Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

+43
vaderito
Lily Snape
spacebaby45678
MeadowofAshes
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Rogue Rey
MissG
Birdwoman
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
EchoBase
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Gemini
CienaRee
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Blackcanary
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
AnneNeville
Mana
thejediskywalker
MyOnlyHope
RKR Connection
Zeralyos
Rei of Sunshine
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
Force22
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
Reynak
Kessel
panki
Darth Rowan
47 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 02 May 2016, 2:46 pm

Rogue Rey wrote:Don't know where to post this so I'll just drop it here Laughing

This is a list compiled by Empire Film Magazine earlier this year (here in the UK) of the 30 greatest Star Wars characters (including TFA newbies):

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/30-star-wars-characters/

But if you don't wanna read it (there is some swearing but also descriptions about each character - so you should check it out) her is the top 30:

30) Imperial Guards
29) Admiral Ackbar
28) TIE Fighter pilot
27) Greedo
26) Jawa
25) C-3PO
24) Qui-Gon Jinn
23) Padme Amidala
22) Scout Trooper
21) Poe Dameron
20) Grand Moff Tarkin
19) Anakin Skywalker
18) Lando Calrissian
17) Stormtrooper
16) Jabba The Hutt
15) Finn
14) Darth Maul
13) Emperor Palpatine
12) Rey
11) Obi-Wan Kenobi
10) Kylo Ren
9) Yoda
8 ) R2-D2
7) Boba Fett
6) BB-8
5) Chewbacca
4) Princess Leia
3) Luke Skywalker
2) Darth Vader
1) Han Solo
@Rogue Rey

My bae Kylo reppin' that top 10

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Drake-3.w529.h352
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 2:46 pm

My little heart just broke..Ren really nearly makes Rey cry when he calls her a scavenger like she's beneath him..bottom lip quivering and everything..trying hard not to cry at that..his words stung her...they stung her so badly...why does she care so much what this guy thinks of her? She is so aggressive to others and doesnt care what they think of her..not him though when he says that.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 02 May 2016, 2:54 pm

Gemini wrote:My little heart just broke..Ren really nearly makes Rey cry when he calls her a scavenger like she's beneath him..bottom lip quivering and everything..trying hard not to cry at that..his words stung her...they stung her so badly...why does she care so much what this guy thinks of her? She is so aggressive to others and doesnt care what they think of her..not him though when he says that.
@Gemini

Yeah and in the book he "perhaps senses her embarrassment" and changes the subject. I think she says at one point in the film that she's "no one" or "just a scavenger" so she really does think she's worth nothing. Ren will soon show her otherwise.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 May 2016, 2:59 pm

@Gemini Others can probably provide more detailed links (I'm the type of person who waits until Christmas morning to unwrap presents), but one of the rumors is that one of their scenes together is an extended conversation, which Luke does not react to very well.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 3:01 pm

snufkin wrote:@Gemini Others can probably provide more detailed links (I'm the type of person who waits until Christmas morning to unwrap presents), but one of the rumors is that one of their scenes together is an extended conversation, which Luke does not react to very well.
@snufkin

Between Rey and Luke?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 May 2016, 3:02 pm

Gemini wrote:My little heart just broke..Ren really nearly makes Rey cry when he calls her a scavenger like she's beneath him..bottom lip quivering and everything..trying hard not to cry at that..his words stung her...they stung her so badly...why does she care so much what this guy thinks of her? She is so aggressive to others and doesnt care what they think of her..not him though when he says that.
@Gemini

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o5deul6Pdi1qcvp48o1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o5deul6Pdi1qcvp48o2_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o5deul6Pdi1qcvp48o3_500

Sad Sad Sad

this is perfect because it's all important class struggle element that is most popular romantic trope.

Also, you asked about conversation:

According to my source, Kylo and Rey have a conversation that Luke does not like. Luke tries to stop them. Luke gets angry... and the whole hut they are in disintegrates (re: 'blows up'). My source did not specify as to the exact cause of the disintegration, but based on the info I believe Luke accidentally (or perhaps even purposely) does so using the Force.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4h9l7d/regarding_lukes_explosive_temper_ep8/

Reddit but legit sounding one based on his previous 2 scoops and answers in Q&A.

@BastilaBey

Post by BastilaBey Today at 21:43

@Rogue Rey Agree with all of this! People forget that a relationship on screen is not the same as one in real life. To be epic, there has to be some idea that the relationship could not happen because x, y, z. There needs to be some element of it being risky, dramatic, intriguing. This to me is the biggest indicator that finnrey will not happen and Reylo will happen. Finnrey could have been set up as a conflict.

They could have made Rey feel betrayed and angry at Finn's confession that he's a stormtrooper. They could have made him a little scornful of her status as a scavenger - closer to how Kylo looks down on her at first. Because there has to be something to overcome! It's not real life where people get together and that's it. Rey and Kylo will learn from each other as their story plays out, and the eventual affection and love would complete them.

Finnrey dramatic potential is 0. Intentionally so. They did everything in their power to make them as conflict and tension free as possible. BBFs. End of.

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 02 May 2016, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 3:08 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
@Gemini

Yeah and in the book he "perhaps senses her embarrassment" and changes the subject. I think she says at one point in the film that she's "no one" or "just a scavenger" so she really does think she's worth nothing. Ren will soon show her otherwise.
@Xylo Ren

In this case, changing the subject, he tries to show that he wants her even though she's a scavenger....kind of fails though, not the best wat to do it LOL
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 02 May 2016, 3:09 pm

vaderito wrote:This is rey without Kylo:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo4_250
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo5_r1_250
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo6_r1_250
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo8_r1_250

And this is Kylo's Rey:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo9_r1_250
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o65wq7sOGn1s3ulybo1_250

I see a difference. Big one. They really put an effort to show that Rey feels about Kylo what she doesn't about other characters. her reaction to Finn, BB8, Han is the same wide eyed child-like curiosity. But Kylo brings out something completely different in her and they wanted us to see it. That he is special to her in a way none of other characters is.
@vaderito

Have we made one for Kylo yet? Maybe you have.

Kylo without Rey:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o0xq0lUAkb1sjtg3ko1_400

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_nzw0ftSmgK1v2ndkio1_400

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o01qugoAeY1v2kafqo1_400

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 2fcfa47a4138064106d17c052a4acd5e

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o4gw38AHov1uax063o2_500

= little lost boy.

Kylo Ren when he's with Rey:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o2xax7eBjN1v4cqgxo1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o0jsn60QiT1ro1v80o1_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o53q215bj41v4pr6ko1_540

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o0yugwMnx31v3n7xho4_500

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Reylo-GIF-by-trashwilldo-tumblr-kylo-ren-and-rey-39431547-500-395

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Reylo-by-kylodelrey-tumblr-kylo-ren-and-rey-39182874-250-123

= Cocky sex god motherf******.

Last edited by Xylo Ren on Mon 02 May 2016, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 May 2016, 3:10 pm

^ @vaderito comes through, both for the rumored conversation/blow up and class struggle. I totally read his comments as saying "Ew, poor people." And both Kasdan and Abrams have mentioned in interviews that it wasn't just having the lead being a woman, but somebody who's lower class because of the social distance to be covered. Although after he says that, it's the Nerd Off where he has that split second facial response to her rattling off very detailed technical specifications like "OMG she's smart" and then very quickly checks her out again. He may be a snob, but he's interested in her.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 02 May 2016, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 3:11 pm

he seems certain about what he wants around rey...he does not seem this way at any other point in the film
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 02 May 2016, 3:11 pm

EchoBase wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:Ok there's something in the cliff scene I never paid much attention to; Kylo snarled while Rey was tapping into the force.  In fact the same...exact...way...Rey did when he mind probed her.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o585bc6flm1qkbiaio1_400_zpsmnsc01fa
There facial expressions are exactly the same.  It never occurred to me she was reading his mind when she closed her eyes and turned on the Force juice.  I mean this time she is doing it on purpose like his mind was a big well of knowledge she knew she could drink from.  The only difference is he's not fighting her probe as hard as she fought his.  Hmm Intresting it's almost like he was ok with her invading his mind, this time.?

The meta below explained it in fair detail, and is where I got the above GIF from.  
http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/142359897643
@Darth Dementor

In fact if you think about it, him driving her to the edge of the cliff then makes sense. He tells her she needs a teacher that can show her the ways of the force. We all think she rejected him, and ultimately she did by not going with him. But if she tapped into his mind and he let her, did she really reject his offer? He said he could show her the force. Did he mean tap into my mind so I can show you right now? If this is the case, she absolutely accepted his offer and after all is said and done she's very conflicted because she realized she liked it. She liked the power, the ability to use the force. She knows she shouldn't, but she liked it and actually wants to feel that power again but she knows Kylo is the only one that has shown her how to do it.
Also, notice the times she has most overtly used the force. Arguments can be made throughout the movie for some people, but when it's most obvious (mind read on Kylo, mind control on trooper, fighting skills with Kylo) they are all in close proximity to her teacher Kylo. They made sure to show him stomping down the hallway towards her when she mind controlled the trooper and he was there not a minute later.

So far she's only used the force when he's near.
@Xylo Ren

I like this idea. Then, it would make sense why he seems to scream "harder" twice. He wanted to teach her. Wink
@EchoBase

OMG! I just had the most insane idea after I read this sentence ... seriously, don't laugh. (Okay do laugh ... Laughing).  But what if the whole post-cliffside fight was some self-punishing teaching moment?  What if he wasn't just saying "harder" over and over again verbally, but was giving her instructions mentally/forcewise? What if he was telling her to punish him for what he did? Or maybe thinking about it in a slightly different way, what if he wanted to test her and test himself? Maybe he has doubts now about the dark side, and he wants to see if she can beat him?

I don't know.  All that "harder", "harder" stuff can be read kind of like a boxing/MMA trainer.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 May 2016, 3:11 pm

@Xylo ren

and don't forget the greatest Kylo face ever:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o4rh9vVrLd1rszoo3o6_r2_250

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 02 May 2016, 3:14 pm

good god im just trying to make a GIF for my meta and it jjst seems to be taking forever lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 02 May 2016, 3:20 pm

vaderito wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I wonder what the text beside the shadow says:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 NEhq7DyGVwWZln_2_a

The Aurebesh letters are hard to make out, they're made to look so worn.

(If the HD image doesn't show up, open it in another window)
@Darth Dingbat

Yep, that's Kylo alright. I mean, it's so obvious and makes no sense to be Vader (not to mention that's a shadow of Kylo's cowl, Vader would never cast such shadow).

@Rogue Rey Just shows you that media =/= GA. People voted for SW characters. of course that Kylo would crack Top 10 and he'll crack Top 3 when all is said and done, together with Han and Vader.
@vaderito

I agree with both notes. The shadow is not Vader. It's Kylo. The helmet, the width of the shoulders.

Also, I agree about Kylo. I think he's already part of the zeitgeist when we barely know what his story is. He's going to be a very big deal when all is said and done.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 02 May 2016, 3:20 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
vaderito wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o6680dOHIo1v6shffo2_500
@vaderito

Shocked

I swear, AD has the most sensuous, kissable mouth I have ever seen on a male. Hopefully Disney will not let that go to waste. Wink

especially in this one:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o0zksa0KnU1v4pr6ko1_540
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 02 May 2016, 3:20 pm

vaderito wrote:@Xylo ren

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o4rh9vVrLd1rszoo3o6_r2_250

@vaderito
Adam Driver just doesn't know how to play hate/disgust, okay? That's what he was going for in that scene, honest!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 02 May 2016, 3:22 pm

I think it says a lot that Kylo killed Han and was still ranked in the top 10 for that Empire Magazine article.

It really says a lot.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 02 May 2016, 3:23 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
Darth Dementor wrote:Ok there's something in the cliff scene I never paid much attention to; Kylo snarled while Rey was tapping into the force.  In fact the same...exact...way...Rey did when he mind probed her.
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_o585bc6flm1qkbiaio1_400_zpsmnsc01fa
There facial expressions are exactly the same.  It never occurred to me she was reading his mind when she closed her eyes and turned on the Force juice.  I mean this time she is doing it on purpose like his mind was a big well of knowledge she knew she could drink from.  The only difference is he's not fighting her probe as hard as she fought his.  Hmm Intresting it's almost like he was ok with her invading his mind, this time.?

The meta below explained it in fair detail, and is where I got the above GIF from.  
http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/post/142359897643
@Darth Dementor

In fact if you think about it, him driving her to the edge of the cliff then makes sense. He tells her she needs a teacher that can show her the ways of the force. We all think she rejected him, and ultimately she did by not going with him. But if she tapped into his mind and he let her, did she really reject his offer? He said he could show her the force. Did he mean tap into my mind so I can show you right now? If this is the case, she absolutely accepted his offer and after all is said and done she's very conflicted because she realized she liked it. She liked the power, the ability to use the force. She knows she shouldn't, but she liked it and actually wants to feel that power again but she knows Kylo is the only one that has shown her how to do it.
Also, notice the times she has most overtly used the force. Arguments can be made throughout the movie for some people, but when it's most obvious (mind read on Kylo, mind control on trooper, fighting skills with Kylo) they are all in close proximity to her teacher Kylo. They made sure to show him stomping down the hallway towards her when she mind controlled the trooper and he was there not a minute later.

So far she's only used the force when he's near.
@Xylo Ren

I like this idea. Then, it would make sense why he seems to scream "harder" twice. He wanted to teach her. Wink
@EchoBase

OMG! I just had the most insane idea after I read this sentence ... seriously, don't laugh. (Okay do laugh ... Laughing).  But what if the whole post-cliffside fight was some self-punishing teaching moment?  What if he wasn't just saying "harder" over and over again verbally, but was giving her instructions mentally/forcewise? What if he was telling her to punish him for what he did? Or maybe thinking about it in a slightly different way, what if he wanted to test her and test himself? Maybe he has doubts now about the dark side, and he wants to see if she can beat him?

I don't know.  All that "harder", "harder" stuff can be read kind of like a boxing/MMA trainer.
@SoloSideCousin

No why should I laugh? That would totally make sense. Maybe that's why he is not defensive at all, come on, no one can tell me, he is that weak, even after being shot by Chewie's bowcaster. He lets her defeat him. The question is why? Surely there could be several reasons and self-punishment could be one of them.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 May 2016, 3:24 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@vaderito
Adam Driver just doesn't know how to play hate/disgust, okay? That's what he was going for in that scene, honest!
@FrolickingFizzgig

he's the worst actor ever. Razzies should not have ignored him.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 02 May 2016, 3:28 pm

EchoBase wrote:
@EchoBase

@SoloSideCousin

No why should I laugh? That would totally make sense. Maybe that's why he is not defensive at all, come on, no one can tell me, he is that weak, even after being shot by Chewie's bowcaster. He lets her defeat him. The question is why? Surely there could be several reasons and self-punishment could be one of them.
[/quote]
@EchoBase

Kind of like how Reverend Dimsdale self flagellates in the Scarlet Letter? If you've ever seen the PBS adaptation from the late 70s-early 80s, John Hurt as Dimsdale very graphically self-flagellates to atone for his affair with Hester Prynn. This is how Hawthorne describes it:

His inner turmoil drove him to practices more familiar to the corrupted old Catholic Church than the reformed faith in which he had been raised. Locked away in Mr. Dimmesdale’s secret closet was a bloody whip. This Puritan had often whipped himself with it, laughing bitterly while he did, and then beating himself more brutally for his bitter laughter. He also fasted, as did other pious Puritans. But unlike these others, he did not fast to purify his body and make it a fitter vessel for holy inspiration. He fasted as an act of penance, until his knees trembled beneath him. He kept vigils night after night, sometimes in utter darkness, sometimes by a flickering light, and sometimes staring into a mirror while the light glared bright around him. These scenes symbolize the constant introspection through which he tortured, without purifying, himself. Visions often seemed to flit before him during these long vigils. Sometimes, these visions flickered vaguely in the dim corners of his room; sometimes they appeared more clearly, right beside him in the mirror. Now, devilish hordes grinned and mocked the pale minister, beckoning him to follow them. Now, a group of shining angels flew upward slowly, as though weighed down by their sorrow for him but growing lighter as they rose. Dead friends from his youth appeared, along with his white-bearded father with a saintlike frown and his mother, turning her face away as she passed. Though she was only a ghost, it would have been nice if she would throw her son a pitying glance! And now, across the terrible, ghost-filled room, glided Hester Prynne. She was leading her little Pearl in scarlet clothes and pointing her forefinger first at the scarlet letter on her own bosom and then at the clergyman’s breast.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 02 May 2016, 6:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Mon 02 May 2016, 3:28 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

I just had to make this point in my meta. Anti-redemptionsts love to paint this moment as Kylo feeling insanely jealous that lowly scavenger got his lightsaber that he is just being a brat over. Yeah...sure...he's looking at her like she is the center of the universe and everything has fallen into place for him. At no other point in the movie does he look at peace like this.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 02 May 2016, 3:33 pm

vaderito wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

he's the worst actor ever. Razzies should not have ignored him.
@vaderito

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_o4njxh2nT41qgg21a_500

"I have no idea what I'm doing." - Adam Driver
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 02 May 2016, 3:34 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

I just had to make this point in my meta. Anti-redemptionsts love to paint this moment as Kylo feeling insanely jealous that lowly scavenger got his lightsaber that he is just being a brat over. Yeah...sure...he's looking at her like she is the center of the universe and everything has fallen into place for him. At no other point in the movie does he look at peace like this.
@BastilaBey

And look at freakin left corner of his lips curling into a smile. That's why you hire naturalistic actors, not overactors. Bolded = what Adam looked like when God sent him Eve.

@Xylo ren Indeed.

Last edited by vaderito on Mon 02 May 2016, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 02 May 2016, 3:35 pm

BastilaBey wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@vaderito
@FrolickingFizzgig

@BastilaBey
In no movie/show/game/anything have I ever seen "jealousy" portrayed in a face like this. His lips start to twist into a smile of pure awe. That's 100% the face the guy makes when the girl-next-door walks down the stairs in the beautiful dress in every fairytale love story ever told.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 KGC9ikt
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 20 KSDmi5L
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 02 May 2016, 3:36 pm

This is so cute, especially the "interrogation" scene. I think you need a Facebook account to watch it:

https://www.facebook.com/Disney/videos/10153638590010954/
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next