Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by californiagirl Mon 29 Jan 2018, 9:45 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
californiagirl wrote:I saw a comment from someone who said they were a Kylo Ren fangirl, but didn't have a crush on him and wants him to die because that's all he deserves. It reminded me of a different comment on a different site, also about Kylo, that said forgiveness is not for those who deserve it, but for those who need it most. The world may not be in the mood for nuance and kindness and redemption in general, but maybe Episode IX could send a message of mercy and hope instead. I know, that might be too much for the GA and especially hardcore fanboys, but I'm not putting it past JJ to do it.
@californiagirl
Star Wars (the Skywalker saga in particular) is all about forgiveness, compassion, hope and redemption, so yeah, I fully expect the last episode of this trilogy to carry on that tradition. LucasFilm president Kathleen Kennedy talked about this as recently as last Star Wars Celebration and it was also emphasized by Matt Martin recently on Twitter. Kennedy went as far as saying that people love Star Wars because it isn't about stark realism or nihilism. It's fantasy, a fairy tale and modern myth in a far off world.

As for this message being too much for the GA/fanboys... definitely not. It's what this franchise has always been about.

Tbh that first commenter sounds like an ashamed Kylo crusher and Reylo. Like, the lady doth protest too much, methinksLaughing
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think the gentler aspects of SW, that is, those not related to blowing things up, is what sets it apart from many other blockbusters. It's a good decision for the long term. Not that I'm inherently against the Breaking Bads and Game of Throneses of the world, but the current obsession with everything going grittier and darker, a la the Dark Knight, even if that wasn't what it was intended to be (i.e. Transformers, Ninja Turtles, DC Universe, botched Fantastic 4 reboot) is a dying trend. Let SW be innocent.

But the whole world is really angry about a lot of things and thinks it does not want nice messages of hope and friendship and love. There's so much vengeful ranting and raging about how Kylo should die because that's somehow logical or morally just. And this from people who claim to know SW better than anyone. That probably means we are, in fact, in need of it more than ever.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Tue 30 Jan 2018, 5:45 am

californiagirl wrote:

But the whole world is really angry about a lot of things and thinks it does not want nice messages of hope and friendship and love. There's so much vengeful ranting and raging about how Kylo should die because that's somehow logical or morally just. And this from people who claim to know SW better than anyone. That probably means we are, in fact, in need of it more than ever.
@californiagirl
Like X10! We need the core messages of Star Wars more than ever. Please let them never change!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Wed 31 Jan 2018, 11:19 am

I have some questions for you. I can not imagine these developments.

-The first question: in your opinion, how should Rey and Kylo / Ben fall in love? I mean, do you imagine that they continue to telepathically deal with each other or will they spend time together?
- The second question. For Kylo I have clear what aspects of his character he must change to bring Rey in his hands. For example controlling anger. forgiveness. Murder. Destruction. I'm Looking for solution ..... I don't imagine what Rey has to change to stay with him. The only thing that comes in my mind is to accept light and dark in his soul. I ask the question. What compromise should they do to stay together?
Third question. Will there be a statement like Darcy ...?. Who should do it? her or him?
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 31 Jan 2018, 1:35 pm

Anyone feel like Luke bringing Leia out of the coma is foreshadowing "Force healing" in Ep9? I can imagine Ben redeeming himself with a huge selfless act which mortally wounds him and Rey "force heals" him back to life. That would actually tie the prequels together considering Anakin fell to the dark side because he was trying to save Padme from death, also it would fix Padme's atrocious death "losing the will to live" urgh. I've seen some theories state that Palpatine sucked out her life form and transferred it into Anakins body in ROTS which i can see making sense. We've never really witnessed Force healing to such an extent, and its such a fairytale ending.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 31 Jan 2018, 5:23 pm

I'd like to see a girls night out with Rey, Rose, and Connix (Kaydel) at a cantina somewhere. But I know they have too much sith to get done for that to probably happen. But who knows, maybe! Sometimes you gotta take a break from the war!

PS-I'm putting that scenario in my fanfic story flower
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 31 Jan 2018, 11:35 pm

I was just thinking about Rey and the Resistance in IX and how their storylines are going to intertwine. And it occurred to me: The end of TLJ, when Rey lifted those boulders in an amazing display, was the first time the entirety of the Resistance, and even the first time Finn, was confronted with the full truth of Rey's power. That's going to leave an impression, and a powerful one.

This is why I'm not sure Rey's story is going to be all that separated from the Resistance, even if she may not necessarily be in a comfortable position with them. I think there's little chance that Resistance top dogs like Poe are going to overlook the fact that Rey is now re-famous hero Luke's protégé and, as far as they know, the only remaining person who can truly go toe to toe with new Supreme Leader Kylo Ren.  And if word gets out from the First Order to the Resistance that Rey was the one who killed Snoke, I wonder how that will affect how they see her. For that matter, what will Rey choose to tell them about that whole dramatic showdown, and when? With how closely she's guarded her interactions with Kylo, will she tell them the whole truth? Will she tell them Kylo was the one who killed Snoke and downplay her own involvement? Will she not deny it at all?

I don't know where I'm going with this, but it's fun to try to predict how the Resistance may see, and maybe try to utilize, Rey's abilities. And how Rey might feel about it.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:43 am

ZioRen wrote:I was just thinking about Rey and the Resistance in IX and how their storylines are going to intertwine. And it occurred to me: The end of TLJ, when Rey lifted those boulders in an amazing display, was the first time the entirety of the Resistance, and even the first time Finn, was confronted with the full truth of Rey's power. That's going to leave an impression, and a powerful one.

This is why I'm not sure Rey's story is going to be all that separated from the Resistance, even if she may not necessarily be in a comfortable position with them. I think there's little chance that Resistance top dogs like Poe are going to overlook the fact that Rey is now re-famous hero Luke's protégé and, as far as they know, the only remaining person who can truly go toe to toe with new Supreme Leader Kylo Ren.  And if word gets out from the First Order to the Resistance that Rey was the one who killed Snoke, I wonder how that will affect how they see her. For that matter, what will Rey choose to tell them about that whole dramatic showdown, and when? With how closely she's guarded her interactions with Kylo, will she tell them the whole truth? Will she tell them Kylo was the one who killed Snoke and downplay her own involvement? Will she not deny it at all?

I don't know where I'm going with this, but it's fun to try to predict how the Resistance may see, and maybe try to utilize, Rey's abilities. And how Rey might feel about it.
@ZioRen

This is an area where JJ could potentially do something original and interesting. Most people expect Rey and the Resistance to happily get along and work together like a sports team, but there are a lot of things that could complicate that like Rey’s powers, her connection to Kylo, and her involvement in Snoke’s death. Hopefully JJ addresses all those hanging loose threads.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Feb 2018, 1:00 am

I'm just wondering, will they ever address the fact that the injuries Finn is recovering from at the beginning of the movie never goes anywhere besides Poe's "Finn? Naked? Leaking?" line and the sight gag. Meanwhile, Rey is off having secret Skype sessions, holding hands, teaming up with, and getting a marriage proposal from the guy responsible for Finn's injuries. Which he suffered from both coming to rescue and defend her from said guy. Like will they ever actually address that point? Also I think at the end of TFA, I assumed that Finn was already on his way to becoming a Big Deal in the Resistance. We know that Finn and Ben/Kylo don't like each other with all of the "best pilot in the Resistance" snark and somebody being snarky enough to blow up Captain Handsome's X-Wing. So there's as much tension/rivalry between those two as between Hux and Kylo. But there's zilch of a relationship or situation to mine tension out of when it comes to Ben/Kylo's history and feelings about Rey. That's part of the problem with having him get a central storyline for the Resistance and sending Finn off to learn another lesson about choosing a side in the fight instead of running away. Because I'd assumed 2 years back that there'd be an issue of divided loyalties for Rey between her friendship with Finn being the closest she has to a brother and meanwhile her relationship/feelings for the guy who's his enemy. With Poe, it's what? He's BB-8's dad and the leader of the Resistance but they have no relationship or tension in that set up.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 6:15 am

In TFA they show us that Kylo sees Finn running away and lets him go. In the interrogation scene he defines him as a traitor. In the woods, Kylo hits him because he is in the middle between him and Rey. Kylo affects him also to make us understand why Kylo has different ways with Rey. He never tries to kill her. He wants to put her on hold. He launches her against a tree but foe me his objective is to resume her again.
I think Finn's growth arc is to forgive Kylo Ren. In the end they were both on the wrong side. Finn understands first what's his place (thanks to the love of Rose?) but the love and friendship for Rey can get past away ....
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:31 am

New very original idea for episode 9.
Nobody has yet expressed an idea like this ....
It is a little fanciful.
I imagined. In Episode 9. Poe and the resistance discover that Rey is connected to Kylo Ren. They send her to him to get the coordinates and attack him by surprise.
Kylo welcomes her. They talk animatedly about the throne room but then the interest they feel in each other overcomes the distances.
At this point, He owns the sith books. She owns the Jedi books. They join forces to explore this knowledge.
At this point they fall in love. Or they understand that they are in love.
We all expect that it will eventually come at the end.
Thinking back to Anakin and Padme in the middle of the film, they ... making children.
For absurd. I thought. And if in the middle of the movie they too make a baby ?.
At this point comes the resistance to kill Kylo.
Kylo is now back Ben (for the Sumerians mythology, making love with a woman for the first time brought the man to a higher status.) He feels betrayed by Rey.
Always at this moment Hux who knew everything, brings up a new form of SNOKE. Snoke reveals that he was waiting for this. That he had faked everything because he understood that both Ben and Rey were nothing and that only an absolute child of strength can be the new Vader.
He kidnaps Rey and drops Ben to the point where he has to ally with the resistance to save Rey. At this point Snoke reveals to Rey who his parents are. Two Sith.

Finn and Poe's must accept Kylo's help to save Rey.
But it would start an epic battle where snoke of confrontation with the ghost of Luke and Kylo and the resistance with Hux and his guards.
Rey breaks free and fights alongside Kylo. Rey realizes that she does not care who her parents were, and fights to live with Ben.

This idea has nothing to do with the knights of Ren. Maybe I have too much imagination....
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:56 am

@giaciak2

well I like the idea of the Resistance secretly using Rey's connection to Kylo...and that at some point Kylo/Ben thinks Rey betrayed him (kind of like Anakin thought Padme brought Obi-Wan to kill him)... but them making a child ? I hope we only see that in an epilogue not in the middle...

And Snoke coming back? There are no words for how much I hate this idea Evil or Very Mad

Maybe that sounds smug but I'm very sure they don't bring Snoke back- they made a point of showing his body falling apart and his tongue sticking out- it's almost kind of disgusting. Anyway I think they wanted to show us he is really that...visually.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:07 am

Night Huntress wrote:@giaciak2

well I like the idea of the Resistance secretly using Rey's connection to Kylo...and that at some point Kylo/Ben thinks Rey betrayed him (kind of like Anakin thought Padme brought Obi-Wan to kill him)... but them making a child ? I hope we only see that in an epilogue not in the middle...

And Snoke coming back? There are no words for how much I hate this idea Evil or Very Mad

Maybe that sounds smug but I'm very sure they don't bring Snoke back- they made a point of showing his body falling apart and his tongue sticking out- it's almost kind of disgusting. Anyway I think they wanted to show us he is really that...visually.
@Night Huntress

Andy Serkis did mention in an interview about the "possibility", but then again, might be just teasing and tooting his own horn because he can. :-p

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/912820/Star-Wars-9-Snoke-Andy-Serkis-is-he-dead-return-alive-Last-Jedi-come-back
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:24 am

@Starliteprism

well, if they really bring him back- I have to deal with it...what else should I do? I just don't feel it would do anything for the story and it would lessen what Kylo/Ben did in TLJ.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:31 am

Well he is probably teasing because he's not allowed to confirm or deny anything directly yet and he probably doesn't know what JJ will do. It reminds me of what also happened on Game of Thrones like 2 seasons ago: there was this character that got dumped by one of the leads and he was giving similar answers to Andy's for months after the season wrapped up, and when the next season aired it was confirmed that he'd been written out of the show. To confirm or deny Snoke's absence in 9 would give too much away, considering all the theorizing that has gone into the character.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:41 am

Ye
Night Huntress wrote:@Starliteprism

well, if they really bring him back- I have to deal with it...what else should I do? I just don't feel it would do anything for the story and it would lessen what Kylo/Ben did in TLJ.

@Night Huntress

Yea, I'm not a fan of the concept of bringing him back in life form, but flashbacks are okay, if needed. I feel like TLJ had to clear the playing field and what is left standing is pretty much what will be in play.

rawpowah wrote:Well he is probably teasing because he's not allowed to confirm or deny anything directly yet and he probably doesn't know what JJ will do. It reminds me of what also happened on Game of Thrones like 2 seasons ago: there was this character that got dumped by one of the leads and he was giving similar answers to Andy's for months after the season wrapped up, and when the next season aired it was confirmed that he'd been written out of the show. To confirm or deny Snoke's absence in 9 would give too much away, considering all the theorizing that has gone into the character.

I can see it as feeding the fires of those that held a candle to Snoke being the big bad in the series and only when closer to crunch time and pushing the last film, the "Snoke is still alive" theory will be quashed.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:59 am

Ohhhhh !!! I like the idea to have warmed you up.
I thought of Snoke because I was trying to make sense of LUke's return.
I liked the idea of telling you that fantasy, because a film like this could surprise me. My theory, is absurd I know. It was the answer. What would surprise me?.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:55 am

Now that Rey has the books she can teach another generation,however  she has little experience, I have the impression that Ben will teach her the ways of force, that both will be teachers and will teach each other things. A teacher who teaches light and a teacher who teaches darkness but that both are in balance. Everything would make sense. A future Jedi will know the ways of force for good and for bad. A full knowledge without the fear of being attracted to one side.
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:00 pm

Teo oswald wrote:Now that Rey has the books she can teach another generation,however  she has little experience, I have the impression that Ben will teach her the ways of force, that both will be teachers and will teach each other things. A teacher who teaches light and a teacher who teaches darkness but that both are in balance. Everything would make sense. A future Jedi will know the ways of force for good and for bad. A full knowledge without the fear of being attracted to one side.
@Teo oswald

Love this!!! cheers

lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 01 Feb 2018, 12:06 pm

@lauvamp

right ? Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 7:17 am

Why does Adam say this about Kylo? I hope They will not make him die in IX. I hope not.
adam: the world is a sad place. i don't think kylo is a villain. i guess we all want to be loved and we all will die one day. nothing matters.NOOOOO, in the end Rey is in love with him and he dies. I hope Disney does better.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 02 Feb 2018, 8:04 am

giaciak2 wrote:Why does Adam say this about Kylo? I hope They will not make him die in IX. I hope not.
adam: the world is a sad place. i don't think kylo is a villain. i guess we all want to be loved and we all will die one day. nothing matters.NOOOOO,  in the end Rey is in love with him and he dies. I hope Disney does better.
@giaciak2

Where is this quote from?  Reading this, it sounds like a very general statement, but if I could read the exact quote or if you have a link, that would be helpful.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:06 am

I read it on Twitter . Now I’m outside home if I can put here the link.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:08 am

My Twitter account is giaciak2 with same photo if you want search me. I re-tweet it 2 Hours ago .
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:57 am

giaciak2 wrote:I read it on Twitter . Now I’m outside home if I can put here the link.
@giaciak2

Really, you shouldn't believe such quotes on social media without source. Very Happy I think that user is just joking about Driver and Gleeson. Really - don't believe everything you see on Twitter, because you will have a heart attack before EPIX start production. lol! flower flower
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:03 am

giaciak2 wrote:I read it on Twitter . Now I’m outside home if I can put here the link.
@giaciak2

I think the twitter user is just making a joke about the differences in the types of responses between Adam and Domhnall. I don't think that is an actual quote.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next