Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

+60
kroi
RosiePancake
snufkin
ZioRen
Teo oswald
Night Huntress
BenRey
Forsythia
Ramblingrose
nana7marie
nickandnora
Saracene
Acritiqua
giaciak2
orangedelamer
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
Rei of Sunshine
tukicarreno
Irina de France
Starliteprism
12 Parsnips
CienaRee
Mana
thescavenger
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
IoJovi
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
whisperingwillow
AhsokaTano
Piper Maru
Xylo Ren
Dar-ren19
lauvamp
cherrylipstick
teltaru
MyOnlyHope
Birdwoman
Riri
rawpowah
rey09
special_cases
Darth_Awakened
MrsWindu
Kessel
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Let The Past Die
KyleWren
bashfulblueeyes3
californiagirl
Kylo Rey
cirelle
SkyStar
Gemlake
Rimfaxe96
vaderito
SheLitAFire
64 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by snufkin Wed 28 Feb 2018, 7:10 pm

@Teo oswald True! Just look at the photos of the Millennium Falcon from Solo when it's still owned by Lando and how clean it looks in comparison to the ship we've seen in the movies.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by lauvamp Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:24 pm

Just in case you are interested, I shared pics and translations of TLJ movie storybook HERE

I received my copy this morning from Amazon Spain cheers
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:32 pm

@lauvamp

Wow some of these images are BEAUTIFUL especially the smuthut scene!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:40 pm

@lauvamp

Thanks so much for sharing - the images are wonderful.

I notice it says Rey sensed the conflict in Ben even after FB 2 or 3. In Kylo felt Leia’s presence even in when she was in vacuum of space
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:51 pm

@lauvamp OMG thank you! So beautiful! flower
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:53 pm

5 days to go... I can't wait!!!! bounce bounce bounce
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 01 Mar 2018, 12:57 pm

lauvamp wrote:Just in case you are interested, I shared pics and translations of TLJ movie storybook HERE

I received my copy this morning from Amazon Spain cheers
@lauvamp

Wow, thank you for sharing, much appreciated! Kylo looks utterly gorgeous in the last drawing. Every inch a dark prince. (I love that shot of him in the movie too).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:05 pm

@Lauvamp
Wow, thanks so much for sharing these! I didn't realize when the first image (thigh grab) leaked, but these are actually lovely paintings, not stills from the movie. That's so much better!

Hope you don't mind me reposting just this one, because it's worth sharing on the main forum!

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 CTEE69r
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:08 pm

I'm still confused at the idea that Rey wanted Kylo to come back with her to Luke. That is definitely NOT the impression I got, especially since she just learned he was right about Luke considering killing him in his sleep. Why would Kylo ever want to go back with Luke? Laughing Also I guess there's no question anymore: both this and Fry's novel say Rey saw the future, Kylo saw Rey's past.

And I love that Kylo is described as "concerned" about Rey in the hut. B-but he's manipulating her!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:11 pm

@lauvamp Thank you so much for this!
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:15 pm

ZioRen wrote:I'm still confused at the idea that Rey wanted Kylo to come back with her to Luke. That is definitely NOT the impression I got, especially since she just learned he was right about Luke considering killing him in his sleep. Why would Kylo ever want to go back with Luke? Laughing Also I guess there's no question anymore: both this and Fry's novel say Rey saw the future, Kylo saw Rey's past.

And I love that Kylo is described as "concerned" about Rey in the hut. B-but he's manipulating her!
@ZioRen
Yes, the novelizations are lining up pretty well so far, at least compared to the various versions of TFA. I can honestly tell more effort was put into them this time around. Let's hope this trend continues.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:18 pm

I am so happy to finally have the answer as to how Rey managed to find and get on the Supremacy just as Kylo was waiting for her.

They were guided by the Force! By Fate! It's so incredibly romantic to me Embarassed

I also like that Kylo saw her past and based on this he acted to get rid of Snoke and try to be with her. He didn't want to be with her because of some prophecy, but because he saw how alone she is and how horrible her family was to her, and realized that he could offer her the family and belonging she seeks. flower

Last edited by rawpowah on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:18 pm

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 Img_0275

SCREAMING. (Another Reylo got a copy of the book).
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:29 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Lauvamp
Wow, thanks so much for sharing these! I didn't realize when the first image (thigh grab) leaked, but these are actually lovely paintings, not stills from the movie. That's so much better!

Hope you don't mind me reposting just this one, because it's worth sharing on the main forum!

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 CTEE69r
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ugh! I love them so much I love you I seriously want a tattoo of their hands in this scene, but it’d probably look awkward as heck Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:32 pm

@rawpowah this is where Hux’s “We have them tied on a string” line has a deeper meaning than the Hyperspace tracker/R1 Easter Egg detail. It’s Snoke’s gambit and the idea Kasdan had for TFA (which we all suspected from the beginning) that going into each other’s minds and memories was the central event for their relationship and the ST. Hux may have lost his tracker, but there’s something deeper still.

And those illustrations are gorgeous, especially the hut one.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:33 pm

@Kylo Rey

Omg "needy" and "hungry" eyes, that boy wants her soooooooo bad!

Also everyone is saying their banter is so funny, i need to read this now!!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:35 pm

Guyssss more on the banter!!

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 Img_6117

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:37 pm

@snufkin

Yup. Also, how beautiful is it that Ben (who hates the past and wants to destroy it) saw Rey's past, and Rey (who is afraid to move on from the past) saw Ben's future.

Poetic cinema!
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:44 pm

rawpowah wrote:@snufkin

Yup. Also, how beautiful is it that Ben (who hates the past and wants to destroy it) saw Rey's past, and Rey (who is afraid to move on from the past) saw Ben's future.  

Poetic cinema!
@rawpowah

I was literally thinking about this yesterday haha, great minds think alike! These two are seriously made for each other in every possibly way. Thank the Force... and JJ lol.

P O T T E RY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:55 pm

http://www.starwars.com/news/new-dad-han-solo-challenge-toddler-ben-last-shot-excerpt-exclusive

“What? No!” Han sat up, still trying not to move Ben too much. He was shirtless, and his hair was almost certainly pointing in eight different directions. He probably had crust on his face. He didn’t much want to talk to Mon Mothma under regular circumstances, let alone half naked and bedheaded.

“Leia?” a voice said as the room lit up with the ghostly blue holo­projection.

Ben stirred, kicked Han once in the face.

OMG!!! I'm dying! This book is pre-ordered already!!!!
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:58 pm

Night Huntress wrote:http://www.starwars.com/news/new-dad-han-solo-challenge-toddler-ben-last-shot-excerpt-exclusive

“What? No!” Han sat up, still trying not to move Ben too much. He was shirtless, and his hair was almost certainly pointing in eight different directions. He probably had crust on his face. He didn’t much want to talk to Mon Mothma under regular circumstances, let alone half naked and bedheaded.

“Leia?” a voice said as the room lit up with the ghostly blue holo­projection.

Ben stirred, kicked Han once in the face.

OMG!!! I'm dying! This book is pre-ordered already!!!!
@Night Huntress

“Hngh . . .” Han Solo woke with a tiny foot in his face and an irri­tating droid voice in his ear. “What?” The tiny foot was attached to the tiny body of Ben Solo, mercifully sleeping for what seemed like the first time in days. Han’s eyes went wide. Would the boy wake?

THIS IS SO CUTE. Han and Ben <3 <3 <3

We're getting so much Solo family content!

Last edited by Kylo Rey on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 01 Mar 2018, 1:58 pm

OMG, Ben kicked Han in the face. IRREDEEMABLE.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:03 pm

@rawpowah @Kylo Rey I guess I’m just not good at being a fan or at least getting caught up in the whole lore and rules of the Force/fictional side of things. Because details like that, I immediately read it the same way I’d analyze a book I had been assigned for school. They share a similar key traumatic childhood experience and how that shaped them as people and how they cope as adults are complementary. The Force part is just a contrivance, same way time travel was in Looper, for exploring their psychologies and how they could overcome their trauma to move forward as adults. That’s what makes their relationship and potential together so interesting and unique.

That evil newborn, napping on his father and kicking him in the face. Just for fun, imagine young super messy haired Han with this picture of circa 1970s Ford

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 20 6aa39b10
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:10 pm

snufkin wrote:
That evil newborn, napping on his father and kicking him in the face.
@snufkin

he is already two years old Lolilol

Seriously- I'm not sure I should read too much into it and I'm totally biased. But I have a hard time thinking they just kill him off in IX after revealing more about his childhood and how adorable he was.
Save Ben Solo! Cry

Do it JJ & Lucasfilm or I never ever forgive you! Err no
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:15 pm

@Night Huntress I stand corrected, evil toddler! And no kidding, that’s the type of detail, along with Kasdan and Ford involving some part of their relationships with their sons in TFA (or the birth announcement ad for Empire’s End), where I’m like this is gonna be poor taste if the point is to make him awful and dead in the end.

I do think on par, knowing that background detail, it feels like the story they're telling at least on the family legacy side, is again one about fathers and sons. Which honestly, does suck. Like I can see why some fans were disappointed that it wasn't Rey because SW has such a sh*tty track record when it comes to mothers and if Carrie Fisher hadn't passed away, they finally could've have at least finally shown a character onscreen dealing with being a mother and the relationship with her child (no matter how messed up it was). Because prior to that, it's the Dead Mother trope - Luke thinks about his mom and mentions her maybe once, ever? So I have a suspicion that's why they had Han's death/sacrifice and then all these peripheral details in the film and the books which emphasize his relationship with his son, how Ben has "too much of his father's heart" in him, and the tragedy of what happened. It's telling a specific story about both characters. But uh, yeah will we ever get to see something like a character getting to be a mother or a typical mother-child relationship on screen in one of their movies? That's an actual issue to nitpick over versus the Rey Solo type of conspiracy theories. I mean, Rey clearly had a mother. Just from the inferences, a woman who had some serious problems and a relationship that would be incredibly depressing to depict given what we know about the outcome of that situation and its impact on Rey.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next