Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

+65
soulluos
EchoBase
Man Without A Star
kroi
krissy01
Xylo Ren
BenSkywalker
Marie Ren
Acritiqua
bashfulblueeyes3
Airemyn
Piper Maru
Kessel
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
Tex
TheLastJedi
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
Marchtwin
Cowgirlsamurai
SkyStar
Geralt_Riv
BenOrgana
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
Magnolia_3.0
Krafty
Darth Dementor
DarthRen
MindAndMagic
Maria26
Rimfaxe96
motherofpearl1
Birdwoman
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
reylo1992
Sylvia Snow
Rogue Rey
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
CienaRee
ZenBrainJam
MissG
vaderito
nonesuch
KnightsofReyloRen
Mana
Saracene
Little_Boots
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
Darth Dingbat
snufkin
panki
Helix
Lily Snape
Kyla Ren
ZioRen
Reylo Lemon
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
ISeeAnIsland
69 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by IoJovi Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:56 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Oh I see someone had more than a few pints again. lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah I’ve been out drinking all night... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:58 am

IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

@IoJovi

I can get it - I had already my MORNING coffee. Very Happy
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:59 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

@IoJovi

I can get it - I had already my MORNING coffee. Very Happy
@Darth_Awakened

It’s 2am here. I have yet to go to bed... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 01 Oct 2017, 1:13 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Also, I thought I read somewhere that Greg Grunberg wasn't returning for TLJ?
@ISeeAnIsland

Please no Grunberg. He'll always be Ben's goofball roommate from Felicity. Having him turn up as part of Poe's squad, I'm always like "why is Sean in the Resistance? They're gonna lose 'cause he's an idiot." He seems like a perfectly nice person but he was only on that show (and in TFA) because he's the director's childhood BFF.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 01 Oct 2017, 1:54 am

snufkin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:Also, I thought I read somewhere that Greg Grunberg wasn't returning for TLJ?
@ISeeAnIsland

Please no Grunberg. He'll always be Ben's goofball roommate from Felicity. Having him turn up as part of Poe's squad, I'm always like "why is Sean in the Resistance? They're gonna lose 'cause he's an idiot." He seems like a perfectly nice person but he was only on that show (and in TFA) because he's the director's childhood BFF.
@snufkin

Which means that Snap will return for Episode IX! Very Happy Razz
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 01 Oct 2017, 2:02 am

@ISeeanIsland, ugh you're probably right. I guess we can at least be thankful he won't turn up (or Kevin Smith) in a cameo as Rey's dad. Though Keri Russell (who's had the best career trajectory out of JJ's discoveries) would be an inspired choice for her mom. I always rolled my eye over him getting a cameo and then full blown cast member on Felicity because his character was so annoying and useless.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 01 Oct 2017, 2:31 am

snufkin wrote:@ISeeanIsland, ugh you're probably right. I guess we can at least be thankful he won't turn up (or Kevin Smith) in a cameo as Rey's dad. Though Keri Russell (who's had the best career trajectory out of JJ's discoveries) would be an inspired choice for her mom. I always rolled my eye over him getting a cameo and then full blown cast member on Felicity because his character was so annoying and useless.
@snufkin

I can't speak to his character on Felicity because I never watched that show, but I remember liking him well enough on Alias, which I did watch for a couple of seasons.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 01 Oct 2017, 2:57 am

I think Greg Grunberg is in Episode VIII...he talked about how JJ regretted not directing episode VIII after reading the script etc. in an interview with the Washington Post. While I think Snap will have a really tiny role in the movie, it would be strange to write him out if the resistance has lesser people considering he is one of the key pilots, has flown the Millennium Falcon as a kid, and is the resistance's top recon guy.

He is technically the Wedge Antilles of this trilogy.....especially since he is Wedge's stepson in a manner of speaking (since Wedge and Norra got together at the end of Aftermath) and is therefore part of the ST's connection to the OT. Of course they could kill him off in episode VIII in the D'Qar attack but it is unlikely. However, I think Snap's story will be explored in books and comics, where he is already a big recruiter of the resistance, has a pilot girlfriend etc.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 01 Oct 2017, 7:28 am

Tex wrote:
IoJovi wrote:This one had me at “I can feel the girl...”  Laughing
@IoJovi
lol! I also love that Snoke says, then go to her. Loving all these reylo inspired crack spoilers.
@Tex

Snoke's full line: "Then go to her. Love her!" Laughing
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 01 Oct 2017, 8:05 am

It's nice that many fake leakers are acknowledging the fact and importance of dynamic between Kylo and Rey. But they are pushing it too much and too early in some instances. Kiss, from hatred to love in space of one movie, Kylo and Rey being a couple determined to rule the galaxy etc. It all sounds wonderful but from a narrative point of view does not fit into TLJ as second episode of this trilogy (who knows if if we get another movie, Episode IX splitted). That would fit with what exactly Rian Johnson already ruled out, central to the story.

It can happen, but not this early, not so on the nose. Not with Kylo being conflicted with killing Han, Rey understanding The Force, Kylo too and the whole mysterious thing with Luke and Snoke. Most of all, Kylo has to make choices for Rey to consider him more than an enemy, or eventually a friend. He has to make the right choices in her eyes and he has a lot of baggage. IMO Rey will be the catalyst for saving Galaxy by pushing Kylo to do the right thing, not really taking by his hand literally but nudging him towards it. She will not do it fo him, he has to do it and have major say in this, that this redemptioncomes with what he feels in his heart is the right thing = pull to the Light.

There is a lot of work to be done, which is why splitting Episode IX into two parts or simply calling Episode X would work for me. More time, more work for them to make it plausibe, viable and beautiful as it can be. It can also be done in the Episode IX. We got JJ, the original creator of this dynamic. I just as much as these leaks sound good, from what we know highly this way highly implausible with the way they're talking about it. In the end, I hope and think Kylo/Ben will be back on the Light side, suffering with consequences but doing the good in the Galaxy.

He and Rey might be a couple (maybe not a kiss, personally I don't need it for it to be clear), but if in any way, a lot of work before. Leakers means it good,with their fanfic but missing key points here.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:40 am

Please, keep Grunberg's character in the material and far far away from IX! What can I say? I love Felicity, but I have an irrational dislike of Grunberg based on his character in that show. He comes across as a harmless goof and well-meaning guy, but he wouldn't have gotten as far as he's (barely) gotten in his career if not for his friendship with JJ.  And it's really hard for me to be objective about Alias because I tried to give the pilot a fair viewing because it was JJ's follow-up to Felicity. And turned it off before the end because of how it shamelessly ripped off Tom Twyker's Run Lola Run, down to the red wig (come to think of it, Franka Potente would be fantastic if they have somebody show up in a flashback as Rey's mother).

For those of you who are Alias fans, you might want to read Celebrity Gossip Academic Style's inquiry into Jennifer Garner's current career as a staple of the tabloids as an examination of the "good girl" narrative in our culture. The "good girl" is something you hear in comments about how Rey needs to be a role model for little girls,

Anne Helen Peterson wrote:the idea of the “good girl” was one of three ways of controlling women’s submissive place in society. The most extreme and obvious way is through seclusion, in which women are not allowed entrance into the male spheres of society. The second is protection, in which women are allowed access, but only with a male chaperone or guide. The third, Fox argued, is normative restriction, in which women are ostensibly free, but still highly controlled — only the control comes from within, through the internalization of how a proper, acceptable, happy woman should act, look, and speak. And the primary way women have historically and contemporarily restricted themselves is through adherence to the idea of the “good girl.”

While seclusion and protection are generally applied to girls and women only when they become sexually viable, the compulsion toward niceness — and being quiet, cooperative, and controlled — lasts from toddlerhood to death. Girls today may be more publicly involved — in sports, in school government, in class — than when Fox formed her argument in the ’70s, but there’s still an expectation that any sort of activity that is not traditionally feminine should be countered with niceness. It’s okay to be an aggressive soccer player, in other words, so long as you’re not a b**** off the field.

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

I've spotted another Redditor dropping some nuggets than could turn real or could not. He didn't create a thread but drops something here and there in response to "leaks":

https://www.reddit.com/user/HouseBlackAdder

Stuff of note:

Sorry my friend, but Rey is not Skywalker, she was traded for a ship by her parents. We will see this in TLJ. It is a sad scene.
Hux is hurt in an explosion that is a direct result of Finn/Rose infiltration.
Lough Abisdealy was rumored to be a secret filming location for TLJ.
Luke is not going to train Rey at all. One of the TLJ twists.

OTOH, he also believes that KoR are some of Luke's students and that DJ is a KoR (The Monk) cause he has a black ring.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:55 am

vaderito wrote:I've spotted another Redditor dropping some nuggets than could turn real or could not. He didn't create a thread but drops something here and there in response to "leaks":

Stuff of note:

Sorry my friend, but Rey is not Skywalker, she was traded for a ship by her parents. We will see this in TLJ. It is a sad scene.

OTOH, he also believes that KoR are some of Luke's students and that DJ is a KoR (The Monk) cause he has a black ring.
@vaderito

As far as Rey’s parentage goes, that scenario is absolutely plausible. It requires very little exposition and would serve to break Rey’s heart in two. Daisy did say Rey gets emotional wounded.

I think it’s a given that Luke doesn’t train Rey - Rian Johnson has hinted at as much that I don’t even really see it as a twist. I wonder who does though... Shocked
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:56 am

vaderito wrote:I've spotted another Redditor dropping some nuggets than could turn real or could not. He didn't create a thread but drops something here and there in response to "leaks":

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

Well now seriously Reywalkers wouldn't want Luke to exchange his bby gurl for a freakin ship now, would they?!

This has got to be the worst and best speculation of how she ended up on Jakku. Worst because poor Rey! Best because yes to irrelevant parentage!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:04 pm

IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

As far as Rey’s parentage goes, that scenario is absolutely plausible. It requires very little exposition and would serve to break Rey’s heart in two. Daisy did say Rey gets emotional wounded.

I think it’s a given that Luke doesn’t train Rey - Rian Johnson has hinted at as much that I don’t even really see it as a twist. I wonder who does though... Shocked
@IoJovi

If that's how they deal with Rey's parentage, it would be really great. It's shocking and simple.

If Luke doesn't train her than Caretakers could (remember NFJ who are very silent lately). Or Force Ghosts. or Kylo (whether in person or through the Force). Or Snoke. Possibilities are infinitive and much more interesting than Luke doing the training.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:06 pm

vaderito wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

If that's how they deal with Rey's parentage, it would be really great. It's shocking and simple.

If Luke doesn't train her than Caretakers could (remember NFJ who are very silent lately). Or Force Ghosts. or Kylo (whether in person or through the Force). Or Snoke. Possibilities are infinitive and much more interesting than Luke doing the training.

@vaderito

My statement about Rey’s training was tongue and cheek, as it was Kylo who made that great big desperate offer at the end of TFA. Laughing

This doesn’t necessarily make for Rey Random, as her heritage could still be Kenobi, Palpatine or whatever, but it’s still the most plausible one to date.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:09 pm

IoJovi wrote:

My statement about Rey’s training was tongue and cheek, as it was Kylo who made that great big desperate offer at the end of TFA. Laughing

This doesn’t necessarily make for Rey Random, as her heritage could still be Kenobi, Palpatine or whatever, but it’s still the most plausible one to date.

@IoJovi

Teacher!Kylo is my favorite thing ever. lol! lol! lol! lol! rey must be, like, I have a feeling this crazy Prince is gonna follow me, should be flattered or embarrassed or both?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:11 pm

IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

As far as Rey’s parentage goes, that scenario is absolutely plausible.  It requires very little exposition and would serve to break Rey’s heart in two.  Daisy did say Rey gets emotional wounded.

I think it’s a given that Luke doesn’t train Rey - Rian Johnson has hinted at as much that I don’t even really see it as a twist.  I wonder who does though... Shocked
@IoJovi

I hope it's not a scenario where no one trains Rey and she just perseveres all on her own to become a total bad*** by the end of TLJ, because that would definitely perpetuate the Mary Sueness of her character...
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:12 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

As far as Rey’s parentage goes, that scenario is absolutely plausible.  It requires very little exposition and would serve to break Rey’s heart in two.  Daisy did say Rey gets emotional wounded.

I think it’s a given that Luke doesn’t train Rey - Rian Johnson has hinted at as much that I don’t even really see it as a twist.  I wonder who does though... Shocked
@IoJovi

I hope it's not a scenario where no one trains Rey and she just perseveres all on her own to become a total bad*** by the end of TLJ, because that would definitely perpetuate the Mary Sueness of her character...
@Cowgirlsamurai

Hence why she needs a teacher... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 01 Oct 2017, 1:27 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

And there is one candidate. Cool
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 01 Oct 2017, 3:16 pm

DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

@DarthRen

When would said training with "someone else" happen? Episode 9? Because we don't expect any kind of alliance or team up until the end of 8.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sun 01 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Cowgirlsamurai

Rey is a total bad*** at the start of TFA, so I can't really see how there can be an interesting story in her becoming even more bad***. If there's some training or learning involved it has to be from a different angle IMO.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 01 Oct 2017, 3:57 pm

Saracene wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Cowgirlsamurai

Rey is a total bad*** at the start of TFA, so I can't really see how there can be an interesting story in her becoming even more bad***. If there's some training or learning involved it has to be from a different angle IMO.
@Saracene

I'am pretty sure at this point that Rey's potential training we'll be more on the emotional level of challenge than a literal training a la ESB Yoda one.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 01 Oct 2017, 4:16 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

Stuff of note:

@vaderito

@IoJovi

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

@DarthRen

When would said training with "someone else" happen? Episode 9? Because we don't expect any kind of alliance or team up until the end of 8.
@Cowgirlsamurai

For sure Episode 9 but we might get hints of it in TLJ. It would be interesting if Rey was to be trained or better word taught ways of the Force from multiple sources such as Luke, Snoke and Kylo. I think Kylo's ways might be ironically more balanced and not like Luke might be too fanatic on one sie, Snoke on the other. Maybe Kylo is doing clumsy work but means it in the right way. Something that dates back to him and Luke searching for something, when Leia could not find them. I think Kylo and Luke relationship to me is the biggest wild card here. If not TLJ, then Episode IX will touch on this.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 01 Oct 2017, 4:16 pm

The leak about Rey's parentage makes sense to me.
Now, I am curious what Luke is doing in the third act of the movie. I know several leakers say he is the bad guy. But besides him being bad or not. I really wonder if he will even leave Ache to?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next