Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

+60
kroi
RosiePancake
snufkin
ZioRen
Teo oswald
Night Huntress
BenRey
Forsythia
Ramblingrose
nana7marie
nickandnora
Saracene
Acritiqua
giaciak2
orangedelamer
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
Rei of Sunshine
tukicarreno
Irina de France
Starliteprism
12 Parsnips
CienaRee
Mana
thescavenger
SoloSideCousin
DeeBee
IoJovi
Moonlight13
FrolickingFizzgig
whisperingwillow
AhsokaTano
Piper Maru
Xylo Ren
Dar-ren19
lauvamp
cherrylipstick
teltaru
MyOnlyHope
Birdwoman
Riri
rawpowah
rey09
special_cases
Darth_Awakened
MrsWindu
Kessel
Cowgirlsamurai
unicorn
Let The Past Die
KyleWren
bashfulblueeyes3
californiagirl
Kylo Rey
cirelle
SkyStar
Gemlake
Rimfaxe96
vaderito
SheLitAFire
64 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 21 Empty Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:16 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:OMG, Ben kicked Han in the face. IRREDEEMABLE.
@FrolickingFizzgig

OMG lil evil bastard!

lol!

And I need to read that book!

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 21 Empty Re: The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations

Post by Saracene Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:17 pm

The hut scene illustration is beautiful, but the thing Kylo is sitting on looks super-uncomfortable Smile
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:28 pm

I can't resist! "Big guy." I love you

Ben’s eyes sprang open to a shining blue form dancing around him. He burst into tears. Han shook his head; couldn’t blame the kid, really—Han probably would’ve done the same thing if he’d suddenly woken to find himself enveloped in a Mon Mothma glow cloud. Which in a way he almost had, now that he thought about it. “Shh, come here, big guy.” He reached his hands under his son’s little arms and pulled him up so Ben was sobbing into Han’s chest. Han felt that tiny heartbeat pitter-pattering away as Ben snorfled and sniffed.

He could probably catch a tiny snooze before he had to get ready, Han thought, lying back. Little Ben looked up groggily, those dark eyes settling on Han, studying him. Han had no idea how a two-year-old could have such ancient eyes. It was as if Ben had been waiting around for a millennium to show up at just this moment in history.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:31 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I can't resist! "Big guy." I love you

Ben’s eyes sprang open to a shining blue form dancing around him. He burst into tears. Han shook his head; couldn’t blame the kid, really—Han probably would’ve done the same thing if he’d suddenly woken to find himself enveloped in a Mon Mothma glow cloud. Which in a way he almost had, now that he thought about it. “Shh, come here, big guy.” He reached his hands under his son’s little arms and pulled him up so Ben was sobbing into Han’s chest. Han felt that tiny heartbeat pitter-pattering away as Ben snorfled and sniffed.

He could probably catch a tiny snooze before he had to get ready, Han thought, lying back. Little Ben looked up groggily, those dark eyes settling on Han, studying him. Han had no idea how a two-year-old could have such ancient eyes. It was as if Ben had been waiting around for a millennium to show up at just this moment in history.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I know why Kylo hates the Resistance - because Mon Mothma woke him up!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:32 pm

These excerpts of Han and his little “big guy” Ben in this novel are going to make me cry!

Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:33 pm

Han had no idea how a two-year-old could have such ancient eyes. It was as if Ben had been waiting around for a millennium to show up at just this moment in history.

Han shook his head, smiling. Here he was thinking about fates and destinies.

Ben will finish what his grandfather started.

Last edited by rawpowah on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:35 pm

Oh god, just read those passages and think about the shirtless Force bond scene b/c that's when Rey really starts crying and yelling at Ben about how Han loved him and gave a damn about him. Because it's pretty clear right there and then in tandem, you have to think the inference is that Rey likely never got that from her father.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:45 pm

Night Huntress wrote:http://www.starwars.com/news/new-dad-han-solo-challenge-toddler-ben-last-shot-excerpt-exclusive

“What? No!” Han sat up, still trying not to move Ben too much. He was shirtless, and his hair was almost certainly pointing in eight different directions. He probably had crust on his face. He didn’t much want to talk to Mon Mothma under regular circumstances, let alone half naked and bedheaded.

“Leia?” a voice said as the room lit up with the ghostly blue holo­projection.

Ben stirred, kicked Han once in the face.

OMG!!! I'm dying! This book is pre-ordered already!!!!
@Night Huntress

We are getting Kid!Ben from so many different directions I can't stand it!!  There's some new goodness nearly every day now that makes my heart pitter patter.  I can't believe they would do that just to make this poor child die, redeemed or unredeemed.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:50 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Lauvamp
Wow, thanks so much for sharing these! I didn't realize when the first image (thigh grab) leaked, but these are actually lovely paintings, not stills from the movie. That's so much better!

Hope you don't mind me reposting just this one, because it's worth sharing on the main forum!

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 21 CTEE69r
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ugh! I love them so much I love you I seriously want a tattoo of their hands in this scene, but it’d probably look awkward as heck Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Rey pretty much ended up with that tattoo herself... That scar on her upper arm looks like the two hands touching.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:52 pm

is there already an existing Topic for the "This last shot" novel? Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:53 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

I wonder how many ladies get that cut tattooed on their arm in the same place Laughing
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 01 Mar 2018, 2:55 pm

@Riri @MrsWindu @special_cases @Kylo Rey @FrolickingFizzgig @rawpowah

You are welcome! Happy to contribute I love you
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:06 pm

That's it. If they kill Kylo in IX, I'm officially suing. You can't just do that in the books and then not redeem him and let him live. It's just...no. NO.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:35 pm

Kessel wrote:These excerpts of Han and his little “big guy” Ben in this novel are going to make me cry!

@Kessel

I’m with you there. Han sounds like a pretty relaxed but hands on dad at this stage considering Ben does not appear to be a good sleeper. Hoping tomorrow’s excerpt will feature more Kid!Ben
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:43 pm

MrsWindu wrote:
Kessel wrote:These excerpts of Han and his little “big guy” Ben in this novel are going to make me cry!

@Kessel

I’m with you there. Han sounds like a pretty relaxed but hands on dad at this stage considering Ben does not appear to be a good sleeper.  Hoping tomorrow’s excerpt will feature more Kid!Ben
@MrsWindu

I know. I love how they’re emphasizing that Han and little Ben spent lots of time together when Ben was very young, before he got older and things got more complicated. Little Ben was obviously close to Han. We know he wanted to be just like his him, carrying around the dice and wanting to be a pilot, like his dad. About to C
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Mar 2018, 3:52 pm

@lauvamp Somebody posted your scans and translations to Reddit, so people are curious about it (and making more platonic jokes)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:09 pm

And now the Empire had been gone for more than two years, the remnants of their fleet blasted out of the sky over Jakku just as Ben was being born,

curious that they name Jakku next to Ben

coincidence? Smile
@FrolickingFizzgig as a child he starts to fight against the father Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

@snufkin hahaa I guessed it would happen, the hand touch right? that's the one I found shared everywhere, even 4chan.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:16 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
And now the Empire had been gone for more than two years, the remnants of their fleet blasted out of the sky over Jakku just as Ben was being born,

curious that they name Jakku next to Ben

coincidence? Smile
@Teo oswald

In the same paragraph that says "fates and destinies"? Coincidence my sass. It means Jakku (Rey) and Ben fates and destinies.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:21 pm

“Shh, come here, big guy.” He reached his hands under his son’s little arms and pulled him up so Ben was sobbing into Han’s chest. Han felt that tiny heartbeat pitter-pattering away as Ben snorfled and sniffed.

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 21 Img_0277

Why do I get the feeling that Han was Ben's hero growing up? About to C About to C About to C
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Mar 2018, 4:22 pm

lauvamp wrote:@snufkin hahaa I guessed it would happen, the hand touch right? that's the one I found shared everywhere, even 4chan.
@lauvamp

Yep. People have posted scans or translated items into English before and mysteriously the same items turn up other places on Internet with no credit to the person who put it together
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:27 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
snufkin wrote:
That evil newborn, napping on his father and kicking him in the face.
@snufkin

he is already two years old Lolilol

Seriously- I'm not sure I should read too much into it and I'm totally biased. But I have a hard time thinking they just kill him off in IX after revealing more about his childhood and how adorable he was.
Save Ben Solo! Cry

Do it JJ & Lucasfilm or I never ever forgive you! Err no
@Night Huntress

Haha...this made me laugh. This evening, tucking in my little one after telling a story, within a five-minute span of time, she managed to elbow and smack my boob three times(she was defo overtired, but great aim,... I suppose). Still not a fan of her crawling into bed in the middle of the night because all I feel is flailing elbows, razor-sharp hands, and lethal knees. Yeeouch! ;-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Mar 2018, 5:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Lauvamp
Wow, thanks so much for sharing these! I didn't realize when the first image (thigh grab) leaked, but these are actually lovely paintings, not stills from the movie. That's so much better!

Hope you don't mind me reposting just this one, because it's worth sharing on the main forum!

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 21 CTEE69r
@FrolickingFizzgig

Ugh! I love them so much I love you I seriously want a tattoo of their hands in this scene, but it’d probably look awkward as heck Laughing
@Cowgirlsamurai

Rey pretty much ended up with that tattoo herself... That scar on her upper arm looks like the two hands touching.
@ISeeAnIsland

Makes me wonder who and what the scar will be for IX?

First Han touches Ben on the face, then Rey marks him with the light saber.
Next, Rey and Ben touch hands, Rey and Ben's right hands, and then Rey gets marked on the right arm...
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Thu 01 Mar 2018, 8:23 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:“Shh, come here, big guy.” He reached his hands under his son’s little arms and pulled him up so Ben was sobbing into Han’s chest. Han felt that tiny heartbeat pitter-pattering away as Ben snorfled and sniffed.

The Last Jedi and the Shakespeare Novelizations - Page 21 Img_0277

Why do I get the feeling that Han was Ben's hero growing up? About to C About to C About to C

@Kylo Rey is Ben holding on to his father’s finger there? Aww!!!

@Starliteprism - I’m right there with you! Yep, every night I fight the Big Fight with my two-year old lol.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 01 Mar 2018, 9:17 pm

"Han had no idea how a two-year-old could have such ancient eyes. It was as if Ben had been waiting around for a millennium to show up at just this moment in history."
I've been away for a few days and I'm just catching up now, but wow you guys, this quote. Holy cow.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next