptation (I believe eventually he will leave Snoke's influence). Which reminds me of a significant poem about Aragorn from lord of the rings:

From the ashes a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadows shall spring
Renewed shall be blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king.

I think this poem describes perfectly Kylo's rebirth as well. After his crushing defeat in the Starkiller base, he is like a phoenix reborn; a fire awakened in the darkness. If I recall correctly, Adam Driver said Kylo's red lightsaber is a metaphor for his character - unstable, dangerous and later broken after his duel against Rey - but renewed as the light in him grew stronger. While Kylo Ren/Ben is not a king like Aragorn, he is the heir to the Skywalker legacy. Soon after he reclaims his birthright and name, he'll prove himself worthy to wield Anakin's saber, which is kind of similar to a king's sceptre (at least the symbolism behind it).
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:19 am

I had a thought about Snoke entering Rey's mind in the novel to tell her to kill Kylo. Other than wondering how he managed it - perhaps it was briefly 'forged' between them, because they both have a connection with Kylo and he managed to by-pass Kylo.

But anyway I think Snoke must have known about Kylo's offer to teach Rey, because for him to have known at the moment Rey could have killed Kylo, then he must have been 'watching' the fight.

Random thought.

Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:40 am

I just want to say something about romantic love, since antis like to use un-romantic phrases such as "keep her agency", "he deserves her", "healthy relationship" to explain why other couple should be the endgame.

Romantic love has always been described in the following terms that have nothing to do with logic, reason, heath card or calculation. "Fool for love", "crazy stupid love", "lost in love", "madly in love", "love conquers all" "many splendor thing", "follow your heart", "heartbreak (when love ends)", "love is blindness", "swept off one's feet", "power of love", "love hurts", "love heals", "bound by love"etc. In short, all high emotions and passion, very little or no thinking. When love happens, thinking about agency, heath, what others think, who deserves what evaporates in seconds. That's how you know it's love. otherwise it isn't, it's your reason telling you what's good (as in socially acceptable) for you but it isn't love. Love isn't about what's good for someone. Love is love. If one advocates "romance" based on too much rationalizing, that isn't romance because it isn't romantic love.

This conversation from POTC:COTBP illustrates the kind of "romance" that antis advocate:

Elizabeth and her maid are talking about Norrington's marriage proposal. Norrington is a high ranking military hero who moves in the same circles as Governor's daughter Elizabeth and is her father's preferred suitor for Elizabeth.

Maid:"It's a smart match if it isn't too bold to say."

Elizabeth:"It is a smart match." Guilty tone. "He's a fine man, what every woman should dream of marrying." But he is not what she dreams of marrying. Because she loves Will Turner, a lowly blacksmith with a secret pirate parentage. Love doesn't care about smart matches. It happens or doesn't.

IMO, what antis propose is exactly "what every woman should dream of dating/marrying"...but what Reylos propose is that she doesn't have to dream of dating/marrying such man. If she loves another, who is different from that ideal, than let her love him, don't make conditions such as "if she doesn't end up with our choice than she must not end up with anyone else, but remain unattached Jedi." Rolling Eyes

IMO, the "follow your reason in match-making" vs "follow your heart" is best illustrated in Moulin Rouge's Elephant Medley where penniless writer Obi Wan Christian tries to convince courtesan Satine to stop denying her feelings for him. Satine throws every rational reason why they are the worst match ever but:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:44 am

@vaderito Someone needs to make a Reylo tribute video to this song Very Happy.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:47 am

@vaderito - bingo. And this old quote: "When love is not madness, it is not love."

The thing is, I don't really subscribe to that view in real life, but in fiction it is very true. Fictional romance needs to have an element of "madness" - of daring, risk-taking, being willing to set rational concerns aside - for it to make an impact. Because let's face it, fiction is the only venue where we can truly experience that kind of love in a satisfying manner.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:48 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:@vaderito Someone needs to make a Reylo tribute video to this song Very Happy.

Yes, to whole medley cause the scene is even more epic because the music rises and becomes hymn like at the end, but they don't have a YT clip, just audio:

@Darth Dingbat Absolutely. Fictional romance must be madness. Nobody wants to watch logic and reason on screen, not even agenda pushers. They would be first to nod off during such scenes.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:53 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:@vaderito - bingo. And this old quote: "When love is not madness, it is not love."

The thing is, I don't really subscribe to that view in real life, but in fiction it is very true. Fictional romance needs to have an element of "madness" - of daring, risk-taking, being willing to set rational concerns aside - for it to make an impact. Because let's face it, fiction is the only venue where we can truly experience that kind of love in a satisfying manner.
@Darth Dingbat
Dingle
I disagree....real life romances should be like that too...to make you feel alive, unsure of yourself, bigger than life...raise the stakes...makes lovemaking much better...screw safe I say...sure, they are more likely to bring you heart ache...but sometimes....just sometimes...fortune favours the bold....and you meet a man that is brave enough....I'm an optimist, really Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:55 am

@Arcana In short, as Kylo would say, you know you can love whatever you want. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 7:56 am

Yes! Yes... exactly...Exactly!!! But most men are just to big cowards....some are not, though...
Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:00 am

Arcana wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:@vaderito - bingo. And this old quote: "When love is not madness, it is not love."

@Darth Dingbat
Dingle
I disagree....real life romances should be like that too...to make you feel alive, unsure of yourself, bigger than life...raise the stakes...makes lovemaking much better...screw safe I say...sure, they are more likely to bring you heart ache...but sometimes....just sometimes...fortune favours the bold....and you meet a man that is brave enough....I'm an optimist, really Very Happy

Well, I'm glad to hear it Wink But really, I don't think feeling alive and nervous and expansive is madness; I suppose I was thinking more in terms of "I would fight a hundred dragons for your sake", which is probably a bit impracticable in real life Razz

But I knew a woman who became suicidal after her crush didn't like her back, and I know of a woman who quit her job and moved to the other side of the world just to be with a married man who abused her (and his wife), so I suppose in real life it's a bit easier to see when love crosses over to madness. In fiction, "madness" can be just metaphorical.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:03 am

You have a point there....but them two were really not strong women then....
I am one
I would fight dragons...I would even fly over oceans...and I truly deply hate flying...just like the sand Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:06 am

Even snow can't cool the hottness of Reylo

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_o4xdodJv9m1v7o9alo1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_o4xdodJv9m1v7o9alo2_500

LOl, I just noticed that when Kylo says "he'slike a father you never had...he would have disappointed you", he speaks with signature,crooked Solo smirk.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:07 am

Arcana wrote:

@Darth Dingbat
Dingle

A romantic after my own heart. Very Happy I don't date who's comfortable - that's boring. And yes, lovemaking is much better with the romance that makes you feel alive. This is what makes the entitled "nice guys" jealous I suspect. Women should date them because they're "safe" but they know we long for the passion you can only get with challenge. Sometimes it's even just that the man or woman challenges your way of thinking or you challenge each other to get better at activities but there must be challenge otherwise the relationship stagnates. I like the fanfics where Rey and Ben practice sparring and push each other for this reason - they're equals who are in love and also passionate and alive.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:13 am

Yes...excitment....challenge...equals....but also...surrender...

Taking risks is the ultimate sign of a romantic soul imo....going for what you want...claiming it...her....

I wonder if men lurking this conversation will learn some things....

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:30 am

@Sylvia Snow that was amazing!! Smile
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 03 Apr 2016, 8:34 am

vaderito wrote:Even snow can't cool the hottness of Reylo

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_o4xdodJv9m1v7o9alo1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_o4xdodJv9m1v7o9alo2_500

LOl, I just noticed that when Kylo says "he'slike a father you never had...he would have disappointed you", he speaks with signature,crooked Solo smirk.

I love how we can see his parents in Kylo/Ben. His father's smirk, his mother's dry remarks. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this with his character progression. And Rey's reaction. They're both such strong willed personalities their interactions during a reluctant allies arc would be awesome and hilarious.

And I can't neglect to mention... Oh my, the hotness of those gifs... *fans self*

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next