Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

+56
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Blood Moon
jakkusun
bossbaby
Xylo Ren
BenOrgana
teltaru
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
MindAndMagic
Hasi
IoJovi
Piper Maru
Reynak
vaderito
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Helix
Krafty
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
kroi
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
AceofWands
Moonjump05
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
LondonGal555
ZioRen
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Jakku
Rei of Sunshine
panki
EchoBase
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
Gemini
BastilaBey
BenRey
Rimfaxe96
Mana
60 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 09 Nov 2016, 1:31 pm

Mana wrote:Maybe they're getting new info that's conflicting with what they got from their Ireland sources. Are they even absolutely sure that Kylo and the knight's of Ren show up early in the movie??
@Mana

I did get that impression--that some of the info they've gotten from their inside sources conflicts with what they were told by the Ireland observers.

FWIW, it does seem like Jason has the idea that the KoR show up fairly early on from one of his more reliable sources.

Birdwoman wrote:Where in the podcast did they start talking bout the Ireland shoot?
@Birdwoman

Pod People segment. I don't have the exact time mark, but I'd start listening about a half hour before the end of the podcast. They talk about it for a few minutes.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 09 Nov 2016, 1:43 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mana wrote:Maybe they're getting new info that's conflicting with what they got from their Ireland sources. Are they even absolutely sure that Kylo and the knight's of Ren show up early in the movie??
@Mana

I did get that impression--that some of the info they've gotten from their inside sources conflicts with what they were told by the Ireland observers.

FWIW, it does seem like Jason has the idea that the KoR show up fairly early on from one of his more reliable sources.

Birdwoman wrote:Where in the podcast did they start talking bout the Ireland shoot?
@Birdwoman

Pod People segment. I don't have the exact time mark, but I'd start listening about a half hour before the end of the podcast. They talk about it for a few minutes.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think around 1:12:00
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 10 Nov 2016, 7:34 am

second part of Visual storytelling:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2016, 3:41 pm

AD was on the Empire Film Magazine podcast today http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-podcast-237-adam-driver/ His interview is around 40 minutes in. There isn't much about Star Wars but it's a lovely interview and the woman interviewing him is a Kylo fan. She asks a cute question about his hair towards the end. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 11 Nov 2016, 4:22 pm

Rebel Grrrls:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/11/episode-makingstarwars-nets-rebel-grrrl-6/

The recent US Presidential election (we couldn’t help it but kept it brief)
Cool Rogue One: A Star Wars Story banners and general marketing of the film
A look at Jedha from the Star Wars Galactic Atlas
Our hopes and fears for Rogue One.
Bradford Young talks working with Lucasfilm and Disney on the up coming Han Solo movie
Star Wars Rebels “Imperial Supercommandos”
Upcoming Rebels episode synopsis
Listener questions
SPOILERS! Some Episode VIII costume descriptions and what they mean for our characters.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 13 Nov 2016, 9:31 am

New Scavenger's hoard podcast is up! It's always a pleasure to listen to you, @BastilaBey and @nonesuch" ! You can even hear @nonesuch occasionally singing key words flower lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sun 13 Nov 2016, 10:09 am

@Maria Antonietta Thank you very much! Yes I love Rachael's singing moments Laughing

We had a really long news segment this week because there's so much going on, but I was determined to not mention what's going on here in the US. Recording for two hours was a welcome distraction...

People might be especially interested in the section about fandom discourse at 55 minutes. I'm sure we share some frustration for how difficult it's been to discuss elements of the film that support a 'Rendemption' or 'Reylo' future to this story. JJ's commentary seems to have pointed toward alternate ideas beyond 'Rey is a Skywalker and Kylo will get eviler and eviler'. I guess we'll see how that continues to have an effect on the discussions.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 Nov 2016, 3:02 pm

A++ to @nonesuch and you bringing up gaslighting in trying to shut down these type of discussions.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sun 13 Nov 2016, 7:36 pm

snufkin wrote:A++ to @nonesuch and you bringing up gaslighting in trying to shut down these type of discussions.
@snufkin

Yes, great podcast (as usual Smile). I definitely agree about the mention of gaslighting. Gaslighting is one of the most insidious and damaging tools manipulators use to shut people up or stomp out opinions they don't like and it's not just seen in personal relationships, but in large groups, like fandom too. We can even see the effects and repercussions of gaslighting at play right now, in the recent real world events.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 13 Nov 2016, 8:25 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
snufkin wrote:A++ to @nonesuch and you bringing up gaslighting in trying to shut down these type of discussions.
@snufkin

Yes, great podcast (as usual :)). I definitely agree about the mention of gaslighting. Gaslighting is one of the most insidious and damaging tools manipulators use to shut people up or stomp out opinions they don't like and it's not just seen in personal relationships, but in large groups, like fandom too.  We can even see the effects and repercussions of gaslighting at play right now, in the recent real world events.

@Kessel89
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 3 Screen15

In both situations, let me steal this quote from social media because it applies to the behavior at hand (Star Wars or real world) - gaslighting is "I'm going to persist with this specious fallacy because protecting my narrative is more important than having the self-awareness to realize that maybe there's a reason 10 people have virulently challenged my statement."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 14 Nov 2016, 5:35 pm

New MSW podcast is up. This one is 3 hours long (again).

It looks like this one is mostly Rogue One stuff (again):

• Smuggler's Bounty exclusive details!
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story international trailers and a new poster
  • New Rogue One tv spots
  • Donnie Yen helped develop his character for Rogue One
  • Another Rogue One: Catalyst excerpt
  • Star Wars: Episode IX details
  • Pod people!

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Mon 14 Nov 2016, 5:43 pm

IoJovi wrote:This is seriously fantastic. I couldn't be more proud to be a part of this group. Great job - you guys deserve it. cheers cheers cheers
@IoJovi

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't be prouder!
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 15 Nov 2016, 2:42 am

BastilaBey wrote:People might be especially interested in the section about fandom discourse at 55 minutes. I'm sure we share some frustration for how difficult it's been to discuss elements of the film that support a 'Rendemption' or 'Reylo' future to this story. JJ's commentary seems to have pointed toward alternate ideas beyond 'Rey is a Skywalker and Kylo will get eviler and eviler'. I guess we'll see how that continues to have an effect on the discussions.
@BastilaBey

Great discussion, I was nodding along with every point made.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Tue 15 Nov 2016, 5:15 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:AD was on the Empire Film Magazine podcast today http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-podcast-237-adam-driver/ His interview is around 40 minutes in. There isn't much about Star Wars but it's a lovely interview and the woman interviewing him is a Kylo fan. She asks a cute question about his hair towards the end. Smile
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks for this - lovely interview indeed. He managed not to give away whether Kylo Ren is even in IX. Bright, articulate, down-to-earth guy.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 15 Nov 2016, 5:18 am

Anyone survived MSW three hours long podcast?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 15 Nov 2016, 5:42 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:Anyone survived MSW three hours long podcast?
@Darth_Awakened

I can't do it. I really don't like fanboys talk Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:19 am

BastilaBey wrote:@Maria Antonietta Thank you very much! Yes I love Rachael's singing moments Laughing

We had a really long news segment this week because there's so much going on, but I was determined to not mention what's going on here in the US. Recording for two hours was a welcome distraction...

People might be especially interested in the section about fandom discourse at 55 minutes. I'm sure we share some frustration for how difficult it's been to discuss elements of the film that support a 'Rendemption' or 'Reylo' future to this story. JJ's commentary seems to have pointed toward alternate ideas beyond 'Rey is a Skywalker and Kylo will get eviler and eviler'. I guess we'll see how that continues to have an effect on the discussions.
@BastilaBey

btw, who's going to be your podcast host? I didn't catch the name
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 15 Nov 2016, 1:26 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:Anyone survived MSW three hours long podcast?
@Darth_Awakened

Currently listening to it--I'm about halfway through. It's been pretty much all Rogue One so far. I'll report back on the Episode VIII/IX stuff when they get to it.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Tue 15 Nov 2016, 2:01 pm

@Maria Antonietta we have @ashesforfoxes as a guest on the next episode. I'm very excited because she wrote my favorite Rey and Kylo meta and her recent post on Reddit generated some very interesting discussion.

https://m.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5ausro/rey_kylo_twilight/
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 15 Nov 2016, 2:04 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Maria Antonietta we have @ashesforfoxes as a guest on the next episode. I'm very excited because she wrote my favorite Rey and Kylo meta and her recent post on Reddit generated some very interesting discussion.

https://m.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5ausro/rey_kylo_twilight/
@BastilaBey

Oh, good! Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:16 pm

I took one for the team and listened to the whole 3-hour MSW podcast. Things of note:

• The Episode IX news is that it will be shot on 65mm film. Discussed around the 1 hour, 40 minute mark. (For reference the last major film shot on 65mm film was Quentin Tarantino's Hateful Eight.)

For those who want to skip all of the rambling, Pod People starts ~1 hour, 44 minutes. Lumberjack Nick wrote in and asked a bunch of questions. Most of these were pretty silly and in conjunction with other rumors that have been flying around on other sites. The guys largely joked about these. I'm listing anything that was at all serious.

• Will Captain Phasma return? Will she have a bigger role?(Answer: Probably.Will she have a bigger role?--Well, she probably won't have a smaller role. Jason compared her to Boba Fett--small role, cool costume. Talked some more about the buildup/marketing hype for the character.)
  • Another Q: Han Solo's return as a Force ghost? A: Not likely.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:19 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I took one for the team and listened to the whole 3-hour MSW podcast. Things of note:

• The Episode IX news is that it will be shot on 65mm film. Discussed around the 1 hour, 40 minute mark. (For reference the last major film shot on 65mm film was Quentin Tarantino's Hateful Eight.)

For those who want to skip all of the rambling, Pod People starts ~1 hour, 44 minutes. Lumberjack Nick wrote in and asked a bunch of questions. Most of these were pretty silly and in conjunction with other rumors that have been flying around on other sites. The guys largely joked about these. I'm listing anything that was at all serious.

• Will Captain Phasma return? Will she have a bigger role?(Answer: Probably.Will she have a bigger role?--Well, she probably won't have a smaller role. Jason compared her to Boba Fett--small role, cool costume. Talked some more about the buildup/marketing hype for the character.)
@ISeeAnIsland

I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to long podcasts. Thanks for taking one for the team!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:23 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:I took one for the team and listened to the whole 3-hour MSW podcast. Things of note:

@ISeeAnIsland

I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to long podcasts. Thanks for taking one for the team!
@IoJovi

I was pessimistic from the list of talking points, but I'd really hoped that they'd get to that "new character in VIII" spoiler/discussion that they'd teased a while back. No such luck, though.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 15 Nov 2016, 3:29 pm

That's right, I was hoping for some KMT news. If they offered her character name, I'd be ecstatic!

Maybe next time... (taking my ball and going home...)
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Wed 16 Nov 2016, 12:53 am

IoJovi wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

Three hours! That's like the history podcasts my husband (history/Latin teacher) listens to. On the plus side, he doesn't mind cleaning up the kitchen as long as he has "When Diplomacy Fails" or something. His attention span impresses the living daylights out of me.

I should add that a podcast he got me into is School of Movies, and it has interesting reviews of all seven Star Wars films. Prequel fans should steer clear. Neutral
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next