Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

+43
vaderito
Lily Snape
spacebaby45678
MeadowofAshes
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Rogue Rey
MissG
Birdwoman
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
EchoBase
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Gemini
CienaRee
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Blackcanary
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
AnneNeville
Mana
thejediskywalker
MyOnlyHope
RKR Connection
Zeralyos
Rei of Sunshine
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
Force22
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
Reynak
Kessel
panki
Darth Rowan
47 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by BastilaBey Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:12 am

vaderito wrote:Rey eats space pomegranate in the witch's castle right before Prince's saber calls out ot her and she has the vision of the Prince in shiny armor who saves her life. But she's scared of him so she runs into enchanted woods where she meets him in person. he puts her in enchated sleep and carries her like a bride to his ship, across threshold. Yeah.
@vaderito

Maz is Hecate, for sure. Talking about crossroads, the path Rey needs to take to find belonging, knowing that Ben could still come back. In the documentary, Maz's castle scene is talked about as the place where everything slows down and we move into a new act of the movie. yes...to the underworld Twisted Evil
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by SanghaRen Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:14 am

@Darth Dingbat

Yes, Novel!Kylo is not very likable. But then I'd rather not start on the novelizations again. Money thrown out the window.
You see Rey as a potential Empress? I see what you mean. I do think she has more leading qualities as Kylo, but I also see her as a warrior rather than a ruler.

Maybe we will be surprised at how Kylo leads the Knights of Ren. And all of a sudden we could see a sort of King rising - I cannot use the word Emperor, my teeth are gritting. And we would get eventually a King and Queen ruling. I must say though, the idea of 2 force sensitive people ruling over a Galaxy of mostly non force sensitive people is a bit disturbing to me. It sounds like the superior race leading the inferior race, if that makes any sense. I would rather have a mix of FS and non FS people ruling.

I guess my favorite - for today because my mind can change quickly sometimes - would be that Leia would take the lead and Finn would be included in whatever supporting political role he could get. I like the idea that a stormtrooper who freed himself from "slavery" plays a role in the future of the Galaxy. I'd then rather see Kylo and Rey as having a special status as force consultants / enforcers - I cannot find a term that fits...
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

SanghaRen wrote:Yes, Novel!Kylo is not very likable.
@SanghaRen

Novel!Rey is even worse, and Juniornovel!Chewbacca, holy s***... I think the only likeable novel character was BB-8.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:43 am

BastilaBey wrote:  

Maz is Hecate, for sure. Talking about crossroads, the path Rey needs to take to find belonging, knowing that Ben could still come back. In the documentary, Maz's castle scene is talked about as the place where everything slows down and we move into a new act of the movie. yes...to the underworld Twisted Evil
@BastilaBey

Maz castle is also the place where Rey and Finn journeys become separate and Rey's become joined with Kylo's thought the Force and sexual attraction to each other.hence why she didn't look back when Finn left her (belonging you seek is not behind you) but kept going towards the voices calling out to her (it is ahead). OTOH, she left Kylo who is her belonging, hence why she looked back because she was the one that left him,though not of her own will, not the other way around. He is her future.

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:43 am

@SanghaRen: Couldn't agree more about the novelisations. Money down the drain.

SanghaRen wrote:I must say though, the idea of 2 force sensitive people ruling over a Galaxy of mostly non force sensitive people is a bit disturbing to me. It sounds like the superior race leading the inferior race, if that makes any sense.
@SanghaRen

It sounds very disturbing to me. As does that Visual Dictionary quote about Kylo considering it his birthright to "rule the weaker beings of the galaxy".
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:46 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:Yes, Novel!Kylo is not very likable.
@SanghaRen

Novel!Rey is even worse, and Juniornovel!Chewbacca, holy s***... I think the only likeable novel character was BB-8.
@Rimfaxe96

Frankly, Novel!Everybody straight up sucks. It's like that novel went through a juice presser to squeeze out all the charm.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2016, 11:51 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:It sounds very disturbing to me. As does that Visual Dictionary quote about Kylo considering it his birthright to "rule the weaker beings of the galaxy".
@Darth Dingbat

Unless it's proven otherwise, I personally believe this might be due to Snoke's influence. He probably played on this by using Vader and his connection to Kylo by convincing him that it was his destiny to "rule the weaker beings of the galaxy" and Kylo came to believe this. But of course, it's another way to get and keep Kylo as a pawn. That's my theory anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm

I've been thinking something. TP was about Seduction by the Dark Side. ST is about seduction by the Light. ROTS soundtrack:

1. "Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith"   7:31
2. "Anakin's Dream"   4:46
3. "Battle of the Heroes"   3:42
4. "Anakin's Betrayal"   4:04
5. "General Grievous"   4:07
6. "Palpatine's Teachings"   5:25
7. "Grievous and the Droids"   3:28
8. "Padmé's Ruminations"   3:17
9. "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan"   3:57
10. "Anakin's Dark Deeds"   4:05
11. "Enter Lord Vader"   4:14
12. "The Immolation Scene"   2:42
13. "Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious"   2:49
14. "The Birth of the Twins and Padmé's Destiny"   3:37
15. "A New Hope and End Credits"   13:06

So if ST is about reversal - dark character gets seduced by the light than we'll get reversed music cues aka reversed plot points. So, for example, instead of Enter Lord Vader, there should be Enter Ben Whatever-His-Last-Name, not Enter Renperor. I'm talking about Episode IX. otherwise all the talk about pull of the light and "i will not be seduced [by the Light]" make no sense. In previous trilogies, characters vowed not to be seduced by the Dark Side, and we followed Anakin's seduction to the Dark Side. So there has to be seduction to the Light cause they talk about that a lot and Kylo tries to resist it just like Anakin and Luke tried to resist DS (and Anakin failed).

Hopefully Kylo's seduction by the Light gets something as epic as this:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Apr 2016, 12:52 pm

@vaderito
If i had to choose one thing i absolutely have no doubt about, that would be the music, JW is genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Thu 28 Apr 2016, 4:15 pm

This reminds me of Hades's chariot pulling by the Four horses that he used when he kidnapped Persephone and take her away

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Image36

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 28 Apr 2016, 4:17 pm

^^^That's the moment when I say "Rey, you're boyfriend has arrived!!!" Laughing

I'm a nerd like that. But I do like the Hades/Persephone analogy much better...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

IoJovi wrote:^^^That's the moment when I say "Rey, you're boyfriend has arrived!!!"  Laughing

I'm a nerd like that.  But I do like the Hades/Persephone analogy much better...
@IoJovi

Come to think of it, speaking of all the have to be intentional paralleling that happens, in that scene you get both KR and Poe showing up with the parallels between one with Rey and the other with the "that's one Hell of a pilot" line. Kind of sets up the 4 characters and how they pair off in their respective narrative/character arcs because that's been called out as an important scene.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 5:27 pm

IoJovi wrote:^^^That's the moment when I say "Rey, you're boyfriend has arrived!!!" Laughing

I'm a nerd like that. But I do like the Hades/Persephone analogy much better...

Even that shot is foreshadowing. Again it lingers a little too long between the spaceship and her staring at the ship. It's like destiny
@IoJovi

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:32 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I just realized that Rey is doing something kind of interesting when she hears about the "fight against the Dark Side" for the first time from Maz.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 0ngicp8

Eating a fruit, as in forbidden fruit mise-en-scene. I can't say if this was intentional but the fact that it's aligned with Rey learning about the dark side is definitely something to consider.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Definitely looks apple-ish too.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:33 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I just realized that Rey is doing something kind of interesting when she hears about the "fight against the Dark Side" for the first time from Maz.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 0ngicp8

Eating a fruit, as in forbidden fruit mise-en-scene. I can't say if this was intentional but the fact that it's aligned with Rey learning about the dark side is definitely something to consider.
@FrolickingFizzgig

@SoloSideCousin
I would be willing to say it's more likely an apple (because of the snake hiss). I really don't see the Hades/Persephone symbolism. I think the four ships were pure coincidence, but a nice coincidence.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:42 pm

vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

@BastilaBey

Maz castle is also the place where Rey and Finn journeys become separate and Rey's become joined with Kylo's thought the Force and sexual attraction to each other.hence why she didn't look back when Finn left her (belonging you seek is not behind you) but kept going towards the voices calling out to her (it is ahead). OTOH, she left Kylo who is her belonging, hence why she looked back because she was the one that left him,though not of her own will, not the other way around. He is her future.
@vaderito

Wow! I never thought about this looking back comparison. It's so true.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@SoloSideCousin
I would be willing to say it's more likely an apple (because of the snake hiss). I really don't see the Hades/Persephone symbolism. I think the four ships were pure coincidence, but a nice coincidence.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Is there a snake hiss at that moment?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:52 pm

Garden of Eden or at least a very fertile planet (Demeter, Persephone's mother, was goddess of harvest and fertility)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Force-Awakens-Trailer-07

Eats forbidden fruit (space pomegranate or space apple)

Narcissus flower (planted by Gaia at Hades order) enchants Persephone, lures her to pick it up:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Star-wars-7-deleted-scenes-reveal-how-snoke-poisoned-kylo-ren-against-darth-vader-rey-fi-785679

Hades arrives in a chariot with 4 horses

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Image36

Hades steals Persephone:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o1lycd4inO1txgqsw_500

Carries her across the threshold

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o0z7rly3X41rgz8jq_500

Into the Underworld  

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o362v7fAEy1tkecmq_400

She can't leave Underworld in winter

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 2 4966869-rey+owns+kylo
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:54 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@SoloSideCousin

You're probably right..having characters eat on screen is never added by accident..the continuity is a nightmare so it must have been imortant..or fitting for the scene/whats being said
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:55 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

@BastilaBey

@vaderito

Wow! I never thought about this looking back comparison. It's so true.
@SoloSideCousin
No, just the hiss and rattlesnake rattle as he removes his helmet and she sees his face for the first time. I just think the apple works better because we already have an example of Garden of Eden symbolism in the sound.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:58 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@SoloSideCousin
No, just the hiss and rattlesnake rattle as he removes his helmet and she sees his face for the first time. I just think the apple works better because we already have an example of Garden of Eden symbolism in the sound.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think that they simultaneously play with so many symbolism's that one can make a case for several famous stories. That said, what matters is which way they'll go in the end. I'd say Adam&Eve over Hades&Persephone because they need new beginning, new everything.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 6:58 pm

Also...no one else is eating in that scene...
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:00 pm

Gemini wrote:Also...no one else is eating in that scene...
@Gemini
Yep, that's why I remembered it. And it directly follows Kylo's pull to the light scene. You go from Kylo talking about the temptation of the light to Rey hearing about the fight against the dark side while eating a fruit.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:01 pm

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@SoloSideCousin
@FrolickingFizzgig

I think that they simultaneously play with so many symbolism's that one can make a case for several famous stories. That said, what matters is which way they'll go in the end. I'd say Adam&Eve over Hades&Persephone because they need new beginning, new everything.
@vaderito
I just think Adam and Eve is more recognizable, therefore more likely to be the direct inspiration. The fact that there seem to be two examples emphasizes that point.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next