Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

+43
vaderito
Lily Snape
spacebaby45678
MeadowofAshes
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Rogue Rey
MissG
Birdwoman
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
EchoBase
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Gemini
CienaRee
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Blackcanary
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
AnneNeville
Mana
thejediskywalker
MyOnlyHope
RKR Connection
Zeralyos
Rei of Sunshine
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
Force22
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
Reynak
Kessel
panki
Darth Rowan
47 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:01 pm

apple and then the  snake

is she actually eating it or just holding it?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:02 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

Maz is Hecate, for sure. Talking about crossroads, the path Rey needs to take to find belonging, knowing that Ben could still come back. In the documentary, Maz's castle scene is talked about as the place where everything slows down and we move into a new act of the movie. yes...to the underworld Twisted Evil
@BastilaBey

Maz castle is also the place where Rey and Finn journeys become separate and Rey's become joined with Kylo's thought the Force and sexual attraction to each other.hence why she didn't look back when Finn left her (belonging you seek is not behind you) but kept going towards the voices calling out to her (it is ahead). OTOH, she left Kylo who is her belonging, hence why she looked back because she was the one that left him,though not of her own will, not the other way around. He is her future.
@vaderito

Wow! I never thought about this looking back comparison. It's so true.
@SoloSideCousin
No, just the hiss and rattlesnake rattle as he removes his helmet and she sees his face for the first time. I just think the apple works better because we already have an example of Garden of Eden symbolism in the sound.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree. I am not sure about that hiss bit earlier. I think that literally could be the helmet noise. I didn't hear the rattle. I will have to rewatch the scene.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:05 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

Maz is Hecate, for sure. Talking about crossroads, the path Rey needs to take to find belonging, knowing that Ben could still come back. In the documentary, Maz's castle scene is talked about as the place where everything slows down and we move into a new act of the movie. yes...to the underworld Twisted Evil
@BastilaBey

Maz castle is also the place where Rey and Finn journeys become separate and Rey's become joined with Kylo's thought the Force and sexual attraction to each other.hence why she didn't look back when Finn left her (belonging you seek is not behind you) but kept going towards the voices calling out to her (it is ahead). OTOH, she left Kylo who is her belonging, hence why she looked back because she was the one that left him,though not of her own will, not the other way around. He is her future.
@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin
No, just the hiss and rattlesnake rattle as he removes his helmet and she sees his face for the first time. I just think the apple works better because we already have an example of Garden of Eden symbolism in the sound.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree. I am not sure about that hiss bit earlier. I think that literally could be the helmet noise. I didn't hear the rattle. I will have to rewatch the scene.
@SoloSideCousin

Go to 0:36. It's definitely there. It fades off as he shows her his face.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:06 pm

she eats the apple..then the snake appears (but she's eaten the apple)..She gets booted out of the garden of eden shortly after (forest)..ends up with Ren, the embodiment of temptation (the dark side)..she already ate the apple...so....lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:08 pm

the hiss happens when the helmet is off and he stands straight..its the second you see his face...temptation
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:08 pm

vaderito wrote:Garden of Eden or at least a very fertile planet (Demeter, Persephone's mother, was goddess of harvest and fertility)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Force-Awakens-Trailer-07

Eats forbidden fruit (space pomegranate or space apple)

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 0ngicp8

Narcissus flower (planted by Gaia at Hades order) enchants Persephone, lures her to pick it up:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Star-wars-7-deleted-scenes-reveal-how-snoke-poisoned-kylo-ren-against-darth-vader-rey-fi-785679

Hades arrives in a chariot with 4 horses

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Image36

Hades steals Persephone:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o1lycd4inO1txgqsw_500

Carries her across the threshold

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o0z7rly3X41rgz8jq_500

Into the Underworld  

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o362v7fAEy1tkecmq_400

She can't leave Underworld in winter

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 4966869-rey+owns+kylo
@vaderito

Actually it should be, Hades leaving with Persephone in his chariot pulls by the four horses. That BB8 POV
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:10 pm

Just figured Rey "the quarter portion scavenger" would of course be eating anything in sight of given the chance. Especially fresh fruits which I am sure are hard to come by in Jakku.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:10 pm

Its probably a mixture of both. I think they take a lot from different stories when it comes to these two...they really wanted to smash it over our heads..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm

Gemini wrote:apple and then the  snake
@Gemini

Definitely bites it twice. I've just checked out. First when the table scene begins. You see her bite it. Than Maz talks, we see this image from slightly different angle, and you see a bite on it. Second time after Maz checks Finn's eyes.

And yes, no one else is eating.

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:13 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:Just figured Rey "the quarter portion scavenger" would of course be eating anything in sight of given the chance.  Especially fresh fruits which I am sure are hard to come by in Jakku.
@Moonjump05

Thing is food in a film is most often used to suggest something..I mean if a character eats all the time..thats on purpose and is supposed to show something about the character...if they dont eat much and are suddenly seen eating its suggestive..In dramas you have people eating all the time to show realism but in this film, firstly its used as a device to show you that she's starving on that planet and yeah she's probably never tasted fruit...again its a mark of her wanting to taste something she's never had...the fact she's eating it and they are talking about the darkside..again its suggesting that the apple and the dialogue are linked.

She's the only person eating in the scene.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:17 pm

vaderito wrote:
Gemini wrote:apple and then the  snake
@Gemini

Definitely bites it twice. I've just checked out. First when the table scene begins. You see her bite it. Than Maz talks, we see this image from slightly different angle, and you see a bite on it. Second time after Maz checks Finn's eyes.

And yes, no one else is eating.
@vaderito

If they were eating,.it would robably mean nothing. But because she is the only one, they are purposfully drawing attention to her and more importantly WHAT she is eating..its red..as well, an eye catching color..a strong color, on purpose.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm

How about when Anakin and Padme are eating and she's eating a pear...
Then to show off, he abuses the force and brings it to his plate and cuts it for her.

She definitely takes a bite of that pear once or twice...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:19 pm

Gemini wrote:

If they were eating,.it would robably mean nothing. But because she is the only one, they are purposfully drawing attention to her and more importantly WHAT she is eating..its red..as well, an eye catching color..a strong color, on purpose.
@Gemini

It's yellow with red strips, more pear shaped from what I've seen when she took the first bite. But yes, they talk about the dark side while she holds bitten fruit pointedly. And than bites again. Only she and no one else.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:20 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

@BastilaBey

@vaderito

@SoloSideCousin
@FrolickingFizzgig

@SoloSideCousin

@FrolickingFizzgig

side note:

I watched TFA with my mom last weekend and she prefers subtitles. It literally says "helmet hisses". Also says it in the Han Solo scene when he takes it off.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:23 pm

even before this connection with forbidden fruit was made, I remember thinking..Oh whats she eating? Because she's the only one eating, audience is most certainly supposed to notice she is eating.,..and again..eating in this film is usually emphasised..she's the only one who eats in the entire film..she licks her plate clean like a greedy child..eats the forbidden fruit..she desires the dark side and she desires ren

Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:23 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

@BastilaBey

@vaderito

Wow! I never thought about this looking back comparison.  It's so true.  
@SoloSideCousin
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree.  I am not sure about that hiss bit earlier.  I think that literally could be the helmet noise.  I didn't hear the rattle.  I will have to rewatch the scene.
@SoloSideCousin

@FrolickingFizzgig

side note:

I watched TFA with my mom last weekend and she prefers subtitles. It literally says "helmet hisses". Also says it in the Han Solo scene when he takes it off.
@Xylo Ren

the helmet does hiss but then a completely different sound happens which is like a snake. The second sound is different because they have used different effects on it to seperate it from the scene, its something the audience hears but is not part of the scene
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:28 pm

I've heard rattle. Not hiss but rattle. makes sense cause metal. But yes, they probably went with snake association cause Kylo's so animalistic and primal and sith he purrs and hisses and rattles. Twisted Evil

Last edited by vaderito on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:28 pm

Gemini wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:  

@BastilaBey

@vaderito

Wow! I never thought about this looking back comparison.  It's so true.  
@SoloSideCousin
@FrolickingFizzgig

I agree.  I am not sure about that hiss bit earlier.  I think that literally could be the helmet noise.  I didn't hear the rattle.  I will have to rewatch the scene.
@SoloSideCousin

@FrolickingFizzgig

side note:

@Xylo Ren

the helmet does hiss but then a completely different sound happens which is like a snake. The second sound is different because they have used different effects on it to seperate it from the scene, its something the audience hears but is not part of the scene
@Gemini

omg I just heard it for the first time!!! WTF IT'S A FREAKING RATTLE

Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:29 pm

@Xylo Ren
Yep, told you. Hiss and a rattle as his face is revealed to her for the first time.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:30 pm

lol i heard it every time I watched it but it didnt click until about the 10th time haha
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm

Well, this incredibly beautiful sad face won't behead Kylo or impale him or whatever antis are hoping:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_o69i5lXf951s7mi6zo2_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_o69i5lXf951s7mi6zo1_540

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:35 pm

I want to believe this is all intentional and the reason behind the hiss is the temptation we're talking about...

ohmygoshhhh this is so frustrating because it could be so amazing but they could also screw up....make Reylo lame or not as deep...

Dec 2017 come tomorrow please
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:41 pm

vaderito wrote:Well, this incredibly beautiful sad face won't behead Kylo or impale him or whatever antis are hoping:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_o69i5lXf951s7mi6zo2_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 3 Tumblr_o69i5lXf951s7mi6zo1_540

@vaderito

Exactly! Also, was purple coloring added to that clip? Because the shots seem a bit lavender purple ... like a mix of red (pink) and blue (light blue). Probably just me seeing things, but it would be cool if there was so residue around her from the Snow Fight.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:49 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:I want to believe this is all intentional and the reason behind the hiss is the temptation we're talking about...

ohmygoshhhh this is so frustrating because it could be so amazing but they could also screw up....make Reylo lame or not as deep...

Dec 2017 come tomorrow please
@Xylo Ren
The hiss/rattle I'm 100% sure was intentional, the fruit... maybe? Gem knows more about this stuff than I do, the context of the scene makes me think it might have been purposeful as well (right after Kylo's temptation speech/as she's learning about the dark side).

To be honest I'm not going to take the high ground and say I would rather have no Reylo than mediocre/badly done Reylo. I'll take mediocre/badly done over none at all because then I'll be able to give the writers A+ for effort, A+ for following the story they started and A+++ for not giving a f*** about vocal minority complaints. I'm mostly joking of course. I'm positive they can and will do the story justice.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:49 pm

Gemini wrote:
Moonjump05 wrote:Just figured Rey "the quarter portion scavenger" would of course be eating anything in sight of given the chance.  Especially fresh fruits which I am sure are hard to come by in Jakku.
@Moonjump05

Thing is food in a film is most often used to suggest something..I mean if a character eats all the time..thats on purpose and is supposed to show something about the character...if they dont eat much and are suddenly seen eating its suggestive..In dramas you have people eating all the time to show realism but in this film, firstly its used as a device to show you that she's starving on that planet and yeah she's probably never tasted fruit...again its a mark of her wanting to taste something she's never had...the fact she's eating it and they are talking about the darkside..again its suggesting that the apple and the dialogue are linked.

She's the only person eating in the scene.
@Gemini

Oh, I get where you guys are coming from. It just works as a character specific thing to do on one level and as possibly symbolic on another level (like many things in the film)
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next