Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

+65
soulluos
EchoBase
Man Without A Star
kroi
krissy01
Xylo Ren
BenSkywalker
Marie Ren
Acritiqua
bashfulblueeyes3
Airemyn
Piper Maru
Kessel
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
Tex
TheLastJedi
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
Marchtwin
Cowgirlsamurai
SkyStar
Geralt_Riv
BenOrgana
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
Magnolia_3.0
Krafty
Darth Dementor
DarthRen
MindAndMagic
Maria26
Rimfaxe96
motherofpearl1
Birdwoman
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
reylo1992
Sylvia Snow
Rogue Rey
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
CienaRee
ZenBrainJam
MissG
vaderito
nonesuch
KnightsofReyloRen
Mana
Saracene
Little_Boots
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
Darth Dingbat
snufkin
panki
Helix
Lily Snape
Kyla Ren
ZioRen
Reylo Lemon
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
ISeeAnIsland
69 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by adamdrivershair Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:28 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:Another day, another 4Chan leak. Very Happy

Apparently this guy has a marketing connection. He says that there is no Reylo, but then he says that they are two halves of the force and that their destinies were connected for a long time. Very Happy  Kylo is only "wavering", yet he does meet his mother on the Resistance ship. Luke thinks he's lost his connection to the force, but is almost his old self at the end. Rey is basically a Jedi at the end (Daisy says different). Snoke is a parasite on a Kylo, but is really all about taking out Luke (something like purging the Skywalkers, need to re-read). I can't remember anything else except he admits that he only saw 20% of the movie, and basically that should be enough because marketers had to know what they could or could not do. (Of course, there is no mention of the second wave, post-movie wave of merchandising). However, it's listed under TLJSpoils. I feel like I have seen that name before, unless it's just a general 4Chan thing.

http://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/88424951/i-worked-in-marketing-for-tlj-i-know-some-details
@SoloSideCousin

I love that one person doesn't even respond to his claims, he/she is just like, "Dude, the marketing sucks. Way to go." LOL.
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by nite0wl29 Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:36 am

adamdrivershair wrote:

Apparently this guy has a marketing connection. He says that there is no Reylo, but then he says that they are two halves of the force and that their destinies were connected for a long time. Very Happy  Kylo is only "wavering", yet he does meet his mother on the Resistance ship. Luke thinks he's lost his connection to the force, but is almost his old self at the end. Rey is basically a Jedi at the end (Daisy says different). Snoke is a parasite on a Kylo, but is really all about taking out Luke (something like purging the Skywalkers, need to re-read). I can't remember anything else except he admits that he only saw 20% of the movie, and basically that should be enough because marketers had to know what they could or could not do. (Of course, there is no mention of the second wave, post-movie wave of merchandising). However, it's listed under TLJSpoils. I feel like I have seen that name before, unless it's just a general 4Chan thing.

http://boards.4chan.org/tv/thread/88424951/i-worked-in-marketing-for-tlj-i-know-some-details
@SoloSideCousin

I love that one person doesn't even respond to his claims, he/she is just like, "Dude, the marketing sucks. Way to go." LOL.
@adamdrivershair

It seems every leaker is out to get their few seconds of fame XD everyone's so desperate for new spoilers i guess they think that everyone will believe them. Even if that means contradicting everything that we've heard from the directors/actors themselves
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:44 am

nite0wl29 wrote:
adamdrivershair wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

@adamdrivershair

It seems every leaker is out to get their few seconds of fame XD everyone's so desperate for new spoilers i guess they think that everyone will believe them. Even if that means contradicting everything that we've heard from the directors/actors themselves
@nite0wl29

I don't understand the desire for this kind of "fame." Aren't they just going to look like DBs when the movie comes out and everyone finds out they were completely full of it? What's the point? "I'm feeling lonely tonight. Why not rile up the SW fans?" Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:50 am

was it that bad with TFA? I don't know because I wasn't that invested back then.

They finished the movie a few days ago? I honestly doubt so many people have seen it (even parts of it). And the ones who actually HAS seen it certainly wouldn't deliberately spoil anything. Rolling Eyes
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Oct 2017, 10:56 am

Night Huntress wrote:was it that bad with TFA? I don't know because I wasn't that invested back then.

They finished the movie a few days ago? I honestly doubt so many people have seen it (even parts of it). And the ones who actually HAS seen it certainly wouldn't deliberately spoil anything. Rolling Eyes
@Night Huntress

No, because TFA synopsis popped up in May 2015 on MSW.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:00 am

vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

at the risk of embarrassing myself... but what's MSW mean? Embarassed And was it a leak or deliberate ?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:06 am

I know Rian Johnson has screened The Last Jedi for some of his friends, including director Edgar Wright, and this was before the movie was officially completed. But I seriously doubt any of those people would be Reddit etc leakers.

There are a lot of BS-ers out there, I’m not giving credence to any of them. All I’m seeing is a mix of known spoilers, popular theories and a whole lot of wish fulfilment. Nothing I’ve read from any supposed leaker sounds genuine. I’m expecting The Last Jedi to be surprising and divisive and I haven’t seen anything yet that sounds like something the actors would want to talk to RJ about.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:06 am

Night Huntress wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

at the risk of embarrassing myself... but what's MSW mean? Embarassed And was it a leak or deliberate ?
@Night Huntress

MakingStarWars. It was a super accurate synopsis of the whole movie, somewhat outdated cause some scenes were cut out and others slightly changed but eevrything else, including big moments, was 100%.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:08 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I know Rian Johnson has screened The Last Jedi for some of his friends, including director Edgar Wright, and this was before the movie was officially completed. But I seriously doubt any of those people would be Reddit etc leakers.

There are a lot of BS-ers out there, I’m not giving credence to any of them. All I’m seeing is a mix of known spoilers, popular theories and a whole lot of wish fulfilment. Nothing I’ve read from any supposed leaker sounds genuine. I’m expecting The Last Jedi to be surprising and divisive and I haven’t seen anything yet that sounds like something the actors would want to talk to RJ about.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I'm sure that some general plot spoilers circulate around the industry but details that are posted on 4chan and reddit are BS. If they've heard some general spoilers, they wrote a fanfic around them to appear they know more. That said, this 20% Guy is lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:27 am

vaderito wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

Whoa, whoa, let me get this straight. This guy claims to have seen only 20% of the movie but is 100% sure about everything? No "I haven't seen any scene like that in what was shown to us which doesn't mean it isn't in the other 80% of the movie" caveat? lol! lol! lol! lol!

And, yes, TLJSpoils is the name of another 4chan leaker or it's the same one but forgot that he posted before, lol:

TLJSpoils

Alright [censored] screenshot this post.

Finn has a mission to dig up info on Snoke. He's talking to rich assholes talking up the power and fear the leader of the First Order has totally unbeknownst to Finn and audience these guys are talking about Luke, not Snoke.

Blah blah B story blah blah Finn unwillingly betrays the Resistance by having his brain freakin downloaded.

Luke is straight up evil. No gray. No "he sees chaos as balance" bullshit. He's straight up fallen to the dark side. He's addicted to the power of the dark side and has been manipulating the events of everything since ROTJ

The Knights of Ren were his creation.

Kylo turns to the light when he realizes he's been played.

Kylo and Rey fall in love.

Rey is Emperor Palpatine's granddaughter

Luke reveals a red lightsaber after literally calling lightning down from the sky in a rain storm.

The ghosts of Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin have been trying to warn Rey she's in danger since she arrived. She only hears them right before the big reveal.

That's all from me folks. See you in December!

TLJ is weird because it includes several shots captured with high speed cameras (slow motion for the laymen) and because the film is a whimsical adventure (save for Rose's sister' death) during the first half but abruptly turns dark with themes of a horror movie as soon as Rey kills the monster and regrets it.

She kills it you idiot. She kills it and feels triumphant for about three seconds until its cubs mourn the loss of their mother. It's analogous to how Luke kills her parents and and then discovers they had a small daughter.

Lol the people Luke kills aren't the Knights of Ren. Y'all been kept in the dark

And this **** is wrong again. DJ is rotting away in a prison cell and Finn's mission to find out more about Snoke leads him to busting this degenerate out.

That's a f****ing hint y'all.

Chewie loses arm
@vaderito

This one was also known as the Sloth Anakin leak! Very Happy
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:30 am

I would love to see a comparison of time of these 'spoilers' with the fandom hivemind and how it's changed over time. Because remember all the ones about the Jedi Academy Massacre and Renprenor? Those seem to have faded away, especially now that Reywalker not only looks very unlikely but has been semi-debunked by JJ's gaffe, cast members snark, Bloodline etc. Like it was in the early supposed spoilers but now it's openly joked about and made fun of. Especially by people who 2 years ago were certain that was the story. So expectations feed these 'leaks.' And they got lucky the first time around thanks to disgruntled laid off production team members who likely violated their NDAs.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:36 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

Whoa, whoa, let me get this straight. This guy claims to have seen only 20% of the movie but is 100% sure about everything? No "I haven't seen any scene like that in what was shown to us which doesn't mean it isn't in the other 80% of the movie" caveat? lol! lol! lol! lol!

And, yes, TLJSpoils is the name of another 4chan leaker or it's the same one but forgot that he posted before, lol:

TLJSpoils

Finn has a mission to dig up info on Snoke. He's talking to rich assholes talking up the power and fear the leader of the First Order has totally unbeknownst to Finn and audience these guys are talking about Luke, not Snoke.

Blah blah B story blah blah Finn unwillingly betrays the Resistance by having his brain freakin downloaded.

Luke is straight up evil. No gray. No "he sees chaos as balance" bullshit. He's straight up fallen to the dark side. He's addicted to the power of the dark side and has been manipulating the events of everything since ROTJ

Luke reveals a red lightsaber after literally calling lightning down from the sky in a rain storm.

The ghosts of Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin have been trying to warn Rey she's in danger since she arrived. She only hears them right before the big reveal.

TLJ is weird because it includes several shots captured with high speed cameras (slow motion for the laymen) and because the film is a whimsical adventure (save for Rose's sister' death) during the first half but abruptly turns dark with themes of a horror movie as soon as Rey kills the monster and regrets it.

She kills it you idiot. She kills it and feels triumphant for about three seconds until its cubs mourn the loss of their mother. It's analogous to how Luke kills her parents and and then discovers they had a small daughter.

Lol the people Luke kills aren't the Knights of Ren. Y'all been kept in the dark

And this **** is wrong again. DJ is rotting away in a prison cell and Finn's mission to find out more about Snoke leads him to busting this degenerate out.

Chewie loses arm
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

I love the "Rey and Kylo fall in love" tidbit as much as anyone here, but that entire thing reads of nothing but wish fulfillment.  I also didn't realize the Sloth!Anakin leak came from the same person who INSISTED Luke was the straight up villain.  So yeah, there is that...

I still think it's obvious Luke at this point isn't going to be the same Luke everyone remembers at the end of RotJ, but straight up evil?  I think there's only one character in this entire trilogy who is getting a redemption arc, and it sure as heck ain't Luke!  Laughing

Still, the entire theme surrounding the new trilogy and the supporting canon novels is greyness - nothing is black and white anymore.  I do think Luke was partially responsible for Ben's fall, but it's not something he set to intentionally make happen.  I think Luke thinks of himself as a danger to everyone around him, hence why he exiled himself, and he shoulders the pain of having that responsibility.

Not only is Rey going to be the catalyst for Ben's redemption (him being temped by her light among *ahem*, other things), but I think she is going to help heal the rift between Ben and Luke, judging by the teaser poster from SWC.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:37 am

@snufkin Who exactly is that in your new avatar?  lol!  I'm seeing 1970s Dolly Parton with an Elvis impersonator...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@SoloSideCousin

TLJSpoils

Chewie loses arm
@vaderito

@ISeeAnIsland

I love the "Rey and Kylo fall in love" tidbit as much as anyone here, but that entire thing reads of nothing but wish fulfillment.  I also didn't realize the Sloth!Anakin leak came from the same person who INSISTED Luke was the straight up villain.  So yeah, there is that...

I still think it's obvious Luke at this point isn't going to be the same Luke everyone remembers at the end of RotJ, but straight up evil?  I think there's only one character in this entire trilogy who is getting a redemption arc, and it sure as heck ain't Luke!  Laughing

Still, the entire theme surrounding the new trilogy and the supporting canon novels is greyness - nothing is black and white anymore.  I do think Luke was partially responsible for Ben's fall, but it's not something he set to intentionally make happen.  I think Luke thinks of himself as a danger to everyone around him, hence why he exiled himself, and he shoulders the pain of having that responsibility.

Not only is Rey going to be the catalyst for Ben's redemption (him being temped by her light among *ahem*, other things), but I think she is going to help heal the rift between Ben and Luke, judging by the teaser poster from SWC.
@IoJovi

Sloth Anakin guy is just one of several leakers to straight-up insist that Luke was the villain.

As much as I love the idea, I do realize that it's unlikely, but clearly multiple "leakers" have gravitated towards that possibility as being the big "twist" for TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

IoJovi wrote:@snufkin Who exactly is that in your new avatar?  :lol!:  I'm seeing 1970s Dolly Parton with an Elvis impersonator...
@IoJovi

It is! Cracked me up because I <3 Dolly and her dressing up in a 1970s fat Elvis style jumpsuit with Memphis Mafia sunglasses is another level to how well she plays with image and does it in a way that's self-aware and hilarious. Like Dolly has been so much smarter and funnier about the image and kitsch factor than Elvis ever was (bless his heart). Also you wanna talk about obsessive fans? Elvis had them long before Star Wars ever existed.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40