Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1

+44
Kaleyna
MoonlitMoss
Irina de France
ZenBrainJam
Helix
MyOnlyHope
MissG
Gemini
Reynak
Sylvia Snow
panki
spacebaby45678
Armadeus
creepi0
Kessel
EchoBase
Saracene
BastilaBey
Airemyn
thejediskywalker
Mana
Force22
RKR Connection
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Rowan
CienaRee
SanghaRen
Jozie
Nyx
Reylo Lemon
vaderito
Little_Boots
Darth Dementor
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
Rogue Rey
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
Xylo Ren
ISeeAnIsland
AnneNeville
48 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who is Rey related to?

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap27%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 26 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap22%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 21 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap3%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap6%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap6%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
[ 6 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap1%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap1%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap0%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_lcap27%Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 96

Poll closed

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1

Post by panki Wed 04 May 2016, 8:32 am

If they are able to show that Obi-wan had a child/children, that would be great....but as of now there is no indication of it.....in the EU, he had relationships but no children... I'm not saying it is impossible...but for now it looks unlikely.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II - 1

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 04 May 2016, 8:37 am

@spacebaby45678

Wow, I never knew about her. Though she and Sabine shares some similarity, they both have blonde hair and pale eyes. Since Sabine is canon and she is died, maybe they will make Siri canon also, as Obi Wan love later in life.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Wed 04 May 2016, 8:47 am

panki wrote:If they are able to show that Obi-wan had a child/children, that would be great....but as of now there is no indication of it.....in the EU, he had relationships but no children... I'm not saying it is impossible...but for now it looks unlikely.
@panki

She might be a Kenobi without being Obi Wan's granddaughter although it would feel more poetic if she was.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 04 May 2016, 9:07 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:@spacebaby45678

Wow, I never knew about her. Though she and Sabine shares some similarity, they both have blonde hair and pale eyes. Since Sabine is canon and she is died, maybe they will make Siri canon also, as Obi Wan love later in life.
@Sylvia Snow

Siri died also, much in a similar manner to Satine. So she can't come back as later in life love.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 04 May 2016, 9:12 am

bela.mesecina wrote:
Gemini wrote:Why does it feel off to that he would have a child? He has a canon love interest
@Gemini

I know he has and i would love to see it,  but i don't know how would they explain it..Maybe at the very end of trilogy
@bela.mesecina

I don't think it needs to be explained really

It will leave a question open nicely for an obi wan spinoff (which is rumoured)

It's a cash cow
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 9:15 am

Gemini wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
Gemini wrote:Why does it feel off to that he would have a child? He has a canon love interest
@Gemini

I know he has and i would love to see it,  but i don't know how would they explain it..Maybe at the very end of trilogy
@bela.mesecina

I don't think it needs to be explained really

It will leave a question open nicely for an obi wan spinoff (which is rumoured)

It's a cash cow
@Gemini

Obi Wan spinoff? bounce bounce bounce  I heard something but i thought they said it's just a rumor and that there will not be Obi Wan movie

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 04 May 2016, 9:16 am

It really doesn't matter how many times I think about what Ring Composition dictates or how poetic it would be for Rey to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter. The writer in me can't help but look at the story we've been given, at the characters involved, at the idea that Rey might "broaden" the grander story. Nothing changes the fact that I don't see Obi-Wan having had a child, least of all through some comic or canon tv series connection that casual fans (especially foreign fans who are just being introduced to the world of Star Wars through the Sequel Trilogy) simply will not understand. One could argue that they want more people drawn to the extra entertainment like Rebels or The Clone Wars, but really... that makes no sense at all. The TV series are extensions of the films, the films are not extensions of the series. We will never have to watch The Clone Wars or Rebels or read Bloodline or even watch a standalone movie to understand something from a major trilogy. The trilogies are self-contained stories in themselves.

Pablo has repeatedly said that this is not going to be like the Marvel film franchise with different movies playing off each other...

Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 04 May 2016, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 04 May 2016, 9:17 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:@spacebaby45678

@Sylvia Snow

Siri died also, much in a similar manner to Satine. So she can't come back as later in life love.
@spacebaby45678

Obi Wan...he really have a rough love life...I see Lolilol
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 04 May 2016, 9:19 am

We'll see, they would say that right now because obi wan movie out of nowhere? It immediately makes you think someone in TFA is related to him

Also remember that they need to create a story for her parents and this is where she could easily learn that one of them is obi WANs daughter/son it could easily be tied in with her parents backstory.

Also the ga doesn't need a massive backstory to understand why obi wan had a kid.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 04 May 2016, 9:26 am

Ewan McGregor recently clarified that he hasn't been approached for an Obi-wan movie....so it looks like there is no Obi-wan movie in the works for now....that doesn't mean that they will not announce one for after 2020.... we just have to wait and see.

http://collider.com/star-wars-ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-movie/

The anthology movies for now are:
Rogue One- 2016
Han Solo movie- 2018
Untitled move (rumored to be about Boba Fett)-2020

Last edited by panki on Wed 04 May 2016, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 04 May 2016, 9:26 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:It really doesn't matter how many times I think about what Ring Composition dictates or how poetic it would be for Rey to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter. The writer in me can't help but look at the story we've been given, at the characters involved, at the idea that Rey might "broaden" the grander story. Nothing changes the fact that I don't see Obi-Wan having had a child, least of all through some comic or canon tv series connection that casual fans (especially foreign fans who are just being introduced to the world of Star Wars through the Sequel Trilogy) simply will not understand. One could argue that they want more people drawn to the extra entertainment like Rebels or The Clone Wars, but really... that makes no sense at all. The TV series are extensions of the films, the films are not extensions of the series. We will never have to watch The Clone Wars or Rebels or read Bloodline or even watch a standalone movie to understand something from a major trilogy. The trilogies are self-contained stories in themselves.

Pablo has repeatedly said that this is not going to be like the Marvel film franchise with different movies playing off each other...
@FrolickingFizzgig

The filmmaker and screenwriter in me can't look at this films plot and ending and just see it as random callbacks that mean nothing

One thing TFA does is hint that the main characters we have been introduced to have much more going on with them than what's on the surface

With Rey, her just being a random scavenger girl is just what she is on the surface, she's supposed to appear as a random from nowhere  and there is more to her and her background. Just like Finn and just like ren imo

Pablo says that it's not a cash cow franchise, then Disney makes a Han Solo movie off of his death. All production companies care about is money. They overrule the writers and the director
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 04 May 2016, 9:33 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:It really doesn't matter how many times I think about what Ring Composition dictates or how poetic it would be for Rey to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter. The writer in me can't help but look at the story we've been given, at the characters involved, at the idea that Rey might "broaden" the grander story. Nothing changes the fact that I don't see Obi-Wan having had a child, least of all through some comic or canon tv series connection that casual fans (especially foreign fans who are just being introduced to the world of Star Wars through the Sequel Trilogy) simply will not understand. One could argue that they want more people drawn to the extra entertainment like Rebels or The Clone Wars, but really... that makes no sense at all. The TV series are extensions of the films, the films are not extensions of the series. We will never have to watch The Clone Wars or Rebels or read Bloodline or even watch a standalone movie to understand something from a major trilogy. The trilogies are self-contained stories in themselves.

@FrolickingFizzgig

It is not about the writers or audience in us wants, it is about how the writers of the Saga GL, Kasdan & JJ have utilized Ring Comp, Myth, The Hero's Journey, & Soaps to formulate the story and what they wanted to convey. All we can do as the audience is identify this narrative tools to analyze what is on screen. It might not make sense to you now but we only have one movie. I am sure during EP 8 & 9 we will get more exposition on the why's and wherefores.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 04 May 2016, 9:35 am

panki wrote:Ewan McGregor recently clarified that he hasn't been approached for an Obi-wan movie....so it looks like there is no Obi-wan movie in the works for now....that doesn't mean that they will not announce one for after 2020.... we just have to wait and see.

Rogue One- 2016
Han Solo movie- 2018
@panki

Boba fett?

Yeah right lol

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 May 2016, 9:51 am

Gemini wrote:
panki wrote:Ewan McGregor recently clarified that he hasn't been approached for an Obi-wan movie....so it looks like there is no Obi-wan movie in the works for now....that doesn't mean that they will not announce one for after 2020.... we just have to wait and see.

Rogue One- 2016
Han Solo movie- 2018
@panki

Boba fett?

Yeah right lol

@Gemini
What would the story be about? No way, that movie would be pointless...

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 04 May 2016, 9:56 am

Gemini wrote:

Rogue One- 2016
Han Solo movie- 2018
@panki

Boba fett?

Yeah right lol

@Gemini

I am serious....Boba Fett has a big fan following so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

@bela.mesecina......

They've been building pieces of Boba Fett's story since he was a teenager (still having a conscience) in Dark Disciple to the time he turned ruthless bounty hunter and took away Han in ESB.....and then the time after he survived the sarlac pit after ROTJ and jawas found his discarded armour......lots of stuff is there to tell actually....so, from what I have been reading, it can be one of two time periods:

1. Between Clone Wars and ANH
2. After ROTJ to TFA

http://www.morningledger.com/disney-says-6-star-wars-movies-will-be-out-by-2020-sneak-peek-here/1365857/

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 04 May 2016, 10:20 am

panki wrote:
Gemini wrote:

Rogue One- 2016
Han Solo movie- 2018
@panki

Boba fett?

Yeah right lol

@Gemini

I am serious....Boba Fett has a big fan following so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

@bela.mesecina......

They've been building pieces of Boba Fett's story since he was a teenager (still having a conscience) in Dark Disciple to the time he turned ruthless bounty hunter and took away Han in ESB.....and then the time after he survived the sarlac pit after ROTJ and jawas found his discarded armour......lots of stuff is there to tell actually....so, from what I have been reading, it can be one of two time periods:

2. After ROTJ to TFA

http://www.morningledger.com/disney-says-6-star-wars-movies-will-be-out-by-2020-sneak-peek-here/1365857/
@panki

Where did he clarify that? I saw that whole interview and he said that he couldn't say or he could not comment. The interviewer assumed because he could not comment that Ewan had spoken to KK. Ewan just smiled. So if he recently clarified then it is a walk back like JJ's recent Rey's parents walk back.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 04 May 2016, 10:28 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
Gemini wrote:

Rogue One- 2016
Han Solo movie- 2018
@panki

Boba fett?

Yeah right lol

@Gemini

@bela.mesecina......

2. After ROTJ to TFA

@panki

Where did he clarify that? I saw that whole interview and he said that he couldn't say or he could not comment. The interviewer assumed because he could not comment that Ewan had spoken to KK. Ewan just smiled. So if he recently clarified then it is a walk back like JJ's recent Rey's parents walk back.
@spacebaby45678

It seems Collider recently interviewed him for the movie "Last Days in the Desert" and he clarified that he hasn't been approached for an Obi-wan movie. I don't have a video but this is the quote:

If they asked me to, I would be happy to. But it looks like I am campaigning for it, just because I get asked about it, all the time. So, I would like it to be known that I don’t bring it up, at these interviews, of my own free will. I only respond to questions I’m asked to. I don’t know anything about it. They’ve never approached me about it.

I still wouldn't write off an Obi-wan movie...but it can only happen after 2020 now.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Wed 04 May 2016, 10:46 am

Rey quotes from The Force Awakens

"I am no-one"

“You’ll never be as powerful as Darth Vader.”

Where do you come from? To BB-8 on Jakku.
BB-8 replies with his unique phrasing,
"Classified? me too"

"I know all about waiting. "

BB-8 asks for what. Rey replies "For family"

To an as yet not introduced Finn: "I don't know your name"

The quotes above are from the movie. They are all intersting as regardas who she is.

She says she is "no-one" when asked.
However, she she meets BB8 she asks him where he comes from and when BB8 says "classified" Rey answers "Me too."

Don't you think this is important ? Why does she say his origin is classified? Is it just a joke or is it maeningful? Finn and Kylo lie about their identities and names at first, Finn by saying he is part of the Ressistance and Kylo hiding a false name when his is Ben Solo Skywalker. Is Rey lying when she says she is no-one too? The three of them hide their faces when we meet them ( wearing helmets) as a metaphor of "hidden" or unknown 

Perhaps Rey is not no-one just like Finn is no resistance fighter and Ben Solo's real name isn't Kylo Ren.
Why is her identity "classified if she is no-one.

Her family is very important to her and she must remember them with love because she waits with so much hope and without giving up. She is incredibly loyal and family oriented. Loyalty is another trait she shares with Obi Wan, who waited in a dessert for Luke Skywalker to start his quest. Obi Wan was loyal to a fault and knew everything about waiting, like Rey herself. 

She asks everybody who they are, starting with BB8 and going on with Finn. Identity is so important for her I find it difficult to believe she is no-one. She is also linked to a man whose lineage has great importance for the better or the worse, Kylo/Ben. 

Identity is very important for Rey accordig to the directors. If they say she is a no-one after everything they ave said on the media to build-up the mistery, added to everything the movies suggest, it will feel wrong. This doesn't mean I personally don't like Rey no-one as an option, it's the first one I believed but in the light of all the things we've said here the hints indicate a family whose importance has been establishes before we met her. The same goes for Kylo and his linaege doesn't make him a character less compelling, original and interesting, rather the opposite. He is a Solo and a Skywalker but very much his own character.

Last edited by Reynak on Wed 04 May 2016, 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 04 May 2016, 10:48 am

I know fett had a big fan following but that's not enough to draw in the general audience
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 04 May 2016, 10:55 am

I am a big Boba Fett fangurl if they make that movie count me in.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 04 May 2016, 11:05 am

Gemini wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

The filmmaker and screenwriter in me can't look at this films plot and ending and just see it as random callbacks that mean nothing

One thing TFA does is hint that the main characters we have been introduced to have much more going on with them than what's on the surface

With Rey, her just being a random scavenger girl is just what she is on the surface, she's supposed to appear as a random from nowhere  and there is more to her and her background. Just like Finn and just like ren imo

Pablo says that it's not a cash cow franchise, then Disney makes a Han Solo movie off of his death. All production companies care about is money. They overrule the writers and the director
@Gemini
But Rey isn't some random scavenger girl. We know this. She's a lost "somebody", somebody important, but she could be something important to this trilogy. I'm really getting sick of "random" = she's nobody and we're never hearing her backstory, because we all know that's not true. She is somebody. Where she comes from is going to be important, but not as important as Rey herself or her role in the grander narrative.

"I'm no one", "Classified? Me too", "So you're really just a scavenger?", "What girl!?", "Who's the girl?"... all of these mean Rey is something hugely important, something "classified", the opposite of "no one" or "just a scavenger". But that's all the lines tell us.

The "it's all about money" argument is one I've seen before. It's a favourite of the Reywalkers, and I'm never going to say it's applicable, not until we see Episodes VIII and IX. One could also argue that expanding the universe now will allow more room for films (and $$$) later down the road.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 04 May 2016, 11:11 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Gemini
But Rey isn't some random scavenger girl. We know this. She's a lost "somebody", somebody important, but she could be something important to this trilogy. I'm really getting sick of "random" = she's nobody and we're never hearing her backstory, because we all know that's not true. She is somebody. Where she comes from is going to be important, but not as important as Rey herself or her role in the grander narrative.

The "it's all about money" argument is one I've seen before. It's a favourite of the Reywalkers, and I'm never going to say it's applicable, not until we see Episodes VIII and IX. One could also argue that expanding the universe now will allow more room for films (and $$$) later down the road.
@FrolickingFizzgig

But, TFA has given you narrative clues as to the somebodyness of Rey. Rey is not a Tablu Rasa Feminine Hero.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 04 May 2016, 11:16 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Gemini

"I'm no one", "Classified? Me too", "So you're really just a scavenger?", "What girl!?", "Who's the girl?"... all of these mean Rey is something hugely important, something "classified", the opposite of "no one" or "just a scavenger". But that's all the lines tell us.

@FrolickingFizzgig

There is nothing HUGER than being Rey Kenobi. There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING in TFA to foreshadow something  BIGGER about her from outside the PT & OT
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 04 May 2016, 11:21 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Gemini

@FrolickingFizzgig

But, TFA has given you narrative clues as to the somebodyness of Rey. Rey is not a Tablu Rasa Feminine Hero.
@spacebaby45678
I wholeheartedly disagree. They are not narrative "clues". There is no "it is a fact that these are clues". You interpret them as clues, I don't. I will never, ever interpret callbacks and parallels as clues, regardless of how important they are. This is not about me not "seeing" something or not "understanding" what's been given to me, because as far as I'm concerned the only concrete clue is Obi-Wan speaking to Rey in the Force Back, and it's not enough for me. If it's enough for you, great. We're different people.

I can't get over the fact that we've found nothing in the music to connect her with Obi-Wan, and yet they weren't beyond hiding very obvious and undeniable clues in the music where Reylo is concerned. Rey and Kylo's themes are connected by at least three different love songs note-for-note. This is "hard evidence".
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 04 May 2016, 11:25 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Gemini

@FrolickingFizzgig

There is nothing HUGER than being Rey Kenobi. There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING in TFA to foreshadow something  BIGGER about her from outside the PT & OT
@spacebaby45678
There are definitely things huger than Rey Kenobi. We've been brought to the birthplace of the Jedi, and Star Wars has never shown the Force react to someone the way it reacts to Rey. Star Wars is a myth, and we're finally getting into the true mythology. There are things about the Force we've never known before, things that are going to change the way we see the franchise and expand the story. This is going to be bigger than "Skywalker" or "Kenobi" if you ask me. But we'll see.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next