Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 01 Apr 2018, 12:16 pm

rey09 wrote:Have people seen this? Veryy intriguing. How can they put this in marketing and not actually have her do this in 9?

https://www.shopdisney.com/rey-of-jakku-extendable-staff-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-1443592

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 59817893c321cf0001a81a28-image_5d2bad85
@rey09

This is interesting. Disney shop is the official stuff I guess?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 01 Apr 2018, 2:58 pm

rey09 wrote:Have people seen this? Veryy intriguing. How can they put this in marketing and not actually have her do this in 9?

https://www.shopdisney.com/rey-of-jakku-extendable-staff-star-wars-forces-of-destiny-1443592

@rey09

Darn it, it needs to be double sided! Laughing Well I still expect her to make a lightsaber of her own and they've pushed her staff being her primary weapon so I always thought she'd build a staff saber if she built one. Is it weird that it's the saber being purple that throws me off? That's not a color I associate with her at all.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 01 Apr 2018, 3:44 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@rey09

Darn it, it needs to be double sided! Laughing Well I still expect her to make a lightsaber of her own and they've pushed her staff being her primary weapon so I always thought she'd build a staff saber if she built one. Is it weird that it's the saber being purple that throws me off? That's not a color I associate with her at all.
@ZioRen

The other side is also adjustable so technically could also be a double saber I think. Yeah idk about the purple.
@Darth_Awakened very much official

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 01 Apr 2018, 10:16 pm

@rey09

Nice! Indeed how could Disney release this and then not have it be accurate?!
In the book the Jedi Path, there are a range of light saber variations illustrated– one is a staff that is only one sided.
Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Lights10
The bottom tip of the one sided staff (in the middle) looks a lot like her staff in TFA and TLJ to me!
The colour is super interesting.. If Rey ends up with a purple blade what does that mean for the legacy saber's kyber that called to her and has bonded with her? super interesting. thanks for sharing rey09!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 01 Apr 2018, 11:52 pm

rey09 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@rey09

@ZioRen

The other side is also adjustable so technically could also be a double saber I think. Yeah idk about the purple.
@rey09

Purple = Light (blue) + Dark (red). The balance. That’s my theory, if purple is what they go with.

Or just bad*** like Mace Windu. Whether or not you agree with his interactions with Anakin (all the Jedi Council screwed up, I think, including Mace), a Jedi played by Samuel L. Jackson is basically going to be bad***. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 Apr 2018, 1:02 am

Reading the novel, one thing that's occurred to me is what potential gossip/speculation could be shown on both sides about what happened between Rey and Kylo in Snoke's boudoir Throne Room. It's likely Hux will take the explanation that she killed Snoke as a ruse to undermine Kylo. But you'd think the First Order is going to be gossiping and side-eyeing why she left Kylo sleeping off the fight or knocked him out instead of killing him. Like that would seems pretty questionable about what happened. Or at least great, their new mighty leader got the job because he lost a fight and his opponent didn't kill him.

Also just like how they revisit the moment from SKB where he's trying to track her down before she steals a ship, I LOL'd at that moment when reading the novel b/c he gets yelled at in the beginning for losing to a girl and then uses that excuse on Hux (that she beat him again).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 02 Apr 2018, 1:52 am

Lily Snape wrote:
rey09 wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@rey09

@ZioRen

@rey09

Purple = Light (blue) + Dark (red). The balance. That’s my theory, if purple is what they go with.

Or just bad*** like Mace Windu. Whether or not you agree with his interactions with Anakin (all the Jedi Council screwed up, I think, including Mace), a Jedi played by Samuel L. Jackson is basically going to be bad***. Smile
@Lily Snape

Yes, the purple is good. Blue/Light and Red/Dark joined together. I have hope for Ben to have a purple one eventually (or maybe a white one if his crystal is purified). It would be cool and fitting if both had purple.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 02 Apr 2018, 1:56 am

I'd really love for Kylo to purify his crystal. Symbolically, it's great: Still cracked, always cracked probably, but healing. Plus how awesome would his saber look in blinding white?
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Mon 02 Apr 2018, 1:59 am

do we know how his crystal got cracked ? During the flashbacks in TLJ his still blue saber looked fine... Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 02 Apr 2018, 2:23 am

Night Huntress wrote:do we know how his crystal got cracked ? During the flashbacks in TLJ his still blue saber looked fine... Confus
@Night Huntress

I’m hoping that’s a future story.

Perhaps his saber’s crystal got damaged in the temple incident or when he bled it out to make it red.

I remember, right after TFA came out, I wondered whether it was Vader’s saber crystal that Kylo had somehow obtained, but I think that’s probably less likely now.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 02 Apr 2018, 8:47 am

Hmmm I'm all for Kylo creating a new one, but I also wanted him to reclaim anakin's blue one. It would be quite symbolic. Maybe while she has a double saber, he uses two lol? After this crossguard one goes (if it does), he'll need a new bad*** look lol.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Mon 02 Apr 2018, 9:13 am

Kessel wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:do we know how his crystal got cracked ? During the flashbacks in TLJ his still blue saber looked fine... Confus
@Night Huntress

I’m hoping that’s a future story.

Perhaps his saber’s crystal got damaged in the temple incident or when he bled it out to make it red.

I remember, right after TFA came out, I wondered whether it was Vader’s saber crystal that Kylo had somehow obtained, but I think that’s probably less likely now.
@Kessel

Well the common held theory is that Kylo forcibly bled the crystal as he's a darksider and he needs to bend the crystal to his will. The crossguard blades/quillons are tributaries of the primary central blade and are basically vents to let out the heat/fire or it would explode. It's very symbolic of the 'crack' in his soul. Turns out this was unnecessary anyway. Someone on tumblr recently got their hands on Pablo Hidalgo's new lightsaber guide, and posted a very interesting meta.

Kyber Crystals and Force Bonds

Just a brief revisiting of this subject, because I have the receipts now. Pablo Hidalgo’s Lightsaber guide just came out, and it looks like my hypothesis about attuned kyber crystals answering to bondmates over that of other Force users has canon confirmation. I’ll go through the particulars.

Kyber Crystals establish Force Bonds with their owners

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Img_0353

As you can see above, the text indicates kyber crystals are activated for use in a lightsaber through Force-bonding. This bonding occurs when the crystal calls to its eventual owner.

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Img_0354

It seems that, in the case of the legacy Skywalker lightsaber, Anakin lost his bond with the crystal once he bled a different crystal, and it bonded with Luke when it was given to him by Obi-Wan. The crystal later calls to Rey (Luke had long since bonded with a different crystal), and probably established its Force Bond with her during her vision in Maz’s castle.

Kyber Force Bonds don’t Change With the Emotions of the Owner

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Img_0355

I’ve read some good fanfic that play with the idea of a crystal changing color based on the way its user is channeling the Force, but, as cool as that concept is, it’s not the way this works. Once attuned, a crystal stays bonded to its mate regardless of the bondmate’s use of the Force. Hence Anakin’s blade remaining blue even as he murdered children and channeled his Force abilities through anger, fear, and hatred.

But more important here is the affirmation that this is a powerful bond, and one that is key to understanding how lightsabers relate to a Force user’s connection to the Force, and the behavior of crystals and sabers in relation to those who use the weapons when not the owner/bondmate of the crystal.

Sith and Dark Siders Can’t Bond with their Crystals

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Img_0356

Because kyber crystals bond with their owners, establishing a mutual partnership, adherents to the Dark Side must make the crystal submit to their will. This process involves torturing the crystal until it “bleeds,” thus creating the distinctive red blades carried by Dark Side warriors.

I believe that Dark Siders are able to manipulate the sabers of other Force users through a similar act of domination. If the Dark Sider could overpower the Force user with the Force, that same Dark Sider could conceivably disarm the Force user by taking the saber against the other user’s will. The best example of this is probably Snoke with the legacy saber, as he’s able to override Rey’s commands in the same way he’s able to Force freeze Rey and ragdoll her all around the room.

The Unique Case of Kylo Ren’s Kyber Crystal

As has been well established, Kylo Ren’s lightsaber is volatile because the crystal is cracked. Because it’s clear Ben Solo constructed a black housing over his old Jedi lightsaber, it can be inferred that he chose to bleed his existing crystal, an entirely unnecessary act, as we’ve established that the crystal will do as its bondmate wishes, regardless of the way the Force is channeled by that bondmate. This is probably why the crystal cracked: he was already bonded to it, making the domination of the crystal an act of self-injury so profound that he had to exert an extraordinary amount of willpower into the pain and anger he felt in order to accomplish the act. It’s very metaphorical to his entire character, as the persona of Kylo Ren has been self-imposed in order to unnaturally subjugate Ben Solo.

This brings up a compelling notion. In a previous meta (this will be pretty close to exactly what I said before, btw), I suggested that the reason Kylo could not pull the legacy saber to him on Starkiller Base is because it was bonded to Rey, and he was trying to call it to him with the assumption of ownership, rather than domination. The saber stirred toward him, but would not answer, as his Force Bond with Rey was not yet very strong. Later, when Kylo and Rey fight over the same saber, it will not go to either of them, because their bond is now so strong it’s as if they’re the same person (insofar as the kyber is concerned).

It follows then that Rey is able to effortlessly call Kylo’s saber to her because of that same bond. But this crystal has been bled by Kylo, making it submissive to his will, so what’s going on here? When Rey calls the saber in Snoke’s throne room, it’s answering to Ben Solo’s bondmate, which helps us arrive at a pretty heartbreaking, but telling, conclusion:

The crystal wants to answer to Ben Solo, but Ben is specifically choosing to impose the will of Kylo Ren on it. If that’s doesn’t perfectly distill the essence of what’s happening here, I don’t know what does.

Pretty tragic but also romantic on the Reylo side of things.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 03 Apr 2018, 12:24 am

@nickandnora If I remember correctly, it was your prediction that someone will use Kylo's mask in IX or that there will be some kind of fake appearance? (If not, sorry, I can't find that post in this thread)

I was rewatching AOTC today and immediately thought about this prediction when saw Padme in helmet when they are trying to hide the real Queen. And then fake Queen is killed. It will be so cool if they somehow mirror this moment with Ben. Ben is on the top right now like his grandma lol!

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Padme10

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 23 Giphy
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 03 Apr 2018, 12:34 am

@snufkin

“Sleeping off the fight.” Love it. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 03 Apr 2018, 12:38 am

@Lily Snape The ST is 2 for 2 with Hux entering the scene to find Kylo having a post-coital rest after Rey's pulled a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am on him. It's gotta look awful suspicious the 2nd time with coincidentally their boss and security detail all dead.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 03 Apr 2018, 12:40 am

@Kylo Rey

thank you for explaining that... I have to admit I always found the new "lightsaber- crystal canon" a bit silly.
It's making the lightsaber into something like a living conscious being which goes a bit too far for my taste. Rolling Eyes

But reading your posting I now think it's interesting- it does open new possibilities and a deeper meaning for Kylo & Rey's bond in the force.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 03 Apr 2018, 1:45 am

snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape The ST is 2 for 2 with Hux entering the scene to find Kylo having a post-coital rest after Rey's pulled a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am on him. It's gotta look awful suspicious the 2nd time with coincidentally their boss and security detail all dead.
@snufkin

And TLJ is 2-for-2 with Kylo waking up to find someone trying to kill him. Smile But the image of Kylo chilling with a cigarette after a lightsaber battle with Rey is now forever in my brain. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 03 Apr 2018, 3:20 am

@Kylo Rey - that’s really interesting about kyber crystals! Thanks for posting that information. It makes sense Kylo may have cracked his crystal when he bled it if it was already bonded to him. How sad if he “injured” his bonded crystal. If so, his crystal bears the same injury he does now.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 03 Apr 2018, 10:50 am

@Lily Snape @Lily Snape
Lily Snape wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Lily Snape The ST is 2 for 2 with Hux entering the scene to find Kylo having a post-coital rest after Rey's pulled a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am on him. It's gotta look awful suspicious the 2nd time with coincidentally their boss and security detail all dead.
@snufkin

And TLJ is 2-for-2 with Kylo waking up to find someone trying to kill him.  :) But the image of Kylo chilling with a cigarette after a lightsaber battle with Rey is now forever in my brain.  :)

@Lily Snape

I'll just repeat that classic Carrie Fisher quote I always repeat b/c I remember reading my teenaged siblings backrun of Rolling Stones as a kid. That one was deemed okay for me to read b/c it was Star Wars but I always found it far more titillating than the one I did get in trouble for reading, Double Fantasy with naked John spooning Yoko on the cover that was published right before his murder (probably more to do with their politics than nudity). She had input on the script/story for TFA and edited/co-wrote the filming script for TLJ, so until proven otherwise, I think it was deliberate and partially because of her influence:

Carrie Fisher wrote:Her notion of an X-rated sequel to Empire makes her howl with laughter.

"Nude scenes with the robots!" she envisions. "They could do anything. And Darth Vader having an affair, making the princess do awful, kinky things. Then afterward, you could shoot a scene where you see her sleeping contently and have him lying there, smoking a cigarette."

Also one of the best jokes ever on here will always be @MeadowofAshes' observation that after the rift opens up between them on SKB, he's laying there mouthing "Call me tomorrow???" to Rey as she bails on him w/out even cuddling afterwards.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 03 Apr 2018, 3:42 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@rey09

This is interesting. Disney shop is the official stuff I guess?
@Darth_Awakened

I have Anakin's and Kylo Ren's that can be stuck together. Think it's part of the whole force connect thang, that comes with connectors for many of the lightsabers, etc.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 03 Apr 2018, 6:36 pm

@snufkin the moment I laid eyes on Adam/Kylo/Ben, the first thought in my head was THIS was the right Anakin. If only...
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:00 pm

With the talk of Rey & Finn supposedly spending more time together on IX again, how do you guys think that Kylo & Rey will interact with him around?  scratch I really hope this doesn't mean that Rey & Kylo will just see each other towards the end of the third act.

If Reylo is going to be canon, they are going to still need many scenes together in IX.
At this point, I am thinking the only option might be to have force bond moments before the third act?  Do you guys think that is the only way? What are your thoughts about it? I am just praying JJ still includes intimate moments between them despite the circumstances and all the Resistance friends around.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:08 pm

tukicarreno wrote:With the talk of Rey & Finn supposedly spending more time together on IX again, how do you guys think that Kylo & Rey will interact with him around?  scratch I really hope this doesn't mean that Rey & Kylo will just see each other towards the end of the third act.

If Reylo is going to be canon, they are going to still need many scenes together in IX.
At this point, I am thinking the only option might be to have force bond moments before the third act?  Do you guys think that is the only way? What are your thoughts about it? I am just praying JJ still includes intimate moments between them despite the circumstances and all the Resistance friends around.
@tukicarreno

My guess is Rey can spend Act I with the Scooby Doo gang, then go off and spend Act II with Ben, and then spend Act III with Ben and the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic gang for what will hopefully be the happy ending we want.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 04 Apr 2018, 8:03 am

rawpowah wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:With the talk of Rey & Finn supposedly spending more time together on IX again, how do you guys think that Kylo & Rey will interact with him around?  scratch I really hope this doesn't mean that Rey & Kylo will just see each other towards the end of the third act.

@tukicarreno

My guess is Rey can spend Act I with the Scooby Doo gang, then go off and spend Act II with Ben, and then spend Act III with Ben and the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic gang for what will hopefully be the happy ending we want.
@rawpowah

The Scooby Doo gang! Heh... Laughing  I do hope you are right though and they get to spend the whole Act II together, I want to see many more Reylo intimate moments! I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 04 Apr 2018, 8:18 am

I have a different (albeit very specific) idea.

I think Rey will be with the Resistance/Finn in Act I. She and Ben haven't seen each other. They force-connect randomly (Leia's funeral?) close to the end of Act I for the first time since the end of TLJ, and this proves to be a very, very significant connection that acts as a catalyst for a ton of conflict, internal and external.

They spend Act II completely physically apart (no meetings, no more force connects), but the story makes it clear they are both on each other's minds. I believe that Rey begins to learn more about the person that Ben Solo was, and that Kylo tries desperately to shield Rey from danger that she can't perceive from Hux. Rey probably tries to defend him from the Resistance as well. At the very end of Act II/beginning of Act III they meet up again where something significant happens (as it did in the first and second films).

I actually think they part one last time after this, but under completely different emotional circumstances (Ben probably has to flee for his life, which Rey will want him to do) and Rey will go back with Finn. Finally, after another time jump, Rey makes the final decision to find Ben and join him for good. And then we'll have our happy ending. Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next