Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+61
Helix
Birdwoman
DeeBee
rsalex
Marlow
unicorn
ReyloSpanishFan
soulluos
Blackcanary
Macha Ren
Darth Dingbat
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
panki
BigDeal2187
Armadeus
Yuugi
Gemlake
CienaRee
Darth_marshmallow
motherofpearl1
Meomeo
Kylo Men
MeadowofAshes
snowqueen6
Kessel
AnneNeville
PalmettoBlue
bashfulblueeyes3
vinventure12
californiagirl
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
AcrosstheStars
nite0wl29
whisperingwillow
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
BenRey
snufkin
MyOnlyHope
reylodownlo
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
grimbergen
kassadin
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
Nimbus002
DarthRen
rawpowah
Darth_Awakened
benorganasolo
Maria26
special_cases
Ynqve
Saracene
teltaru
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
65 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 36 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:59 pm

ZioRen wrote:Like @FrolickingFizzgig said in another thread, they could totally be pulling a Zuko with Kylo. He gets the position he wants, only to be more miserable and conflicted in it than ever.
@ZioRen
Rian really is trusting his audience to understand ambiguity. Big mistake, man.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 36 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by reylodownlo Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:00 am

My hope is that the romance does the opposite of Padme and Anakin - he gives up power for love. I'm hoping Rey is Kylo's redemption. But it's also hard to imagine how the First Order could be defeated and all brought down with Kylo surviving it all and Rey and Kylo living happily ever after.
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:00 am

Also, I get a very, very distinct impression that Kylo won't ever be happy or satisfied unless he has Rey with him after all of this. He's not going to be a happy camper that Rey is in the party opposing him. It's going to drive him bonkers in IX!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:06 am

ZioRen wrote:Also, I get a very, very distinct impression that Kylo won't ever be happy or satisfied unless he has Rey with him after all of this. He's not going to be a happy camper that Rey is in the party opposing him. It's going to drive him bonkers in IX!
@ZioRen

Cool

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 36 Gg111
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snowqueen6 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:08 am

Idk guys, I don't want to get excited about this movie just to be disappointed when I watch it. I'm not feeling overly confident about Reylo, at least not about it being mutual. (I'm not trying to be negative about it, I swear, I guess I'm just not the most optimistic person, lol. I'm sorry, guys silent
snowqueen6
snowqueen6
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:09 am

snowqueen6 wrote:Idk guys, I don't want to get excited about this movie just to be disappointed when I watch it. I'm not feeling overly confident about Reylo, at least not about it being mutual. (I'm not trying to be negative about it, I swear, I guess I'm just not the most optimistic person, lol. I'm sorry, guys silent
@snowqueen6
This is likely true as it lines up with other leaks perfectly:

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 36 Tumblr_messaging_p0riy8JLJB1rsz7j2_500
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:15 am

The set up sounds pretty clear, that it is requited but right now the feelings seem stronger on his end. Which makes sense because he’s not the one with a big moral issue over what she’s doing (it sounds like he disagrees but not enough to change his feelings; whereas his behavior is a roadblock to hers). A lot of this will depend on Rey’s reactions and expressions in scenes. It doesn’t sound one sided to me based on what some of the journalists were saying. To bad Padme can’t be a ghost too and talk to Rey!

I’m even more curious and excited for their Forces of Destiny short now. Is that January or March? I can’t remember!
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:23 am

Irina de France wrote:Last intervention, I swear:

Kylo kills Snoke, becomes the FO's big boss. So... what are his/the FO's motivations now? Destroying what's left of the Resistance/the New Republic? I get it Kylo hates them, but why would he still want to go against the side where his mom and his girlfriend are? Because... reasons? What's the "greater good" with doing that?

And if his intent is to destroy the FO from the inside, why would Rey have such a big problem with it to the point she doesn't want to side with him? Because she has to be a good role model for little girls? Because we need drama for the sake of drama? Because she just doesn't feel like it? And wasn't Daisy nervous about how Rey would be received this time around? If she ends making the "moral" decision anyway, why the nervousness?

Anyway, I'm going to stop because I'm clearly in the minority here.
@Irina de France

Is it canon that Rey rejects him?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:26 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:

Kylo kills Snoke, becomes the FO's big boss. So... what are his/the FO's motivations now? Destroying what's left of the Resistance/the New Republic? I get it Kylo hates them, but why would he still want to go against the side where his mom and his girlfriend are? Because... reasons? What's the "greater good" with doing that?

And if his intent is to destroy the FO from the inside, why would Rey have such a big problem with it to the point she doesn't want to side with him? Because she has to be a good role model for little girls? Because we need drama for the sake of drama? Because she just doesn't feel like it? And wasn't Daisy nervous about how Rey would be received this time around? If she ends making the "moral" decision anyway, why the nervousness?

@Irina de France

@motherofpearl1

Yep.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:27 am

For now.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:29 am

ZioRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Irina de France

@motherofpearl1

Yep.
@ZioRen
Well, Rey as a Resistance member doesn't work. Not for me anyway.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:30 am

Why would it be one-sided? That's kind of pointless narratively.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:33 am

ZioRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@motherofpearl1

Yep.
@ZioRen

::puts head between knees and tries to breathe::
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:37 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
ZioRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@motherofpearl1

Yep.
@ZioRen

::puts head between knees and tries to breathe::
@SheLitAFire

I mean, he appears to ask her to join him in leading the First Order and continuing to "finish what Vader started". There wasn't a chance she was going to accept that. She's disappointed in him because she badly wants him to turn back to the light.

So Kylo genuinely cares for Rey and wants to be with her, but hasn't been swayed from his path and now is in the driver's seat of the antagonist faction. This is how TLJ leaves his arc.

What we STILL don't know is why Kylo is so convinced he needs to do this. What is it that he thinks is right?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:44 am

Meomeo wrote:How come the reviewer said Reylo didn't happen? Reading their own (anti-Reylo)'s spoilers, I pretty much see at least One-sided Reylo. Like the bad boy wants the girl but she does not want him cause he's bad. LOL I DIG THIS! Judging from the majority of spoilers I would say Rey does have something towards him buttttt she is the light she does not want darkness. Best fanfic materials right there.
I am all for the angsty fic for the rest of 2 years. Reylo is canon!
@Meomeo

I don't think it's in any way unreciprocated or her feelings are less intense. It sounds perfectly mutual to me. He is the only person who truly understands and accepts her. And she loves Ben Solo because they were both abandoned and misunderstood. Hell, she wouldn't have kicked him out of bed for eating crackers in TFA when he unmasked. But he's a dangerous man doing bad things. Renperor is a path she cannot follow. He'll decide which he wants more in 9 - and it'll be her. And she'll love him too. Reverse Anidala.

And at this point I recycle my original posit that Ben's redemption/rebirth in IX will be a Kiss of Life from Rey.

Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylodownlo Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:46 am

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 36 Kylo10

He'll finish what his grandparents started - balance to the force

Last edited by reylodownlo on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
reylodownlo
reylodownlo
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:46 am

Since I've already spoiled myself re: Snoke's fate... well I guess this solves the question, where on earth could Kylo end up in this movie after he does some radical thing in the end RotJ-style, which I was sure was coming, but doesn't really redeem himself or comes over to the good guys. I reckoned that the only two outcomes would be for Kylo to either fail miserably or somehow succeed. I genuinely didn't think that Snoke would be gone in the middle film, so I was thinking more along the lines of, Kylo openly does something against Snoke and Snoke comes down on him like a ton of bricks, though without killing him. But wow this is bold and I dig it.

Now Kylo will have even more to give up for looooove in Episode IX, heh heh.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 12 Dec 2017, 12:47 am

Meomeo wrote:How come the reviewer said Reylo didn't happen? Reading their own (anti-Reylo)'s spoilers, I pretty much see at least One-sided Reylo. Like the bad boy wants the girl but she does not want him cause he's bad. LOL I DIG THIS! Judging from the majority of spoilers I would say Rey does have something towards him buttttt she is the light she does not want darkness. Best fanfic materials right there.
I am all for the angsty fic for the rest of 2 years. Reylo is canon!
@Meomeo

But a few other reporters have said that there's something Reylo going on or it's canon. One who now ships it who didn't know it was a ship before.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:02 am

Over on a certain other popular Star Wars forum that shall remain nameless, good gravy, they're confiscating the belts and shoelaces. Which is funny. Because I figured they would be elated having Renperor to shove down our throat.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Tue 12 Dec 2017, 1:04 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
I don't think it's in any way unreciprocated or her feelings are less intense. It sounds perfectly mutual to me. He is the only person who truly understands and accepts her. And she loves Ben Solo because they were both abandoned and misunderstood. Hell, she wouldn't have kicked him out of bed for eating crackers in TFA when he unmasked. But he's a dangerous man doing bad things. Renperor is a path she cannot follow. He'll decide which he wants more in 9 - and it'll be her. And she'll love him too. Reverse Anidala.

And at this point I recycle my original posit that Ben's redemption/rebirth in IX will be a Kiss of Life from Rey.
@MeadowofAshes

That seems like a sensible, clear narrative direction to me.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next