Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+61
Helix
Birdwoman
DeeBee
rsalex
Marlow
unicorn
ReyloSpanishFan
soulluos
Blackcanary
Macha Ren
Darth Dingbat
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
panki
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Yuugi
Gemlake
CienaRee
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
Meomeo
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
snowqueen6
Kessel
AnneNeville
PalmettoBlue
bashfulblueeyes3
vinventure12
californiagirl
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
AcrosstheStars
nite0wl29
whisperingwillow
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
BenRey
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
reylodownlo
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
grimbergen
kassadin
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
Nimbus002
DarthRen
rawpowah
Darth_Awakened
benorganasolo
Maria26
special_cases
Ynqve
Saracene
teltaru
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
65 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:@Kylo Rey

I PMed that reddit review writer and he confirmed Kylo/Rey romance and Luke's death...

@Blackcanary

Ugh, really? I'll be way more heartbroken and angry at Luke dying than Han, especially after all he's been through, wtf...
@Kylo Rey
It sounds like it's going to be a very mystical and beautiful death, like Obi-Wan. No wonder people aren't upset. It's probably not "sad", but hopeful and uplifting in its own way.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 21 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Guest Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm

Nimbus002 wrote:

I PMed that reddit review writer and he confirmed Kylo/Rey romance and Luke's death...

@Blackcanary

This is interesting. I wonder how romantic, like what happens to make it so. As for Luke, I have mixed feelings but I can sympathize with OT and Luke fans. The whole OT cast basically got wiped out. Though I suppose Luke can have a very heroic sacrifice Sad

@Nimbus002

I hope he has a heroic sacrifice, but obviously no one could have foreseen Carrie's passing and therefore the loss of Leia too. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:38 pm

So all along this has been a question of biased spoilers. I guess that was really the danger from the start. We should have known.

Imagine listening to a rabid fanboy describe TFA.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:40 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
special_cases wrote:@reylo1992

First, I really liked Prince Wang So's character's arc in Scarlet Heart Ryeo. He begins the drama as a monster, then becomes more like a dark Prince as his love story with the heroine progresses. But deep inside, he says himself that he is still very much a wolf: the ending of the drama shows very much that he is not meant to be a soft man. And the context doesn't help: the throne is a lonely seat that drives you crazy

Parallels between So and Kylo is insane! Even the scar Very Happy
@special_cases

Let's hope it has a different outcome. No death, Kylo is the last Skywalker and if they all die, just yeah he has to live. Me thinks.
@DarthRen

No, they won't do this in SW. Never.

(Only if JJ become mad because of Rian success and decide to "shock" everybody. And Kathy somehow allow it)
@special_cases

You've seen Rogue One right? People didn't think Disney would have the guts to wipe out the main cast but boy were they wrong.
@Ynqve

Yeah, you're right. But let's take account of the context. It's about a squad of courageous rebels sent on the Death Star to steal the plans. And it appears that none of them show up later in the franchise. So of course, you could have had them following all their own paths. But really there couldn't be a best ending than killing them because that makes their suicide mission even more heroic than if they had miraculously escaped. No way they do that as a conclusion of the Skywalker franchise IMO. Just when you look back, you see how much one single family paid  a high price of war over 6 decades.
Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 21 2401bc10
And if you add Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's death, there is no single Episode that concludes without a death and/or dramatic turn for a major character. So I suppose that TLJ will follow the same pattern and if I have the choice, I prefer dramatic ending in TLJ to have a real happy ending as the conclusion of the franchise. And with Carrie's death, we already know that Leia will have died in Episode 9 (although it was confirmed that she would survive TLJ) so it will still be bittersweet because Leia will never know the grandchildren she wanted to have. There were too many deaths and sacrifices in each episode: just for that, Reylo needs to be real to bring balance to the Force and bring an end to this unending. conflict.
@reylo1992

I agree. I really don't want Kylo to die, but we have to acknowledge that there is unfortunately a risk that redemption = death for him. I don't want that to happen at all. I want the Skywalkers to continue and I'm tired of redemption through sacrifice. I think that it's a far more interesting story if he survives and has to own up to what he's done and move forward with Rey.

But.

If Kylo and Rey has a scene in IX where they meet, and we get a fade to black love scene, LF could have their cake and eat it too where Kylo dies and if they want to revisit the Skywalker line in 10-15 years they could claim that Kylo and Rey had a kid.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:42 pm

Guys

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 21 Gg110
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:44 pm

Nimbus002 wrote:

@Blackcanary

This is interesting. I wonder how romantic, like what happens to make it so. As for Luke, I have mixed feelings but I can sympathize with OT and Luke fans. The whole OT cast basically got wiped out. Though I suppose Luke can have a very heroic sacrifice Sad

@Nimbus002

rawpowah wrote:
@vaderito

Wow am I glad I clicked that reddit link. Thank you! rendeer cheers
@rawpowah

Gosh! I hope it's true, all of it.

If it is, bless that guy! Finally a spoiler where Snoke is depicted as a terrifying villain and one true villain whose mysterious will emerge from the water.

Luke as broken man, I buy it since I don't believe in Dark!Luke scenario and Mark described his character so.

Rey and Kylo's dynamics driving the movie, more than true given the information we were given by the cast itself.

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

special_cases wrote:Guys

@special_cases

This confirms what I always suspected - ST is truly his story with Rey being a POV protagonist. We experience his story through her eyes, it's Jane and Rochester situation.

Also, they are totally Aang and Zuko if Aang was a girl.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

@special_cases

This literally sounds like a Reylo fanfic.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:45 pm

I asked him where Kylo and Rey stand at the end of the movie. He called them star-crossed lovers; said both had feelings for each other but Kylo wanted power, Rey wanted him to let go of it. According to him, Kylo's not giving up on her.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:46 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@special_cases

@ZioRen

Agreed! Lolololol! I'm a bit... taken back by it tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:47 pm

Ynqve wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

First, I really liked Prince Wang So's character's arc in Scarlet Heart Ryeo. He begins the drama as a monster, then becomes more like a dark Prince as his love story with the heroine progresses. But deep inside, he says himself that he is still very much a wolf: the ending of the drama shows very much that he is not meant to be a soft man. And the context doesn't help: the throne is a lonely seat that drives you crazy

@special_cases

Let's hope it has a different outcome. No death, Kylo is the last Skywalker and if they all die, just yeah he has to live. Me thinks.
@DarthRen

(Only if JJ become mad because of Rian success and decide to "shock" everybody. And Kathy somehow allow it)
@special_cases

You've seen Rogue One right? People didn't think Disney would have the guts to wipe out the main cast but boy were they wrong.
@Ynqve

Yeah, you're right. But let's take account of the context. It's about a squad of courageous rebels sent on the Death Star to steal the plans. And it appears that none of them show up later in the franchise. So of course, you could have had them following all their own paths. But really there couldn't be a best ending than killing them because that makes their suicide mission even more heroic than if they had miraculously escaped. No way they do that as a conclusion of the Skywalker franchise IMO. Just when you look back, you see how much one single family paid  a high price of war over 6 decades.
And if you add Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's death, there is no single Episode that concludes without a death and/or dramatic turn for a major character. So I suppose that TLJ will follow the same pattern and if I have the choice, I prefer dramatic ending in TLJ to have a real happy ending as the conclusion of the franchise. And with Carrie's death, we already know that Leia will have died in Episode 9 (although it was confirmed that she would survive TLJ) so it will still be bittersweet because Leia will never know the grandchildren she wanted to have. There were too many deaths and sacrifices in each episode: just for that, Reylo needs to be real to bring balance to the Force and bring an end to this unending. conflict.
@reylo1992

I agree. I really don't want Kylo to die, but we have to acknowledge that there is unfortunately a risk that redemption = death for him. I don't want that to happen at all. I want the Skywalkers to continue and I'm tired of redemption through sacrifice. I think that it's a far more interesting story if he survives and has to own up to what he's done and move forward with Rey.

But.

If Kylo and Rey has a scene in IX where they meet, and we get a fade to black love scene, LF could have their cake and eat it too where Kylo dies and if they want to revisit the Skywalker line in 10-15 years they could claim that Kylo and Rey had a kid.

@Ynqve

Hope it won't be the case. Disney already did it with Will and Elizabeth. And I don't hope that for Rey. Sure, it's really moving to have that kind of ending with this idea of the child as ultimate gift but I hope it won't be the case.

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:48 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@special_cases

@ZioRen

Do you think it's fake?

I'm so nervous.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:48 pm

@AppleCrumble122 The good news is Mark will likely still appear in IX. He's not gone forever, which explains why nobody's freaking out about his death. Becoming one with the Force is really the penultimate goal for any Jedi after all.

Funny, but I sort of had a feeling Luke never left the island. I remember having a weird thought about Luke connecting with the Force while meditating in the Jedi Temple. That shot from the BTS seemed really profound and spoke to me even back then.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 21 PCPov6T
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:50 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:@AppleCrumble122 The good news is Mark will likely still appear in IX. He's not gone forever, which explains why nobody's freaking out about his death. Becoming one with the Force is really the penultimate goal for any Jedi after all.

Funny, but I sort of had a feeling Luke never left the island. I remember having a weird thought about Luke connecting with Force while meditating in the Jedi Temple. That shot from the BTS seemed really profound and spoke to me even back then.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 21 PCPov6T
@MyOnlyHope

That and also because hopefully he has a touching and heroic sacrifice. If this was a repeat of Han's death, I'm sure more people would be freaking out.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:51 pm

special_cases wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@special_cases

@ZioRen

Do you think it's fake?

I'm so nervous.
@special_cases
He definitely saw Rogue One early gave a review just like this. Grain of salt for now but his descriptions actually do line up with reactions.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ynqve Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:52 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
Ynqve wrote:
special_cases wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@special_cases

@DarthRen

@special_cases

@Ynqve

@reylo1992

But.

@Ynqve

Hope it won't be the case. Disney already did it with Will and Elizabeth. And I don't hope that for Rey. Sure, it's really moving to have that kind of ending with this idea of the child as ultimate gift but I hope it won't be the case.

@reylo1992

I hated what they did to Will and Elizabeth and I would hate it even more if it happened to Reylo. I really want Reylo to end up as the one happy couple who moves past their angsty start to build a compassionate, strong relationship based on mutual respect.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:54 pm

teltaru wrote:I asked him where Kylo and Rey stand at the end of the movie. He called them star-crossed lovers; said both had feelings for each other but Kylo wanted power, Rey wanted him to let go of it. According to him, Kylo's not giving up on her.
@teltaru

Sounds once again very much like a SHR scenario with the guy wanting both the power and the girl. Except that the girl accepts to stay by his side but after some times both realize that you can't have both.

Tsss...Court Lady Oh was damn right when she spoke to 8th Prince:

"Why don't you stand for her yourself ? The reasons why men of the royal family become coward is always the same! One day you'll regret it"

Through, I don't like to think of that in term of gender but that's pretty common in movies. Still hope that it doesn't turn like brightlooking wise girl redeeming dark full of flaws Skywalker man. But after all, didn't Daisy say that Kylo thinks he is doing the right thing and Rey is a grown girl t judge what is right.

Last edited by reylo1992 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:55 pm

@special_cases

don't know how real that is- but maybe he first chooses power at the end of TLJ but will come to realize what he really wants is the girl in IX.

If Snoke is really dead or defeated, they must have some new problems to solve in the next movie...so yeah. Maybe it won't be a classical villain but Kylo's inner conflict.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:56 pm

For me I could be happy with this. I think this is a great set for IX. I enjoy confliction in characters. I guess I feel a little concerned that Kylo could end up power hungry but I don’t see it ending that way. Again, the middle of a story is always emotionally taxing on any fandom. It will be presented in a way that it could go different ways and people will speculate.

Thank you for the info, btw.
Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:57 pm

Hux and Kylo contrast would explain Rian's admittance that his favourite character to write ended up being Hux. Laughing
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

Night Huntress wrote:

@special_cases

don't know how real that is- but maybe he first chooses power at the end of TLJ but will come to realize what he really wants is the girl in IX.

If Snoke is really dead or defeated, they must have some new problems to solve in the next movie...so yeah. Maybe it won't be a classical villain but Kylo's inner conflict.
@Night Huntress

That's how usually fairy tales end.

I love you all!!!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Mon 11 Dec 2017, 2:58 pm

He definitely saw Rogue One early gave a review just like this. Grain of salt for now but his descriptions actually do line up with reactions.
@FrolickingFizzgig

God, I hope!

If it's a joke, I'm done with spoilers and wait 2 days for the movie.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimbus002 Mon 11 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm

I’m not sure if he will choose the girl at the end of TLJ, but probably episode IX.
Nimbus002
Nimbus002
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by teltaru Mon 11 Dec 2017, 3:03 pm

special_cases wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

God, I hope!

If it's a joke, I'm done with spoilers and wait 2 days for the movie.
@special_cases

I immediately recognised his reddit handle. He was legit back in the R1 days.

teltaru
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next