Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

+48
Reylo Lemon
EchoBase
Rimfaxe96
Mana
KnightsofReyloRen
Sylvia Snow
Rei of Sunshine
IoJovi
Kessel
Darth Dingbat
Gemini
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
SanghaRen
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
Kyla Ren
Darth_Awakened
MeadowofAshes
ZenBrainJam
BastilaBey
panki
ISeeAnIsland
Armadeus
Saracene
Xylo Ren
motherofpearl1
ZioRen
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
MindAndMagic
vaderito
Little_Boots
Krafty
LondonGal555
Birdwoman
Helix
nonesuch
AceofWands
WillowMeena
CienaRee
Starchaser
Lily Snape
ReyofLightSide
Jakku
guardienne
snufkin
52 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by guardienne Tue 18 Oct 2016, 11:49 am

@ZioRen

oh god, i'm sometimes so slow with these things. it took me months to work that out actually Razz

but yeah, i think for reasons of being able to pretty much kill han from a distance in a myriad ways and han being powerless in front of his son ... the bridge is all about dramatic backdrops. maybe he felt that he needed more audience.

but seriously, in the light of han's powerlessness, maybe this is why he hands over his sabre. i'm still confused about that.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 18 Oct 2016, 12:11 pm

I have the feeling that right until the very end he really didn'tknow what he was going to do

What always makes me sad is the weird look on his face when Han strokes his cheek....as if affection and human contact weren't things he was used to.
That scene would never have had the same impact if not for that........ Triste
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:10 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have the feeling that right until the very end he really didn'tknow what he was going to do

What always makes me sad is the weird look on his face when Han strokes his cheek....as if affection and human contact weren't things he was used to.
@motherofpearl1

That's the impression that I got. Watching Adam's facial expressions during that scene, I really think that he was leaning towards going home with Han (hence handing over the saber) up until the moment that the sun went out and he ignited the saber.

Darth_Awakened wrote:Something just crossed my mind, after JJ yesterday s comment:

What would happened if Kylo saw Rey looking at them from above before he murdered Han?
@Darth_Awakened

If Kylo knew that Rey and Chewie were watching him, I think things might have turned out very differently.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm

They are going to release the Rey-Plutt scene, which at least would've solidified that Chewie really does like her. Will be interesting if they ever bring Plutt back* to continue acting like an evil Victorian orphanage/workhouse master towards her, my guess is that it won't be Chewie who intervenes

* he has to come back, right? He was in the Force Back scene, so that's a loose end likely for IX.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:33 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:I have the feeling that right until the very end he really didn'tknow what he was going to do

@motherofpearl1

That's the impression that I got. Watching Adam's facial expressions during that scene, I really think that he was leaning towards going home with Han (hence handing over the saber) up until the moment that the sun went out and he ignited the saber.

Darth_Awakened wrote:Something just crossed my mind, after JJ yesterday s comment:

What would happened if Kylo saw Rey looking at them from above before he murdered Han?
@Darth_Awakened

If Kylo knew that Rey and Chewie were watching him, I think things might have turned out very differently.
@ISeeAnIsland

Agree. I thought it as well
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:42 pm

The whole confrontation between Han and Ben (which makes it even more interesting being written by a father and son) and Daddy Issues for the ST has to do with the differences in temperament and examples of masculinity. Because Han's venerated for being a man's man in the stoic and “stand up and be a man” sense. Same goes for OT version of Grandpa Vader. Whereas you can tell that Ben sans mask, especially once he first gets around Rey, is likely not that way at heart, he's more vulnerable and sensitive. Of course the irony is that he and Han share that quality ("weak and foolish") - which again, it also comes out in Han from his brief friendship with Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Tue 18 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:http://makingstarwars.net/2016/10/a-clip-from-j-j-abrams-star-wars-the-force-awakens-3d-commentary/

a sneak peek at JJ's commentary for TFA!

JJ wrote:People have asked me if I think that Kylo Ren was just playing with him the whole time, if he meant to kill him from the beginning. And the truth is, I think, that Kylo Ren in this moment is actually being convinced to walk away from this. Snoke is, as Han says, using him, and I think that somewhere Ben knows this, but I think he can’t accept it. Deep down, he has gone too far.
@BastilaBey

I appreciate him squelching that "luring" nonsense, but I want to hear what he says after that bit. I didn't even know we were getting a commentary this early. Disney's just going to keep getting more of my money. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

It was in the adult novelization that Kylo "lured" Han to him telekinetically prior to killing him.  That never sat right with me.  In the movie, he's walking in the opposite direction of Han, and knowing he can sense his presence, it's gotta be on purpose.  He's trying to avoid this meeting if possible, while at the same time, not angering Snoke.

The fact that the story group admitted they never read the novelization is very telling.
@IoJovi

Was the luring telekinetically part from the hardcopy version of the novelization?  The reason I ask is that I just went back to read that part of the Kindle edition (it's been months since I've read it and I don't remember all the details), but I couldn't find any mention of it.  I'm really starting to think that the hardcopy and Kindle versions are very different because there have been other discrepancies between the two that I didn't know about until I read about them here.
@Kyla Ren

Yeah, I also have the Kindle version of the novel and I can't find any reference to Kylo luring Han to the bridge. Although in the movie, Kylo didn't lure Han so it's not canon. I have also never heard that the hard copy of the novel differs from the Kindle edition. In what other ways do they differ?

I don't think the backstory will be that Ben was kidnapped by the KOR (although this may have been the story at some point according to the old spoilers that Ben disappeared). Ben committed the massacre as an adult so I doubt there was a kidnapping. I think if he had been kidnapped, the conversation between Leia and Han in TFA would have been different. It also doesn't really fit with Han saying Ben had too much Vader in him.

Currently, I believe the story will be similar to what is "implied" in TFA and the adult novel.  Ben was probably influenced and manipulated by Snoke since childhood (in person and telepathically). Leia knew Snoke was around and saw he was getting close to Ben, although I don't know if she knew at the time how dangerous Snoke was. Ben apparently developed some issues he struggled with (maybe at puberty because he was a normal little boy according to Bloodline) and was sent to Luke to learn to develop and deal with his Force powers.  Snoke must have continued his influence or came back and this finally accumulated in Ben making terrible decisions based on his own beliefs which were greatly shaped by Snoke. I think the Vader reveal may be the straw that broke the camel's back in more than one way.

In the adult novel, it indicates Han was surprised to hear of Snoke's influence and I'm curious if that is canon because the movie is more ambiguous about it (this could be interpreted as true or not in the movie).
@Kessel89

I went back and checked the posts from a few months ago where the hardcopy/Kindle difference was discussed, and actually, I made a mistake.  It wasn't the ADF book, it was the junior novelization.  It has a passage about how Rey has a dream when she is still on Jakku.  She's in her AT-AT with BB-8 and she hears a voice saying that they'll come back for her.  She's heard the voice before, but it seems to come to her randomly.  But in the Kindle edition, it just skips from the part where Phasma tells Finn to report to her division to the part where Kylo is going in to interrogate Poe.  Rey's dream in her AT-AT seems to have been omitted from the junior Kindle edition completely for some reason.  Thanks again to @salmund for finding the passage in the hardcopy. Smile

As for any other discrepancies between the hardcopy and Kindle editions, I might be misremembering.  I thought there was something else, but doing a search back through the posts I think I might have been mistaken.  Sorry for any confusion.

At this point I'm not sure what to think about Kylo's backstory.  I guess it's possible he could have been kidnapped or something.  There are so many theories and possibilities.  I just hope that whatever his backstory turns out to be that they make it so that the GA and everyone else will be rooting for his redemption.  I just wish these movies weren't being released so far apart.  I can't wait. Sad
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Oct 2016, 12:10 am

I don't know if anyone here has ever read Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' novels but they featured a group of female torturers known as the 'Mord Sith'. When they were first introduced they came across as 'baddies' of the vilest kind, cruel sadists taught in the ways of pain.

But then it was revealed they were little girls abducted at childhood and subjected to horrific sexual,psychological and physical abuse over a period of years into becoming what they were. Goodkind's novels are very 'adult', and I doubt if SW would ever go that far regarding what happened to Kylo,but I can't help but notice certain parallels in that like him they were first shown as brutal torturers and then later on discovering their history your opinion of them did a complete flip. What is interesting is that their 'final test' in becoming Mord Sith was to kill their fathers.
Most of them were redeemed; they became the hero's bodyguards and his friends.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Wed 19 Oct 2016, 12:14 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I don't know if anyone here has ever read Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' novels but they featured a group of female torturers known as the 'Mord Sith'. When they were first introduced they came across as 'baddies' of the vilest kind, cruel sadists taught in the ways of pain.

But then it was revealed they were little girls abducted at childhood and subjected to horrific sexual,psychological and physical abuse over a period of years into becoming what they were. Goodkind's novels are very 'adult', and I doubt if SW would ever go that far regarding what happened to Kylo,but I can't help but notice certain parallels in that like him they were first shown as brutal torturers and then later on discovering their history your opinion of them did a complete flip. What is interesting is that their 'final test' in becoming Mord Sith was to kill their fathers.
Most of them were redeemed; they became the hero's bodyguards and his friends.
@motherofpearl1

Is that the one with the evil chicken?
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Oct 2016, 12:14 am

Yes!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam Wed 19 Oct 2016, 2:27 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Irina de France wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

That's a really interesting thought! Actually, if you look at the scene, I've noticed that Rey's attention is completely on Kylo during the entire scene. She looks nervous, but also... she actually looks hopeful. And if you pay close attention, Kylo's eyes sometimes quickly flicker towards Rey. One can wonder why...

So I really believe one of the reasons why Rey's reaction to Kylo after him killing Han is so strong is because she has seen his fears. It's heavily hinted she's seen more than "you're afraid of not being as strong as Darth Vader". So I think Rey really had high hopes of Kylo eventually coming to realize he has to leave the FO and go back to his family, because she can see a similar sense of abandonment to hers in him. And heavens know Rey's biggest dream is to find her family again. So when Kylo kills Han, she simply doesn't understand, and it angers her.

It's really not a coincidence if Rey is literally standing in a ray of light above and shining directly towards Kylo and Han.
@Irina de France

I am pretty much sure that Kylo is absolutely unaware of Rey s (and Finn s and Chewie s btw) presence before she screamed.
@Darth_Awakened

Totally agree, the scene between Han and Kylo Ren is a private, intimate, sorrowful moment between them. Kylo would have done different things knowing that there were witnesses. Probably he would have killed Han showing no remorse at all, because he would have felt the need to show his darkness in front of Finn and Rey. He want to mantain a strong evil facade afterall.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 19 Oct 2016, 3:06 am

ZenBrainJam wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Irina de France wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

That's a really interesting thought! Actually, if you look at the scene, I've noticed that Rey's attention is completely on Kylo during the entire scene. She looks nervous, but also... she actually looks hopeful. And if you pay close attention, Kylo's eyes sometimes quickly flicker towards Rey. One can wonder why...

So I really believe one of the reasons why Rey's reaction to Kylo after him killing Han is so strong is because she has seen his fears. It's heavily hinted she's seen more than "you're afraid of not being as strong as Darth Vader". So I think Rey really had high hopes of Kylo eventually coming to realize he has to leave the FO and go back to his family, because she can see a similar sense of abandonment to hers in him. And heavens know Rey's biggest dream is to find her family again. So when Kylo kills Han, she simply doesn't understand, and it angers her.

It's really not a coincidence if Rey is literally standing in a ray of light above and shining directly towards Kylo and Han.
@Irina de France

I am pretty much sure that Kylo is absolutely unaware of Rey s (and Finn s and Chewie s btw) presence before she screamed.
@Darth_Awakened

Totally agree, the scene between Han and Kylo Ren is a private, intimate, sorrowful moment between them. Kylo would have done different things knowing that there were witnesses. Probably he would have killed Han showing no remorse at all, because he would have felt the need to show his darkness in front of Finn and Rey. He want to mantain a strong evil facade afterall.
@ZenBrainJam

I tend to see it in a bit different way.
I agree that the reaction (i.e. killing Han immidiately) would be more probable in front of a couple of FO officers/random stormtroopers.
However, I am not sure if it would end in similar way if he had spotted Finn and Rey.

He already is in established conflict with both.
Finn - obvious reasons
Rey - she turned the table during the interrogation, however there was a compassion thing from him which helped her to enter his mind and learn the truth about his deepest fear. And do not forget there was that impression of Ren trying to impress Rey with imperial archves blabbing.
I think that Ren s feelings toward Rey are already "conflicted" and she is definitely not a one-sided enemy to him.

When you add this to all his inner conflict surrounding Han - somehow I think Ren would break down completely.
Maybe I am seeing too much - and you are right.
One thing is pretty certain we ll never know.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Oct 2016, 6:33 am

It's interesting how when he looks at both of them he seems almost upset.... as if he didn't like Rey seeing what he did or something....but then his whole expression changed when he saw Finn!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 19 Oct 2016, 10:45 am

@echobase I really like that shot Ava suggested. Glad JJ didn't shy away from showing Rey's own viciousness when it came to her kicking Kylo's a**.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 19 Oct 2016, 10:52 am

Which is why it makes me mad when they call her a 'Mary Sue'; Rey is another damaged soul. Just exactly what Kylo has gone through we have no idea,but Rey was dumped on a desert planet when little more than a baby and practically had to raise herself. Her anger may not be as obvious as Ren's - but it's there.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 19 Oct 2016, 10:52 am

BastilaBey wrote:@echobase I really like that shot Ava suggested. Glad JJ didn't shy away from showing Rey's own viciousness when it came to her kicking Kylo's a**.
@BastilaBey

Cool article.  I was HOPING we would get JJ to elaborate on why that scene is also sexually suggestive, in addition to being Rey's 'self reflective' moment, but I suppose we can't have everything...  Laughing

@motherofpearl1 Right? I hold "Rey is a Mary Sue" right up there with "Rey and Kylo are cousins." Blaghh...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:19 am

IoJovi wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@echobase I really like that shot Ava suggested. Glad JJ didn't shy away from showing Rey's own viciousness when it came to her kicking Kylo's a**.
@BastilaBey

Cool article.  I was HOPING we would get JJ to elaborate on why that scene is also sexually suggestive, in addition to being Rey's 'self reflective' moment, but I suppose we can't have everything...  Laughing

@motherofpearl1 Right?  I hold "Rey is a Mary Sue" right up there with "Rey and Kylo are cousins."  Blaghh...  
@IoJovi

LOL, you can't have this quote:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 20 5fNK1tR

every single time. Especially since he must be aware how iconic it has become since he said it. Twisted Evil

Oh, and lets not forget Daisy's interview with facebook:

“…and especially that moment, with me and Adam, when we were just doing that moment when we’re (gestures with her hands, the lightsabers locking) …beckoning…finding the Force or whatever.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 20 Image11

I shouldn’t say that. Or whatever. Yeah, finding the Force, because I don’t know how to describe it. And you can feel the light. And it is that…it is that amazing thing, that you’ve come to know these two colors as representing these two things…”

Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:29 am

@vaderito Thank you for the brilliant reminder. Yes, there are those two little items that I cherish with all my heart.... Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:33 am

IoJovi wrote:@vaderito Thank you for the brilliant reminder.  Yes, there are those two little items that I cherish with all my heart.... Laughing
@IoJovi

Those 2 comments will never get old because they are the essence of that scene. I'm sure that some people will pretend that those quotes mean nothing but, like I said, they can only pretend. The quotes exist because they are about the movie.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:45 am

vaderito wrote:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 11 - Page 20 5fNK1tR

every single time. Especially since he must be aware how iconic it has become since he said it. Twisted Evil

@vaderito

I've always wondered what made this quote so important to Reylo shippers. To me, it seems like a very basic description of what happened. Could you explain how you read it?

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:52 am

teltaru wrote:
vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

I've always wondered what made this quote so important to Reylo shippers. To me, it seems like a very basic description of what happened. Could you explain how you read it?
@teltaru

because this quote has an ambiguous meaning Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:52 am

@teltaru "She sort of lets it in" means that she let in both the Force and him (cause context is that she closed her eyes and he was looking at her, was there with her). Now, it would've been a possible stretch had it not been for Daisy's quote:"when we were finding the Force or whatever." It's the same thing. It's 2 of them finding the Force "or whatever". Oops. She acted like "whatever" was a slip of some kind. But anyway, the scene isn't Rey finding the Force by herself but together with Kylo, "sort of lets it [him] in".
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 19 Oct 2016, 12:02 pm

IoJovi wrote:@vaderito Thank you for the brilliant reminder. Yes, there are those two little items that I cherish with all my heart.... Laughing
@IoJovi

Joining in thanking. Forgot completely about Daisy.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Wed 19 Oct 2016, 12:16 pm

vaderito wrote:@teltaru "She sort of lets it in" means that she let in both the Force and him (cause context is that she closed her eyes and he was looking at her, was there with her). Now, it would've been a possible stretch had it not been for Daisy's quote:"when we were finding the Force or whatever." It's the same thing. It's 2 of them finding the Force "or whatever". Oops. She acted like "whatever" was a slip of some kind. But anyway, the scene isn't Rey finding the Force by herself but together with Kylo, "sort of lets it [him] in".
@vaderito

Yeah I get how Daisy's comment can be interpreted as a slip, I agree that her reaction sounds suspicious, although she doesn't say "together" as it is sometimes misquoted. Not really seeing the "let him in" part, but thanks for elaborating.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next