Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 11 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by DeeBee Wed 14 Feb 2018, 12:31 am

nickandnora wrote:Quoting myself here because I found something interesting connected to one of my predictions:

4) Hux’s new superweapon will be Kylo himself (or fuelled by Kylo somehow) against his will.

How certain: Pretty darn certain. Like maybe 80% certain or more? Why? Well, Hux’s thing is impossible weapons so there’s going to have to be something pretty impressive in the finale with that. There was all the talk about both sides procuring the same weapons from DJ (not subtle); FO has Kylo, Resistance has Rey. Also: There was just something about Hux’s first weapon in TFA, where he drained the sun of its energy to charge it… then later on we have Kylo drawing on his pain/wound in order to channel what I assume must be dark side energy (and the camera really zeroing in on that)… I don’t know, there’s the potential to connect those two ideas I think. What I’m less sure about (like have absolutely no idea about) is the mechanism behind it. Does Hux just blackmail Kylo into using his mind to blow stuff up? Does he actually entrap him? I’m think it’s a combination of the two with an emphasis on the latter. But again, not sure about that specific part.
Now, you guys have to excuse me for sounding like a TOTAL newbie here with the information I'm about to introduce, because I'm not familiar with ANY extra canon material outside the Star Wars films themselves. But basically about an hour ago I was like: "Let me search the internet to see if there's anything that fits the description of what I've predicted about an IX superweapon that might possibly use the Force or actual people to power it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Reaper

Most notably, from the above link:

The Dark Reaper worked by harvesting the Force using the Force Harvester, a device that killed anything within range by draining its Force energy and focusing it into beams that dealt massive damage to any object.
So it's a weapon that's powered by harvesting the Force itself, which is essentially what I was looking for.

A quick look at the Force Harvester entry proved even more interesting:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Harvester

An ancient Sith artifact that served as a power source for the Dark Reaper superweapon, the Force Harvester was a large swirling globe that produced a destructive form of purple energy that drained the living force from anyone it came in contact with within a small area, producing a concentrated form of dark side energy that would be used to power the Dark Reaper.
!!!

"You should be honored. You will be the first Jedi in a thousand years to feel the effects of the Harvester. Your lifeforce will be absorbed, as well as everything else in this forest, and in the end, I will destroy the Republic you fought so hard to defend."
!!!!!

I mean, you guys, am I crazy or is this exactly a prototype for what I was suggesting above? That's pretty exciting. I think I found a possible mechanism for Hux's (totally theoretical, borne out of an idea in my crazy brain) new weapon!

(If there's some kind of "weapons of Star Wars" thread or something I should be posting in, let me know. I didn't see anything on first glance, but I was overexcited, lol).
@nickandnora

Hi nickandnora - I don't think this is crazy at all! I love it! Sure why not explore all possiblities! It's fun!!!!
Sometime last year while TLJ spoilers were coming out, I remember I shared something about a lego set showing Snoke on his throne with a machine containing lightning next to him..
[in TLJ spoilers thread I think- Oh I've shocked myself.. I've found it!! Here it is:
http://reylo.skyforum.net/t587p825-discussion-spoilers-rumors
It's so funny to go back and see what we were coming up with! I was sooo off track haaa but it was super fun! ]
Myself and others speculated that maybe it was some kind of force power capturing device and that in TLJ we'd find out Snoke was sucking power from Kylo. We never did find out what that machine was in TLJ!

Your idea here sounds like it's along the same lines. Who knows. Maybe we will see it in IX Smile

Yeah there is likely going to be some way Hux finds to deal with Kylo and his force powers.
it could be the opposite - and that he finds a way to suppress them, rather than harness them against his will.
poor Kylo/Ben I kind of hope he doesn't get exploited anymore in IX! but.. I need to brace myself for the Kylo pain train me thinks..

A weapons of star wars thread could be fun! Especially if including the stuff that is currently legends - i.e. potential future canon! Cool

Keep those creative ideas coming! I really enjoy it when our imaginations are free to explore - and we feel free to share these explorations with each other Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Wed 14 Feb 2018, 3:55 am

Now kylo knows that Rey is the last of the Jedi, he will hunt her down, engage the KOR to find her. ok mine is an excuse to see these KOR sorry sorry , but I want to see them !!!
now I have a question, if kylo knows that Rey will be on his side, because I am convinced that he saw in his vision Rey on his side,
What will Kylo devise to make that vision become reality?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:12 am

@Teo Oswald
For me, but it is my opinion. He will do as Darcy, he will do the actions alone to show himself (and to Rey) that he is worthy of her love. Initially it will do it for pride. <> I mean, he will do good deeds. Example. End of slavery. End of the destruction of planets.

Then because he doesn't have Rey nearby and longing for her love. He will arrange to meet her or let her know that he was changed. And the incredible thing will be that it has really changed. Or I hope that Laughing
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe Wed 14 Feb 2018, 11:55 am

My prediction is:   They won't have Leia's character die. Instead, she will go into seclusion, like Luke.    Finn, Rose and Poe will lead the rebellion.   Kylo/Ben and Rey will work out their issues, and at the end,  Rey will go with Ben as he goes to reunite with his mother. ( It will be like the ending of TFA, where Rey was walking up the steep hill to go see Luke.)   Instead of actually showing Leia, the could have a meaningful look between Rey and Ben as they start their ascent for Ben to reconcile with his mother.

JustMe
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:20 am

Teo oswald wrote:

.@Lily Snape
I’d bet your prediction about Leia’s death and their mutual mourning will be correct. And I bet it will quickly become obvious that Ben is wrecked by his mother’s death and had nothing to do with it, thus reopening possibilities with Rey

I would not be so sure, I hope they show their mutual mourning Smile but in episode VIII, after Kylo refuses to shoot at Leia's ship, we no longer see Kylo thinking about Leia, even when he goes on Crait. they cut and this was a serious mistake. Sad
@Teo oswald

I’m guessing that was because they were saving all the emotional fireworks between Ben and Leia for IX. Without Leia, he needs to mourn to someone (Rey?), and I honestly think Rey still needs the kind of maternal figure Leia would have been to her, the way Harry Potter needs Arthur and Molly Weasley, but obviously that won’t be happening. Rey will probably find the family she seeks not as someone’s child, but in her group of friends, then as Ben’s partner and eventually as a parent herself. And as my aunt, daughter of my truly horrific grandmother, once said, there’s a lot of healing for the lack of a parent in being a good parent yourself.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:25 am

JustMe wrote:My prediction is:   They won't have Leia's character die. Instead, she will go into seclusion, like Luke.    Finn, Rose and Poe will lead the rebellion.   Kylo/Ben and Rey will work out their issues, and at the end,  Rey will go with Ben as he goes to reunite with his mother. ( It will be like the ending of TFA, where Rey was walking up the steep hill to go see Luke.)   Instead of actually showing Leia, the could have a meaningful look between Rey and Ben as they start their ascent for Ben to reconcile with his mother.
@JustMe

This is like Prince Zuko in Avatar: The Last Airbender. His mother leaves (for a good reason— as part of a trade to save his life) when he’s about 9 or 10, leaving him to the not-so-tender mercies of his father. He finds her after the war is over, when he’s about 17. That said, I can’t see Leia going into seclusion—Leia just never gives up or backs down. To me, it doesn’t seem like her character. But they definitely tweaked with Luke’s character, so it’s certainly possible.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:00 am

I hope that mark hamill will be there , at least him.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:02 am

I hope this is the right thread to ask these questions:

What do you all think Luke will be up to in IX? How many scenes do you think he'll get? Do you think he'll be a cameo like Yoda in TLJ, or will JJ insert him in more scenes?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:14 am

rawpowah wrote:I hope this is the right thread to ask these questions:

What do you all think Luke will be up to in IX? How many scenes do you think he'll get? Do you think he'll be a cameo like Yoda in TLJ, or will JJ insert him in more scenes?
@rawpowah

I think Force Ghost uncle Luke will troll his naughty nephew at any chance he gets by pushing him towards redemption and Rey.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 15 Feb 2018, 8:08 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@rawpowah

I think Force Ghost uncle Luke will troll his naughty nephew at any chance he gets by pushing him towards redemption and Rey.

@Darth_Awakened

Seriously? I don't think so... well, I hope not. Because FG Luke will only trigger Kylo towards anger not towards redemption.
It would be much better if Luke appears to Rey instead... and at the end to both of them- like in RofJ
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 15 Feb 2018, 8:13 am

Night Huntress wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@rawpowah

@Darth_Awakened

Seriously? I don't think so... well, I hope not. Because FG Luke will only trigger Kylo towards anger not towards redemption.
It would be much better if Luke appears to Rey instead... and at the end to both of them- like in RofJ
@Night Huntress

It all depends on how Kylo took Luke's lesson on Crait. He didn't look so terribly angry while kneeling at the end.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 15 Feb 2018, 12:34 pm

Lily Snape wrote:
JustMe wrote:My prediction is:   They won't have Leia's character die. Instead, she will go into seclusion, like Luke.    Finn, Rose and Poe will lead the rebellion.   Kylo/Ben and Rey will work out their issues, and at the end,  Rey will go with Ben as he goes to reunite with his mother. ( It will be like the ending of TFA, where Rey was walking up the steep hill to go see Luke.)   Instead of actually showing Leia, the could have a meaningful look between Rey and Ben as they start their ascent for Ben to reconcile with his mother.
@JustMe

This is like Prince Zuko in Avatar: The Last Airbender.  His mother leaves (for a good reason— as part of a trade to save his life) when he’s about 9 or 10, leaving him to the not-so-tender mercies of his father.  He finds her after the war is over, when he’s about 17.  That said, I can’t see Leia going into seclusion—Leia just never gives up or backs down.  To me, it doesn’t seem like her character.  But they definitely tweaked with Luke’s character, so it’s certainly possible.
@Lily Snape

I can't imagine Leia going into seclusion somewhere else either. Even if they try to say that she's off fighting somewhere else, it's going to look jarring that she never interacts with her son in the entire trilogy even when she's still alive. I just don't see them going this direction.

As for the arguments about Luke, I still think there's a lot there that needs to be resolved. If Luke appears as a Force ghost, it's also going to look odd if he never interacts with Kylo. He has much more unfinished business with Kylo than Rey. If anything it was established that Rey doesn't need him all that much. And it was Kylo who Luke said "see you around" to, not Rey.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:17 pm

I think Luke's probably going to reappear as a Force ghost (to Kylo, not Rey), but hopefully just once. I personally think anymore than that would be overkill. Luke's story on this earthly plain is over; his role should now be akin to Obiwan in RotJ, or Yoda in TLJ (that is to say it should be profound, but brief).

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:24 pm

nickandnora wrote:I think Luke's probably going to reappear as a Force ghost (to Kylo, not Rey), but hopefully just once. I personally think anymore than that would be overkill. Luke's story on this earthly plain is over; his role should now be akin to Obiwan in RotJ, or Yoda in TLJ (that is to say it should be profound, but brief).
@nickandnora

Yeah, I mean, no offense to people who think so, but I don't really see why Luke would appear to Rey. It's not like they got along all that well, and part of Rey's arc in TLJ was to realize that Luke Skywalker was not who she expected to be. Luke and Ben have TONS of history together, however. And their final confrontation in TLJ was a big moment in both their stories, but there is still a certain closure needed there - for several reasons.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:35 pm

Irina de France wrote:
nickandnora wrote:I think Luke's probably going to reappear as a Force ghost (to Kylo, not Rey), but hopefully just once. I personally think anymore than that would be overkill. Luke's story on this earthly plain is over; his role should now be akin to Obiwan in RotJ, or Yoda in TLJ (that is to say it should be profound, but brief).
@nickandnora

Yeah, I mean, no offense to people who think so, but I don't really see why Luke would appear to Rey. It's not like they got along all that well, and part of Rey's arc in TLJ was to realize that Luke Skywalker was not who she expected to be. Luke and Ben have TONS of history together, however. And their final confrontation in TLJ was a big moment in both their stories, but there is still a certain closure needed there - for several reasons.
@Irina de France

And if the Knights of Ren have a decent amount of presence and J.J. follows through on Rian's hint about their past as former Luke students, there's places they could go with that. Luke has things to accomplish with Kylo that he doesn't really with Rey. What more does he have to teach her than what he already has? Even Yoda acknowledged that Rey pretty much has everything she needs and it's up to her from there.

Of course, I don't think Luke is going to take on a huge mentorship position for either of them, since the point of TLJ was to push Rey and Kylo out of the student stage so mentors no longer factor in. That's all Luke really could be for Rey, though, while he still has things to resolve as an uncle, not teacher, to Kylo.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:39 pm

Irina de France wrote:
@nickandnora

@Irina de France

The “See you around kid” is without a doubt foreshadowing Luke coming back to Ben as a Force Ghost. Given the fact that I had a hard time deciphering how Luke and Rey were the beating heart of the trilogy as Rian put it last summer (which I believe now to be a Reywalker red herring), I don’t see why Luke would appear to Rey. He however would totally appear to Ben. Given too he’s onto Rey and Ben’s little secret, I can see him realizing his mistake and actually pushing Ben towards her this time around.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:40 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
@nickandnora

@Irina de France

And if the Knights of Ren have a decent amount of presence and J.J. follows through on Rian's hint about their past as former Luke students, there's places they could go with that. Luke has things to accomplish with Kylo that he doesn't really with Rey. What more does he have to teach her than what he already has? Even Yoda acknowledged that Rey pretty much has everything she needs and it's up to her from there.

Of course, I don't think Luke is going to take on a huge mentorship position for either of them, since the point of TLJ was to push Rey and Kylo out of the student stage so mentors no longer factor in. That's all Luke really could be for Rey, though, while he still has things to resolve as an uncle, not teacher, to Kylo.
@ZioRen

Exactly! Rey and Ben's story being coming-of-age stories, the whole point for them is to let go of their search for protection and mentor figures and become their own person, all the while finding each other as equals. And that's one of the reasons why they "split up" in TLJ: they weren't ready to be truly equals with each other.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 15 Feb 2018, 1:54 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
@nickandnora

@Irina de France

The “See you around kid” is without a doubt foreshadowing Luke coming back to Ben as a Force Ghost. Given the fact that I had a hard time deciphering how Luke and Rey were the beating heart of the trilogy as Rian put it last summer (which I believe now to be a Reywalker red herring), I don’t see why Luke would appear to Rey. He however would totally appear to Ben. Given too he’s onto Rey and Ben’s little secret, I can see him realizing his mistake and actually pushing Ben towards her this time around.

@IoJovi
THIS. Absolutely this, especially if now Luke's privvy to all the cool secrets the afterlife Jedis know; you know Obiwan is a total Reylo who wants to make it happen, so he's going to recruit ghost-Luke to the cause. Smile

I think this was something discussed in another thread, but the idea of THREE spirits specifically visiting Kylo is pretty profound. It evokes classic literature like A Christmas Carol, religious imagery such as the three wise men, and just the fairytale rule of three in general. Obiwan, Luke, and finally Anakin would be amazing. And if the three push him in subtly different ways towards Rey, I think that could be really cool.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:04 pm

@IoJovi Glad to see I'm not the only one confused about Luke and Rey being the "beating heart" of this movie. I saw nothing of that in TLJ. They were at odds throughout the most of the movie and didn't part in great terms.

It makes much more sense for Luke to only appear to Ben. If Rey needs more information on Ben's past then maybe Luke can give some exposition, but tbh even 3PO can replace him for that. And even better, Rey can find out from Ben himself and have him open up to her and no longer deflect her questions! It would be great for the two of them and their relationship.

I hope Luke appears as a cameo this time around, just like Yoda did; he can appear to Ben in a key moment that has a lot of impact. After all, Yoda only appeared once and that scene was one of the most memorable scenes in TLJ - so it can be done.

Last edited by rawpowah on Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:04 pm

Obi Wan appearing to Kylo makes a good deal of sense. Kylo is named after him, after all, and TLJ had more than a little emphasis on Kylo as a "hope" like his namesake. They even dropped Leia's famous hologram message back in there as a reminder. I think that scene played double duty in getting Luke out his funk and reminding the audience about the message to Obi Wan.

@rawpowah
Yeah the thing with Rey and Luke as the "beating heart" of TLJ was always weird. But, if I recall, they started to back off of that messaging further down the line, to the point where they eventually used that exact terminology for Rey and Kylo instead. Which was clearly the real beating heart of the story.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:12 pm

ZioRen wrote:Obi Wan appearing to Kylo makes a good deal of sense. Kylo is named after him, after all, and TLJ had more than a little emphasis on Kylo as a "hope" like his namesake. They even dropped Leia's famous hologram message back in there as a reminder. I think that scene played double duty in getting Luke out his funk and reminding the audience about the message to Obi Wan.
@ZioRen

In theory I wouldn't be opposed to a cameo from Obiwan, but in practice I don't know how that would work. Kylo has no emotional attachment to Obiwan and has never met him. He doesn't really mean anything to Kylo. It has the chance of veering into fan service territory. I would compare it to Snoke = Darth Plagueis or Rey = Obiwan's granddaughter. Cool idea, but it doesn't really mean anything to the new characters.

I'd be much more in favor of Anakin making an appearance, since Kylo idolizes him and Anakin could talk some sense into his grandson and help him fix his love life. There are a lot of parallels between the two and, if empathized clearly in the movie, they would add greatly to Kylo's character development.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:15 pm

Oh yeah. To me, Anakin appearing to Kylo is almost a must for IX. After all that buildup, it'd be strange if it DIDN'T happen. Considering Kylo has yet to "reunite" with Vader's helmet, that scene would be a perfect time for Anakin to make an appearance.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm

@ZioRen I just saw your reply. It makes me wonder if initially Lucasfilm was hoping to keep Reylo a secret and surprise everyone in the theater, but changed their minds and figured out they had to be more forthcoming.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:16 pm

I think that Kylo could be in the same situation with Luke as Rey was with Kylo in TLJ - she was angry as hell, but because Kylo wasn't there physically she couldn't hurt him, so she was forced to talk to him.

I don't think that Kylo and Luke are going to have as many conversations, but I think that Luke could appear when Kylo is somehow at his absolute lowest most hopeless point in the film, or something.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 15 Feb 2018, 2:30 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
@nickandnora

@Irina de France

@IoJovi

I think the "See ya around kid" was absolutely foreshadowing that we'll see Luke as a Force Ghost in IX.

But I also think that they'll use him sparingly--we'll see Luke in one, maybe two, scenes, but those scenes will be absolutely pivotal (like Yoda appearing to Luke in TLJ).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 41 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next