Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

+50
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Lily Snape
teltaru
nonesuch
jakkusun
soulluos
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
Search Your Feelings
Macha Ren
motherofpearl1
ladyconsular
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
panki
Helix
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
spacebaby45678
Saracene
Armadeus
Little_Boots
Jakku
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Slade
SanghaRen
MissG
Krafty
rey09
EchoBase
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
Mana
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
LadyHa
54 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 26 Jul 2016, 12:18 pm

IoJovi wrote:
vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Saracene wrote:I can understand why they cut little Ben and Snoke from Rey's vision, because it doesn't really fit with the overall portrayal of Kylo in the vision, i.e. threatening and scary. Showing Kylo as a child kinda spoils the effect (of course if Kylo was meant to be plain eeevil you could show him as a creepy child a la Damien, but that's not the case).
@Saracene

Yep, I totally get this too.  While we did see some vulnerabilities in Ben in VII, I think they are waiting to really drum that kind of point home in subsequent movies.
@IoJovi

Because the effect is greater the closer you get to the finale. People tend to forget as the time passes and new information replaces old. Does anyone take issue with Jaime Lainnister pushing Bran off the window? Nope, cause new information replaced that one. So when they finally drop child Ben and creeper Snoke info, people will obsess about that...and pity poor Snoke of course.  Laughing
@vaderito

This is a FANTASTIC example. Love it! cheers
@IoJovi

There is still like 0,0000001 % of GOT fandom that claims Jaime is evil murderer - however nobody listen to them.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 26 Jul 2016, 1:46 pm

Has anyone listened to yesterday s podcast?
I suppose it is mostly about SW celebration.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/episode-140-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 26 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Has anyone listened to yesterday s podcast?
I suppose it is mostly about SW celebration.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/episode-140-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/
@Darth_Awakened

I'm doing some boring sith at work so I'll be listening.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 26 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm

OK, so from 37:42 mark, they talk about the back cover of Aftermath Empire's End and say it shows Rey and I couldn't understand the rest. Can someone transcribe?

other than that, nothing of note. Mostly discussion whether there will be opening crawl. I'm waiting for pod people section.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 5:00 pm

LadyHa wrote:I have been thinking the same thing.  It's hard to imagine an intense scene between these actors coming off well.  I thought that Carrie pulled off stoic sadness fairly well in TFA, but Adam is portraying all these conflicting emotions at once, which is much more riveting.

Actually, I have had trouble concentrating during the TV show Girls because of this as well.  It's kind of like watching an orchestra soloist play with a band that taught themselves how to play on the weekends.  Not that the "band" is bad in any way; just that the skill levels seem distractingly mismatched.
@LadyHa

I've been thinking about this a little and came to the conclusion that any scene beyond "staring at each other for a moment before he runs off" wouldn't go well at all.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Tue 26 Jul 2016, 5:23 pm

I think we can get a good idea on how talented Daisy is and why TPTB chose her since she never gets overshadowed in any of her scenes with Adam.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Tue 26 Jul 2016, 6:36 pm

Irina de France wrote:I think we can get a good idea on how talented Daisy is and why TPTB chose her since she never gets overshadowed in any of her scenes with Adam.
@Irina de France

Well she studied at an elite private school focused on the arts. It'd be quite disappointing if she didn't learn something there. Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Wed 27 Jul 2016, 11:52 am

Irina de France wrote:I think we can get a good idea on how talented Daisy is and why TPTB chose her since she never gets overshadowed in any of her scenes with Adam.
@Irina de France

Daisy was amazing and a great actress for someone relatively new to major films. Instantly likeable. I can't wait to see Daisy and Adam play off of each other in their scenes on Ahch-To. Very Happy
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Jul 2016, 12:16 pm

I strongly recommend everyone listens to this podcast, Rey and Kylo as Adam and Eve: Return to Jedi Eden if you want to know what will happen in the sequels and what Rey's role really is regardless of her parentage. She's Adam.

https://www.mixcloud.com/sw_connection/swc9-rey-and-kylo-as-adam-and-eve-return-to-jedi-eden/

It explains why Rey and Kylo are so special aka the First Couple (the Force is calling to them, more specifically, to come to the specific destination of the First Jedi Temple where the Jedi began, to rise the New Jedi, new beginning) which is unheard of in SW movies. And how their roles will play out, along the new role that Luke now has. pretty much, it explains Star Wars universe and what lies ahead in ST. It sucks that KY10REY's fanfiction soured some fans on Adam and Eve concept but that's because KY was inventing things. Adam and Eve concept is in the movie though it won't play out like KY dreamed it up, lol.

This is the real deal.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Jul 2016, 2:56 pm

I don't know if this is just his own opinion or a scoop or both, but reliable scooper Django Fett has this to say:

Kylo Ren won't die....he'll see the light and come to realise that Snoke has been using him. His mother will be the deciding factor that sends him back to his rightful path just as Anakin's mother's death sent him down the path of darkness.

And, than, there's this:

Everything ive learnt seems very plausible but the rewrite bothers me...

Or even more exciting is if that was the original idea but in the rewrite they changed it to Luke leaving with Kylo and Rey reaching out through the Force and finally confirming she is indeed a Skywalker by contacting Leia? It's a very simple change and wouldn't need to much altering of the filming schedule.

At this time the possibilities are endless until we know more.

What re-write? Also, he was saying that Rey wasn't a Skywalker and that people should stop clinging onto it and now he's saying that she may be?

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:01 pm

vaderito wrote:I strongly recommend everyone listens to this podcast, Rey and Kylo as Adam and Eve: Return to Jedi Eden if you want to know what will happen in the sequels and what Rey's role really is regardless of her parentage. She's Adam.

https://www.mixcloud.com/sw_connection/swc9-rey-and-kylo-as-adam-and-eve-return-to-jedi-eden/

It explains why Rey and Kylo are so special aka the First Couple (the Force is calling to them, more specifically, to come to the specific destination of the First Jedi Temple where the Jedi began, to rise the New Jedi, new beginning) which is unheard of in SW movies. And how their roles will play out, along the new role that Luke now has. pretty much, it explains Star Wars universe and what lies ahead in ST. It sucks that KY10REY's fanfiction soured some fans on Adam and Eve concept but that's because KY was inventing things. Adam and Eve concept is in the movie though it won't play out like KY dreamed it up, lol.

This is the real deal.
@vaderito

This podcast is really well researched and insightful....definitely worth a listen! Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:15 pm

@panki Totally. Different take on SW. very relevant for guessing spoilers.

More confusion. remember the rumor that Luke, Finn and C3PO were looking at the green screen but it was actually just Mark and John? And that Rey was in the holding cell?More talk about changes:

[my source] was 99% certain, this is the same person that showed me a copy of the TFA script over a week prior to release. They told me about Adam Driver being down to go to Ireland. They both were undisputable and proved to be 100% genuine and accurate. That said I hear others on here are confident in the Reddit rumour that it's Finn who is captured and it's a rehashed TESB with Luke, Leia and the Droids that are looking out into space/landscape.

There is another possibility, this was the original ending before the last minute rewrite and it's been 'allowed' to be leaked to me as member of this forum to misinform everyone. I don't know I may be scrutinising this far too much.

It's a huge difference between Finn captured and Rey captured. They cannot re-write one into the other. So I think we just let them fight (scoopers) until real proven sites chime in.

original quote was "Rey is captured by Snoke/Kylo". This is correction:

*I'm told that the end scene was filmed as group, they're standing in front of a green screen so it's not certain they're looking out into space, it could be anywhere. By the fact that Hamill and Boyega had finished around the same time I suggested that they would be joining Daniels in the scene. I don't know who was in the scene, just who was at Pinewood at that time.

*The second was Rey seems to be captured, she's in a holding cell of sorts aboard what was described as a space ship. She isn't carbon frozen nor is Snoke present before anyone says I said that, that are the bare facts as I know them.

I have speculated and theorised how they might be used in the finally if EpVIII was to rhyme with AOTC and TESB. I wouldn't know about imdb, but then a lot of rubbish gets posted there by people, then again some of the rumours ive posted on forums have appeared on MSW so make of it what you want.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:22 pm

vaderito wrote:@panki Totally. Different take on SW. very relevant for guessing spoilers.

More confusion. remember the rumor that Luke, Finn and C3PO were looking at the green screen but it was actually just Mark and John? And that Rey was in the holding cell?More talk about changes:

[my source] was 99% certain, this is the same person that showed me a copy of the TFA script over a week prior to release. They told me about Adam Driver being down to go to Ireland. They both were undisputable and proved to be 100% genuine and accurate. That said I hear others on here are confident in the Reddit rumour that it's Finn who is captured and it's a rehashed TESB with Luke, Leia and the Droids that are looking out into space/landscape.

There is another possibility, this was the original ending before the last minute rewrite and it's been 'allowed' to be leaked to me as member of this forum to misinform everyone. I don't know I may be scrutinising this far too much.

It's a huge difference between Finn captured and Rey captured. They cannot re-write one into the other. So I think we just let them fight (scoopers) until real proven sites chime in.

original quote was "Rey is captured by Snoke/Kylo". This is correction:

*I'm told that the end scene was filmed as group, they're standing in front of a green screen so it's not certain they're looking out into space, it could be anywhere. By the fact that Hamill and Boyega had finished around the same time I suggested that they would be joining Daniels in the scene. I don't know who was in the scene, just who was at Pinewood at that time.

*The second was Rey seems to be captured, she's in a holding cell of sorts aboard what was described as a space ship. She isn't carbon frozen nor is Snoke present before anyone says I said that, that are the bare facts as I know them.

I have speculated and theorised how they might be used in the finally if EpVIII was to rhyme with AOTC and TESB. I wouldn't know about imdb, but then a lot of rubbish gets posted there by people, then again some of the rumours ive posted on forums have appeared on MSW so make of it what you want.
@vaderito
*SHRUG* We'll see I guess. It seems like this guy is confused too, so just let it be for now. Nothing concerning. Rey is not a Skywalker and everybody does need to stop clinging to that theory. A lot of that seems to be personal guesswork/interpretation based on a whole lot of nothing.

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Macha Ren Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:27 pm

whoops wrong thread

Last edited by Macha Ren on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Macha Ren
Macha Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:27 pm

@vaderito

If this happens to be legit I have one burning question:

There are 3 humans on Anch-to + 1 wookie + 1 droid and possibly only one spaceship left i.e. MF.
How the heck they will ended at three different locations by the end of the movie?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:28 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig It seems that he's implying there's a re-write to make her one or he thinks the re-write could do that. It doesn't sound plausible to me cause it's a gigantic change that would have a domino effect. I'm just curious why he's making 180 degree turn when he was adamant that she was not a Skywalker and was quite irritated by people who were reaching to prove that she is.

Also this:

To kill off Luke before the end of IX and have Rey not be his daughter would be utterly pointless, it would serve absolutely nothing to the overall story running through from TPM to IX.

180 degree turn from what he was saying.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:30 pm

Hmm yeah... Am I misreading or does that imply that the 'rewrite' would take Rey and Kylo from unrelated to related? Because LOL, no rewrite is going to fundamentally alter the central dynamic of protagonist and antagonist after the first film has already set the scene.

@Macha Ren Yes, I love the anakin in reverse theory. It's a very simple way to convey the idea of why Kylo is likely being set up for redemption and how TFA shows him at his absolute lowest point. His trajectory can't be darkness ---> even more dark.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Macha Ren Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:32 pm

screw it, I can't find where I was answering anyone, so I'll just repost it

This completely ties in to a theory which I and others have held: that Kylo's life is Anakin's in reverse

Kylo is born an innocent Skywalker; Anakin dies as Anakin Skywalker once again
Ben Solo falls and becomes Kylo Ren, groomed by his master; Anakin is liberated by the light and is no longer a slave to his master
Kylo is entrenched in the dark; Anakin returns to the light the light
Kylo kills his father to appease his master; Vader saves his son much to the chagrin of his master
Kylo plays a role in the destruction of the Jedi School; Anakin slaughters the Jedi youngings
A love interest and that dynamic push Kylo to the light *; The fate of a love interest is the final straw pulling Anakin to the dark
His mother (and/or her death) pushes Kylo to the light; His mother's death pushes Anakin to the dark
Kylo Ren returns to the light and is no longer enslaved by the dark; Anakin Skywalker slowly becomes a slave to his master
Kylo Ren is free to embrace what makes him Ben Solo once again; Anakin Skywalker slowly groomed by his master
Ben Solo is free finally; Anakin Skywalker is a slave yet free from the darkside of the force
Macha Ren
Macha Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Hmm yeah... Am I misreading or does that imply that the 'rewrite' would take Rey and Kylo from unrelated to related? Because LOL, no rewrite is going to fundamentally alter the central dynamic of protagonist and antagonist after the first film has already set the scene.

@Macha Ren Yes, I love the anakin in reverse theory. It's a very simple way to convey the idea of why Kylo is likely being set up for redemption and how TFA shows him at his absolute lowest point. His trajectory can't be darkness ---> even more dark.
@BastilaBey
And it goes against what Daisy said 2-3 times about Rey's backstory not changing from the time she heard it during the filming of TFA to now. Daisy wouldn't lie about that. She wouldn't risk jeopardizing her believability at the beginning of her career, absolutely no way. I think this guy is honestly just confused because he's hearing conflicting information from more than one side. I'm believing Daisy, Pablo, JJ, etc. A change that fundamental would not be "last minute" or "small". It would alter the entire story and every character dynamic. What's done is done. She is not a Skywalker and will never be one.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:40 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Hmm yeah... Am I misreading or does that imply that the 'rewrite' would take Rey and Kylo from unrelated to related? Because LOL, no rewrite is going to fundamentally alter the central dynamic of protagonist and antagonist after the first film has already set the scene.

@BastilaBey
And it goes against what Daisy said 2-3 times about Rey's backstory not changing from the time she heard it during the filming of TFA to now. Daisy wouldn't lie about that. She wouldn't risk jeopardizing her believability at the beginning of her career, absolutely no way. I think this guy is honestly just confused because he's hearing conflicting information from more than one side. I'm believing Daisy, Pablo, JJ, etc. A change that fundamental would not be "last minute" or "small". It would alter the entire story and every character dynamic. What's done is done. She is not a Skywalker and will never be one.
@FrolickingFizzgig

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500

Credit: tumblr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:44 pm

Why do all spoiler roads lead back to Rey Skywalker?! Rolling Eyes

I can never take them seriously when they start bringing Luke being Rey's father into it. Isn't that the Reywalker's wet dream - a last minute rewrite to make Rey a Skywalker and to hell with the rest?

It all sounds bogus to me. This Fett person is going the way of other spoiler leakers. They start off sounding vaguely plausible and then go off into cloud cuckoo land, otherwise known as Finn and Rey must get together and Rey is a Skywalker because Luke!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 27 Jul 2016, 3:47 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@BastilaBey
@FrolickingFizzgig

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mi1mc5jkQd1rqfhi2o1_500

Credit: tumblr.
@AppleCrumble122
LOL that's an amazing gif.

And remember that Pablo supported yet more Reywalker wreckage today via Twitter. Would he be doing that if the story had been changed? No. Would Daisy have said that Rey's backstory was fixed and would never be changed? No.

The fact that they're suddenly implying Luke is going to die too. Like huh? He really seems confused because of conflicting sources. If I had any kind of "insider" information I would be careful about situations like this.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 27 Jul 2016, 4:02 pm

Rian also said at swc future film makers panel that VIII was being written as dailies from TFA were coming in. He wrote the second part of the story based on his understanding of the characters and their dynamics in the first, not with any kind of audience or critic responses in mind. Luke fan wish fulfillment will have no influence on Rey's parentage.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 27 Jul 2016, 4:02 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Why do all spoiler roads lead back to Rey Skywalker?! Rolling Eyes

I can never take them seriously when they start bringing Luke being Rey's father into it. Isn't that the Reywalker's wet dream - a last minute rewrite to make Rey a Skywalker and to hell with the rest?

It all sounds bogus to me. This Fett person is going the way of other spoiler leakers. They start off sounding vaguely plausible and then go off into cloud cuckoo land, otherwise known as Finn and Rey must get together and Rey is a Skywalker because Luke!!!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I don't think he's doing it on purpose. I know for sure that some other reliable scoopers had to backtrack badly because they were ordered. Notice that Bothan Spy has been quiet and sticking with Video game/Game of Thrones threads on Reddit lately. So it seems to me that Django's leaks hit too close to home and he was told to change the tune to confuse what's real and what isn't. he says so that much, that his source may be receiving misinformation.

The re-write from "Rey captured" to "Finn captured" is impossible as is Neywalker to Reywalker. You would have to re-write the whole movie to pull that off plus developments from TFA make Reywalker completely ridiculous. So I think that LF is after aspiring scoopers.

moreover, reliable scooper's silence on VIII spoilers is puzzling. Even MSW is now all R1 although that movie doens't have spoilers to speak of.

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Wed 27 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm

vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Why do all spoiler roads lead back to Rey Skywalker?! Rolling Eyes

@Mrs Ben Solo

I don't think he's doing it on purpose. I know for sure that some other reliable scoopers had to backtrack badly because they were ordered. Notice that Bothan Spy has been quiet and sticking with Video game/Game of Thrones threads on Reddit lately. So it seems to me that Django's leaks hit too close to home and he was told to change the tune to confuse what's real and what isn't. he says so that much, that his source may be receiving misinformation.

The re-write from "Rey captured" to "Finn captured" is impossible as is Rey Neywalker to Rey Skywalker. You would have to re-write the whole movie to pull that off plus developments from TFA make Reywalker completely ridiculous. So I think that LF is after aspiring scoopers.

moreover, reliable scooper's silence on VIII spoilers is puzzling. Even MSW is now all R1 although that movie doens't have spoilers to speak of.
@vaderito

There was also this guy in IMDb who was convinced that Rey is not a Skywalker and he backed off as well. Really curious Wink.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next