Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

+28
jakkusun
MeadowofAshes
Pyro Nebula
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
Irina de France
MindAndMagic
teltaru
SanghaRen
MyOnlyHope
Mana
Piper Maru
SoloSideCousin
FrolickingFizzgig
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
SkyStar
ReyofLightSide
ZioRen
Xylo Ren
Helix
snufkin
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
vaderito
32 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 12 Empty Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by Helix Wed 22 Feb 2017, 8:06 pm

Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 12 Empty Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:10 pm

I finished this book in a mad rush. So I get the sense that...
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:

Also...
Spoiler:

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:11 pm

Helix wrote:I'm sad now. This book is making everything sadder.

http://bentages.tumblr.com/post/157590511865/theres-your-first-lesson-sometimes-doing-the
@Helix

And believe it or not, there was very little Ben/Leia/Han relative to the rest of the book ... but those few paragraphs told a lot.  However, because they are so few, I have got to think that there has to be much bigger stuff coming up in the movie ... because in other respects, like the Force and such, I thought a lot of information seemed to be dropped.  Deep SW scholars like @panki, @Darth Dingbat, @Irina de France and @applecrumble122 and anyone else I am forgetting, please let us know when you finish the book, because I have a lot of KOTOR-ish kind of questions and I think some stuff was hinted at in the book.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:20 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:I finished this book in a mad rush. So I get the sense that...
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:

Also...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:30 pm

@SoloSideCousin I'm grateful for the highlight function in the Kindle app - I have so much to go back and look at tomorrow. I noticed many parallels with TFA and RO and some tragic foreshadowing.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:52 pm

Spoiler:

@SoloSideCousin "If you see our son, bring him home." - Leia, to Han. I definitely see a parallel with Ben and hearts of kyber, which can be made to serve the light or dark. Ben's home is in the gray/untainted/balanced Force, like Ahsoka and her white sabers. (Please also note in yoga philosophy white is the crown chakra and the result of all the chakras balanced.)

And...
Spoiler:

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyro Nebula Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:25 am

I was wondering what Colin Trevorrow meant by Rey's importance to the entire galaxy. My thought was 'Is she that powerful?'

It appears the back story is becoming more clear. Her role and destiny is to counter Snoke, perhaps?  

The galaxy's savior?  Question  Surprised

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rey-Far-More-Important-Star-Wars-Future-Than-Many-Imagined-105707.html

And no, I've not read any of the books, only on summary.

Last edited by Pyro Nebula on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:43 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

@SoloSideCousin "If you see our son, bring him home." - Leia, to Han. I definitely see a parallel with Ben and hearts of kyber, which can be made to serve the light or dark. Ben's home is in the gray/untainted/balanced Force, like Ahsoka and her white sabers. (Please also note in yoga philosophy white is the crown chakra and the result of all the chakras balanced.)

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Oh brilliant catches @ meadowofashes!
Spoiler:
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 23 Feb 2017, 8:03 am

@SoloSideCousin you can message me if you have any questions. I haven't finished the book yet, but I did grab a lot of information on the Internet here and there and I might help you. Wink I'll try the best I can!
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2017, 9:18 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Didn't Pablo say recently that the Rebel Pilot helmet Rey has doesn't have her name on it? I thought it was the initials of someone's kids who worked on TFA and people had been interpreting the letters wrong. Her name is and was Rey as far as that goes. I don't think they would change it now it's been established. Maybe it might end up being short for something but it would be an unusual move in a film such as this where kids know her as Rey to have her name turn out to be something altogether different like Kira or one of the other pre-production names.

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:16 am

i wonder if they changed it because it was too similar to 'Kylo'? Very Happy
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

@SoloSideCousin
Spoiler:
is absolutely foreshadowing Rey's awakening. I also wonder if it's not just Jakku itself but Rey's family that could be the
Spoiler:
in the metaphor.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:23 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Helix wrote:I'm sad now. This book is making everything sadder.

http://bentages.tumblr.com/post/157590511865/theres-your-first-lesson-sometimes-doing-the
@Helix

And believe it or not, there was very little Ben/Leia/Han relative to the rest of the book ... but those few paragraphs told a lot.  However, because they are so few, I have got to think that there has to be much bigger stuff coming up in the movie ... because in other respects, like the Force and such, I thought a lot of information seemed to be dropped.  Deep SW scholars like @panki, @Darth Dingbat, @Irina de France and @applecrumble122 and anyone else I am forgetting, please let us know when you finish the book, because I have a lot of KOTOR-ish kind of questions and I think some stuff was hinted at in the book.

Took a break from the forum and read the book in a marathon session....have so much to say and I don't know where to start.... rabbit

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:24 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Didn't Pablo say recently that the Rebel Pilot helmet Rey has doesn't have her name on it? I thought it was the initials of someone's kids who worked on TFA and people had been interpreting the letters wrong. Her name is and was Rey as far as that goes. I don't think they would change it now it's been established. Maybe it might end up being short for something but it would be an unusual move in a film such as this where kids know her as Rey to have her name turn out to be something altogether different like Kira or one of the other pre-production names.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I don't follow Pablo so I don't know what he said. Unless someone brought it over here I wouldn't know. I just remembered something about Dosmit Reigh and the helmet and found it interesting that we have three characters in the new universe named some version of "Ray".  It probably means nothing, but I just wonder why they decided give two prominent characters homonym names when they could have chosen any name for Rae Sloane. She doesn't need all those "ray of light" or monarch type attributes that are fun to speculate about with Rey.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:30 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Mrs Ben Solo

I don't follow Pablo so I don't know what he said. Unless someone brought it over here I wouldn't know. I just remembered something about Dosmit Reigh and the helmet and found it interesting that we have three characters in the new universe named some version of "Ray".  It probably means nothing, but I just wonder why they decided give two prominent characters homonym names when they could have chosen any name for Rae Sloane. She doesn't need all those "ray of light" or monarch type attributes that are fun to speculate about with Rey.
@SoloSideCousin

You are right about the name on the helmet belonging to Dosmit Raeh.....then there is Rae Sloane and the Goddess Ri'ia as well (an ancient angry Goddess worshiped by the Teedos of Jakku who caused the storms that cause destruction on Jakku- probably based on a real character who destroyed Jakku long ago)
Spoiler:

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 12 12552956_10153942856570774_3475860520877864451_n

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:35 am

panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SoloSideCousin

You are right about the name on the helmet belonging to Dosmit Raeh.....then there is Rae Sloane and the Goddess Ri'ia as well (an ancient angry Goddess worshiped by the Teedos of Jakku who caused the storms that cause destruction on Jakku- probably based on a real character who destroyed Jakku long ago)
Spoiler:

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 12 12552956_10153942856570774_3475860520877864451_n
@panki

Oh wow! So then there is actually a fourth too. That angry goddess that destroyed Jakku is particularly interesting ... especially since I have a feeling that jakku's internal orange and blue energy might connect to Rey in some fundamental way.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:52 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:

@panki

Oh wow! So then there is actually a fourth too. That angry goddess that destroyed Jakku is particularly interesting ... especially since I have a feeling that jakku's internal orange and blue energy might connect to Rey in some fundamental way.
@SoloSideCousin

The orange and blue energy really caught my attention, particularly because of this-

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 12 Esvpmu

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2017, 1:32 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Spoiler:

And...
Spoiler:
@MeadowofAshes

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Mrs Ben Solo

@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:

@panki

@SoloSideCousin

I was just going by this PH tweet https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/822111810945884160 The lettering was originally R & H and he came up with an in-universe thing for the Visual Dictionary. I'm not saying there's no connection between all these various iterations of the name Rey but I don't think we are meant to take it that Rey got her name from that helmet.

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Thu 23 Feb 2017, 1:52 pm

How the heck did you people read the book already? Did you skip sleeping? My Kindle says I read only 20%. But yeah, work is crazy so no way I can do a reading marathon. I read the last pages though, as I always do. Baby Ben in Han's arms is so... Sad Mean author playing with our feelings.

What I can say so far, not related to Reylo at all:
- I am laughing so hard at the name Niima Outpost now because I picture this thin worm-like female version of Jabba thinking she's a Goddess.
- Niima and her slaves on Jakku remind me of Immortan Joe and his war boys.
- Just when you think Rae Sloane is not that mean, she shoots a guy in the head - he did not exactly have a future but still... Love her nonetheless.
- Lots of fanatism everywhere. I must say LF is not afraid to go into gritty territories. I am quite impressed.

Now I'll continue.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:07 pm

SanghaRen wrote:How the heck did you people read the book already? Did you skip sleeping? My Kindle says I read only 20%. But yeah, work is crazy so no way I can do a reading marathon. I read the last pages though, as I always do. Baby Ben in Han's arms is so... Sad Mean author playing with our feelings.

- I am laughing so hard at the name Niima Outpost now because I picture this thin worm-like female version of Jabba thinking she's a Goddess.
- Just when you think Rae Sloane is not that mean, she shoots a guy in the head - he did not exactly have a future but still... Love her nonetheless.
- Lots of fanatism everywhere. I must say LF is not afraid to go into gritty territories. I am quite impressed.

Now I'll continue.
@SanghaRen

Lol.....I thought the same thing- Niima and her slaves sound like Immortan Joe and his gang....actually the place where she resides also sounds like something out of Mad Max's world. Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:42 pm

SanghaRen wrote:How the heck did you people read the book already? Did you skip sleeping? My Kindle says I read only 20%. But yeah, work is crazy so no way I can do a reading marathon. I read the last pages though, as I always do. Baby Ben in Han's arms is so... Sad Mean author playing with our feelings.

Now I'll continue.
@SanghaRen

Yup! I'm a little farther than you are--35% of the way though, and I agree with all of this. I know that I'd heard the name Niima the Hutt before, but I'd never made the connection with Niima Outpost in TFA.

Rae Sloane is such a great character. I'm not normally a huge fan of doing all sorts of cross-overs, but I really would love to see her brought into the movies in some way.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 23 Feb 2017, 3:41 pm

Now I'll continue.
@SanghaRen

I remember when Life Debt came out, it seemed like some folks had it done in under two days. I simply cannot read that fast and follow the story. I like to take my time, take it all in and savor it. So it's not just you. I just picked up my copy about an hour ago, and have finished to prelude.

I can't wait - this is gonna be great!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 23 Feb 2017, 4:12 pm

Well, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, and I'll be lucky if I get it next week.

Not that I'm jealous or anything. Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 23 Feb 2017, 4:23 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:Well, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, and I'll be lucky if I get it next week.

@Darth Dingbat

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (In over the top ROTS Vader fashion) Very Happy

You and @Irina de France, @SanghaRen, @iojovi and @ISeeAnIsland and others are going to be key contributers to this discussion. Me and the other binge readers will learn patience. Very Happy (Show up next week bokk! Show up next week!!!) :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 24 Feb 2017, 1:37 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:Well, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, and I'll be lucky if I get it next week.

@Darth Dingbat

According to Amazon: my item has been dispatched yesteray. That means week or so of waiting for me.

Don't worry we'll get to see TLJ before everybody I guess.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next