Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

+43
vaderito
Lily Snape
spacebaby45678
MeadowofAshes
snufkin
Xylo Ren
Rogue Rey
MissG
Birdwoman
guardienne
ZenBrainJam
EchoBase
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Gemini
CienaRee
Kylo Ren
Search Your Feelings
Blackcanary
jakkusun
FrolickingFizzgig
ReyofLightSide
AnneNeville
Mana
thejediskywalker
MyOnlyHope
RKR Connection
Zeralyos
Rei of Sunshine
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Moonjump05
Force22
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
Reynak
Kessel
panki
Darth Rowan
47 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm

also..Im just going to mention that this is the closest they get to her in the whole scene (apart from her deranged face at the end/tables turning) meaning..that her reaction when she sees his face is one of the most important things in the scene. You have no where else to look but her face..you cant not see that reaction she has. The closer the close up..the more the director wants you to take note of something and the closer you are, the more the director wants to draw you in to their emotions:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Screen22

this is the closest they get to Ren...and his reaction to whatever she's doing when the tables turn, is this, this is something they want you to take note of...he's not in pain..far from it:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Screen23
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

Gemini wrote:also..Im just going to mention that this is the closest they get to her in the whole scene (apart from her deranged face at the end/tables turning) meaning..that her reaction when she sees his face is one of the most important things in the scene. You have no where else to look but her face..you cant not see that reaction she has. The closer the close up..the more the director wants you to take note of something and the closer you are, the more the director wants to draw you in to their emotions:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Screen22

this is the closest they get to Ren...and his reaction to whatever she's doing when the tables turn, is this, this is something they want you to take note of...he's not in pain..far from it:

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Screen23
@Gemini
I can't not look at the hearts. I really can't. I almost hope they were a mistake because they're hilarious.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:58 pm

Also, I split the scene into 3, because the tone changes 3 times with the pacing and editing, poitioning and whats happening on screen with the actors

1. Ren small talk..wanting her to like him, she's dominant its not threatening in a sense
2. Rens desire takes over, he's dominant it becomes threatening...but odd at same time (way he's looking at her)
3. Tables turn and metaphorical force sex...she's dominant.

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

I'm with Fizz. Gimme any Reylo and screw vocal minority. Reylo >>>>>>>> no Reylo. Screw the high ground. Yes, amazing Reylo is most desirable but if that cna't be than just give us Reylo. But give us Reylo.

Gem explains it all! That's awesome! Snow Fight, he's dominant during Force Bond sex and than she turns tables and dominates their climax (hence spent Kylo gasping for breath and licking his lips while lying in the snow).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:01 pm

I can't get over Kylo lying inside the heart at the edge of the cliff....that one was absolutely 100% intentional
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:02 pm

vaderito wrote:I'm with Fizz. Gimme any Reylo and screw vocal minority. Reylo >>>>>>>> no Reylo. Screw the high ground. Yes, amazing Reylo is most desirable but if that cna't be than just give us Reylo. But give us Reylo.

Gem explains it all! That's awesome! Snow Fight, he's dominant during Force Bond sex and than she turns tables and dominates their climax (hence spent Kylo gasping for breath and licking his lips while lying in the snow).
@vaderito

Thats the forest scene

Interrogation scene is what I split into 3 but I think the forest scene is split into three as well..
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm

I'm with @Vaderito and @Frolickingfizzgig. No Reylo would be a much much bigger disappointment over a mediocre story. However, I can't fathom how the story would be bad or mediocre if our favorite nerds are paired romantically. I have high hopes.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:04 pm

Gemini wrote:

Thats the forest scene

Interrogation scene is what I split into 3 but I think the forest scene is split into three as well..
@Gemini

Yes, that's what I meant. You explained interrogation and I was thinking that such split could apply to Snow Fight as well. Considering they up'd sexual content to nth degree (which was already very prominent in interrogation).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:I want to believe this is all intentional and the reason behind the hiss is the temptation we're talking about...

ohmygoshhhh this is so frustrating because it could be so amazing but they could also screw up....make Reylo lame or not as deep...

Dec 2017 come tomorrow please
@Xylo Ren
The hiss/rattle I'm 100% sure was intentional, the fruit... maybe? Gem knows more about this stuff than I do, the context of the scene makes me think it might have been purposeful as well (right after Kylo's temptation speech/as she's learning about the dark side).

To be honest I'm not going to take the high ground and say I would rather have no Reylo than mediocre/badly done Reylo. I'll take mediocre/badly done over none at all because then I'll be able to give the writers A+ for effort, A+ for following the story they started and A+++ for not giving a f*** about vocal minority complaints. I'm mostly joking of course. I'm positive they can and will do the story justice.

AGREED. Give me Reylo  even if it's not incredibly deep...but I think it will be intimate because that's what they've set up!  
There's just too much effort that's gone into the easter eggs, the music, the cinematography, the sets, the lighting, the dialogue, the costuming, symbolism, the make up...

too much for it all to be "coincidence" and too much for it to be shallow or badly done.

Gemini wrote:also..Im just going to mention that this is the closest they get to her in the whole scene (apart from her deranged face at the end/tables turning) meaning..that her reaction when she sees his face is one of the most important things in the scene. You have no where else to look but her face..you cant not see that reaction she has. The closer the close up..the more the director wants you to take note of something and the closer you are, the more the director wants to draw you in to their emotions:

Interesting observations! I think her look does show surprise and attraction. And the way he saunters over to her after putting the helmet away is becoming more and more evident to me that he knows and "feels it too". king
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm

that last part of the interrogtaion scene..the tone just totally changes in a heartbeat...the second the tables turn it becomes different to everything else, they use new shot angles, new camera techniques, slower editing/pacing... pair that with what they are both doing in that moment..everything suggests sexual undertones.

Last edited by Gemini on Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:09 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we never got to know exactly what she "feels too". It might be plain foreshadowing that will be left open to interpretation, but it can only mean so many things. I really would prefer this because I think the line holds so much more power without being given a direct explanation. Is it something in the Force? Something connecting them? Attraction? I hope they leave it up in the air, and I hope it comes to represent all the possible interpretations.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:10 pm

Mana wrote:I can't get over Kylo lying inside the heart at the edge of the cliff....that one was absolutely 100% intentional
@Mana

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
So happy other people see it too, I wasn't the only one! It's absolutely intentional and wonderful to know!

Agree with everyone that says mediocre Reylo>No Reylo! I will sail this ship into the calmest sunset or the most ferocious tempest with a smile on my face! pirat
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:12 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we never got to know exactly what she "feels too". It might be plain foreshadowing that will be left open to interpretation, but it can only mean so many things. I really would prefer this because I think the line holds so much more power without being given a direct explanation. Is it something in the Force? Something connecting them? Attraction? I hope they leave it up in the air, and I hope it comes to represent all the possible interpretations.
@FrolickingFizzgig

the camera gets so close to both of them during the moments when something is going on with the force..it just screams that something is going on underneath..JJ wants you to try and see what it is without telling you because he wants you to see their facial expressions..they are in the middle of a "fight" yet something doesnt quite seem so.

Its like a power struggle on the surface but underneath they are bonding..its really...REALLY weird.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

You all know what's conveniently missing from the TFA soundtrack?

ANYTHING from the Interrogation scene. There's like this curious lingering clarinet line when he takes his helmet off and some long tones in the strings as they go back and forth with the force and it's just no where in the soundtrack...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:16 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we never got to know exactly what she "feels too". It might be plain foreshadowing that will be left open to interpretation, but it can only mean so many things. I really would prefer this because I think the line holds so much more power without being given a direct explanation. Is it something in the Force? Something connecting them? Attraction? I hope they leave it up in the air, and I hope it comes to represent all the possible interpretations.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm wondering if it's connected with what she saw in his mind that will have ramifications in VIII. MSW in June 2015:

The story possibilities are interesting if it was to turn out that Rey and Kylo have no blood connection. It has been suggested to me that the interrogation sequence between Kylo and Rey has ramifications for the sequel. The possibilities…

Look at those shippers! Even before the movie came out, good job guys! Shippers since June 2015! Top that!

MSW Podcast few days ago. After appropriately lewd comments about Snow Fight and Interrogation (they should join our Reylo Sex Thread), they answered @Nonesuch question:

paraphrased: Interrogation ramifications in VIII will be that Rey learned something about Kylo which will be addressed in VIII. It isn't "you are afraid that you'll never be as strong as Darth Vader" but something else.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:18 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
Mana wrote:I can't get over Kylo lying inside the heart at the edge of the cliff....that one was absolutely 100% intentional
@Mana

So happy other people see it too, I wasn't the only one! It's absolutely intentional and wonderful to know!

Agree with everyone that says mediocre Reylo>No Reylo! I will sail this ship into the calmest sunset or the most ferocious tempest with a smile on my face! pirat
@Xylo Ren

Can you find that picture??....I can't seem to...Sad
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:19 pm

vaderito wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig

I'm wondering if it's connected with what she saw in his mind that will have ramifications in VIII. MSW in June 2015:

The story possibilities are interesting if it was to turn out that Rey and Kylo have no blood connection. It has been suggested to me that the interrogation sequence between Kylo and Rey has ramifications for the sequel. The possibilities…

Look at those shippers! Even before the movie came out, good job guys! Shippers since June 2015! Top that!

MSW Podcast few days ago. After appropriately lewd comments about Snow Fight and Interrogation (they should join our Reylo Sex Thread), they answered @Nonesuch question:

paraphrased: Interrogation ramifications in VIII will be that Rey learned something about Kylo which will be addressed in VIII. It isn't "you are afraid that you'll never be as strong as Darth Vader" but something else.
@vaderito

in the books she's amazed by something she sees..she sees vulnerability as well..this amazes her?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:20 pm

Mana wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
@Mana

@Xylo Ren

@Mana

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 GDO5rBU

It's in Legal Image Archive in Cloud City.

@Gemini good find. Whatever amazed her but hopefully something good? Not bad amazing. No AshGate amazing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:24 pm

Mana wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
@Mana

@Xylo Ren

@Mana

Here's the one I made Smile posted it on tumblr and it has almost 800 notes...guess other people see it too Wink
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Screen20
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 Screen19
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:25 pm

vaderito wrote:
Mana wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
@Mana

@Xylo Ren

@Mana

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 5 - Page 4 GDO5rBU

It's in Legal Image Archive in Cloud City.

@Gemini good find. Whatever amazed her but hopefully something good? Not bad amazing. No AshGate amazing.
@vaderito

SITH!! LOOK AT THAT, THE DUDE IS LYING INSIDE A FREAKIN' HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:26 pm

@Mana or a giant a**? Laughing It looks like buttocks too. Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:30 pm

@vaderito I can see us being great friends in real life... lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:32 pm

IoJovi wrote:@vaderito I can see us being great friends in real life... lol!
@IoJovi

We already are in Realyo life!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 8:40 pm

Gemini wrote:even before this connection with forbidden fruit was made, I remember thinking..Oh whats she eating? Because she's the only one eating, audience is most certainly supposed to notice she is eating.,..and again..eating in this film is usually emphasised..she's the only one who eats in the entire film..she licks her plate clean like a greedy child..eats the forbidden fruit..she desires the dark side and she desires ren

He'll tempt her with what she's been deprived of/desires, the "weird" part promised. And if his struggle is to avoid "seduction," maybe there will be an equal number of hints dropped in the next movie when it shifts more to his perspective. Although dunno, at least as a native English speaker, there's a big difference between being tempted versus being seduced.

And all of this analysis with camera shots and references to the Bible, mythology, and fairy tales should be a college seminar reading packet. At least for all of the people who will eventually revisit this movie when the hidden story comes to light.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 28 Apr 2016, 9:02 pm

IoJovi wrote:I'm with @Vaderito and @Frolickingfizzgig. No Reylo would be a much much bigger disappointment over a mediocre story. However, I can't fathom how the story would be bad or mediocre if our favorite nerds are paired romantically. I have high hopes.
@IoJovi

Me too. SW frequently does not do perfect stories. It's not, nor has it ever been a pure artistic product. There are always business considerations. That being said, they appear to be more gutsy and artistically inclined than ever before. That in and of itself is huge. They had the guts to have Han and Leia's kid kill Han and still make many people love him. They cast Adam Driver as the son, not Chris Evans (nothing against him, but he's a much more safe choice). They are turning the out-of-character hokey ending of ROTJ on its head and returning to the ESB characterizations (a risk in toy sales). They have a guy like Rian Johnson running the show now. They have gone PG-13. No, they probably won't hit anyone's headcanons right. In my mind I would change certain things about Rey to make her more perfect for Kylo, and I am sure other people might tweak Kylo for Rey and vice versa. But what they have to work with is so good, and it's ambitious no matter how you slice it. And best of all, they have two of the best actors they have ever had in SW playing the parts. People compare Driver to this generation's Pacino, DeNiro, Brando. He might turn out to be Scorsese's next favorite after Leo and DeNiro for all we know. You don't generally get an actor like that in SW. And yet there he is, and DR, as young as she is, is absolutely right there with him in every one of the scenes. That's incredible, especially after the uneven acting we have seen over the years in this series, (particularly due to green screens and poor actor direction). These two are going to be able to make just about everything work.

So no, the Reylo story will probably not be perfect for any of us here, especially after all our analysis, but I see it like a review of Christopher Nolan's Interstellar that I read. The reviewer admitted that there were some logic issues and that the story wasn't perfect, but the reviewer applauded Nolan for literally reaching for the stars, and for actually have the guts to try to make a movie like that. I feel like that with Reylo. If we are only half right with the subtextual readings here, it will have been a *huge* intellectual advancement for SW, IMO, and even if they don't get it perfect, they will have had to the guts to reach for the stars.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next