Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

+56
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
Blood Moon
jakkusun
bossbaby
Xylo Ren
BenOrgana
teltaru
Darth_Awakened
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
MindAndMagic
Hasi
IoJovi
Piper Maru
Reynak
vaderito
Armadeus
Darth Dementor
Irina de France
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
Helix
Krafty
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
kroi
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
AceofWands
Moonjump05
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
LondonGal555
ZioRen
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Jakku
Rei of Sunshine
panki
EchoBase
Saracene
Darth Dingbat
spacebaby45678
SoloSideCousin
nonesuch
Gemini
BastilaBey
BenRey
Rimfaxe96
Mana
60 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by Lily Snape Wed 16 Nov 2016, 12:59 am

Jakku wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:AD was on the Empire Film Magazine podcast today http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-podcast-237-adam-driver/ His interview is around 40 minutes in. There isn't much about Star Wars but it's a lovely interview and the woman interviewing him is a Kylo fan. She asks a cute question about his hair towards the end. Smile
@Mrs Ben Solo

Thanks for this - lovely interview indeed. He managed not to give away whether Kylo Ren is even in IX. Bright, articulate, down-to-earth guy.
@Jakku

He did the same before TFA. I saw an interview shortly after I saw the film (but the interview was from before the film's release) in which he was saying that his character "might not make it." Also, @Mrs Ben Solo-- totally agree with you about the dearth of info that MSW has this time around. It's pretty much trivia so far. I was unspoiled for TFA, and who knows, maybe we all will be for this one. Interesting factoid about spoilers coming from people who were off work during Harrison Ford's recovery-- without that kind of incident, the spoilers might be few and far between.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Podcasts - 3

Post by snufkin Wed 16 Nov 2016, 1:38 am

Christopher Nolan's upcoming Dunkirk will be 65mm. The one time I've seen a print with that was coincidentally enough, David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia (no small influence on all three trilogies) with THX 1138 sound. Still better than any IMAX experience I've had to date.

If there's no Han as Force Ghost, at least there have to be some offscreen scenes arguing with Leia for Ben's back story. Unless they really do go the route that he was an absentee father.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 16 Nov 2016, 4:27 pm

Hi all,

We've gotten quite a few requests to make the Scavenger's Hoard podcast available on itunes. Your wish is our command! Please enjoy and rate the podcast, that will really help us become more popular with new audiences.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/scavengers-hoard/id1176653293?mt=2
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 16 Nov 2016, 4:29 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Hi all,

We've gotten quite a few requests to make the Scavenger's Hoard podcast available on itunes. Your wish is our command! Please enjoy and rate the podcast, that will really help us become more popular with new audiences.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/scavengers-hoard/id1176653293?mt=2
@BastilaBey

THANK YOU!!!!

Subscribed.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 18 Nov 2016, 4:49 am

New Collider Jedi Council - comments on the latest MSW spoilers.
Nothing spectacular, but I always find interesting how they tend to drop Kylo out of everything.

I'am more and more aware that Kylo with all of his nuances and struggles confused whole SW fandom. And sometimes it amuses me a lot.
At least no hate over here.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Fri 18 Nov 2016, 8:40 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:New Collider Jedi Council - comments on the latest MSW spoilers.
Nothing spectacular, but I always find interesting how they tend to drop Kylo out of everything.

I'am more and more aware that Kylo with all of his nuances and struggles confused whole SW fandom. And sometimes it amuses me a lot.

Well, if there is no hate, that's already positive. I haven't watched it yet, but your comment is very true. They are not the only ones dropping Kylo out and I find that amusing too. I find it even more amusing that there are a lot of kids who like him while grown-ups are tossing him aside because he does not fit any label. Kids just react to what they see, with limited filters. Does this mean we're all kids here Very Happy I don't mind. I think seeing the world with kids' eyes once in a while is not a bad thing.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 18 Nov 2016, 10:01 am

SanghaRen wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:New Collider Jedi Council - comments on the latest MSW spoilers.

Well, if there is no hate, that's already positive. I haven't watched it yet, but your comment is very true. They are not the only ones dropping Kylo out and I find that amusing too. I find it even more amusing that there are a lot of kids who like him while grown-ups are tossing him aside because he does not fit any label. Kids just react to what they see, with limited filters. Does this mean we're all kids here Very Happy I don't mind. I think seeing the world with kids' eyes once in a while is not a bad thing.
@SanghaRen

that's why I don't like fanboys talking. let them discuss sabers length
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 18 Nov 2016, 3:27 pm

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I had to chuckle at the guy who suggested that maybe BdT will be the trilogy's Big Bad over Snoke.

I get it, Snoke is lame, but we're stuck with him. There's not going to be a brand new Big Bad who only appears in the story in the second movie. Snoke is responsible for Kylo's turn to the dark side and the Skywalker family being torn apart, this automatically makes him central.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 18 Nov 2016, 3:37 pm

Saracene wrote:I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I had to chuckle at the guy who suggested that maybe BdT will be the trilogy's Big Bad over Snoke.

I get it, Snoke is lame, but we're stuck with him. There's not going to be a brand new Big Bad who only appears in the story in the second movie. Snoke is responsible for Kylo's turn to the dark side and the Skywalker family being torn apart, this automatically makes him central.
@Saracene

Like Palpatine? Wink
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 18 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm

Saracene wrote:I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I had to chuckle at the guy who suggested that maybe BdT will be the trilogy's Big Bad over Snoke.

@Saracene

That's a fake rumor made by Mike zeroh and people took it seriously, apparently
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 18 Nov 2016, 4:00 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Saracene

Like Palpatine? Wink
@Darth Dingbat

Heh. But Palpatine and Snoke are the same type of villain - a shadowy ruler figure behind it all. It's just that the ST didn't wait until the second film to show him. They even gave Snoke a throne to show his status.

Unless... wait a minute I've got it all figured out! BdT's character and Snoke are the same person! Wink
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 18 Nov 2016, 4:05 pm

@Saracene

I like those guys despite their wishful thinking and some kind of delusional speculations.
The most important thing I appreciate is the respect and overall positive vibe I am getting from them - which is quite rare these days.

I think that the dominant problem they have (especially Ellis and Harloff) is that they were too much in the OT and EU and they are still unable to let it go.
That's why they're fixating on Luke the savior of the day, and still speaking of the Sith (as a possibility for BDT), while it was pretty much confirmed by now that Sith are gone.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 18 Nov 2016, 4:19 pm

@Darth_Awakened True, they seem like a good-natured bunch.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 18 Nov 2016, 5:53 pm

New episode of Rebel Grrrl up:

• Rogue One is rated PG-13
  • Rogue One Behind the Scenes featurette
  • New TV spots and a look at Warwick Davis' character
  • New Rogue One posters galore
  • New Darth maul Marvel series announced
  • Star Wars: Episode IX will use fancy film
  • Listener Questions
  • Episode VIII spoilers
  • Rogue One: Catalyst discussion
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:31 pm

Amanda didn't enjoy JJ's TFA commentary. Interesting.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:33 pm

Why didn't she like it?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:33 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Amanda didn't enjoy JJ's TFA commentary. Interesting.
@BastilaBey

Nope. And she also goes on a long rant later in the podcast talking about how much she'd loved Pocahontas as a kid because she was such a bada** and didn't end up someone's girlfriend in the end.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:42 pm

God, that stereotype of "strong female character mustn't have a man because love makes you weak" needs to die already. Rolling Eyes
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:43 pm

@Iseeanisland Ok...I haven't seen that film in a really long time, but 1) doesn't Pocahontas fall in love? and 2) it's pretty racist.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:43 pm

Spoilers for VIII start at 42:00.

They go on to talk about the same spoilers regarding BdT, Laura Dern, and KMT that MSW reported on earlier this week.

They speculate on and largely discard the idea of Laura Dern being Lady Carise from Bloodline. They also speculate on a photo from Dubrovnik on a woman who is either wearing a purple hair cover or has purple hair.

They say that in the near future they'll have more info on KMT. More coming on Finn and KMT soon.

Catalyst Spoiler:
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:45 pm

Birdwoman wrote:Why didn't she like it?
@Birdwoman

Amanda has not been shy about letting the world know she dislikes Reylo.  Hence why she also didn't like JJ's commentary.  Laughing

Last edited by IoJovi on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:45 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Iseeanisland Ok...I haven't seen that film in a really long time, but 1) doesn't Pocahontas fall in love? and 2) it's pretty racist.
@BastilaBey

Yep.

For the love interest: well, she falls in love with a guy in the sequel to her movie. But I haven't seen it in ages either. Actually, I think I only saw Pocahontas II...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:47 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Iseeanisland Ok...I haven't seen that film in a really long time, but 1) doesn't Pocahontas fall in love? and 2) it's pretty racist.
@BastilaBey

I haven't seen it in ages, either. I really don't remember much about it. But if they're basing their ideal female lead on one who ends up single, then that certainly explains their bias for where they want to see Rey's character going.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:56 pm

I loved the Pocahontas movie!...I read a book about her written by one of her alleged descendants a long time ago it was pretty cool Very Happy

Also, what's there to 'like' or 'dislike' about a guy doing a commentary on his own movie??? oh wait yeah...it just added more fuel to the raging Reylo fires and put a massive damper on the much beloved Rey Solo garbage theory, and nobody wants that do they?
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:57 pm

Irina de France wrote:God, that stereotype of "strong female character mustn't have a man because love makes you weak" needs to die already. Rolling Eyes
@Irina de France

Agreed so much! It's so sexist that it makes my blood boil! Sadly it seems to set the standard for strong heroines today. Did falling in love with Han diminish Leia? Nope! Did Katniss falling in love with Peeta diminish her character? Far from it! Katniss was incredibly flawed as a person, but Peeta helped her get over her fears and become a symbol for hope and she in turn gave him hope and helped him with his demons. None of the Disney princesses are diminished by falling in love with their princes - Pocahontas helps John see that despite their differences, people are just human. Rapunzel helps Flynn change from a petty thief into an honest man. Mulan helps Shang see that women can fight for what they love just as much as a man and of course, Belle helps the Beast change his ways from a selfish man into a selfless one. There are plenty of other examples as well. Falling in love makes heroines weak? Yeah, right. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next