Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

+28
jakkusun
MeadowofAshes
Pyro Nebula
nemapasara
motherofpearl1
Irina de France
MindAndMagic
teltaru
SanghaRen
MyOnlyHope
Mana
Piper Maru
SoloSideCousin
FrolickingFizzgig
Reylo Lemon
Darth Dingbat
SkyStar
ReyofLightSide
ZioRen
Xylo Ren
Helix
snufkin
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
Kessel
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
vaderito
32 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:52 am

SkyStar wrote:Soo it seems that some Canadian redditors already have the book and are discussing spoilers in the reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5tqzvl/psspoilers_empires_end_make_it_rain_spoilers/
@SkyStar

Skipped through it:

Spoiler:

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by Helix Mon 13 Feb 2017, 2:00 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:Soo it seems that some Canadian redditors already have the book and are discussing spoilers in the reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5tqzvl/psspoilers_empires_end_make_it_rain_spoilers/
@SkyStar

Skipped through it:

Spoiler:

@Darth_Awakened

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sounds pretty legit, guys.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:53 am

@Helix I KNEW that was your post before I look at the name or saw the blue dinosaurs. lol!

Well done, my friend...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:00 am

This is one of the quotes posted by a leaker on Reddit, and I wonder...

Spoiler:
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:26 am

Spoilers are legit, I don't know what everyone is talking about. Read posts by Veeisrad and Puhaul:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5tqzvl/psspoilers_empires_end_make_it_rain_spoilers/

And, yes, Jar Jar redemption is hilarious.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 13 Feb 2017, 9:13 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:This is one of the quotes posted by a leaker on Reddit, and I wonder...

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

I'm wondering the same thing myself- about Rey having dark origins. Confus

These lines from Aftermath sound like something I've read in the old Indian epic, the Mahabharata. What makes this interesting is that Jessika Pava's placeholder name in Jason Fry's novel 'Weapon of a Jedi' was Draupadi Pava. Draupadi was a character from this epic.

There are two scenarios which could work here based on this epic:

1. In one scenario, a woman wants revenge on a man but cannot kill him in her life time despite gaining immense spiritual powers. So she flings herself into a fire and is reborn a man and finally shoots the fatal arrow that finally kills the man (I've simplified the story a lot- her reincarnation has all sorts of emotional struggles)

- This could work well for a Palpatine or Rax's clone scenario.

2. A king is insulted by a neighboring royal family so he decides that the family who insulted him needs to be destroyed. So he conducts a giant sacrificial fire ritual and from the flames a beautiful girl is born. She later marries into the neighboring royal family and is one of the reasons for a huge war which wipes out most of the family. Again, she doesn't come out unscathed and suffers terrible losses as well.

- This could work if the dark side adepts were using sith alchemy to create their own chosen one but something went wrong and she was abandoned on Jakku.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:00 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:This is one of the quotes posted by a leaker on Reddit, and I wonder...

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:33 am

reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

Spoiler:
lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:35 am

I'am completely unable to speculate today about Snoke after I saw those gifs from Girls.

Stretcher

Nevertheless:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:43 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

Spoiler:
lol! lol!
@Maria Antonietta

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:48 am

reylosaur wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

Spoiler:
lol! lol!
@Maria Antonietta

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

Spoiler:

@Darth Dingbat   Very Happy Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:56 pm

reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

I LOVE that theory. It certainly would tie everything together neatly into a little bow.

So...I haven't read anything one way or another, as far as whether Ben ends up being born on Jakku/during the battle of Jakku. However, I've got my own crack theory, assuming that Ben was born on Jakku...

I recalled Pablo saying a while back that time moves at a different pace on force-strong planets, like Dagobah. I wonder if it's at all possible that Rey and Ben were both born on Jakku around the same time, and whatever force/strange things going on on Jakku created a bond between them. However, since Rey never left Jakku, she aged more slowly than Ben and appears to be ~10 years younger than he is. Total crack, I know, but I was trying to come up with a way for her and Ben to have a pre-existing connection if they haven't met before. (Granted, I think that the most likely explanation is probably some combination of a prophecy/dreams/visions.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:14 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

I LOVE that theory. It certainly would tie everything together neatly into a little bow.

So...I haven't read anything one way or another, as far as whether Ben ends up being born on Jakku/during the battle of Jakku. However, I've got my own crack theory, assuming that Ben was born on Jakku...  

I recalled Pablo saying a while back that time moves at a different pace on force-strong planets, like Dagobah. I wonder if it's at all possible that Rey and Ben were both born on Jakku around the same time, and whatever force/strange things going on on Jakku created a bond between them. However, since Rey never left Jakku, she aged more slowly than Ben and appears to be ~10 years younger than he is. Total crack, I know, but I was trying to come up with a way for her and Ben to have a pre-existing connection if they haven't met before. (Granted, I think that the most likely explanation is probably some combination of a prophecy/dreams/visions.)
@ISeeAnIsland

Something else just occurred to me!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:19 pm

reylosaur wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

@ISeeAnIsland

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

The poetry of that is amazing. If that doesn't turn out to be the case, I have a hard time thinking of any other backstory that would tie everything together so beautifully.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:26 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:The poetry of that is amazing. If that doesn't turn out to be the case, I have a hard time thinking of any other backstory that would tie everything together so beautifully.
@ISeeAnIsland

It gives me actual chills, in a good way! If this is where they intend to go by giving Rey a "profoundly satisfying" backstory, then count me in as profoundly satisfied. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:27 pm

Man, I love this theory about Rey's parents possibly being responsible for releasing some ancient dark side evil sealed within the core of a planet. The idea of Snoke being some kind of primal evil that was hidden away for thousands of years is just perfectly satisfying, maybe by the First Jedi? I hope at least that's true. Pls. <3
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:33 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Man, I love this theory about Rey's parents possibly being responsible for releasing some ancient dark side evil sealed within the core of a planet. The idea of Snoke being some kind of primal evil that was hidden away for thousands of years is just perfectly satisfying, maybe by the First Jedi? I hope at least that's true. Pls. <3
@FrolickingFizzgig

It could certainly explain why Luke (and possibly Ben/Kylo) was so keen to find the first Jedi temple. Perhaps the temple has whatever information is needed to either re-seal Snoke or destroy him.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 13 Feb 2017, 1:55 pm

I'm glad that there seems to be a better chance that Snoke is the embodiment of some ancient dark evil, since that's been my theory for a while. And that he's been body-hopping, and Kylo is the prime target.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 13 Feb 2017, 2:30 pm

I like how all the theories around here are finally getting validation and attention from other sources. This is so much more satisfying than all the popular Snoke/background theories due to the way it ties things up. It's satisfying without being nostalgia pandering like ReySky/ReySolo.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 13 Feb 2017, 2:37 pm

reylosaur wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
reylosaur wrote:

Spoiler:
@Darth Dingbat

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

@ISeeAnIsland

Spoiler:
@reylosaur

Like literally coming from the belly of the beast. Excellent theory!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:09 pm

It's getting crazier...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:19 pm

Spoiler:
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Spoiler:
@ZioRen

Spoiler:
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 13 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Spoiler:
@ZioRen

Ever since I read Life Debt...

spoiler:
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2017, 4:44 pm

I don't know if I should put this in spoiler tags or not because the information comes from Aftermath: Life Debt. Anyway... The anchorites were first mentioned in that book, I think. The Plaintive Hand Plateau, the place Palpatine was excavating when Gallius Rax first encounters him as a boy, was regarded as a holy place by the anchorites. They believed it was the home of the 'Consecrated Eremite' thousands of years before when Jakku was a green, lush and vegetated planet.

There was also mention of anchorite nuns running an orphanage on Jakku.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next