Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

+61
jakkusun
soulluos
vaderito
SanghaRen
MeadowofAshes
Scavengerscum
Krafty
Airemyn
creepi0
Macha Ren
Kyla Ren
Hasi
Armadeus
LadyHa
EchoBase
Saracene
Lily Snape
ladyconsular
4forYouRey-lolo
MoonlitMoss
MelBee
Sylvia Snow
Rogue Rey
nonesuch
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
rey09
reylo1992
BastilaBey
Magnolia_3.0
DarthRen
CienaRee
ReyofLightSide
Xylo Ren
MissG
Darth Rowan
MindAndMagic
Birdwoman
BenRey
Rei of Sunshine
MyOnlyHope
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
IoJovi
Reynak
panki
Helix
Moonjump05
Mana
Jakku
Irina de France
LondonGal555
spacebaby45678
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
Gemini
65 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:04 am

Can someone explain to me how the insurance thing works? Lol.

We've been at this for the whole day but I never really got how that worked. Like does LFL pay the actors and their estate? Or does the insurance company pay them?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 40 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:21 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:Can someone explain to me how the insurance thing works? Lol.

We've been at this for the whole day but I never really got how that worked. Like does LFL pay the actors and their estate? Or does the insurance company pay them?
@Rei of Sunshine

The insurance company pays them. Carrie was a human asset to them, and Disney/Lucasfilm took the insurance to protect themselves against losses in case she was unable to fulfill her three-film contract.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:24 am

The insurance company (Lloyds of London) pay LFL/Disney. This is to cover the costs of reshooting, rewriting, recasting, CGI, loss of profits from delayed release, etc.

Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:09 pm

pheeewwww!

That's a lot of money for one company! Mark better be careful with himself or else the OT3 will surely run Loyds into the ground!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:18 pm

I'm thinking they will let Leia just die. Can't imagine recasting, as everyone has said- too iconic. And also said, CGI is too early, would be cringing. But who knows, that is better than recasting for sure. I think a way for her story to be wrapped up nicely is if Kylo somehow stumbled upon a letter or item or something that showed how much Han and Leia really loved him, how much Leia really loved her family. Something like that would be so heartbreaking.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:31 pm

rey09 wrote:I'm thinking they will let Leia just die. Can't imagine recasting, as everyone has said- too iconic. And also said, CGI is too early, would be cringing. But who knows, that is better than recasting for sure. I think a way for her story to be wrapped up nicely is if Kylo somehow stumbled upon a letter or item or something that showed how much Han and Leia really loved him, how much Leia really loved her family. Something like that would be so heartbreaking.
@rey09

It would Sad But as holograms are the SW version of letters, that would likely have to be CGI as well...

(I've actually wondered if we might see Kylo reacting to a holo of Han at some point.)

But honestly, who knows. This news about the gigantic insurance pay-out made me realise that Lucasfilm were probably very prepared for any eventuality, and made me wonder if they might actually have usable footage for IX already.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm

You'd imagine that besides the shock/grief, Mark Hamill has got to be feeling the slightest bit unnerved because it's 2 out of their original 3 who've had a near-fatal incident since the ST started (just that sadly 1 of them survived and the other 1 didn't).

Most likely scenario is that they may have anticipated having to write Leia out of IX with either a cameo at the end or dying in service of the causes she served her whole life. Or just have her be off screen, let's say that she's moved to the Cloud City retirement community that Lando is now in charge of (BDW has MS so that's likely why they didn't bring back his character) . Whatever route, everybody loved both the character and the actress and want to see justice done to her. And there probably there will be more of Leia in the collateral materials like comics and books. Cue one of her crack about GL owning her likeness and needing to write him a check every time she looks in the mirror.

At least she did get to go on Stephen Colbert and Terry Gross's shows here in the States a couple weeks before her death to bust the OT's balls about how there's even a double standard for women in space. And she did it at her peak of working and writing with a renewed public profile. The only comparisons I can think of how somebody's death triggered a huge public mourning in part because of hitting that point in their careers would be people like Steve Jobs, David Bowie, and John Lennon.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 02 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
rey09 wrote:I'm thinking they will let Leia just die. Can't imagine recasting, as everyone has said- too iconic. And also said, CGI is too early, would be cringing. But who knows, that is better than recasting for sure. I think a way for her story to be wrapped up nicely is if Kylo somehow stumbled upon a letter or item or something that showed how much Han and Leia really loved him, how much Leia really loved her family. Something like that would be so heartbreaking.
@rey09

It would Sad But as holograms are the SW version of letters, that would likely have to be CGI as well...

(I've actually wondered if we might see Kylo reacting to a holo of Han at some point.)

But honestly, who knows. This news about the gigantic insurance pay-out made me realise that Lucasfilm were probably very prepared for any eventuality, and made me wonder if they might actually have usable footage for IX already.
@Darth Dingbat

Imagine Kylo would read this letter (if only they could exist in the Star Wars universe) out loud, Adam would so rock it.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 02 Jan 2017, 1:23 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@rey09

@Darth Dingbat

Imagine Kylo would read this letter (if only they could exist in the Star Wars universe) out loud, Adam would so rock it.
@EchoBase

My headcanon is that Ben never received that holo message that Leia sent about the Vader reveal, and that somehow he comes into possession of it during the ST and we get to see his reaction to it.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 1:31 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@rey09

@Darth Dingbat

@EchoBase

My headcanon is that Ben never received that holo message that Leia sent about the Vader reveal, and that somehow he comes into possession of it during the ST and we get to see his reaction to it.
@ISeeAnIsland Ooooo yes!! Did Bloodline actually have the whole speech out? I feel like that's something that has a possibility of actually being filmed last summer

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 02 Jan 2017, 1:42 pm

rey09 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@rey09

@Darth Dingbat

@EchoBase

@ISeeAnIsland Ooooo yes!! Did Bloodline actually have the whole speech out? I feel like that's something that has a possibility of actually being filmed last summer
@rey09

Nope. It just mentioned that Leia sent the message and got no word if Ben/Luke received it. Bloodline mentioned the general gist of Leia explaining herself to Ben, but that's about as detailed as it got.

I seriously think that the holo message is a good candidate for one of the things that Rian requested that Claudia include in Bloodline. The emotional impact would be much greater to see Kylo/Ben viewing it, rather than the audience reading about it in a book.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 02 Jan 2017, 2:10 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:By the way, I never really understood the criticisms of Carrie's acting in TFA. She wasn't given much to work with, but for me personally, Leia's "I want him back" was even more moving than Han's death scene.
@Darth Dingbat

I personally did think that whatever emotion there was in Han and Leia's scenes came from Ford and he basically carried them. Carrie was an amazing lady, but I found her acting in TFA only passable.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 Jan 2017, 2:32 pm

If they use the recorded message from Bloodline in order to deliver a message/provide closure, there's one character around who's not just friends with Leia but a pretty formidable actress herself

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 40 Latest?cb=20160708205307
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 02 Jan 2017, 2:47 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
rey09 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
@rey09

@Darth Dingbat

@EchoBase

@rey09

Nope. It just mentioned that Leia sent the message and got no word if Ben/Luke received it. Bloodline mentioned the general gist of Leia explaining herself to Ben, but that's about as detailed as it got.

I seriously think that the holo message is a good candidate for one of the things that Rian requested that Claudia include in Bloodline. The emotional impact would be much greater to see Kylo/Ben viewing it, rather than the audience reading about it in a book.
@ISeeAnIsland
Now that I think about it it would be kind of bittersweet watching Luke,Kylo and Rey all together on Anch Too because if they do let Leia die in the movies they'll be the only Skywalkers left(yes,I'm including Rey as well for obvious reasons which have ntohing to do with Reywalker,IMO) and there's something really tragic about that.
I really hope Leia's message makes it into the movies it will be so heartbreaking seeing Kylo's reaction to it after everything that's happened.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm

@rey09

I doubt they'll recast. Maybe they'll CGI, but if the rumors of Leia falling into a coma after an attack are true - it'd be easy to cut coma-scenes into death scenes. Sad
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2017, 7:46 pm

I don't really have anything to add at this point about what will happen with Leia because it is all speculation and unknowns right now. However, I was going through some old articles I had bookmarked and saw this one which was posted before Carrie was taken ill and her subsequent death. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-viii-can-fix-franchises-daddy-issues-957594 It makes me feel even sadder about what we'll potentially be missing out on.

-------

http://reylo.skyforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40