Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

+28
jakkusun
MeadowofAshes
Pyro Nebula
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
Irina de France
MindAndMagic
teltaru
SanghaRen
MyOnlyHope
Mana
Piper Maru
SoloSideCousin
FrolickingFizzgig
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
SkyStar
ReyofLightSide
ZioRen
Xylo Ren
Helix
snufkin
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
vaderito
32 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 13 Empty Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 24 Feb 2017, 9:32 pm

I just started the book.

For Rae  
spolier:
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 13 Empty Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by Guest Fri 24 Feb 2017, 9:36 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:I just started the book.

For Rae  [spoiler="spolier"]her being Finn's mother is an interesting theory. Or would she be too old to be Captain Phasma? And yes, why so much with Rae/Rey/Raeh??[ Are we sure she couldn't be Rey's mom? Maybe Rey calls herself that because she has a memory of her mom being called Rae?/spoiler]
@ReyofLightSide

Interesting!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:18 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:

For Rae  [spoiler="spolier"]her being Finn's mother is an interesting theory. Or would she be too old to be Captain Phasma? And yes, why so much with Rae/Rey/Raeh??[ Are we sure she couldn't be Rey's mom? Maybe Rey calls herself that because she has a memory of her mom being called Rae?/spoiler]
@ReyofLightSide

Interesting!

Spoiler:
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:21 am

Irina de France wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

Interesting!

Spoiler:
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
@Irina de France

Spoiler:
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:29 am

IoJovi wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

Interesting!

Spoiler:
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
@Irina de France

Spoiler:
@IoJovi

Spoiler:
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 25 Feb 2017, 8:36 am

Irina de France wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

Interesting!

Spoiler:
@AppleCrumble122

Spoiler:
@Irina de France

Spoiler:
@IoJovi

Spoiler:
@Irina de France

Spoiler:
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 10:29 am

Okay..
I'm not sure how this works, if I'm doing something wrong by reposting from someone's blog so delete it if I've offended someone but...

This is so beautiful especially post Empire's End:

https://kylosroboarm.tumblr.com/post/156429776378/gwendolinechristie-bring-him-home
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:13 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay..
I'm not sure how this works, if I'm doing something wrong by reposting from someone's blog so delete it if I've offended someone but...

This is so beautiful especially post Empire's End:

https://kylosroboarm.tumblr.com/post/156429776378/gwendolinechristie-bring-him-home
@motherofpearl1

Man, and a while ago, I thought "Bring Him Home" was such a fitting song for Han in TFA...

Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me cry.

It reminds me of how in Les Misérables, there's a fan theory that God had decided every single barricade boy (including Marius) was supposed to die, and when Jean Valjean sings "Bring Him Home", he's actually asking God to take Marius' place so he and Cosette can live happily ever after.

It becomes the ultimate sacrifice for Valjean, who becomes lonely when Cosette leaves him to marry Marius. The eve of Cosette's wedding, he is dying (and we are mysteriously not given any reason, hence the theory) and cannot attend the ceremony, but Marius discovers thanks to Thénardier that Valjean was the one who saved him that night. Cosette and Marius rush to Valjean's bedside, and he gets to die peacefully.

The parallels are pretty strong, especially that Rey is basically Cosette in the GFFA...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:37 pm

All credit to the OP, and man,it gets me. I can't hear that song now without thinking of it.

Iknow Han can't be a 'Force ghost' but it'dbe wonderful if he came back as an actual ghost at the end to witness his son's redemption

Not a dry eye in the house......... No
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 25 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

General thoughts on Empire's End:

Spoiler:

Ben Solo Related thoughts:

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:52 am

Even sadder...
How they all think Ben led a privileged life when in reality he knew nothing but pain. No
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 26 Feb 2017, 1:09 am

panki wrote:General thoughts on Empire's End:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 26 Feb 2017, 1:55 am

They are just laying it on heavy with the parallels between the two with these additional details

Spoiler:
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:03 am

IoJovi wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:How the heck did you people read the book already? Did you skip sleeping? My Kindle says I read only 20%. But yeah, work is crazy so no way I can do a reading marathon. I read the last pages though, as I always do. Baby Ben in Han's arms is so... Sad Mean author playing with our feelings.

What I can say so far, not related to Reylo at all:
- I am laughing so hard at the name Niima Outpost now because I picture this thin worm-like female version of Jabba thinking she's a Goddess.
- Niima and her slaves on Jakku remind me of Immortan Joe and his war boys.
- Just when you think Rae Sloane is not that mean, she shoots a guy in the head - he did not exactly have a future but still... Love her nonetheless.
- Lots of fanatism everywhere. I must say LF is not afraid to go into gritty territories. I am quite impressed.

Now I'll continue.
@SanghaRen

I remember when Life Debt came out, it seemed like some folks had it done in under two days. I simply cannot read that fast and follow the story. I like to take my time, take it all in and savor it. So it's not just you. I just picked up my copy about an hour ago, and have finished to prelude.

I can't wait - this is gonna be great!
@IoJovi

I found Life Debt difficult to read. I did not care much for the story and the supposedly new good characters. It took a lot of warming up and I forced myself to read it more than enjoyed it, if I am honest.

Empire's End is better imo. I did start reading the first couple of pages fast and then a voice in my head said "nope, start again and take time to really appreciate it." And that's what I am doing now. Which also requires for the average fan that I am to go on Internet and check out species. They should really have drawings of the characters. At the same time, they probably prefer to keep their looks a bit open in case they want to include them in additional media. I am only at 37% now. Little time to read right now.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:10 am

SanghaRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:How the heck did you people read the book already? Did you skip sleeping? My Kindle says I read only 20%. But yeah, work is crazy so no way I can do a reading marathon. I read the last pages though, as I always do. Baby Ben in Han's arms is so... Sad Mean author playing with our feelings.

What I can say so far, not related to Reylo at all:
- I am laughing so hard at the name Niima Outpost now because I picture this thin worm-like female version of Jabba thinking she's a Goddess.
- Niima and her slaves on Jakku remind me of Immortan Joe and his war boys.
- Just when you think Rae Sloane is not that mean, she shoots a guy in the head - he did not exactly have a future but still... Love her nonetheless.
- Lots of fanatism everywhere. I must say LF is not afraid to go into gritty territories. I am quite impressed.

Now I'll continue.
@SanghaRen

I remember when Life Debt came out, it seemed like some folks had it done in under two days. I simply cannot read that fast and follow the story. I like to take my time, take it all in and savor it. So it's not just you. I just picked up my copy about an hour ago, and have finished to prelude.

I can't wait - this is gonna be great!
@IoJovi

I found Life Debt difficult to read. I did not care much for the story and the supposedly new good characters. It took a lot of warming up and I forced myself to read it more than enjoyed it, if I am honest.

Empire's End is better imo. I did start reading the first couple of pages fast and then a voice in my head said "nope, start again and take time to really appreciate it." And that's what I am doing now. Which also requires for the average fan that I am to go on Internet and check out species. They should really have drawings of the characters. At the same time, they probably prefer to keep their looks a bit open in case they want to include them in additional media. I am only at 37% now. Little time to read right now.
@SanghaRen

I am still on the first three pages. We JUST moved last week and we're still finishing up odds and ends.

I enjoyed Life Debt, but liked Bloodlines more. Don't worry about not being able to get into it - you're not alone. @WillowMeena only finished the second half because she couldn't stand Chuck Wendig's writing style and overuse of words when it came to descriptions. I ended up giving her about a half hour summary over the phone on how the book ended because at the end of the day, she still wanted to know. Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:36 am

r.e Ben Solo...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:57 am

A few posts back, there was some discussion about how the wookies were controlled in Life Debt.

I remember this detail--they had chips in their heads. The chips were similar to what the prisoner/assassins had, but the wookie chips were meant to keep the wookies in line. I'm not 100% sure on this, but if I recall, if a chipped wookie rebelled while the chip was active, the chip would do something to kill him/her.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 26 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
panki wrote:General thoughts on Empire's End:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 27 Feb 2017, 7:38 pm

I finished the book. Overall
spoiler:
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 28 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm

I still have a little ways to go in this book, but I have noticed a few things that I haven't really seen discussed here yet that could potentially have ST ramifications:

spoiler - acolytes of the beyond:

spoiler - secret Imperial labs?:
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 01 Mar 2017, 1:43 am

Just got an SMS from Overseas informing me that my book will be delivered today!

Hallelujah!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 01 Mar 2017, 5:03 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Wild Space is all the space beyond the known borders of the GFFA...the Unknown Regions also partly falls into Wild Space but this is specifically an area just beyond the Western Reaches and Outer Rim. I have seen something in another canon book series that matches this speculation about  imperials in Wild Space quite nicely.

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

panki wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Wild Space is all the space beyond the known borders of the GFFA...the Unknown Regions also partly falls into Wild Space but this is specifically an area just beyond the Western Reaches and Outer Rim. I have seen something in another canon book series that matches this speculation about  imperials in Wild Space quite nicely.

Spoiler:
@panki

That sounds really interesting but it looks like:
Spoiler:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:43 am

CienaRee wrote:
panki wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Wed 01 Mar 2017, 11:04 am

panki wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
panki wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@CienaRee

Spoiler:
@panki
Spoiler:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next