Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

+80
cherrylipstick
californiagirl
Gemlake
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Man Without A Star
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Helix
Darth_marshmallow
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
shii405
AceofWands
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Forsythia
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
panki
SanghaRen
DarthRen
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
tukicarreno
MeadowofAshes
Darth Rowan
fuhry
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
BenRey
Piper Maru
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
Maria26
Kyla Ren
LadyHa
Irina de France
EchoBase
Acritiqua
BigDeal2187
CienaRee
Saracene
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
MissG
Mana
Geralt_Riv
nite0wl29
jakkusun
rey09
Lucina
Kessel
reylo1992
DeeBee
IoJovi
Tex
SheLitAFire
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
Atenais
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
Anakin Skywalker
84 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:22 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I think that the people who don’t like the idea of Reylo just don’t fully “get” what it’s about yet Nope Many will change their minds come December, although some will continue to be stubborn because they’ve been an anti all year. Oh well, go find another saga to put all your hopes in to.
@Cowgirlsamurai
Completely agree. I've been saying for going on two years that after the movie is actually out, we'll see A LOT of "Wow! Rey and Kylo, two people who know what it's like to be alone, come together out of mutual compassion and a need to belong! They provide a healing life line to each other. Not at all what those twisted, dark romance loving Reylos who wanted Rey to get dragged down into the darkness by FullDark! Kylo said it would be."

Calling it again now.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by vaderito Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I think that the people who don’t like the idea of Reylo just don’t fully “get” what it’s about yet Nope Many will change their minds come December, although some will continue to be stubborn because they’ve been an anti all year. Oh well, go find another saga to put all your hopes in to.
@Cowgirlsamurai

IMO, reason for that is unclear Rey situation. It may be clear to us that she isn't related but I can understand why it wouldn't be to people who want her to be and those who only read the movie on the surface and see TFA as nothing more but the ANH rehash (and therefore expect ESB parentage reveal in TLJ). Add to it that some fans refuse to accept that Rey and Finn are not heading for a romance and you have a mess. I really hope that TLJ leaves nothing open ended.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:47 am

vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

IMO, reason for that is unclear Rey situation. It may be clear to us that she isn't related but I can understand why it wouldn't be to people who want her to be and those who only read the movie on the surface and see TFA as nothing more but the ANH rehash (and therefore expect ESB parentage reveal in TLJ). Add to it that some fans refuse to accept that Rey and Finn are not heading for a romance and you have a mess. I really hope that TLJ leaves nothing open ended.
@vaderito

I think it’s more a lack of backstory for Kylo, since people love to hate on him, and don’t seem to understand what kind of character he is at all. They don’t want this nasty guy “tainting” their perfect, pure, yet bad*** heroine. Many have agreed that for Reylo to happen TLJ MUST lay the Kylo sympathy on thick because people hate him for killing Han. Not that many antis will read the EW articles but I’m so glad that Rian has come out and said things like “Kylo is complicated, and him just getting his comeuppance wouldn’t make for an interesting story.”
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:09 am

As someone new in this shipping thing in Star Wars ( I mean, I always saw the chemistry between Rey and Kylo in TFA, but I wasn't part of the Reylo fandom, this forum is the first place I talk about this matter), I'm a little worried about the impact of Reylo on audience and Star Wars' popularity. I didn't know there was so many antis.

Of course, I care about the story and its developing, as someone who wasn't passionate about shipping, I always felt that Rey and Kylo had a great potential for romance and I would like to see them taking risks. But I don't want to see Star Wars losing its fans, just because part of the public can't accept this couple.

What do you guys think? I'm being paranoid?
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:19 am

Atenais wrote:As someone new in this shipping thing in Star Wars ( I mean, I always saw the chemistry between Rey and Kylo in TFA, but I wasn't part of the Reylo fandom, this forum is the first place I talk about this matter), I'm a little worried about the impact of Reylo on audience and Star Wars' popularity. I didn't know there was so many antis.

Of course, I care about the story and its developing, as someone who wasn't passionate about shipping, I always felt that Rey and Kylo had a great potential for romance and I would like to see them taking risks. But I don't want to see Star Wars losing its fans, just because part of the public can't accept this couple.

@Atenais

Atenais, I don't think you're that different from some of us here at beginning. I wasn't also a part of a shipping fandom before, to the point I didn't even know what the expression meant.

As for fans - no, it will not happen. The SW franchise is too big, if it didn't happen when PT was out it won't happen ever. You can still see among the fandom (on some other places) a war between hard core OT fans vs. PT fans, and as you saw with TFA it didn't effect anything.

Also, the so-called antis are vocal, but in reality their numbers are not so significant compared to the whole fandom.

So, don't worry - as it comes to fans everything will be fine.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:22 am

@Atenais

I actually think the people who claim they won't watch any more SW movies and threaten to leave the fandom are a small minority. Or all talk. It's the idea of whoever is the loudest gets the most attention, which doesn't necessarily equate how many people agree with them. You can't please everyone I guess. And if people want to walk away because they've politicized everything so much then you can't really stop them. I don't think it will make a large impact if they leave. I get the feeling they're mostly all talk though.

It's sad they can't just enjoy a movie, a creative work of art. Must be hard & exhausting to feel so angry & offended all the time.

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:23 am

vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito
I'm sure some things will be left open ended considering this is only the second act.

Really the only thing that needs to be established for me beyond any shadow of a doubt is Kylo's allegiance to Rey. No more flip-flopping. No more ambiguity. He needs to come out of this with an undying, abiding devotion to her, to kind of replace Vader's mask in his mind with an image of her. The way other characters regard him doesn't really matter at this point. Kylo doesn't need to come back to the light or even fight for the Resistance. He just needs to fight for Rey in a way that is selfless, compassionate and sincere. It just needs to be made known by the end to every single member of the audience that Kylo would never betray Rey. I don't think Rey's side of things needs to be as resolved. She can see him as beneath her. She can use him in a way that makes the audience feel sympathy for him. Her feelings can, and probably should, be left more obscure. He probably even needs to believe that he never has a chance with her, and at the same time not really care because he's not fighting for himself anymore. The dynamic can then still have somewhere interesting to go in IX.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 23 Nov 2017, 11:58 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Atenais wrote:As someone new in this shipping thing in Star Wars ( I mean, I always saw the chemistry between Rey and Kylo in TFA, but I wasn't part of the Reylo fandom, this forum is the first place I talk about this matter), I'm a little worried about the impact of Reylo on audience and Star Wars' popularity. I didn't know there was so many antis.

@Atenais

Atenais, I don't think you're that different from some of us here at beginning. I wasn't also a part of a shipping fandom before, to the point I didn't even know what the expression meant.

As for fans - no, it will not happen. The SW franchise is too big, if it didn't happen when PT was out it won't happen ever. You can still see among the fandom (on some other places) a war between hard core OT fans vs. PT fans, and as you saw with TFA it didn't effect anything.

Also, the so-called antis are vocal, but in reality their numbers are not so significant compared to the whole fandom.

So, don't worry - as it comes to fans everything will be fine.

@Darth_Awakened

The PT is a great litmus test for this. If SW can survive that and the awful Anakin/Padme romance it really can survive anything. Agreed that SW is simply too big a franchise for the vocal minority to have any effect. Personally, I think people will love Reylo (as long as it's done well, and let's face it, they couldn't make it any worse than Anidala if they tried).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 23 Nov 2017, 12:46 pm

@Darth_Awakened @SheLitAFire @Kylo Rey

Thank you, guys. It's nice to hear your more positive opinion. Love
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 23 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito
I'm sure some things will be left open ended considering this is only the second act.

Really the only thing that needs to be established for me beyond any shadow of a doubt is Kylo's allegiance to Rey. No more flip-flopping. No more ambiguity. He needs to come out of this with an undying, abiding devotion to her, to kind of replace Vader's mask in his mind with an image of her. The way other characters regard him doesn't really matter at this point. Kylo doesn't need to come back to the light or even fight for the Resistance. He just needs to fight for Rey in a way that is selfless, compassionate and sincere. It just needs to be made known by the end to every single member of the audience that Kylo would never betray Rey. I don't think Rey's side of things needs to be as resolved. She can see him as beneath her. She can use him in a way that makes the audience feel sympathy for him. Her feelings can, and probably should, be left more obscure. He probably even needs to believe that he never has a chance with her, and at the same time not really care because he's not fighting for himself anymore. The dynamic can then still have somewhere interesting to go in IX.
@MyOnlyHope

Kylo simply needs a hope, something or someone worth to fight for. Actually him thinking he has no chance with her could be good, he'll do anything for even regardless of her feelings. So GA and everyone else will see Kylo would never betray or intentionally harm her. Once even Rey sees that, they could move past this phase onto the new one.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:13 pm

DarthRen wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito

@MyOnlyHope

Kylo simply needs a hope, something or someone worth to fight for. Actually him thinking he has no chance with her could be good, he'll do anything for even regardless of her feelings. So GA and everyone else will see Kylo would never betray or intentionally harm her. Once even Rey sees that, they could move past this phase onto the new one.
@DarthRen

I think it should be a stepping process. He has that hope, but then can turn inward and build up his own self view. I was chatting with my hubbie this afternoon and we were chatting on the simple fact that in order to take care of those around, you really need to first take care of yourself. If you don't have that foundation with yourself, eg. love yourself, respect yourself, then the source in which you try to help others, will run dry. You shouldn't be completely selfless as that only takes you so far.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:28 pm

Bye-bye Anne's of the world and anti's. Waves I guess you'll have to find another fandom to gripe about.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Rylo_s10
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 23 Nov 2017, 3:36 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:
vaderito wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@vaderito

@MyOnlyHope

@DarthRen

I think it should be a stepping process. He has that hope, but then can turn inward and build up his own self view. I was chatting with my hubbie this afternoon and we were chatting on the simple fact that in order to take care of those around, you really need to first take care of yourself. If you don't have that foundation with yourself, eg. love yourself, respect yourself, then the source in which you try to help others, will run dry. You shouldn't be completely selfless as that only takes you so far.
@Starliteprism

Kylo on his own is lost, which was stated many times. He needs someone to care for, someone who understands him and some other purpose. He craves for family, friends and someone who cares. If Rey shows him a bit of sympathy, he'll try to change. This is a two-way street. One cannot work without the other but he has to show GA and Rey he can be selfless to a fault, that is the point. Until then, GA can argue about him but once they seem him doing somthing for her regardless of his own gain, that could change the perception.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Thu 23 Nov 2017, 7:52 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
The PT is a great litmus test for this. If SW can survive that and the awful Anakin/Padme romance it really can survive anything. .
@Kylo Rey

sorry but for me it sounded like for us sound anti reylo fans...
I love PT and think that it was culmination of SW with many elements, including fights, action, more planets, reach environment, really deep complex characters (Anakin was amazing character, he had that multi layered characteristic what we love in Kylo), tragedy, feel of the situation in galaxy with politics, amazing actors (Yes, hayden christensen was exactly that Anakin who it should be, GL created that character and he thought this actor was perfect for it, I think same, young, complex boy, with anger, questions, arrogance and crush on elder girl).

as for Anakin/Padme romance I like it too, and I don't think it was unnatural, if we imagine young inexperienced boy, who has crush on elder girl since he was little kid, I think even those awkward dialogues are realistic.

I understand that not every person feels every chemistry or story, we all like different things, but this current opinion that PT / Anakin-Padme / Christensen's Anakin are awful and there is only OT... it's just unfair, I think people doesn't even think why is it that way, it's just become common fact Sad

sorry if it was too much, it's just makes me sad, that people see only bad in PT, when in OT there were much more mistakes, unrealistic moments and week plot moments, but people are tolerant on everything about OT and opposite about PT
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Empty instagram moved

Post by MrsWindu Fri 24 Nov 2017, 4:04 pm

I was just scrolling through and didn’t quite cotton on it was posted by Mark. I almost got everything in but there was also the hashtag#LooseLipsSinkStarsips

I guess there’s just so much interest surrounding the opening of this movie that he felt inclined to say something at this point?

https://instagram.com/p/Bb5KK1dFWGq/

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 D456d210

EDIT - Sorry I think I posted in the wrong thread
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 24 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Tumblr_ozy2aqXxJc1v3o2r3o1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 24 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

MrsWindu wrote:I was just scrolling through and didn’t quite cotton on it was posted by Mark. I almost got everything in but there was also the hashtag#LooseLipsSinkStarsips

I guess there’s just so much interest surrounding the opening of this movie that he felt inclined to say something at this point?

https://instagram.com/p/Bb5KK1dFWGq/

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 D456d210

EDIT - Sorry I think I posted in the wrong thread
@MrsWindu

Nah, he said the same just before TFA released too.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 25 Nov 2017, 12:52 pm

Uncle Luke strikes again! lol!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Img_0038
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sat 25 Nov 2017, 1:23 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Uncle Luke strikes again! lol!

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 Img_0038
@Kylo Rey

lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Sat 25 Nov 2017, 1:35 pm

Synonyms for nefarious
adj bad, sinful
• heinous
• horrible
• odious
• outrageous
• shameful
• vicious
• vile
• abominable
• atrocious
• base
• corrupt
• criminal
• degenerate
• depraved
• detestable
• dreadful
• evil
• execrable
• flagitious
• flagrant
• foul
• glaring
• gross
• infamous
• infernal
• iniquitous
• miscreant
• monstrous
• opprobrious
• perverse
• putrid
• rank
• rotten
• treacherous
• villainous
• wicked

So, what are we going to choose? Laughing
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 25 Nov 2017, 1:37 pm

Wicked definitely.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 25 Nov 2017, 2:18 pm

The Canto Bight police looks really kitsch Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 1c5eb510
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 25 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

So they have a new version with Luke. ( IMO I don’t think it’s as effective from a design perspective, as the others made use of the profile filling the negative/ positive space )

https://instagram.com/p/Bb7k_QIly1K/

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 22832710
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 25 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm

Yeah, try to date Nefarious Nephew and you'll have to deal with Rey's RAWPOWAH fury. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sat 25 Nov 2017, 6:19 pm

Look who retweeted

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 22 15116510
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next