Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

+61
Krafty
Kessel
Lucina
tintarelladiluna
Tex
SkyStar
Millicent the Cat
SanghaRen
BigDeal2187
Darth Dingbat
panki
soulluos
Lily Snape
Moonlight13
reylo1992
kassadin
MissG
Casper
rey09
snufkin
IoJovi
Geralt_Riv
vaderito
motherofpearl1
Helix
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ReyofLightSide
ISeeAnIsland
Darth_Awakened
Irina de France
SoloSideCousin
Blood Moon
nonesuch
ZioRen
Birdwoman
Marchtwin
Airemyn
Xylo Ren
Macha Ren
Armadeus
tukicarreno
SheLitAFire
Piper Maru
salmund
jakkusun
fuhry
Moonjump05
Darth Rowan
Kyla Ren
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
EchoBase
DarthRen
Gemini
Reylo Lemon
Rimfaxe96
kroi
BenRey
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
65 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Helix Fri 09 Jun 2017, 3:45 pm

I want to appreciate Kylo's angsty over the shoulder look pose. What a dreamy bad boy.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread)

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 09 Jun 2017, 3:50 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:So...back to this pic, which seems to have kind of gotten glossed over in GermanToyCollectorMagHelmetPabloGate yestserday:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 2 18882040_807374219411302_144708443252965230_n

It's blurry as heck, but for the Rey pic, I think that looks like Ahch-To in the background. And she appears to be wearing her new "Jedi" outfit in the pic. So, that would suggest that at least Rey and Luke stick around Ahch-To for a little while after the Rain Fight.
@ISeeAnIsland

Someone also suggested at the other place that on the Kylo pic there's a baddy BB in front of him. Can't be sure at all. It's too blurry.
I agree on Rey - the hair suggested there're no three buns any more.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Jun 2017, 3:57 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:So...back to this pic, which seems to have kind of gotten glossed over in GermanToyCollectorMagHelmetPabloGate yestserday:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 2 18882040_807374219411302_144708443252965230_n

It's blurry as heck, but for the Rey pic, I think that looks like Ahch-To in the background. And she appears to be wearing her new "Jedi" outfit in the pic. So, that would suggest that at least Rey and Luke stick around Ahch-To for a little while after the Rain Fight.
@ISeeAnIsland

Someone also suggested at the other place that on the Kylo pic there's a baddy BB in front of him. Can't be sure at all. It's too blurry.
I agree on Rey - the hair suggested there're no three buns any more.
@Darth_Awakened

I see what they're talking about with the Evil BB-8... It does look like there's some black round object down around his knees.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:01 pm

It would make sense for BB-H8 to be with him when flying solo.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:06 pm

https://twitter.com/ZacYates87/status/872913892006952960
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/873256072487739392
https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/873281555728285696

Does that mean that the KOR could be force sensitive???? Wow, I was wrong then.
Also, the part with Kylo wanting his family to rule the galaxy could be a "translation issue".
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:17 pm

Saw this pop up as part of a promo for Battlefront II:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 2 DB5U3QpXgAEPnC6

Kylo Ren: Power Reach and Solid Freeze
Rey: Far Sight and Deep Mind

I'd guess that we saw "Power Reach" and "Solid Freeze" before in TFA.

Any idea what "Far Sight" and "Deep Mind" are?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:23 pm

As Rey, use your epic Star Cards to increase your radius of vision, revealing enemies’ hidden positions through walls with Far Sight, then impair their movement for a greater duration using Deep Mind. As Kylo Ren, use your Solid Freeze epic Star Card to increase the time you freeze your opponents in fear, then pull them towards you over even greater distances with Power Reach.

http://wccftech.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii-fall-beta-more/
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:25 pm

EchoBase wrote:https://twitter.com/ZacYates87/status/872913892006952960

Also, the part with Kylo wanting his family to rule the galaxy could be a "translation issue".
@EchoBase

Actually I understood the tweet as the confirmation of KOR not being FS in the canon. The guy said they would correct the reprint of the toy box text.
Or I'am completely wrong?

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:28 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@EchoBase

Actually I understood the tweet as the confirmation of KOR not being FS in the canon. The guy said they would correct the reprint of the toy box text.

@Darth_Awakened

I read it the same way that you did--that the KoR are NOT FS in canon.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:29 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@EchoBase

@Darth_Awakened

I thought they meant the visiual dictionary, because Leland Chee is part of the story group. But you could be right, though. Would make more sense.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:46 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
As Rey, use your epic Star Cards to increase your radius of vision, revealing enemies’ hidden positions through walls with Far Sight, then impair their movement for a greater duration using Deep Mind. As Kylo Ren, use your Solid Freeze epic Star Card to increase the time you freeze your opponents in fear, then pull them towards you over even greater distances with Power Reach.

@Darth Dingbat

So, those are interesting skills...

There was some talk back around the time of SWC of Rey having a "mind control" skill in the Battlefront II game, but I'm guessing now that's referring to Deep Mind.

I wonder how "Deep Mind" varies from "Solid Freeze", outside of the way that "Solid Freeze" sounds dark side-ish.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 09 Jun 2017, 4:48 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

There was some talk back around the time of SWC of Rey having a "mind control" skill in the Battlefront II game, but I'm guessing now that's referring to Deep Mind.

I wonder how "Deep Mind" varies from "Solid Freeze", outside of the way that "Solid Freeze" sounds dark side-ish.
@ISeeAnIsland

I remember this. Rey had the power to scramble her opponents minds. That sounds far, fae worse than any type of Force power Kylo has demonstrated in TFA.

I would never want to get on her bad side.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 09 Jun 2017, 5:00 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

I remember this. Rey had the power to scramble her opponents minds. That sounds far, fae worse than any type of Force power Kylo has demonstrated in TFA.

@IoJovi

Impairing people's movement definitely sounds pretty sinister to me, because how is she impairing people? She would either have to physically paralyze them or at the very least make them extremely slow-moving, and that sounds too close to Kylo's freezing to me. The other way would be to impair their movement by interfering with their mental processes and decision making, which sounds pretty "Deep Mindish", so I think the mind scrambling/manipulation thing still stands IMO. Kylo does a HP "petrificalus" and "accio" on people ... while she might be able to pull off a brainwashed/hypnotized Krum in the maze ... Yeah, definitely don't want to run into her wrath, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Jun 2017, 5:10 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

Impairing people's movement definitely sounds pretty sinister to me, because how is she impairing people? She would either have to physically paralyze them or at the very least make them extremely slow-moving, and that sounds too close to Kylo's freezing to me. The other way would be to impair their movement by interfering with their mental processes and decision making, which sounds pretty "Deep Mindish", so I think the mind scrambling/manipulation thing still stands IMO. Kylo does a HP "petrificalus" and "accio" on people ... while she might be able to pull off a brainwashed/hypnotized Krum in the maze ... Yeah, definitely don't want to run into her wrath, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

None of this changes the feeling that I initially had when I'd heard that Rey is supposed to get "mind control" powers for BF II. There's no way to describe these things--whether you call it "Deep Mind" or "mind control" that make it sound at all Light side-ish in nature.

I really wonder where she learns these... Luke? Some Force ghost or vision thing? Kylo? Or maybe she pulls it out of Kylo's head again?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Fri 09 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@SoloSideCousin

I'm reminded of Ezra forcing an Imperial walker driver to shoot Stormtroopers and then fall to his death... I don't know if Deep Mind is an ability like this, but it certainly sounds very "dark".
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 09 Jun 2017, 5:20 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@SoloSideCousin

None of this changes the feeling that I initially had when I'd heard that Rey is supposed to get "mind control" powers for BF II. There's no way to describe these things--whether you call it "Deep Mind" or "mind control" that make it sound at all Light side-ish in nature.

I really wonder where she learns these... Luke? Some Force ghost or vision thing? Kylo? Or maybe she pulls it out of Kylo's head again?
@ISeeAnIsland

It does seem rather Kylo-ish. Messing with minds seems to be his particular specialty.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 09 Jun 2017, 5:59 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Any idea what "Far Sight" and "Deep Mind" are?
@ISeeAnIsland

I think we already saw "Far Sight" (in its untrained, unfocused form) when Rey is running through the forest on Takodana. Remember how she turns around, and appears to hear/sense someone in the forest, right before Kylo Ren shows up?

(For the gamers among us, it might be similar to the listen mode from The Last Of Us.)
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 09 Jun 2017, 6:06 pm

ZioRen wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

I remember this.  Rey had the power to scramble her opponents minds.  That sounds far, fae worse than any type of Force power Kylo has demonstrated in TFA.

@IoJovi

Impairing people's movement definitely sounds pretty sinister to me, because how is she impairing people? She would either have to physically paralyze them or at the very least make them extremely slow-moving, and that sounds too close to Kylo's freezing to me.  The other way would be to impair their movement by interfering with their mental processes and decision making, which sounds pretty "Deep Mindish", so I think the mind scrambling/manipulation thing still stands IMO.  Kylo does a HP "petrificalus" and "accio" on people ... while she might be able to pull off a brainwashed/hypnotized Krum in the maze ... Yeah, definitely don't want to run into her wrath, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

None of this changes the feeling that I initially had when I'd heard that Rey is supposed to get "mind control" powers for BF II.  There's no way to describe these things--whether you call it "Deep Mind" or "mind control" that make it sound at all Light side-ish in nature.

@ISeeAnIsland

It does seem rather Kylo-ish. Messing with minds seems to be his particular specialty.
@ZioRen

It's interesting that he's not able to use some version of it though, when the interrogation scenes show that he is definitely a mind specialist in ways Vader or Luke never were.

But in the game he seems to be have "physical-centered" powers, like freezing and pulling people's actual bodies. She, OTOH, seems to have "seeing through the force" kind of powers. She's not moving them at all, but she can find where they are hidden, can get into their heads, like she has another level of sight, like she gets to look deeply.

But we know that he can look deeply too. He read Poe on Jakku without anybody breaking a sweat. He saw her deep pain ... but when he saw it he felt bad for her. When she saw his deepest secret ... she kind of weaponized it back on him. She mind-tricked Daniel Craig. Then when Kylo offered her/connected to her with the force at the Cliffside, he was pretty passive about it. He might have pushed some dark energy to her because he's half dark ... but she took his offering ... and again ... kind of weaponized it against him.

For all his faults, he never used what he got out of her head to hurt her ... whereas she did. Now you can argue that she had every right to do this because he was restraining her physically and this was defense. That's fine. But these instances show that she is capable of aggressive and manipulative mental behavior in a way he is not or at least hasn't been shown yet. He digs for needed information and he may be mentally pretty rough in doing that (see Poe). But at the same time we never see him doing things like finding Poe's memory of like losing his mother and needling him with it. We never see him saying to Rey something like "you waited like a fool for people who didn't give a damn". We never see him going into anyone's head without him telling them what he is going to do. In fact, he flat out tells them just what he is looking for and with Poe, probably a good model for his interrogation style, he just gets in and out with the needed information without much additional emotional "screwing" with them. And he certainly is never been seen "puppeteering" someone like Rey did or Ezra has.
These "hurting people with their secrets" would have been a standard villain move too, and they don't have him going there. Instead, she, the hero, dips her toe a bit in that water.

I don't know what it all means, but there is going to be something big and serious with her mental abilities and I don't think she will have gotten it all from him because she is doing stuff we have not seen him do.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Fri 09 Jun 2017, 8:05 pm

@EchoBase

Beat me to it!! Smile IDK if they are, it seems strange for them to go through 'correcting' the mistake only for it to be revealed in TLJ....
Leland seems to be saying all of those extra bits are translation issues. I wonder if a German writer went a little fanficy, LOL!
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Fri 09 Jun 2017, 9:06 pm

So which rumors have the sea monster in them?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Jun 2017, 11:25 pm

Kylo Men wrote:So which rumors have the sea monster in them?
@Kylo Men

There have been multiple MSW leaks about the existence of the sea monster, and supposedly, Rey "fights" it at some point.

There was a 4 chan rumor that seems to have some credibility (backed up by one of the MSW guys) that Rey fights the sea monster in the first act of the movie.

And, of course, there were the distance photos of taken in Ireland of a large "creature" that looked like a Beer Can Chicken.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 09 Jun 2017, 11:36 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

That means more Kylo and Rey scenes. Claps
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 09 Jun 2017, 11:42 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Saw this pop up as part of a promo for Battlefront II:

Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors (the "now it's permanent" spoilers thread) - Page 2 DB5U3QpXgAEPnC6

Kylo Ren: Power Reach and Solid Freeze
Rey: Far Sight and Deep Mind

I'd guess that we saw "Power Reach" and "Solid Freeze" before in TFA.

Any idea what "Far Sight" and "Deep Mind" are?
@ISeeAnIsland

These abilities sort of fits them. "Power Reach" and "Solid Freeze" Kylo is the more passionate, agressive, trying to be dominant.

Rey on the other hand "Far Sight" and "Deep Mind" is more of thinker, spiritual kind of thing. Almost as if these are complementing each other. Chou

Could it be mind reading or what was in the reddit leaks that Rey heard the voices from the birds.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 10 Jun 2017, 4:43 am

It seems MSW made an YT channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGjjN8N53ozPnwb9zv-Ru-A

Several short videos were posted yesterday of filming in Ireland. I was not able to spot anything interesting - maybe someone with sharper eyes can.
Reposting some of it here (Beware of BLURRY ALERT lol)

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 10 Jun 2017, 6:06 am

I'm going to egx in September, I'll let people know what battlefront 2 has to offer. Usually get to play it before it's released
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next