Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

+43
vaderito
Lily Snape
spacebaby45678
MeadowofAshes
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Rogue Rey
MissG
Birdwoman
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
EchoBase
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Gemini
CienaRee
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Blackcanary
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
AnneNeville
Mana
thejediskywalker
MyOnlyHope
RKR Connection
Zeralyos
Rei of Sunshine
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
Force22
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
Reynak
Kessel
panki
Darth Rowan
47 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 02 May 2016, 12:03 pm

I guess that shadow wouldn't seem too peculiar in itself, but compared with all the other shadows in the photo, it's much darker and cast from a completely different direction...

Edit: Doesn't necessarily have to be Kylo in that shadow, though. You could also see it as Dark!Rey seated on a throne. Wink

Last edited by Darth Dingbat on Mon 02 May 2016, 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 12:03 pm

vaderito wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_o6680dOHIo1v6shffo2_500
@vaderito

Shocked

I swear, AD has the most sensuous, kissable mouth I have ever seen on a male. Hopefully Disney will not let that go to waste. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 12:07 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I guess that shadow wouldn't seem too peculiar in itself, but compared with all the other shadows in the photo, it's much darker and cast from a completely different direction...

Edit: Doesn't necessarily have to be Kylo in that shadow, though. You could also see it as Dark!Rey seated on a throne. Wink
@Darth Dingbat
Oh..i never thought about it like that...maybe it was really done on purpose

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 12:10 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:I guess that shadow wouldn't seem too peculiar in itself, but compared with all the other shadows in the photo, it's much darker and cast from a completely different direction...

@Darth Dingbat

That shadow is not there in the film, they added it solely for Promo.

When I look at it, I just see Ren..I saw that right at the start when it was first released to the public

Shes not wearing a cloak but the shadow has one...im 95% sure that its Ren lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 02 May 2016, 12:20 pm

Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

When I look at it, I just see Ren..I saw that right at the start when it was first released to the public

@Gemini

Yes, it's not a natural shadow by any means...

I agree that it's likely to be Kylo, but it's fun to imagine whether it might be her future self, like the Phantom Menace poster shadow referred to Anakin's future self Wink Looking at it a certain way, you can imagine her leaning her elbows on the arm rests of a throne, in a Snoke-like stance.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 12:20 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
vaderito wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_o6680dOHIo1v6shffo2_500
@vaderito

Shocked

I swear, AD has the most sensuous, kissable mouth I have ever seen on a male. Hopefully Disney will not let that go to waste. Wink
@WhatGirl
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Cricp10

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 02 May 2016, 12:49 pm

Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini
Oh, it' 100% Kylo then. Just a small hint of what was to come. There's no reason for it to be Vader.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 02 May 2016, 12:56 pm

@gemini if it was added as part of a promo, it has to be a hint that Kylo is her animus, surely? It's much subtler than the Vader shadow for Anakin, but of course there was no secret about who he was going to become.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 1:03 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@gemini if it was added as part of a promo, it has to be a hint that Kylo is her animus, surely? It's much subtler than the Vader shadow for Anakin, but of course there was no secret about who he was going to become.
@BastilaBey
Sorry if i'm bothering you, but what's "animus"? Question

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam Mon 02 May 2016, 1:04 pm

Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

The shadow is not in the movie. And yes, imho it's Kylo Ren.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Mon 02 May 2016, 1:14 pm

ZenBrainJam wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@ZenBrainJam

I think that there is a shadow in the film. I see it move when she picks up the helmet. It is just very faint because they are filming at a different time of day than when they took the pictures, so the light/shadow stuff is different. I think the shadow in the promo is still natural, just from a different time of day. I still see it as just her shadow. I don't see how it has ren's cowl's shape. But it doesn't really matter anyway. It would be really cool if I'm wrong.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 02 May 2016, 1:14 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@gemini if it was added as part of a promo, it has to be a hint that Kylo is her animus, surely? It's much subtler than the Vader shadow for Anakin, but of course there was no secret about who he was going to become.
@BastilaBey
@bela.mesecina

Not at all! I'm sure there are others who can speak more expertly on the subject but 'animus' is the term for a person's shadow. The idea being that Kylo could be the masculine piece of Rey that she is seeking, and she is the feminine missing piece for him. They are each the belonging that the other seeks.

This meta does a great job of explaining it in the context of fairytales http://ashesforfoxes.tumblr.com/post/141360308671/bride-of-the-monstrous-meeting-the-other-in-the

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 02 May 2016, 1:15 pm

jakkusun wrote:
ZenBrainJam wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@Gemini

@ZenBrainJam

I think that there is a shadow in the film. I see it move when she picks up the helmet. It is just very faint because they are filming at a different time of day than when they took the pictures, so the light/shadow stuff is different. I think the shadow in the promo is still natural, just from a different time of day. I still see it as just her shadow. I don't see how it has ren's cowl's shape. But it doesn't really matter anyway. It would be really cool if I'm wrong.
@jakkusun

But everything else in the photo casts much lighter shadows in a completely different direction.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 May 2016, 1:16 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
@BastilaBey
@bela.mesecina

Not at all! I'm sure there are others who can speak more expertly on the subject but 'animus' is the term for a person's shadow. The idea being that Kylo could be the masculine piece of Rey that she is seeking, and she is the feminine missing piece for him. They are each the belonging that the other seeks.

This meta does a great job of explaining it in the context of fairytales http://ashesforfoxes.tumblr.com/post/141360308671/bride-of-the-monstrous-meeting-the-other-in-the

@BastilaBey
Ooooh! Thank you! I get it now, again, like yin yang )

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenBrainJam Mon 02 May 2016, 1:17 pm

Exactly, it was added on purpose. Rey is in the same spot in the movie, all is the same except for that shadow.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 02 May 2016, 1:21 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
@BastilaBey
@bela.mesecina

@BastilaBey
Ooooh! Thank you! I get it now, again, like yin yang )
@bela.mesecina

Yes it definitely plays into that idea of integration and balance. But with the shadow, there's also a dark element that fits well with the hero and villain dynamic of Reylo and why Rey is afraid of him at first. The idea of confronting the shadow is about Rey confronting the darkness within herself, growing up and accepting that she has both light and dark in her personality. And I guess Kylo needs to do the same, although he's not so much afraid of Rey as in awe of her.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 May 2016, 1:21 pm

Whether the shadow is natural or not, they made sure it looks like him. You can do that digitally or by having her sit in a certain way that makes shadow look certain way. It's a throwback to Ani/Vader!Shadow poster only with Rey and Kylo!Shadow. There's no question that they wanted us to see the shadow that way.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 May 2016, 1:40 pm

vaderito wrote:
Gemini wrote:
vaderito wrote:

And this is Kylo's Rey:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo9_r1_250

I see a difference. Big one.

Look at that shot

So this is when ben  might come home and be a good man again. Look how much Rey wants and needs this

She has belonging in her new brother, belonging in her new father...look at how desperately she wants to find belonging in Ren, what kind of belonging does she want here?  This is her future lover.

Her need for him to be a good man is so important, so much so that JJ used a slow pan in and a very close close up. Her emotion is one of hope and nervousness that he makes the right choice

This is why she behaves like ren ripped her heart out and stamped on it when he killed Han

@vaderito
@Gemini

Exactly. She would have accepted Han's offer to be part of his crew cause Ben would have been with them. Ben disappointed her.

However, she wouldn't believe in him, that he would come with Han if she didn't see something in his mind that convinced her he was not bad. Whatever she saw will be important for VIII.
@vaderito

I'm trying to be good about avoiding spoilers, but the part in bold, maybe that's what comes out during the rumored conversation they have which is so explosive?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 May 2016, 1:46 pm

Saracene wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:I always like your ideas but find myself trying not to get my hopes up too much. It's hard to say if the UST - which yeah, we all saw and are obsessing over - is something that would quickly translate into actual affection. It really depends on whether the end of TFA actually showed us Kylo's redemption starting in earnest with the 'marry me' face and rebirth of the son metaphor. They could still want to have good fun with him being a villain for well into the second half of the next movie, which eats up yet more time.
@BastilaBey

I'm pretty sure that Kylo is going to act like a villain for a good part of the next film, and then they'll reveal his real feelings in some kind of "gotcha!" moment some time in the second half. The fact that they cut out stuff that would make his feelings towards Rey clearer seems to indicate that they want it to be a surprise, and that can't happen if they show him on a redemption path right at the start of Episode VIII. Plus, Kylo's met The One, but I don't think he's anywhere near giving up the cause he's been devoted to for the last six years or so.
@Saracene

I just rewatched ESB for the first time in years and would bet that the next movie plays up the parallels to the storyline about Vader being obsessed in tracking down Luke. He does some pretty horrible things and in the end, it is all about personal interests.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 May 2016, 2:06 pm

I have pretty good reason to believe that reddit spy is legit. I'll definitely keep an eye on his posts.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Mon 02 May 2016, 2:11 pm

vaderito wrote:I have pretty good reason to believe that reddit spy is legit. I'll definitely keep an eye on his posts.
@vaderito

He 'feels' pretty legit to me - not claiming to know everything, etc. which would back up him hearing bits and pieces second hand.

Intrigued to know who gets the 'Skywalker special' hand dismemberment now...!
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 02 May 2016, 2:14 pm

I'm still pretty sure Kylo will get the hand dismemberment. It'd be symbolic, in a way. He denies his legacy since it's too heavy for him and he follows another path, but then it comes and slaps him in the face...
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Mon 02 May 2016, 2:35 pm

I posted something similar in a different thread on here but this is also kinda relevant to Reylo:

The OT had an epic/memorable romance - Han&Leia
The OT had an epic/memorable romance - Anakin&Padme

Both these romances involved conflict:

Han/Leia - class divide/sexual attraction/clear sexual chemistry/strong personalities/other suitors (hey Luke!!)

Anakin/Padme - role issues (Jedi + senator)/strong moral beliefs/different political opinions (even before he was firmer under Palp's wing)/thoughts on other people's opinions of their relationship(especially the JC + OB1)

Also both of these relationships had ramifications felt long after and consequences:

Anakin/Padme - his turn to the Dark Side and becoming Darth Vader/her death/the birth of Luke and Leia/then ultimately his death/the ending of the Jedi Order/OB1's death/Han and Leia (because if weren't for Anidala they'd never had met)

Han/Leia - the birth of Ben/Kylo/his death/parental issues/relationship issues - this one has less of course but the whole Ben/Kylo one is a biggie!!!

The ingredients are there for an epic/memorable romance in the ST and that is Rey&Kylo/Ben.

Conflict - well I think his whole Dark Side/First Order allegiance is one!   Then there's the class divide (he's the heir, she's the scavenger - unless she turns out to be royalty - King Prana or Rey Kenobi or Palpatine).  There's also the role issues/other people's thoughts on their relationship - there are probably more but I'm not that good at analysing.

A relationship between Rey and Kylo/Ben would have long felt consequences (not always a bad sense): the continuation of the legacy, the continuation of the Jedi Order (Grey/Dark etc)/the balance of the Force

Anyway as it was the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death last week I was thinking about how Romeo and Juliet stood the test of time and came up with a thought - it might be partly down to the conflict within the relationship.  It made it memorable - that and the tragic outcome, but that wouldn't necessarily have happened if there hadn't been the conflict in the first place.

Conflict makes for a healthy relationship according to people who are way way smarter than me.

That's why IMHO if SW want a romance in the ST then it should be between Rey and Kylo/Ben - because it has the foundation of a memorable romance not a romcom romance that you practically forget the moment you finish watching it.

People just don't remember nice romcom style romances (well I don't sorry - I'm sure there are people who do and can name some, but they just don't grip in my mind)

+ this is a space fantasy opera franchise - it needs to be big, epic and memorable.  Not just nice and safe.

Also Disney likes a bit of class divide romance going on:
Beauty & the Beast - commoner & Prince
Frozen - commoner & Princess
Cinderella - commoner & Prince
Lady & the Tramp - pedigree dog & mongrel dog
The Aristocats - pedigree cat & mongrel cat
Robin Hood - commoner & aristocat
Aladdin - commoner & Princess
Tangled - commoner & Princess

I'm blabbering while I wait for GoT to start and got a little carried away with my thoughts Evil or Very Mad No
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 2:42 pm

snufkin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
Gemini wrote:
vaderito wrote:

And this is Kylo's Rey:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 19 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo9_r1_250

I see a difference. Big one.

Look at that shot

So this is when ben  might come home and be a good man again. Look how much Rey wants and needs this

She has belonging in her new brother, belonging in her new father...look at how desperately she wants to find belonging in Ren, what kind of belonging does she want here?  This is her future lover.

Her need for him to be a good man is so important, so much so that JJ used a slow pan in and a very close close up. Her emotion is one of hope and nervousness that he makes the right choice

This is why she behaves like ren ripped her heart out and stamped on it when he killed Han

@vaderito
@Gemini

Exactly. She would have accepted Han's offer to be part of his crew cause Ben would have been with them. Ben disappointed her.

However, she wouldn't believe in him, that he would come with Han if she didn't see something in his mind that convinced her he was not bad. Whatever she saw will be important for VIII.
@vaderito

I'm trying to be good about avoiding spoilers, but the part in bold, maybe that's what comes out during the rumored conversation they have which is so explosive?
@snufkin

Whats the rumoured conversation?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 02 May 2016, 2:43 pm

@Rogue Rey Agree with all of this! People forget that a relationship on screen is not the same as one in real life. To be epic, there has to be some idea that the relationship could not happen because x, y, z. There needs to be some element of it being risky, dramatic, intriguing. This to me is the biggest indicator that finnrey will not happen and Reylo will happen. Finnrey could have been set up as a conflict.

They could have made Rey feel betrayed and angry at Finn's confession that he's a stormtrooper. They could have made him a little scornful of her status as a scavenger - closer to how Kylo looks down on her at first. Because there has to be something to overcome! It's not real life where people get together and that's it. Rey and Kylo will learn from each other as their story plays out, and the eventual affection and love would complete them.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next