Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

+56
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Blood Moon
jakkusun
bossbaby
Xylo Ren
BenOrgana
teltaru
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
MindAndMagic
Hasi
IoJovi
Piper Maru
Reynak
vaderito
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Helix
Krafty
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
kroi
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
AceofWands
Moonjump05
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
LondonGal555
ZioRen
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Jakku
Rei of Sunshine
panki
EchoBase
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
Gemini
BastilaBey
BenRey
Rimfaxe96
Mana
60 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by vaderito Thu 03 Nov 2016, 3:48 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

Absolutely!!!! And with this new leadership SW is about the future not the past. They are not revamping a park at Disneyworld for Gen Xers like myself, nor for Millenials either. They are doing it for people like my 5-year-old daughter who will buy tickets and merchandise on this franchise for the next 25 years. And you know what? My daughter has only seen TFA and Rebels. I wanted her first experience with SW to be a movie theater one, like I had. She'll see the others at some point, but I didn't
want to muddy the waters. I wanted her to have her "own" SW, like ESB was "my SW". So SW to her is Rey and Kylo and Kanan and Ezra and Hera and Vader and Yoda (because they're in Rebels). Her understanding of how the force works is not going to be "once you go down the dark path" extreme view. It's going to be Kylo. It's going to be Ezra. It's going to be the Grand Inquisitor turning into a temple guard. It's going to be Rey struggling. It's going to be complex. It's going to be Jane Eyre in space, where a woman chooses *what she wants* in love and gets to be a warrior too and whatever else she wants. And that's all good. Open the gates to all kinds of creative possibilities and to all kinds of fans. We had fun as kids in the 80s, but it's a new time now. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

hear, hear! cheers queen
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by IoJovi Thu 03 Nov 2016, 4:19 pm

Can I take it a step further and talk about how excellent that article was written? It hit nearly every key point spot on - I wouldn't doubt it at all if it was written by another female in the fandom who's experienced what we have experienced ourselves. Not necessarily a Reylo shipper, but just a woman just like us who loves Star Wars and wants to enjoy their own interpretations as they see fit without having to fit themselves into a fanboy box in order to please the gatekeepers.

I'm not sure which made my day more.... Daisy's interview or this. bounce
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 03 Nov 2016, 5:37 pm

Congrats again, @BastilaBey and @nonesuch! Such a brilliant achievement Smile
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Nov 2016, 6:15 pm

Wow! So I've finally caught up with everything and I'm just... numb lol! I can't wrap my head around everything that's happened! Congratulations @BastilaBey and "@nonesuch"!

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 03 Nov 2016, 6:22 pm

@SoloSideCousin - you nailed it, send what you wrote in to the NYT article as a comment for the article. Seriously, my poor feminist heart has been so sad thanks to politics and to wake up to two stories about women storming a conservative cultural bastions full of gatekeepers on their own terms (and as a "we belong here too and have as much right to this tradition" statement) has made me feel the tiniest bit better

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 2 620681000
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 03 Nov 2016, 10:09 pm

Congratulations @nonesuch and @BastilaBey! Quality article.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 04 Nov 2016, 7:37 am

Finally, got time to read the article to the end. Really good job girls, congrats again @BastilaBey, @nonesuch.

The article itself has also touched me a bit. I've always used to be a minority in everything I was or did, even in my fandom, so it's good to be heard finally.

EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 04 Nov 2016, 9:38 am

Congratulations @nonesuch and @@BastilaBey on the wonderful news!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 04 Nov 2016, 1:57 pm

They totally misinterpret JJ's comment that Kylo's heard of Rey (he meant by Mitaka but JC boys thinks it's JJ-eque mystery at work, lol) but they agree that comments completely sink Reylated.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 04 Nov 2016, 2:09 pm

Call me evil but I can't stand hearing to Collider guys, MSW guys and all the fanboys stuff. Their discussions make no sense to me.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 04 Nov 2016, 2:12 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Call me evil but I can't stand hearing to Collider guys, MSW guys and all the fanboys stuff. Their discussions make no sense to me.
@Maria Antonietta

I never listen to these podcasts actually. I did listen to Scavenger's Hoard ofc because yay support!. But I've never been one for the fanboy podcasts. It's just preference ofc. But I sincerely appreciate those who take time to trascribe it here for those like make

Atleast we dont get left out Very Happy
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 06 Nov 2016, 12:13 pm

Hi all, please excuse a little more shameless self-promotion. Our latest episode is now available - focused on JJ's TFA commentary, with some news tidbits about the latest MSW costume spoilers, and Adam and Daisy's interviews this week.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 06 Nov 2016, 12:47 pm

@BastilaBey I've just started listening! I'm so excited!

UPDATE: This episode is unmissable!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 06 Nov 2016, 4:31 pm

BastilaBey wrote:

Hi all, please excuse a little more shameless self-promotion. Our latest episode is now available - focused on JJ's TFA commentary, with some news tidbits about the latest MSW costume spoilers, and Adam and Daisy's interviews this week.
@BastilaBey

lol @ love triangle rumor/theory lol! lol! lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 07 Nov 2016, 2:16 pm

New episode of the trash compactor is up

About 16 minutes in they discuss JJ's commentary on the bridge scene, and it sounds as if they've seen Kylo's forthcoming redemption since first viewing and believe this confirms it.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 07 Nov 2016, 2:40 pm

BastilaBey wrote:New episode of the trash compactor is up

About 16 minutes in they discuss JJ's commentary on the bridge scene, and it sounds as if they've seen Kylo's forthcoming redemption since first viewing and believe this confirms it.
@BastilaBey

Listening! Greta stuff! Love this podcast.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 08 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

NTIP:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/11/episode-155-makingstarwars-nets-now-this-is-podcasting/

Eric Peterson author of Tooth and Mail guests on this week’s show!
Check out our video series From Ireland to Ahch-To
An accurate depiction of Luke Skywalker in Episode VIII
An important cloak in Star Wars: Episode VIII
Rogue One pages from a great upcoming book
Han Solo cinematographer Bradford Young speaks to Collider
Pod People
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 08 Nov 2016, 11:22 am

Anything relevant?
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 08 Nov 2016, 11:43 am

Did they say when the previously promised info about a new character would be coming?
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Tue 08 Nov 2016, 8:34 pm

Not a podcast, but a BBC interview with Adam Driver:

Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 08 Nov 2016, 9:07 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:Anything relevant?
@Maria Antonietta

They seemed pretty confident that the new Kylo cape belonged to Vader at one point.

They also were unsure when the Kylo costume change takes place--whether he's in the new costume at the start or changes into it at some later point in the movie.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 08 Nov 2016, 9:19 pm

It also sounds as if they're trying to walk back a lot of what they'd originally got from their sources in Ireland.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 08 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm

BastilaBey wrote:It also sounds as if they're trying to walk back a lot of what they'd originally got from their sources in Ireland.
@BastilaBey

That, too.

They discussed how their sources in Ireland were locals and people who traveled there to watch the shoot, whereas their sources for other things have actually been people associated with the production.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 08 Nov 2016, 10:13 pm

Maybe they're getting new info that's conflicting with what they got from their Ireland sources. Are they even absolutely sure that Kylo and the knight's of Ren show up early in the movie??
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 09 Nov 2016, 1:11 pm

Where in the podcast did they start talking bout the Ireland shoot?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next