Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marketing for Episode VIII

+63
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
CienaRee
MyOnlyHope
Atenais
Armadeus
Darth_marshmallow
PalmettoBlue
MrsWindu
Man Without A Star
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
DarthRen
rey09
Camaro
AceofWands
nite0wl29
ZioRen
Mana
Anakin Skywalker
Forsythia
Kylo Rey
reylo1992
Tex
Darth Rowan
tukicarreno
RosiePancake
MissG
SheLitAFire
Moonlight13
adamdrivershair
SkyStar
Kylo Men
Cowgirlsamurai
nemapasara
Night Huntress
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
shii405
Helix
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
Airemyn
Kessel
Jakku
SanghaRen
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
Sylvia Snow
panki
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
vaderito
Xylo Ren
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
snufkin
BastilaBey
Moonjump05
ISeeAnIsland
67 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 3 Empty Re: Marketing for Episode VIII

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 16 Sep 2016, 4:14 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Birdwoman wrote:How have people responded to John's comments about KMT?  I do wonder if they will be in the romantic 'pose' on this poster.  I would think if something romantic happens between Kylo and Rey that will be left as a twist in the movie.
@Birdwoman

If something romantic happens between Rey and Kylo that'll be guarded with their lives. Finntran, however, could get obviously romantic on a poster though I think they won't go Hanleia on ESB or Anidala on AOTC poster with them yet. They'll be likely positioned close to each other a la Han and Leia on TFA poster, kind of a hint but nothing overt.
@vaderito

I like the idea of Finn and KMT's character on the space horse. It could be an action shot with Finn doing his "looking alarmed face" and KMT sat behind him and holding on for dear life! That way there's a hint of romance but it's not a romantic swoon pose.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I love that idea! It was the other way round, though Wink Finn sat behind KMT, holding on for dear life... In one photo, she seemed to have her hand on his face - I can't guess the context of that, though Laughing

@vaderito - do post those photos in the KMT thread!!
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 16 Sep 2016, 5:27 am

panki wrote:1. I think Snoke's head will be a huge shadowy outline right at the top of the poster, with stars, X-wings and TIE lighters dotting his head like a crown. This part of the poster will be dark blue-black.

2. Rey and Kylo will be standing below him. They are the most prominent, are holding lightsabers and staring at one another. This makes it unclear whether Snoke is the cause of their confrontation, or whether they are now allies/LIs.

3. On the lower left, Finn and KMT will be on space horse, with KMT turning her head back and looking as if they're about to kiss.

4. Luke will be standing on the lower right hand corner looking back as if to show his dilemma whether to return or not.

5. The bottom of the poster will be red- orange crowded battle scene between resistance and FO and we can see small images of Leia, Poe, Phasma, Hux, BDT and Laura Dern's character (these 6 appearing is optional since they might crowd up the poster).

Hey, you read my mind, you Kylo! Very Happy Actually I pretty much imagine the poster the same way you do. Snoke in the background as the looming threat. Kylo and Rey HAVE TO face each other. I'd be so disappointed if they don't. It'd be great if they stare at each other but you're not clear what their feelings are. Finn and KMT on that space horse in the lower part: yes! About to kiss: not sure... The rest I agree all.

However, we should not forget that they might have also different versions. And they might have posters with only 1 character or a set of characters to include in magazines and so on.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:34 am

WhatGirl wrote:@vaderito Yeah, thanks to Rogue One (which I can't get excited about to save my life) .
@WhatGirl

Same. I never cared for the Rebellion and I don't care for the heist either. We know how the story ends. They get the plans. Who cares who lives or dies?

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:44 am

vaderito wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:@vaderito Yeah, thanks to Rogue One (which I can't get excited about to save my life) .
@WhatGirl

Same. I never cared for the Rebellion and I don't care for the heist either. We know how the story ends. They get the plans. Who cares who lives or dies?

@vaderito

Bu-bu-but! We want to know all about Jyn Skymom!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:47 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@WhatGirl

@vaderito

Bu-bu-but! We want to know all about Jyn Skymom!
@Rei of Sunshine

Jyn Skymom has beer chats on Caspian. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:58 am

vaderito wrote:
@WhatGirl

@vaderito

Upon my word, I can't understand how anyone could NOT be as excited about RO as I am. It looks so good, and for some reason, I already love all the characters. Basically, I'm already wearing my 3D glasses.

Perhaps I'm just really easy to sell things to.

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_nf3fnhnRIX1r9z4pa
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Fri 16 Sep 2016, 8:56 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@WhatGirl

@vaderito

Upon my word, I can't understand how anyone could NOT be as excited about RO as I am. It looks so good, and for some reason, I already love all the characters. Basically, I'm already wearing my 3D glasses.

@Darth Dingbat

I'm kind of excited to see how Director Krennic will turn out, with that long white majestic cape of his

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 3 Animation

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 16 Sep 2016, 9:36 am

I just wanna watcj because GDI AT-ATs!!!!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:19 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@WhatGirl

@vaderito

@Darth Dingbat

I'm kind of excited to see how Director Krennic will turn out, with that long white majestic cape of his

Marketing for Episode VIII - Page 3 Animation
@Sylvia Snow

Does anyone else see Zoolander here? Just me?
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:06 am

I think it's possible there'll be a teaser trailer for Episode ode VIII during RO. At least I hope there is.

I'm fairly excited for RO, more than I am for most movies (because it's SW), but I'm not near as excited as I will be for Episode VIII.

The only thing I'm kind of not looking forward to with RO is the probable resurrection of Jynmom (even though it's been debunked). We're probably going to see a renewal of comparison gifs and lots of reaching by people trying to ties things together in a desperate attempt to make Jynmom work. That will be a little annoying, but it comes with the territory I guess: Plageuis/Snoke speculation continues after all...
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:55 am

I'll update my marketing chronology list with this as well - track list dropped on Nov 27 2015:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-soundtrack-spoilers/

All track lists drop ahead of movie release and they have pretty spoilerific titles.

I would be more open to R1 if I didn't perceive it as that thing that puts VIII spoilers and news on hold. But the combo of my already low interest in OT era (sorry, prequels of any kind will never get me as excited as moving forward) and everyone holding back news and spoilers is deathly for anticipation. I just want the thing to blow over so we can get VIII stuff.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:02 pm

vaderito wrote:
@WhatGirl

@vaderito

See, I didn't even think of it that way. But yes that also takes away from the suspense and mystery aspect of entertainment. I have seen the trailers and also the billions of screen caps/gifs that are always doing the rounds on tumblr. I am just not interested in any of the characters nor in the story itself. I think the Imperial walkers look cool, but that's not enough to hype me up for the movie itself. Razz

Now, if they went and made a Knights of Ren movie, I'd be camping out on the sidewalk waiting for opening day.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:06 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@WhatGirl

@vaderito

See, I didn't even think of it that way. But yes that also takes away from the suspense and mystery aspect of entertainment. I have seen the trailers and also the billions of screen caps/gifs that are always doing the rounds on tumblr. I am just not interested in any of the characters nor in the story itself. I think the Imperial walkers look cool, but that's not enough to hype me up for the movie itself. Razz
@WhatGirl

Exactly. I've seen all trailers only once out of obligation so that I know what people are talking about. But I don't care to rewatch or spend hours dissecting everything. I don't care for hunting for spoilers either. I do think this will be more appealing to old school fans than new ones. It's a period (OT) that they are nostalgic aboutl plus it appears to be more masculine in concept than TFA. There's only 1 girl - Prince Caspian or whatever her name - and 20 men.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:08 pm

To each their own, but yeah I could care less about RO or the bad guy's cape. Personally TFA was like reading a book where you had low expectations, got sucked in/started to care, and then it ends with a TO BE CONTINUED... So I want to read the next chapter, not a footnote about what happened 30 or so years ago. Especially because the footnote isn't going to be relevant to the stories and characters I want to learn more about.

2nd title in a trilogy always has the semantic structure of a hostile action verb (Strikes and Attacks) and all titles refer to a core event in the story. So they can't mess with that part of Ring Theory or the formula, can they?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:10 pm

snufkin wrote:To each their own, but yeah I could care less about RO or the bad guy's cape. Personally TFA was like reading a book where you had low expectations, got sucked in/started to care, and then it ends with a TO BE CONTINUED... So I want to read the next chapter, not a footnote about what happened 30 or so years ago. Especially because the footnote isn't going to be relevant to the stories and characters I want to learn more about.

cheers cheers cheers

2nd title in a trilogy always has the semantic structure of a hostile action verb (Strikes and Attacks) and all titles refer to a core event in the story. So they can't mess with that part of Ring Theory or the formula, can they?
@snufkin

Probably not but, than, Phantom menace, A New Hope and The Force Awakens don't seem to follow a specific pattern.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:14 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:To each their own, but yeah I could care less about RO or the bad guy's cape. Personally TFA was like reading a book where you had low expectations, got sucked in/started to care, and then it ends with a TO BE CONTINUED... So I want to read the next chapter, not a footnote about what happened 30 or so years ago. Especially because the footnote isn't going to be relevant to the stories and characters I want to learn more about.

cheers cheers cheers

@snufkin

Probably not but, than, Phantom menace, A New Hope and The Force Awakens don't seem to follow a specific pattern.

@vaderito

Isn't PM=guy who becomes the Emperor, New Hope=Luke (and Leia), and Awakens=Rey?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:18 pm

@snufkin Guy who becomes the Emperor doesn't fit with 2 other titles that are about the hero (TFA = Rey, ANH = Luke only cause Leia wasn't his twin at the time)
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:31 pm

vaderito wrote:@snufkin Guy who becomes the Emperor doesn't fit with 2 other titles that are about the hero (TFA = Rey, ANH = Luke only cause Leia wasn't his twin at the time)
@vaderito

So who's the Phantom Menance, cute 'lil moppet who yells yipee! and has a crush on Padme?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:38 pm

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:@snufkin Guy who becomes the Emperor doesn't fit with 2 other titles that are about the hero (TFA = Rey, ANH = Luke only cause Leia wasn't his twin at the time)
@vaderito

So who's the Phantom Menance, cute 'lil moppet who yells yipee! and has a crush on Padme?
@snufkin
I always thought The Phantom Menace referred to Palpatine being a Sith Lord hiding in plain sight/in a position of great power. And the secondary meanings could be the phantom or shadow of the dark side hiding within Anakin and the mysterious figure of Darth Maul.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:38 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig So in that case, Chiasmus would go something like Menace of the Dark Side, Hope of the Light Side and Awakening of the Force in Rey and DS in Kylo (JJ's words). In short, TFA = balance of Menace and Hope. Stretch, I know, but don't know other way of explaining Ring Composition of titles here.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:48 pm

vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig So in that case, Chiasmus would go something like Menace of the Dark Side, Hope of the Light Side and Awakening of the Force in Rey and DS in Kylo (JJ's words). In short, TFA = balance of Menace and Hope. Stretch, I know, but don't know other way of explaining Ring Composition of titles here.
@vaderito

I like that explanation! Although probably at the time of TPM, the only person who really thought about all of the patterns and themes was GL because it was his personal passion project. Also didn't JJ outright say that 'awakens' does refer to both Rey and Kylo and what they got through with the respective sides of the Force?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:54 pm

@snufkin Yes, JJ says that TFA = awakening in Rey and Kylo. It's from the documentary.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 16 Sep 2016, 1:00 pm

Well if JJ said it, that's proof right there to certain quarters that he's just going to get more eeeeevil until Rey and her cute boyfriend Finn kill him and get high-fives from their adopted mom Leia.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 16 Sep 2016, 1:11 pm

snufkin wrote:Well if JJ said it, that's proof right there to certain quarters that he's just going to get more eeeeevil until Rey and her cute boyfriend Finn kill him and get high-fives from their adopted mom Leia.
@snufkin

No, it's mighty bad*** Jedi!Finn and his cute Jedi librarian Rey who may be his girlfriend if he honors her with his attention.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 16 Sep 2016, 1:18 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:Well if JJ said it, that's proof right there to certain quarters that he's just going to get more eeeeevil until Rey and her cute boyfriend Finn kill him and get high-fives from their adopted mom Leia.
@snufkin

No, it's mighty bad*** Jedi!Finn and his cute Jedi librarian Rey who may be his girlfriend if he honors her with his attention.
@vaderito

I initially figured based on marketing that Rey was going to be the stereotypical cute girl sidekick/love interest to either Finn or Poe, where they make her strong and quirky, but only in the service of supporting the dude heros. The whole "Not so great male lead's more competent female sidekick" trope (Leiain the OT is cited as a pretty big example of this type). So from that stereotype, I could easily see that she'd end up the apex of some typical love triangle where Ren gets obsessed with her, she ends up feeling sorry for him, and he ends up sacrificing himself for her while she goes back and ends up with Finn (and in @MeadowofAshes' words, she gets a boring marriage with Finn where the highlight of their week is Netflix). Fortunately because I wasn't interested in the initial hype, I knew going in because of friends' comments that she was the actual heroine and they were doing something a little more creative/satifying with her. But the fanboy scenarios you're joking about, it's because those people totally have their brains set on the whole stereotype I just mentioned.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next