Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1

+43
Xylo Ren
Darth Dementor
Birdwoman
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Kinbari
MoonlitMoss
Kessel
Darth Dingbat
Search Your Feelings
rey09
Blackcanary
Rimfaxe96
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Maria26
Force22
Little_Boots
Luke Browalker
Mana
Saracene
ChewbaccaFlockaFlame
SanghaRen
MissHarper
Airemyn
Ohtze
spacebaby45678
ISeeAnIsland
Zeralyos
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
CienaRee
Reylo Lemon
Darth_Awakened
AnneNeville
Rogue Rey
BlackIsTheColor
IoJovi
Darth Rowan
BastilaBey
RKR Connection
panki
47 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Who is Rey related to?

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_lcap51%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 29 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_lcap14%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_lcap0%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_lcap0%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_lcap4%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_lcap31%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll closed

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:18 pm

I suspect Prana will turn out to be "somebody" because of his name, but the main reason why I think he's a candidate for being Rey's family (if not father) is that he was mentioned in TFA. Right now I can't think of anyone else who was alluded to in the film in the same oblique way? Rey's parentage was definitely set up as a mystery, and I personally don't think she's a completely random random; I'm pretty sure her parentage will be connected to the plot of this trilogy somehow. As Rey's origin was set up as a mystery, it would be a bit odd if she was really "random" (in the context of the ST) or if there were no hints in TFA at all.

Why not a hint hidden in plain sight, then? Most viewers aren't going to pay any attention to the mention of King Prana - though the fact that we know him by his rathtars is already kind of ominous. If he is, as his name implies, a Force-sensitive king, I could see him being a darksider. If Dubrovnik happens to be Prana's planet, and Finn and KMT are looking for something there, the chances are that he's connected to the First Order.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:24 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I suspect Prana will turn out to be "somebody" because of his name, but the main reason why I think he's a candidate for being Rey's family (if not father) is that he was mentioned in TFA. Right now I can't think of anyone else who was alluded to in the film in the same oblique way? Rey's parentage was definitely set up as a mystery, and I personally don't think she's a completely random random; I'm pretty sure her parentage will be connected to the plot of this trilogy somehow. As Rey's origin was set up as a mystery, it would be a bit odd if she was really "random" (in the context of the ST) or if there were no hints in TFA at all.

Why not a hint hidden in plain sight, then? Most viewers aren't going to pay any attention to the mention of King Prana - though the fact that we know him by his rathtars is already kind of ominous. If he is, as his name implies, a Force-sensitive king, I could see him being a darksider. If Dubrovnik happens to be Prana's planet, and Finn and KMT are looking for something there, the chances are that he's connected to the First Order.
@Darth Dingbat
Knights also work for Kings. The Knights of Ren may have something to do with King Prana as well.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

Is King Prana the guy Han Solo was delivering the Rathars to?
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I suspect Prana will turn out to be "somebody" because of his name, but the main reason why I think he's a candidate for being Rey's family (if not father) is that he was mentioned in TFA. Right now I can't think of anyone else who was alluded to in the film in the same oblique way? Rey's parentage was definitely set up as a mystery, and I personally don't think she's a completely random random; I'm pretty sure her parentage will be connected to the plot of this trilogy somehow. As Rey's origin was set up as a mystery, it would be a bit odd if she was really "random" (in the context of the ST) or if there were no hints in TFA at all.

@Darth Dingbat
Knights also work for Kings. The Knights of Ren may have something to do with King Prana as well.
@FrolickingFizzgig

That's a REALLY good point!

Also, I wanted to mention the concept of "King Prana" as I don't think I've ever mentioned it on this forum. As you all probably know already, "prana" is a Sanskrit word that means "life force" or "cosmic energy" - basically the same thing as the Force. On top of this, "King Prana" is actually a mythological concept in itself. The texts I read about it were really complicated and frankly I didn't understand half of it, but basically, "King Prana" is a sort of cosmic metaphor for earthly kingship: "King Prana" being a universal ruler who reigns over all living beings.

That just might imply something about King Prana's plans in the GFFA... who knows, perhaps Snoke is using and manipulating him just as he's using and manipulating Kylo - only in Prana's case, he might manipulate him through his ambition.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:55 pm

Little_Boots wrote:Is King Prana the guy Han Solo was delivering the Rathars to?
@Little_Boots

Yep, same guy.

In the novel Prana's name is mentioned several times. Even Maz tells Han, "King Prana is not happy."
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sat 16 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
Little_Boots wrote:Is King Prana the guy Han Solo was delivering the Rathars to?
@Little_Boots

Yep, same guy.

In the novel Prana's name is mentioned several times. Even Maz tells Han, "King Prana is not pleased."
@Darth Dingbat

Yea know what though. I did notice the King Prana line from Han the other night and was thinking about my theory I had awhile back that Rey might be a Princess. I never thought more about it because he was mentioned once but now that he's mentioned more than once in the book, that's very interesting indeed! I have a feeling we will definitely be hearing more about this guy.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:00 pm

Oh and it could be that Kylo maybe did know of Rey. If he works for Prana as Fizz said Knights work for kings
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Little_Boots

Yep, same guy.

In the novel Prana's name is mentioned several times. Even Maz tells Han, "King Prana is not pleased."
@Darth Dingbat
Yep, definite foreshadowing. It's one of those blink-and-you-miss-it things that will likely end up being really important. Positing the possibility of a connection between Rey's lineage, Prana, the Knights of Ren and the First Order is far from nonsensical. In the end it always comes back to Kylo, and Kylo will have to be in some way connected to Rey's past, even if it's just through the individual in charge of the Knights of Ren.

Also we've all been theorizing that Rey being a lost princess would make a lot of sense for a fairytale like this. It adds a new layer to Kylo's status as a knight.
Little_Boots wrote:Oh and it could be that Kylo maybe did know of Rey. If he works for Prana as Fizz said Knights work for kings
@Little_Boots
I don't think he met her personally before The Force Awakens because it doesn't fit with the timeline. The massacre happened years after Rey's abandonment, which means Ren's fall to the Dark Side also happened when she was already on Jakku.

Kylo very likely knows what happened to her parents, even if he doesn't know he knows.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:08 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Darth Dingbat
@FrolickingFizzgig

That's a REALLY good point!

Also, I wanted to mention the concept of "King Prana" as I don't think I've ever mentioned it on this forum. As you all probably know already, "prana" is a Sanskrit word that means "life force" or "cosmic energy" - basically the same thing as the Force. On top of this, "King Prana" is actually a mythological concept in itself. The texts I read about it were really complicated and frankly I didn't understand half of it, but basically, "King Prana" is a sort of cosmic metaphor for earthly kingship: "King Prana" being a universal ruler who reigns over all living beings.

That just might imply something about King Prana's plans in the GFFA... who knows, perhaps Snoke is using and manipulating him just as he's using and manipulating Kylo - only in Prana's case, he might manipulate him through his ambition.
@Darth Dingbat

I like this theory! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:09 pm

Yes - even before I considered Prana at all, I thought of the possibility of Rey as a lost princess. That's why I thought Rey Palpatine might be a possibility (still do, just... I don't know how they'd pull it off without running into the same problems as with Rey Kenobi, etc).

"Rey" literally means "king", and the earlier name, Kira, means "ruler". Daisy had a dialect coach to make Rey's accent posher than Daisy's is in real life. And like I said, intriguingly enough, Jett Lucas compared TFA to Anastasia - which is like the ultimate "lost princess" story. I honestly don't know how much the Lucases might now about the plot. I assume George isn't entirely in the dark.

And of course, Rey would be a legit Disney princess... Very Happy
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:16 pm

The Knights of Ren/King Prana connection really clicked for me. Why mention a King several times and also place heavy emphasis on Kylo being the leader of a group of knights if the two have no relation whatsoever? In real-life it could be a coincidence, but the world of a film is only as big as the writers choose to make it. Mentions of such medieval themes like kings and knights tells me the two are bound to have something to do with each other.

Makes me wonder if Han was on his own inside mission...
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The Knights of Ren/King Prana connection really clicked for me. Why mention a King several times and also place heavy emphasis on Kylo being the leader of the Knights of Ren if the two have no relation whatsoever? In real-life it could be a coincidence, but the world of a film is only as big as the writers choose to make it. Mentions of such medieval themes like kings and knights tells me the two are bound to have something to do with each other.

@FrolickingFizzgig

OK I won't have my Blu-Ray until Monday, so let me just ask this: Is King Prana mentioned in the film or the novel, or both? Because this is actually the first time I've heard of him so if he is mentioned in the film it went completely over my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:22 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The Knights of Ren/King Prana connection really clicked for me. Why mention a King several times and also place heavy emphasis on Kylo being the leader of the Knights of Ren if the two have no relation whatsoever? In real-life it could be a coincidence, but the world of a film is only as big as the writers choose to make it. Mentions of such medieval themes like kings and knights tells me the two are bound to have something to do with each other.

@FrolickingFizzgig

OK I won't have my Blu-Ray until Monday, so let me just ask this: Is King Prana mentioned in the film or the novel, or both? Because this is actually the first time I've heard of him so if he is mentioned in the film it went completely over my head.
@AppleCrumble122
Here's Han's line about Prana. It's from the Rathtar scene. Han was delivering the Rathtars to Prana.

HAN
I got three of 'em going to King Prana.

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@AppleCrumble122
Here's Han's line about Prana. It's from the Rathtar scene. Han was delivering the Rathtars to Prana.

HAN
I got three of 'em going to King Prana.

@FrolickingFizzgig

Thank you! Smile Yep, definitely went over my head. I had a feeling it was either that Rathtar scene or the scene with Maz. Looking forward to seeing that scene now (with subtitles this time - yay! Wink )

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:25 pm

And here's the longer exchange from the novel (copy/pasted it from another forum, as I'm lazy, so I hope it was properly transcribed):

“So,” she continued, turning her attention back to Han, who at least seemed willing to explicate a little, “you’re carrying these rathtars to a collector?”
He nodded. “I got three going to King Prana. Kings not only like to collect, they like to boast about their collections. Seems Prana’s in competition with the regent of the Mol’leaj system. The regent doesn’t have a rathtar in his private zoo. Neither does anybody else.”
“There’s a reason for that,” Finn muttered.
“So I got this contract to get some for Prana. Three. It was difficult work. I’m expecting a bonus, and I’m not ready to give it all up just because of the Guavian Death Gang.”
“Three!” Finn could hardly believe what he was hearing. “How’d you get them on board?”
Han looked over at him. “I could tell you that Chewie and I got a bunch of their favorite food, tied it to a stick, and led them into the holding bay. But that would be a lie. Let’s just say I used to have a bigger crew.”

Some were theorising it might be Benicio's character because of the "collector" reference.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:27 pm

It's funny that the least favorite scene of some folks here is the Rathar scene. We were asked this a few weeks back and it probably holds a massive clue possibly
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by RKR Connection Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:29 pm

@Darth Dingbat That's why BdT said that he doesn't think his character is a villain per se... It makes sense!

"I don’t know if he’s a villain. People are saying that, but it’s like they read a different script than I read."

Here's what he said to a Spanish newspaper:

"Ehhh, the thing is, they don’t let me talk too much about it. I’m like the villain. But we’ll see."

(now I really really hope he plays King Prana)

Last edited by Berhan on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
RKR Connection
RKR Connection
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:29 pm

@Darth Dingbat

Cheers! I'm liking this "BDT is Prana, King of Space Vegas, tied to Finn and KMT's story and maybe Rey's father theory" more and more! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@Darth Dingbat

Cheers! I'm liking this "BDT is Prana, King of Space Vegas, tied to Finn and KMT's story and maybe Rey's father theory" more and more! Twisted Evil
@AppleCrumble122

Perhaps more like Space Monaco, though? Wink

The people in the Dubrovnik scenes do give off a strong elite/aristocratic vibe - and several of the men wear black sashes, like the guy on the right:

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 322DED4900000578-3491395-image-a-82_1457958751650

And sashes are, of course, reminiscent of a knightly order:

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 20100916015938!Louis_Philippe_King_of_the_French_1843

Black sash... sinister order of knights? You don't say.

Perhaps the Order of the Knights of Ren has more members than just the seven (or eight) operative ones Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:53 pm

@Darth Dingbat

That is one cool carriage! I mean car! No I mean speeder! Wink

But damn it looks cool! Wonder what Prana's den looks like? Maybe a shady gentleman's like club with a throne in the middle of it.

More than seven/eight KOR?! Dun dun dunnn! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 2:56 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@Darth Dingbat

That is one cool carriage! I mean car! No I mean speeder! Wink

But damn it looks cool! Wonder what Prana's den looks like? Maybe a shady gentleman's like club with a throne in the middle of it.

More than seven/eight KOR?! Dun dun dunnn! Wink
@AppleCrumble122

Perhaps Prana's den looks like one of the filming locations in Dubrovnik, the Rector's Palace Wink

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 14 Dubrovnik.original.17264
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm

@Force22

Like Rathtars for example Wink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 16 Apr 2016, 3:00 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:@Force22

Like Rathtars for example Wink.
@AppleCrumble122

And space horses Wink
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next