Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

+48
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
Rimfaxe96
Mana
KnightsofReyloRen
Sylvia Snow
Rei of Sunshine
IoJovi
Kessel
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
SanghaRen
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
Kyla Ren
Darth_Awakened
MeadowofAshes
ZenBrainJam
BastilaBey
panki
ISeeAnIsland
Armadeus
Saracene
Xylo Ren
motherofpearl1
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
MindAndMagic
vaderito
Little_Boots
Krafty
LondonGal555
Birdwoman
Helix
nonesuch
AceofWands
WillowMeena
CienaRee
Starchaser
Lily Snape
ReyofLightSide
Jakku
guardienne
snufkin
52 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:25 am

They are calling it lies because they are in the stages of grief, currently: denial
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:37 am

I see celebration is still going

Jumping

Good morning all from Europe.
It is nice to wake up in Reylo reality.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:43 am

I'll get the Blu ray after a shoot, have a listen and if no ones posted more stuff (doubt it though it will be about 7 when I get back) I'll let ya know.

I'm tellin ya, this level of commentary is something I was hoping for on the original Blu Ray

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:46 am

Antis right now;

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 38 151023174.t4tm5pbU
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:07 am

Saracene wrote:@MeadowofAshes I’m in agreement on the Kiss of Life at the end of Episode IX. I tend to think that, if we’re indeed heading for a mutual romance in the trilogy, a kiss in Episode VIII would be too soon. One thing to remember is, our forum here is already extremely sympathetic to Kylo, and I think we’re underestimating how much rehabilitation he needs as a character, as far as the wider audience is concerned. A sympathetic backstory is a good start, but Kylo will need to do something well and truly redeeming, in the end. We compare him to the Beast a lot, but his wrongdoings are way, way heavier than any Beast-type character I can think of (the one that gets to have his feelings reciprocated, that is). All that Beast was guilty of is being a jerk, after all, he didn’t kill anyone let alone his own family.
@Saracene

I think that when we are comparing Kylo to 'The Beast' it isn't because he's now scarred, he was already 'The Beast' before Rey hurt his face.
What makes Kylo a 'beast' is the things he's done- he's currently a 'beast' inside, but buried way beneath the 'beast' of his ruthlessness, his fanaticism, and his terribly misplaced devotion to Snoke is the 'beauty'; his remorse, and the compassion he tries so very hard to crush but manifests itself in his attraction to Rey and his sparing of Finn- probably the best thing he has done.

What strikes me as so sad about Kylo is he seems to have a desperate need for love and acceptance;so desperate he latches onto a young girl who technically is his enemy because he sees himself in her. So just what exactly has caused him to feel so unloved and rejected, when by all accounts his family loved him?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:11 am

Gemini wrote:I'll get the Blu ray after a shoot, have a listen and if no ones posted more stuff (doubt it though it will be about 7 when I get back) I'll let ya know.

I'm tellin ya, this level of commentary is something I was hoping for on the original Blu Ray
@Gemini

I'll have to wait till end of November to get it here. So, im grateful for everyone who posts more stuff.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:01 am

Omg jjs comments  about the ending scene are basically what I've been arguing with reywalkers about for 10 freaking months! I knew I was right, she's using the saber to call Luke to adventure. It's not "DADDY!" It's not that at ALL. It's all about her using the lightsaber to call him onto the quest. That's what her heros journey is abbout in tfa.

" And her face here, this moment, where she’s reaching out to him and finds a strenght and a determination. And Luke, who looks at her, just knowing what it means to accept this plea to come back and help.And we leave them here until Episode VIII.”

Btw someone has the whole commentary here:

http://mummiesandlightsabers.tumblr.com/post/152513318484/jj-abrams-audio-commentary-for-the
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:28 am

Still energized by the news from yesterday. I'll just go ahead and celebrate Reylo confirmation with a friend in a few hours; luckily Bavaria skipped Halloween and instead went directly into Christmas mode meaning the first stands selling mulled wine are out and about. Cool
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:32 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Still energized by the news from yesterday. I'll just go ahead and celebrate Reylo confirmation with a friend in a few hours; luckily Bavaria skipped Halloween and instead went directly into Christmas mode meaning the first stands selling mulled wine are out and about. Cool
@Rimfaxe96

That s clever move.
I celebrated over at forum yesterday evening/night (without Bavaria and anything in that vien lol), now I am feeling like a wreckage at my desk yawning all the time, and can not wait to come home.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:50 am

Happy Halloween!

Antis in Star Wars Halloween costumes react to JJ's comments:

Spoiler:

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:04 am

@vaderito

LOL
I am assuming that all of those nice words are directed to J.J. ?

You forgot this iconic anti:

Spoiler:
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:06 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:@vaderito

LOL
I am assuming that all of those nice words are directed to J.J. ?

You forgot this iconic anti:

Spoiler:
@Darth_Awakened

I just didn't want him to steal the show from his Halloween clad buddies. But now that you mentioned him, hell yeah.

Bonus halloween antis:

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:16 am

Ok this commentary is worlds...WORLDS beyond what I thought we'd get. I'm just now reading the transcription on Tumblr and holy tolito. There's so much i don't even know where to begin.
First of all, they were totally wishy-washy with Rey and Finn's relationship. He said that several times that they were trying to figure out their dynamic. They started shooting before he had even figured out their dynamic! Doesn't sound like a preconceived epic romance to me. Laughing

I love how he says Finn left because of integrity, not the force awakening in him like so many believe. Finn is awesome on his own goodness, not because of the force. It's this type of integrity and goodness that shakes Kylo because he probably only understands good and bad from the perspective of the force. JJ's comment that he wishes people will look at Finn and decide to make the right decision confirms for me that Finn is meant to stay without force powers. Finn is meant to represent one of us.

I love the duality description between Kylo and Hux as a battle between spirit and intellect. That's straight up Star Trek dynamics right there Smile

And "he wants to succeed where his grandfather failed." About killing Han. Darth Vader couldn't kill Luke.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:22 am

Also:
" You’re going to have the bad guy, who’s probably dressed in black. You’re probably going to have a castle, and a prince and a princess, if you’re looking at a fairy tale. We wanted to give these sort of, fundamental, not cosmetic, but, sort of, prerequisite elements. These locations in which we can set our new story and our new characters.”

Star Wars uses fairy tale elements? Uses Western imagery? I AM SHOCKED. It's not like they call their leaders princesses, or use words like knights and castles. I worked at Universal Studios and in their orientation they give a history of the company and mention how George Lucas came to them to produce the first one in '77 but Universal turned him down because they didn't think anyone would be into a story about "cowboys in space". The lady mentioned they're forever kicking themselves for rejecting Lucas, now seeing what an empire it has become.

He says they're FUNDAMENTAL and not cosmetic elements. This is perfect! We were right! They are PREREQUISITES, crucial to the story. None of this is surprising, none of it. cheers
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:22 am

I feel like someone that is trying to catch a moving train, and that trains name is Reylo. There is so much stuff happening it seems
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:22 am

@Xylo Ren

And "he wants to succeed where his grandfather failed." About killing Han. Darth Vader couldn't kill Luke.

That really isn't the same. Parent's bond with a child is stronger than the other way around. It's expected that parent would sacrifice themselves for a child but never the other way around, cause children are continuation. So while it's popular to treat the two situations (Vader and his son, Kylo and his father) as identical, they are not.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:33 am

I also love how he just finished saying they had no idea how to write for Rey and Finn's relationship, but when it comes to Rey and Kylo: "One of the new relationships that we were focusing on was between Kylo Ren and Rey." Hmm, that was your focus now? But just a typical villain hero dynamic right? "We hate each other, die by my sword, cuuuuuuurse yooooooouuuuu!" Right.

And he really tries to drive home that they've never met, he mentions it like twice within the same paragraph.

And of course he says "very interesting relationship" which we've all discussed, and how it no longer is about the droid once he's in her mind and that you "sense something else is going on here." I'm telling you guys, I'm not shocked about any of this because we've already figured that much out...but what I am surprised about is how much he is confirming our observations and interpretations. I really thought it'd be more tight-lipped! silent
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:41 am

vaderito wrote:@Xylo Ren

That really isn't the same. Parent's bond with a child is stronger than the other way around. It's expected that parent would sacrifice themselves for a child but never the other way around, cause children are continuation. So while it's popular to treat the two situations (Vader and his son, Kylo and his father) as identical, they are not.
@vaderito

I'm glad you pointed that out; Anakin would have killed his 'father' figure(ObiWan). Kylo isn't 'worse' than his grandad!

It's funny,but if Anakin's force ghost does make an appearance I'd like it to be to Rey - that he tells her she can save his grandson like his son saved him.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:45 am

Xylo Ren wrote:I also love how he just finished saying they had no idea how to write for Rey and Finn's relationship, but when it comes to Rey and Kylo: "One of the new relationships that we were focusing on was between Kylo Ren and Rey." Hmm, that was your focus now? But just a typical villain hero dynamic right? "We hate each other, die by my sword, cuuuuuuurse yooooooouuuuu!" Right.

And he really tries to drive home that they've never met, he mentions it like twice within the same paragraph.

And of course he says "very interesting relationship" which we've all discussed, and how it no longer is about the droid once he's in her mind and that you "sense something else is going on here." I'm telling you guys, I'm not shocked about any of this because we've already figured that much out...but what I am surprised about is how much he is confirming our observations and interpretations. I really thought it'd be more tight-lipped! silent
@Xylo Ren

Something else is going on here, you say, JJ? Really? What a Face

New relationship? Hmmm....

No, it was all about getting the map!!!! He was just doing his job!!! :raginganti:
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:54 am

@vaderito they're definitely meant to mirror each other.

@iojovi

Love it. JJ is the biggest Reylo fan girl ever. ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 38 Tumblr_o96swy8zQu1v30h62o1_400
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:55 am

Xylo Ren wrote:@vaderito they're definitely meant to mirror each other.

@iojovi

Love it. JJ is the biggest Reylo fan girl ever. ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 38 Tumblr_o96swy8zQu1v30h62o1_400
@Xylo Ren

We all love JJ now Razz
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:57 am

Xylo Ren wrote:I also love how he just finished saying they had no idea how to write for Rey and Finn's relationship, but when it comes to Rey and Kylo: "One of the new relationships that we were focusing on was between Kylo Ren and Rey." Hmm, that was your focus now? But just a typical villain hero dynamic right? "We hate each other, die by my sword, cuuuuuuurse yooooooouuuuu!" Right.

@Xylo Ren

I agree. I am also surprised in a postive way. I thought we would get some more explanation at the moment 8 comes out. Not that early for sure. Because of potential spoilers.

J.J. literally confirmed the meeting of a young women and a "monster" young man in the woods (another trope).
Than BB8 thing - maybe the most exciting bit of this commentary - that was obvious confirmation - that Kylo s interest in droid suddenly was not important at all, and visually it led directly to bridal carry.

I do not wonder why J.J. did not go into the meaning of "You need a teacher" line - because it would be definitely too obvious.

I know that most of us has been dreading about another "ash gate" or "mind rape" but what we got from J.J. is a pure gold.

And we only need the confirmation of the old FOX (JW) lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:59 am

Little_Boots wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:@vaderito they're definitely meant to mirror each other.

@iojovi

@Xylo Ren

We all love JJ now Razz
@Little_Boots

I love how just last week we were all bracing ourselves for sith storm of questionable remarks from JJ, or worse, the second coming of Ashgate with this commentary.

We weren't expecting to be validated and vindicated at every stinking turn. Every. Single. One.

bounce

This couldn't be any more fantastic if it tried.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:01 am

@IoJovi Ashgate is in the commentary. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:05 am

vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Ashgate is in the commentary. Twisted Evil
@vaderito

It is, but it's something we already knew about.  Combine that with the fact the remainder of the commentary points to all the stuff we've been saying since day 1, it had little or no impact.  When I said second coming of Ashgate, I meant some new quote that would jar us, while everything else remains completely ambiguous...

That obviously didn't happen... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next