Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

+59
Rogue Rey
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
MoonlitMoss
Armadeus
Airemyn
Lily Snape
AceofWands
Jakku
Birdwoman
Helix
ladyconsular
Reynak
Macha Ren
Darth Rowan
CienaRee
Rimfaxe96
guardienne
SoloSideCousin
Little_Boots
rey09
ZenBrainJam
soulluos
MyOnlyHope
MindAndMagic
BenRey
reylo1992
Mana
Krafty
Sylvia Snow
Moonjump05
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
SanghaRen
Kessel
Reylo Lemon
Marchtwin
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
panki
Darth_Awakened
LondonGal555
snufkin
EchoBase
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
Irina de France
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Rei of Sunshine
spacebaby45678
BastilaBey
MeadowofAshes
creepi0
Gemini
ZioRen
IoJovi
Xylo Ren
Darth Dementor
63 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by Irina de France Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:18 pm

Gemini wrote:Well fine but my back would not be up had I not seen a snide comment about how I supposedly think the trick is drawn from kenobi.

Never said that in here, not once!

Constantly said that it needs to come from her in all of my responses about it in here.

Done with having words shoved into my mouth.

@Gemini

Jeez, no one mentioned you in that. But I did see that theory going around on Tumblr (about Rey being good with Force tricks because Obi's her grandpa). I don't want to start a fight here, but jeez, there's no point in making it personal every time someone talks about the Kenobi theory in a way you don't like.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm

Let's take it down a notch, guys. Anytime the surname of Kenobi pops up, things get heated, and it's been like this for many months. Please let things cool down, and take it up again another day. Thanks for understanding.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:24 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:

But you never did answer where you think Rey got the mind trick from? I'm genuinely curious to know. If she didn't learn it from Kylo, where did she learn it?
@Darth Dingbat

I did, I agreed that the knowledge of the trick comes from kylos noggin. Of course he would know about it. I just don't personally think he can do it successfully based off of how he has to use other methods to stop people moving or gain info.

You don't see him attempt or do this trick, not once.  So it purposely comes completely out of the blue when rey does it.[/quote]
[/quote]
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

IoJovi wrote:Let's take it down a notch, guys. Anytime the surname of Kenobi pops up, things get heated, and it's been like this for many months. Please let things cool down, and take it up again another day. Thanks for understanding.
@IoJovi

When it pops up laced with sarcasm, as an assumption and as a snide remark. Is when I get heated about it.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o43q8qvNee1v4q2hwo1_1280

"This now becomes the first time that you see who’s behind the mask. And because of Vader, I think you expect him to need the mask. That, like Vader, it’s some kind of breathing apparatus, some sort of necessity. But when his mask comes off, you see Adam Driver, and he just looks like a sort of prince. And it makes no sense. Why would he wear a mask?" - JJ Abrams

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 E6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:30 pm

How do we know that Rey got the trick from Kylo's head? That is not what JJ actually said.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:31 pm

Gemini wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Let's take it down a notch, guys. Anytime the surname of Kenobi pops up, things get heated, and it's been like this for many months. Please let things cool down, and take it up again another day. Thanks for understanding.
@IoJovi

When it pops up laced with sarcasm, as an assumption and as a snide remark. Is when I get heated about it.
@Gemini

Let's drop it. Please.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:33 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:How do we know that Rey got the trick from Kylo's head? That is not what JJ actually said.
@spacebaby45678

It's essentially what Pablo said and JJ's commentary kind of backs it up.

Gemini wrote:

Darth Dingbat wrote:

But you never did answer where you think Rey got the mind trick from? I'm genuinely curious to know. If she didn't learn it from Kylo, where did she learn it?
@Darth Dingbat

I did, I agreed that the knowledge of the trick comes from kylos noggin. Of course he would know about it. I just don't personally think he can do it successfully based off of how he has to use other methods to stop people moving or gain info.

You don't see him attempt or do this trick, not once.  So it purposely comes completely out of the blue when rey does it.

@Gemini

It doesn't come out of the blue just because Kylo doesn't do it. It's a really well known Force power and one of the ones that normal audiences would recognize and remember. I really highly doubt Kylo not doing it means anything, especially considering he's notably good at messing with minds.

Last edited by ZioRen on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

ZioRen wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:How do we know that Rey got the trick from Kylo's head? That is not what JJ actually said.
@spacebaby45678

@ZioRen

Actually it doesn't in my opinion, Pabs & JJ are contradicting each other, at this point accepting that Pabs is frequently wrong, or actually misdirecting should be obvious

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm

@BastilaBey Prince Kylo breathing:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvyrqAi6Y1rszoo3o1_r2_400

H-beating H-beating H-beating
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:36 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@ZioRen

Actually it doesn't in my opinion, Pabs & JJ are contradicting each other
@spacebaby45678

You're going to have to explain that one. I see no contradiction, one is just more on the nose and one is more broad. And Pabs has yet to outright lie about anything.

Last edited by ZioRen on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:37 pm

vaderito wrote:@BastilaBey Prince Kylo breathing:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofvyrqAi6Y1rszoo3o1_r2_400

H-beating H-beating H-beating
@vaderito

I could suck on those lips for hours... Laughing

Did I just really type that? Seriously though - those should be illegal...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:38 pm

@vaderito MMhmmm (whatcha say, antis?)

More Prince Ben Organa Solo

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o97mhnQOVf1tikb42o1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o6o24o69ll1rszoo3o2_r1_400

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o5yajksq1n1u5c3gso1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_ocaru2HEV71td23y2_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_static_b49gl93ne1sgos0kwgookccw8
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:41 pm

ZioRen wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@ZioRen

@spacebaby45678

You're going to have to explain that one. I see no contradiction, one is just more on the nose and one is more broad. And Pabs has yet to outright lie about anything.
@ZioRen

JJ never once says Rey got the idea of the Jedi Mind Trick from Kylo, what he says is that she experienced her own force power while mentally battling Kylo, and that she believes she can exercise that power over the weaker mind of a stormtrooper...and Pabs said MAYBE Rey got it from Kylo... .there was never a definitive answer from him.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofx5rlQhaf1v3o2r3o1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:42 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito MMhmmm (whatcha say, antis?)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o97mhnQOVf1tikb42o1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o6o24o69ll1rszoo3o2_r1_400

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_o5yajksq1n1u5c3gso1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_ocaru2HEV71td23y2_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_static_b49gl93ne1sgos0kwgookccw8
@BastilaBey

Antis: EWW THATS NOT A PRINCE. THAT'S A MONSTER! HE'S NOT A BEAST BECAUSE BATB IN ACTLY FINRY. BUT HES A MONSTER!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm

Prince is as Prince does. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:46 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@ZioRen

@spacebaby45678

@ZioRen

JJ never once says Rey got the idea of the Jedi Mind Trick from Kylo, what he says is that she experienced her own force power while mentally battling Kylo, and that she believes she can exercise that power over the weaker mind of a stormtrooper...and Pabs said MAYBE Rey got it from Kylo... .there was never a definitive answer from him.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ofx5rlQhaf1v3o2r3o1_400
@spacebaby45678

That's not a contradiction, really. One could easily follow the other. Though I agree that JJ doesn't suggest she learned anything specifically from Kylo's mind.

I still like the idea that she got the idea of it from Kylo because it cuts down the "Mary Sue". But I've also said that if this was the intention, the movie didn't portray it well at all to the point where it feels like excuse-making in the aftermath.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito MMhmmm (whatcha say, antis?)

@BastilaBey

Antis: EWW THATS NOT A PRINCE. THAT'S A MONSTER! HE'S NOT A BEAST BECAUSE BATB IN ACTLY FINRY. BUT HES A MONSTER!
@Rei of Sunshine

Those are great picks, AD has some resemblance to my husband Smile He is not as tall though
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:00 pm

ZioRen wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Gemini wrote:

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

You don't see him attempt or do this trick, not once.  So it purposely comes completely out of the blue when rey does it.

@Gemini

It doesn't come out of the blue just because Kylo doesn't do it. It's a really well known Force power and one of the ones that normal audiences would recognize and remember. I really highly doubt Kylo not doing it means anything, especially considering he's notably good at messing with minds.
@ZioRen

It is the only time you see the mind trick in the New trilogy, im confident that was a conscious decision from jj. He chooses not to have kylo do this or attempt this trick at all in tfa. Instead he uses it as a call back. Right down to the camera angles and use of the trick mimicking anh. its not designed to make the audience instantly think "that's kylos trick" that's not to say that kylo having the knowledge doesn't help to fill in the plot hole later though. It does fill in the explanation as to why she knows about it suddenly.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:02 pm

I don't understand why this whole thing is argued about in the first place. Either TFA did show some semblance of a mysterious and hitherto-unexplored-in-canon Force bond, in which case => we will find out about it, and it will play into the plot of VIII and IX, somehow.

Or, Rey's sudden power-up will never be properly explained, in which case => we can debate it till the cows come home and it won't make any difference.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

It happened because lines got crossed and because I 100 disagree that jj doesn't differentiate between mind control and mind reading. Tfa portrays them quite clearly as two completely different force powers. You couldn't really visually make it any clearer.

Last edited by Gemini on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:07 pm

Gemini wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Gemini wrote:

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@ZioRen

It is the only time you see the mind trick in the New trilogy, im confident that was a conscious decision from jj. He chooses not to have kylo do this or attempt this trick at all in tfa. Instead he uses it as a call back. Right down to the camera angles and use of the trick mimicking anh. its not designed to make the audience instantly think "that's kylos trick" that's not to say that kylo having the knowledge doesn't help to fill in the plot hole later though. It does fill in the explanation as to why she knows about it suddenly.
@Gemini

A callback to what? Other Jedi using the mind trick? Well, yes because they assume the audience knows what that is. I still don't think Kylo not doing it in this particular movie means anything.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:07 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I don't understand why this whole thing is argued about in the first place. Either TFA did show some semblance of a mysterious and hitherto-unexplored-in-canon Force bond, in which case => we will find out about it, and it will play into the plot of VIII and IX, somehow.

Or, Rey's sudden power-up will never be properly explained, in which case => we can debate it till the cows come home and it won't make any difference.
@Darth Dingbat

Rey's power-up is explained as the Awakening. That may not be satisfying but it is an explanation, and they can still explain what awakening is. Why the Force awakened in Rey and the Dark Side in Kylo? Why there are 2 awakenings? What is the significance? So since both Rey and Kylo are coming to Luke, I he guess will provide some exposition of all things Force to the youngsters. But even if they don't elaborate, explanation is there - it's the awakening.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:08 pm

I personally find it an interesting discussion... force bond? Rey force prodigy? Kylo's head?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 31 Oct 2016, 1:09 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Gemini wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Gemini wrote:

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@ZioRen

@Gemini

A callback to what? Other Jedi using the mind trick? Well, yes because they assume the audience knows what that is. I still don't think Kylo not doing it in this particular movie means anything.
@ZioRen

The saga makes it pretty darn clear who's the most talented at this particular trick.

And the exact same camera  angles and use on a stormtrooper in particular are used in this scene.

It's a callback to that.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next