Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+61
Helix
Birdwoman
DeeBee
rsalex
Marlow
unicorn
ReyloSpanishFan
soulluos
Blackcanary
Macha Ren
Darth Dingbat
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
panki
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Yuugi
Gemlake
CienaRee
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
Meomeo
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
snowqueen6
Kessel
AnneNeville
PalmettoBlue
bashfulblueeyes3
vinventure12
californiagirl
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
AcrosstheStars
nite0wl29
whisperingwillow
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
BenRey
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
reylodownlo
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
grimbergen
kassadin
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
Nimbus002
DarthRen
rawpowah
Darth_Awakened
benorganasolo
Maria26
special_cases
Ynqve
Saracene
teltaru
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
65 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:11 pm

Well, more of this.
Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 KHCmlJH
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Irina de France Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:12 pm

Ynqve wrote:
Irina de France wrote:Last intervention, I swear:

Kylo kills Snoke, becomes the FO's big boss. So... what are his/the FO's motivations now? Destroying what's left of the Resistance/the New Republic? I get it Kylo hates them, but why would he still want to go against the side where his mom and his girlfriend are? Because... reasons? What's the "greater good" with doing that?

And if his intent is to destroy the FO from the inside, why would Rey have such a big problem with it to the point she doesn't want to side with him? Because she has to be a good role model for little girls? Because we need drama for the sake of drama? Because she just doesn't feel like it? And wasn't Daisy nervous about how Rey would be received this time around? If she ends making the "moral" decision anyway, why the nervousness?

Anyway, I'm going to stop because I'm clearly in the minority here.
@Irina de France

I think that this is where the Force mysteries come in. We have no idea what Kylo and Luke have discovered about the Force and ancient Jedi. Maybe there is a greater threat?
@Ynqve

Then what would be Rey's problem here? If his purpose is take over the FO and have them fight the bigger threat instead of the Republic/Resistance, everything is fine and dandy for the latter. If anything, the Resistance would be causing more harm than good by keeping fighting the FO, because that distracts them from fighting the Big Bad. And in that perspective, why would Rey decide to side with them?

And if anything, Rey grew up on freaking Jakku. She's kind and compassionate for sure, but if she had to choose between being a pragmatic for the greater good or an idiot for the sake of morality, she'd probably chose the first if she has any brains, especially if the stakes reach galactic levels.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:12 pm

Looks like our UK critics are watching the film. Expect a new batch of impressions soon

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Img_0122

Also, from another forum:

All I'm gonna say is: Everyone who is worried that this is too similiar to another Star Wars movie can put those worries to rest. This seemed like the vision of one filmmaker coming to life, Rian Jonhson's handprint is ever present in the screenplay but, above all, in the directing.

Also, that one fight scene. Holy f****ing s***.

Wow. Did you like it more than TFA? How did you see it?

Press viewing - I really, really like TFA and I think this was way better. TFA was a necessarily conservative entry point to this new saga, this...is not that Very Happy I'm afraid I can't say much more until embargo breaks tomorrow but what I'd say it's actually not too easy to get spoiled about this movie. This story isn't about a single big twist or reveal.

Which reminded me of this tweet

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Img_0123

They also thought that the movie had a really great soundtrack. Couldn't provide more specific details because of NDA.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:14 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:Looks like our UK critics are watching the film. Expect a new batch of impressions soon

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Img_0122

Also, from another forum:

All I'm gonna say is: Everyone who is worried that this is too similiar to another Star Wars movie can put those worries to rest. This seemed like the vision of one filmmaker coming to life, Rian Jonhson's handprint is ever present in the screenplay but, above all, in the directing.

Also, that one fight scene. Holy f****ing s***.

Wow. Did you like it more than TFA? How did you see it?

Press viewing - I really, really like TFA and I think this was way better. TFA was a necessarily conservative entry point to this new saga, this...is not that Very Happy I'm afraid I can't say much more until embargo breaks tomorrow but what I'd say it's actually not too easy to get spoiled about this movie. This story isn't about a single big twist or reveal.

Which reminded me of this tweet

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Img_0123

They also thought that the movie had a really great soundtrack. Couldn't provide more specific details because of NDA.
@Kylo Rey

OMG I cannot wit for Mark Kermode's review! I love him!

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:14 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:
rawpowah wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig Hopefully. I did cackle at the Collider reactions, not going to lie.

@KrazyForKylo Could Luke continue her training while he's a Force Ghost? Or whatever he is now Laughing Will Mark even be coming back? I can see this will be a debate when the movie hits theaters.
@rawpowah

Being dead didn’t stop Obi-Wan from continuing to mentor Luke so I don’t see it stopping Luke continue advising Rey - unless he’s absorbed into the force or drained of it, whatever, in such a way it prevents him from returning in any form. I don’t see them doing that though, except for if Mark Hamill has expressed a private intention not to reprise his role again. I find that unlikely given his dedication to Star Wars and the passing of Carrie Fisher.

I’m pretty much 100% convinced we are getting both blatant Reylo and Luke’s death in TLJ. I’ve been checking out tweets from people who were definitely at the premiere, particularly folks who have been openly anti-Reylo in the past. This guy thinks TLJ will be very divisive and, reading between the lines, his reasons for that are Reylo and Luke’s death. This particular Twitter exchange more or less confirms Luke’s death as far as I’m concerned.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Eddb7b10
@KrazyForKylo

I checked their other tweets . Unhinged doesn't begin to cover it. I hope Rian has a bodyguard. Shocked
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:14 pm

DarthRen wrote:
special_cases wrote:@reylo1992

First, I really liked Prince Wang So's character's arc in Scarlet Heart Ryeo. He begins the drama as a monster, then becomes more like a dark Prince as his love story with the heroine progresses. But deep inside, he says himself that he is still very much a wolf: the ending of the drama shows very much that he is not meant to be a soft man. And the context doesn't help: the throne is a lonely seat that drives you crazy

Parallels between So and Kylo is insane! Even the scar Very Happy
@special_cases

Let's hope it has a different outcome. No death, Kylo is the last Skywalker and if they all die, just yeah he has to live. Me thinks.
@DarthRen

No, they won't do this in SW. Never.

(Only if JJ become mad because of Rian success and decide to "shock" everybody. And Kathy somehow allow it)
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:15 pm

DarthRen wrote:

First, I really liked Prince Wang So's character's arc in Scarlet Heart Ryeo. He begins the drama as a monster, then becomes more like a dark Prince as his love story with the heroine progresses. But deep inside, he says himself that he is still very much a wolf: the ending of the drama shows very much that he is not meant to be a soft man. And the context doesn't help: the throne is a lonely seat that drives you crazy

@special_cases

Let's hope it has a different outcome. No death, Kylo is the last Skywalker and if they all die, just yeah he has to live. Me thinks.
@DarthRen

SHR is anyway not based on TFA and the other way around. SHR was broadcasted in August 2016. It was the remake of a 2010 Chinese drama Bu bu Jin Xin that got inspiration from a novel. Now, the Princes are different. In original version, the 4th Prince ain't a dark prince with such a dark background and there is no narrative related to a scar. Really don't believe neither in Kylo nor in Rey's death in Episode 9. Please, Disney/LF give us one SW episode with a real happy ending.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:15 pm

special_cases wrote:

Yeah, doubledown is legit.

About Kylux lol! I hope you are joking, Vaderito lol!
@special_cases

Of course I was joking but since Kylo and Hux are going to work together a lot, Kylux shipping won't slow down.

Guys, renperor isn't as bad as you think. It's just Pawn's idiotic interpretation. Kylo's dilemma in IX is going to be Rey or POWAH. He believes he's doing the right thing now but he also wants Rey. I'm in PM contact with the right people so don't worry, this is going to work.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@special_cases

@DarthRen

SHR is anyway not based on TFA and the other way around. SHR was broadcasted in August 2016. It was the remake of a 2010 Chinese drama Bu bu Jin Xin that got inspiration from a novel. Now, the Princes are different. In original version, the 4th Prince ain't a dark prince with such a dark background and there is no narrative related to a scar. Really don't believe neither in Kylo nor in Rey's death in Episode 9. Please, Disney/LF give us one SW episode with a real happy ending.
@reylo1992

Kylo will have to pay for his sins, no way he gets a free pass for this but let's hope for something more original than death.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:17 pm

That guy says reylo shippers will love the sh*t out of this movie so I think it’s best to wait and watch.
Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:17 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
Irina de France wrote:Last intervention, I swear:

Kylo kills Snoke, becomes the FO's big boss. So... what are his/the FO's motivations now? Destroying what's left of the Resistance/the New Republic? I get it Kylo hates them, but why would he still want to go against the side where his mom and his girlfriend are? Because... reasons? What's the "greater good" with doing that?

And if his intent is to destroy the FO from the inside, why would Rey have such a big problem with it to the point she doesn't want to side with him? Because she has to be a good role model for little girls? Because we need drama for the sake of drama? Because she just doesn't feel like it? And wasn't Daisy nervous about how Rey would be received this time around? If she ends making the "moral" decision anyway, why the nervousness?

Anyway, I'm going to stop because I'm clearly in the minority here.
@Irina de France

I think that this is where the Force mysteries come in. We have no idea what Kylo and Luke have discovered about the Force and ancient Jedi. Maybe there is a greater threat?
@Ynqve

Then what would be Rey's problem here? If his purpose is take over the FO and have them fight the bigger threat instead of the Republic/Resistance, everything is fine and dandy for the latter. If anything, the Resistance would be causing more harm than good by keeping fighting the FO, because that distracts them from fighting the Big Bad. And in that perspective, why would Rey decide to side with them?

And if anything, Rey grew up on freaking Jakku. She's kind and compassionate for sure, but if she had to choose between being a pragmatic for the greater good or an idiot for the sake of morality, she'd probably chose the first if she has any brains, especially if the stakes reach galactic levels.
@Irina de France

Maybe it could be as simple as her not wanting to leave her friends in the resistance? Or it could have something to do with Luke? I have no idea, we're missing a large piece of the puzzle.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:18 pm

vaderito wrote:
special_cases wrote:

Yeah, doubledown is legit.

About Kylux lol! I hope you are joking, Vaderito lol!
@special_cases

Of course I was joking but since Kylo and Hux are going to work together a lot, Kylux shipping won't slow down.

Guys, renperor isn't as bad as you think. It's just Pawn's idiotic interpretation. Kylo's dilemma in IX is going to be Rey or POWAH. He believes he's doing the right thing now but he also wants Rey. I'm in PM contact with the right people so don't worry, this is going to work.

@vaderito

Hope it would be more than this because I hope that the whole message of the ST won't be to say that men as usual bring s*** and women are there to heal it. Doesn't seem to me that Kylo and Rey works like that. If not, what's the point to give them both the rawpowah?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm

special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@special_cases

@DarthRen

(Only if JJ become mad because of Rian success and decide to "shock" everybody. And Kathy somehow allow it)
@special_cases

You've seen Rogue One right? People didn't think Disney would have the guts to wipe out the main cast but boy were they wrong.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:20 pm

Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@special_cases

@DarthRen

@special_cases

You've seen Rogue One right? People didn't think Disney would have the guts to wipe out the main cast but boy were they wrong.
@Ynqve

Skywalker line is a bit different to one solo movie, where the plot tells you they gonna die. Characters we barely really cared for. Cassin was interesting, K2O too.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:20 pm

Well, this is going to teach me to stay in the spoiler threads for too long. I'll just wait to see the movie on the 14th and see what happens, and either be reassured or expect Episode IX to be ROTJ v.2.

In the meantime, have fun, guys.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:22 pm

DarthRen wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@special_cases

@DarthRen

@special_cases

@Ynqve

Skywalker line is a bit different to one solo movie, where the plot tells you they gonna die. Characters we barely really cared for. Cassin was interesting, K2O too.
@DarthRen

Point is that we should be careful with being too confident in what Disney and LF will or will not do. I agree that it's unlikely that they'd end the Skywalker line but I can't guarantee that it won't happen.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:22 pm

I don't recall if this was posted. I got it in my PM long hours ago, didn't notice. So if this is taken from JWT page disregard. Anyway, it's a take on the movie's ending:

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Tumblr_messaging_p0riy8JLJB1rsz7j2_500
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:26 pm

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:27 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:Well, more of this.
Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 KHCmlJH
@MyOnlyHope

He also said this:

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 Img_0124

I checked his posting history and it seemed like he got to watch RO early too. Although his original review has been deleted, someone in the comment section said that 'OP checks out.' Judging by this guy's review, it appears Luke lives.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:29 pm

@Kylo Rey

I PMed that reddit review writer and he confirmed Kylo/Rey romance and Luke's death...

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:32 pm

Blackcanary wrote:@Kylo Rey

I PMed that reddit review writer and he confirmed Kylo/Rey romance and Luke's death...

@Blackcanary

WOW

Surprised
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:32 pm

Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@special_cases

@DarthRen

@special_cases

@Ynqve

Yeah, you're right. But let's take account of the context. It's about a squad of courageous rebels sent on the Death Star to steal the plans. And it appears that none of them show up later in the franchise. So of course, you could have had them following all their own paths. But really there couldn't be a best ending than killing them because that makes their suicide mission even more heroic than if they had miraculously escaped. No way they do that as a conclusion of the Skywalker franchise IMO. Just when you look back, you see how much one single family paid  a high price of war over 6 decades.
Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 20 2401bc10
And if you add Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's death, there is no single Episode that concludes without a death and/or dramatic turn for a major character. So I suppose that TLJ will follow the same pattern and if I have the choice, I prefer dramatic ending in TLJ to have a real happy ending as the conclusion of the franchise. And with Carrie's death, we already know that Leia will have died in Episode 9 (although it was confirmed that she would survive TLJ) so it will still be bittersweet because Leia will never know the grandchildren she wanted to have. There were too many deaths and sacrifices in each episode: just for that, Reylo needs to be real to bring balance to the Force and bring an end to this unending. conflict.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:32 pm

@Blackcanary

This is interesting. I wonder how romantic, like what happens to make it so. As for Luke, I have mixed feelings but I can sympathize with OT and Luke fans. The whole OT cast basically got wiped out. Though I suppose Luke can have a very heroic sacrifice Sad

Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm

@Blackcanary

Ugh, really? I'll be way more heartbroken and angry at Luke dying than Han, especially after all he's been through, wtf...

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:37 pm

Nimbus002 wrote:

@Blackcanary

This is interesting. I wonder how romantic, like what happens to make it so. As for Luke, I have mixed feelings but I can sympathize with OT and Luke fans. The whole OT cast basically got wiped out. Though I suppose Luke can have a very heroic sacrifice Sad

@Nimbus002

On Luke he said 'Luke dies but in a very special, beautiful, awesome way'.

He put romance in air quotes, which makes me think it's more implied than explicit.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next