Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

+46
Jozie
Jakku
Darth Rowan
Rei of Sunshine
Marchtwin
Maria26
Helix
RKR Connection
Xylo Ren
Armadeus
Queen Rey
ReyofLightSide
Search Your Feelings
EchoBase
MissG
ISeeAnIsland
Gemini
Kyla Ren
Birdwoman
Darth_Awakened
Mana
Saracene
MeadowofAshes
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
rey09
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
Kessel
BastilaBey
SanghaRen
Force22
Kylo Ren's 8-Pack
Moonjump05
MoonFyre
Little_Boots
SoloSideCousin
spacebaby45678
Darth Dementor
panki
IoJovi
Reylo Lemon
Reynak
Rogue Rey
AnneNeville
vaderito
50 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 4:29 pm

vaderito wrote:@bela.mesecina Rian is writing VIII and IX but directing only VIII, JJ is executive producer. JJ and Larry wrote VII.
@vaderito
I guess we don't have to worry about JJ repeating his mistakes then Smile

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 3

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 4:34 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
vaderito wrote:@bela.mesecina Rian is writing VIII and IX but directing only VIII, JJ is executive producer. JJ and Larry wrote VII.
@vaderito
@bela.mesecina

I hope not. He still set the stage though and I'm guessing he's had a say in where the story will go, despite Rian being the one writing it. Only time will tell but I admit I am a little nervous. Star Trek: Into Darkness had so much potential and I'd hate to see Star Wars VIII and IX end up in a similar situation. I doubt it will, but still. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Sun 10 Apr 2016, 4:37 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:I don't really know which thread to put this in but why on earth do Leia and Rey hug when they first meet?

How does Rey know this random older woman walking towards her is Han's wife? Kylo's mom? Like there's just no way she sees this woman walking towards her and is like "maybe this is Han's wife?" how would she know?? Unless they had an offscreen conversation?

There has to be a force bond, if they've never met before. And on Leia's side, she's never seen Rey so why would she randomly hug her? Did she know she just fought her son?

I'm just so confused. If there's no force bond, their hug makes no sense whatsoever, even continuity-wise.
@Xylo Ren

It is a little odd isn't it.

I can only assume that maybe there's a Force bond between Rey and Kylo and perhaps a faint Force bond between Leia and Ben, so Rey can feel who Leia is to Ben and Leia can feel who Rey is to Ben. (used the name Ben because I feel it is Ben that she sees in the interrogation once he enters her mind + during parts of the snow fight - lightsaber catch + 'you need a teacher')

That or maybe Rey saw Leia in Ben's mind but that wouldn't explain why Leia would reciprocate the hug so I'm going Force bond all the way.

Question

Oh and just in case anyone wants to read an article on the type of filmmaker Rian Johnson is and why VIII may look like I posted an article in the Ep VIII thread earlier. Very Happy
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 10 Apr 2016, 4:56 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:I don't really know which thread to put this in but why on earth do Leia and Rey hug when they first meet?

How does Rey know this random older woman walking towards her is Han's wife? Kylo's mom? Like there's just no way she sees this woman walking towards her and is like "maybe this is Han's wife?" how would she know?? Unless they had an offscreen conversation?

There has to be a force bond, if they've never met before. And on Leia's side, she's never seen Rey so why would she randomly hug her? Did she know she just fought her son?

I'm just so confused. If there's no force bond, their hug makes no sense whatsoever, even continuity-wise.
@Xylo Ren

It is a little odd isn't it.

I can only assume that maybe there's a Force bond between Rey and Kylo and perhaps a faint Force bond between Leia and Ben, so Rey can feel who Leia is to Ben and Leia can feel who Rey is to Ben. (used the name Ben because I feel it is Ben that she sees in the interrogation once he enters her mind + during parts of the snow fight - lightsaber catch + 'you need a teacher')

That or maybe Rey saw Leia in Ben's mind but that wouldn't explain why Leia would reciprocate the hug so I'm going Force bond all the way.

Question

Oh and just in case anyone wants to read an article on the type of filmmaker Rian Johnson is and why VIII may look like I posted an article in the Ep VIII thread earlier. Very Happy
@Rogue Rey

Exactly. Like, is there an explanation for it other than the force bond? How would it make sense if there was no force bond formed between Ben and Rey? Also, who said they never met, JJ? Can someone link me that quote??
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 10 Apr 2016, 6:04 pm

Reynak wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Reynak wrote:But calling them Dark and Light? I need some optimism today. 
Did Adam go to the ceremony in the end? 
What awards did they win exactly?
@Reynak

Optimism is "Hope 2C you more in #EPVIII" which translates as "there's totally more of them in EPVIII". You can take it to the bank.
@vaderito

Yes Yesssssss. That one's even better. I hope the three of them meet on a certain Irish island.
@Reynak

Boy and girl stuck on island with older mentor figure.....sounds like the movie Blue Lagoon..... :p *joking*

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Sun 10 Apr 2016, 6:42 pm

panki wrote:
Reynak wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Reynak wrote:But calling them Dark and Light? I need some optimism today. 
Did Adam go to the ceremony in the end? 
What awards did they win exactly?
@Reynak

Optimism is "Hope 2C you more in #EPVIII" which translates as "there's totally more of them in EPVIII". You can take it to the bank.
@vaderito

Yes Yesssssss. That one's even better. I hope the three of them meet on a certain Irish island.
@Reynak

Boy and girl stuck on island with older mentor figure.....sounds like the movie Blue Lagoon..... :p *joking*
@panki

Girl and especially boy have the same emotinal maturity as the kids in the blue lagoon, so it is more or less the same. Except for the weather and the colour of the boy's shiny locks. Also these kids are quite big already but she still plays with dolls and I don't want to imagine what he played with in that room full of relics he had on SKB. The island will be an improvement for both, I agree, if she doesn't get too annoyed for being followed and adored by him all day (and night)long.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 10 Apr 2016, 6:59 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
@vaderito
@bela.mesecina
JJ actually had something to say a while back about how much Rian was in-the-know when it came to the production of Episode VII. It seems he wanted to be kept very well-informed every step of the way.

"The script for VIII is written. I’m sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are. But what Larry and I did was set up certain key relationships, certain key questions, conflicts. And we knew where certain things were going. We had meetings with Rian and Ram Bergman, the producer of VIII. They were watching dailies when we were shooting our movie. We wanted them to be part of the process, to make the transition to their film as seamless as possible. I showed Rian an early cut of the movie, because I knew he was doing his rewrite and prepping. And as executive producer of VIII, I need that movie to be really good. Withholding serves no one and certainly not the fans. So we’ve been as transparent as possible." - JJ

I like the bolded especially.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Sun 10 Apr 2016, 7:53 pm

So I was watching TFA with my headphone and when Kylo trying to get the saber in the snow, I kinda heard a faint Darth Vader's breathing in the background along with the music when Kylo show a little hesitance and a little clearer when he try again with the intensified conflicted music, after that the saber just went straight to Rey and the music also change so I wonder if that mean something
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Sun 10 Apr 2016, 8:37 pm

vaderito wrote:That's why pandering isn't good. James Cameron said that when Titanic test screened and studio wanted to spare Jack Dawson because some test audience was too upset when he died. JC said that audience thinks that they want something but you must give them what is right. And when you do so, they'll realize that what's right is what they really wanted. Titanic ending was right because someone had to die and Rose had to move on on her own. And the movie became the most insane hit ever.

So right now, part of the audience thinks they want Rey to be Luke's daughter but that isn't what's right nor what they really want.

To quote Joss Whedon "don't give the audience want they want give them what they need."

Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sun 10 Apr 2016, 9:22 pm

LOL, MTV Awards! I relented and watched cause they announced exclusives from Civil War, Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beasts. Anyway, this year, they made a change, so awards whose winners didn't show up were not shown! So they didn't show Best Actor (Leo), Best Action Hero (JLaw) and Best Villain (AD). Laughing Laughing Laughing

The show is awful. Daisy and JJ made nice brief speeches and got the hell out of there. It's hilarious how seriously some other stars take this crap.

I think that Chris Evans career now boils down to playing Cap and presenting at MTV Movie Awards. No

Ryan Reynolds won me over when he thanked his stunt team and said that stuntmen everywhere are under appreciated. I respect actors who don't tyr to take stuntmen's credit but give them credit they deserve.

P.S. This is interesting:

en the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story dropped earlier this week, it inspired a slew of new fan theories, but the one that’s garnered the most attention is the connection between Felicity Jones’s Jyn Erso and Daisy Ridley’s Rey. Does the key to Rey’s parentage lie in rebel fighter Jyn? Or are they just two strong women who coincidentally share the same color hair?

According to Ridley, rumors of Jyn and Rey’s familial connection have been greatly exaggerated. “I’m not being funny you guys, but just because she’s white and got brown hair… it doesn’t mean she’s my mom,” Ridley told MTV’s Josh Horowitz backstage at the MTV Movie Awards.

And besides, Ridley already knows who Rey’s parents are — and she doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal. “I think the amazing thing about [Episode VII] is that Finn and Rey don’t come from anywhere, and they find a place,” Ridley, who’s currently filming Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII, said. “So to me, it’s funny that people think it’s so important because I don’t really think it is.”

It’s unclear if Episode VIII will delve into Rey’s backstory, but we do know the film will pick up right where The Force Awakens left off: with Rey handing over Luke’s lightsaber to the fallen Jedi on that island on Ahch-To. Ridley describes the film as “darker” than Episode VII, and when asked about Rey’s future as a Jedi, she gave this very intriguing response: “I don’t know if I am a Jedi… I don’t think I am.”

“We’ve had this debate as to whether Leia is because she uses her Force powers,” she continued. “Just because she’s not like, oh I’m going on an adventure like Luke doesn’t make her any less Forceful.”

It’s official: 2017 has never seemed further away.

http://www.mtv.com/news/video/2865182/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-8-darker/

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 11 Apr 2016, 1:09 am

vaderito wrote:LOL, MTV Awards! I relented and watched cause they announced exclusives from Civil War, Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beasts. Anyway, this year, they made a change, so awards whose winners didn't show up were not shown! So they didn't show Best Actor (Leo), Best Action Hero (JLaw) and Best Villain (AD). Laughing Laughing Laughing

The show is awful. Daisy and JJ made nice brief speeches and got the hell out of there. It's hilarious how seriously some other stars take this crap.

I think that Chris Evans career now boils down to playing Cap and presenting at MTV Movie Awards. No

Ryan Reynolds won me over when he thanked his stunt team and said that stuntmen everywhere are under appreciated. I respect actors who don't tyr to take stuntmen's credit but give them credit they deserve.

en the trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story dropped earlier this week, it inspired a slew of new fan theories, but the one that’s garnered the most attention is the connection between Felicity Jones’s Jyn Erso and Daisy Ridley’s Rey. Does the key to Rey’s parentage lie in rebel fighter Jyn? Or are they just two strong women who coincidentally share the same color hair?

According to Ridley, rumors of Jyn and Rey’s familial connection have been greatly exaggerated. “I’m not being funny you guys, but just because she’s white and got brown hair… it doesn’t mean she’s my mom,” Ridley told MTV’s Josh Horowitz backstage at the MTV Movie Awards.

And besides, Ridley already knows who Rey’s parents are — and she doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal. “I think the amazing thing about [Episode VII] is that Finn and Rey don’t come from anywhere, and they find a place,” Ridley, who’s currently filming Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII, said. “So to me, it’s funny that people think it’s so important because I don’t really think it is.”

It’s unclear if Episode VIII will delve into Rey’s backstory, but we do know the film will pick up right where The Force Awakens left off: with Rey handing over Luke’s lightsaber to the fallen Jedi on that island on Ahch-To. Ridley describes the film as “darker” than Episode VII, and when asked about Rey’s future as a Jedi, she gave this very intriguing response: “I don’t know if I am a Jedi… I don’t think I am.”

“We’ve had this debate as to whether Leia is because she uses her Force powers,” she continued. “Just because she’s not like, oh I’m going on an adventure like Luke doesn’t make her any less Forceful.”

@vaderito

If Skywalkers theorists don't get this, they'll be disappointed. Their expectations are set too high
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 11 Apr 2016, 1:18 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
vaderito wrote:LOL, MTV Awards! I relented and watched cause they announced exclusives from Civil War, Suicide Squad and Fantastic Beasts. Anyway, this year, they made a change, so awards whose winners didn't show up were not shown! So they didn't show Best Actor (Leo), Best Action Hero (JLaw) and Best Villain (AD). Laughing Laughing Laughing

@vaderito

If Skywalkers theorists don't get this, they'll be disappointed. Their expectations are set too high
@Maria Antonietta

I like this statement from DR. Because it works into my, what is Rey's motivation? Does she go to find Luke to become a Jedi? Or is she going to find Luke to bring Ben back? Is she going to find Luke to help her find her family? Interesting.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 11 Apr 2016, 1:50 am

@vaderito

LOL!!! That thing has always been a rigged publicity thing. I haven't watched it since the 90s because it was so goofy and there was never any surprise. I know that back then you always knew who the winner was because they were the only people that showed up. Now winners aren't even showing up. It's no surprise that Leo, JLaw and AD are not showing up. None of them need and/or want the publicity. Do any non-winners show up these days?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 11 Apr 2016, 2:27 am

So Daisy said the parents reveal isn't that big of a deal? Hmmm. Wonder who it is.
I'm going with Kenobi but if not, I'm going with no one we know.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 11 Apr 2016, 5:30 am

Just realized they said Leia uses her Force powers for something. Also saying Luke going "on an adventure" is new. Makes a lot of sense.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Mon 11 Apr 2016, 6:18 am

vaderito wrote:

@vaderito

Interesting. Not a jedi.... Kylo's not labelled as a 'sith' but currently he's a dark side force user. If Rey gets tempted and falls to the dark side (temporarily), I don't think she can be a jedi like Luke (light sider). Once you got corrupted, you can never be purely light. Like Kylo (if he gets redeemed), her future as a grey jedi is most likely.

I'd really like to see the ending of Kylo and Rey starting a new order of grey jedi. Where everyone can be free, with the right amount of balance and discipline and no repression of basic human emotions.
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Apr 2016, 7:21 am

MoonFyre wrote: [

Interesting. Not a jedi.... Kylo's not labelled as a 'sith' but currently he's a dark side force user. If Rey gets tempted and falls to the dark side (temporarily), I don't think she can be a jedi like Luke (light sider). Once you got corrupted, you can never be purely light. Like Kylo (if he gets redeemed), her future as a grey jedi is most likely.

I'd really like to see the ending of Kylo and Rey starting a new order of grey jedi. Where everyone can be free, with the right amount of balance and discipline and no repression of basic human emotions.
@MoonFyre

I hope this is where they are going with Rey and Kylo, that they'll become a new thing. neither Jedi nor Sith, but balance of Light and Dark. Whatever they call them - Grey Jedi or something else.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 11 Apr 2016, 7:26 am

Little_Boots wrote:So Daisy said the parents reveal isn't that big of a deal? Hmmm. Wonder who it is.
I'm going with Kenobi but if not, I'm going with no one we know.
@Little_Boots

Me too, a Kenobi who does not know her own past, or a nobody.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Mon 11 Apr 2016, 8:44 am

vaderito wrote:
MoonFyre wrote:  [

@MoonFyre

I hope this is where they are going with Rey and Kylo, that they'll become a new thing. neither Jedi nor Sith, but balance of Light and Dark. Whatever they call them - Grey Jedi or something else.
@vaderito

It would be the most fitting ending. Jedi and Sith didn't work because it's incomplete, therefore it's bound to fail. But light and dark coexisting together in perfect harmony, now that's new and exciting. And if Kylo and Rey are involved in fulfilling it... who else know better, especially if they overcome the dark side and accept both sides again? Smile
MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:02 am

@MoonFyre that's something we've just discussed in TPM Viewing Party thread. jedi in TPM were already too comfortable and too power hungry. destroying the Dark Side is essentially power trip because it's about who prevails over whom and that's power seeking. But balance would be going back to basics when Force was pure and so were Force users.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:05 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:“We’ve had this debate as to whether Leia is because she uses her Force powers,” she continued. “Just because she’s not like, oh I’m going on an adventure like Luke doesn’t make her any less Forceful.”

Just realized they said Leia uses her Force powers for something. Also saying Luke going "on an adventure" is new. Makes a lot of sense.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Perhaps her force powers are how she knows "there's still light in him." She is shown to be connected to Kylo in that she feels Han's death.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:21 am

This is very intriguing:

“We’ve had this debate as to whether Leia is [a Jedi?] because she uses her Force powers,” she continued. “Just because she’s not like, oh I’m going on an adventure like Luke doesn’t make her any less Forceful.”

--Daisy Ridley (http://www.mtv.com/news/video/2865182/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-8-darker/)

Pablo has also tweeted that he is more inclined to trust Leia's read on any situation than Kylo's. Leia's read is that "there still light in him," whereas Kylo's is "it's too late." How does Leia know what is in Kylo's heart? Is she just guessing? Or is she feeling something through the Force that gives her privileged information?

The movie shows that her emotions are connected to Kylo's, because after Kylo kills Han, we get two beautiful reaction shots. First comes a close up of Kylo's face, reacting in grief over what he's done (he looks up and gasps, eyes widening). Then there is a quick cut to Leia reacting in grief, too. The camera moves in closer and closer, until her face is framed on the center left side of the screen, looking right, the almost the mirror image of the shot with Kylo just before (he was just right of center, looking left). She raises her eyes and looks up, then lowers her eyes again in grief.

If she were reacting to Han's pain, the shot would have come right after we saw Han's face, right after his death. Instead, it comes after Kylo's reaction, showing that the link is between Leia and Kylo, not between Leia and Han.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:34 am

@AnneNeville Could Leia and Kylo shares some familial Force Bond? Since she is his mother and Kylo inherit the Force from her. Compare to Han, I would think Kylo is more likely have a closer relationship with Leia via the Force
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:35 am

I need a place to host two gifs, not connected to this board. Tumblr won't allow gifs large enough to show the moment properly. :-(
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Mon 11 Apr 2016, 9:35 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:@AnneNeville Could Leia and Kylo shares some familial Force Bond? Since she is his mother and Kylo inherit the Force from her. Compare to Han, I would think Kylo is more likely have a closer relationship with Leia via the Force
@Sylvia Snow

I don't know about a force bond, but it seems to be implied that their emotions are connected somehow by the force.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next