Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

+50
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Lily Snape
teltaru
nonesuch
jakkusun
soulluos
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
Search Your Feelings
Macha Ren
motherofpearl1
ladyconsular
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
panki
Helix
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
spacebaby45678
Saracene
Armadeus
Little_Boots
Jakku
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Slade
SanghaRen
MissG
Krafty
rey09
EchoBase
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
Mana
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
LadyHa
54 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by vaderito Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:01 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
snufkin wrote:@vaderito - Jedi Trials will be surviving a shopping trip to Ikea and assembling a Hermes dresser
@snufkin

We've done that! Granted, I let my husband do all of the Hermes dresser assembly and took our daughter somewhere to get her out of the house.
@ISeeAnIsland

So is it weird that my husband and I actually enjoy IKEA together, and we make it a regular thing on purpose?  Granted, he designs furniture for a living, so there's that...  Laughing
@IoJovi

Oh, man, I just remembered! Biggest hut = IKEA/first Jedi temple as per Bothan-Spy. So Luke blows up IKEA cause Rey and Kylo passed IKEA test!

@MeadowofAshes Yeha, lets organize this. How about we go by the order that Rian presented, from 3 Outlaw Samurai to Sahara? Lets see if they have them on YT for everyone to see.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:01 pm

IoJovi wrote:Yeah I might get a lot of raised eyebrowsfor admitting this, but I never caught Stormpilot on my first viewing (unlike a certain other ship we all know and love) until I went on Tumblr. Then a week later I saw TFA again and I was....oh yeah I see it now. IIii see the bromance.... Laughing

@IoJovi Lol I didn't either! I was convinced it was going to be Finnrey (even though I saw the Reylo vibes with the bridal carry) that Stormpilot went right over my head in my first viewing. My best friend mentioned she saw it (along with only a sibling-like relationship between Finn/Rey) and I remember thinking "huh?". On my second viewing, I immediately saw Poe's attraction to Finn and went "Oh I see it now."

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:03 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@IoJovi
I think it's possible, but IMHO it has more to do with diverting attention away from Stormpilot. They stirred up a real frenzy with that completely by accident, and in a weird it's been validated by outside sources that have nothing to do with the story itself (like Buzzfeed and MTV). It's interracial and gay, so of course it's attracted the attention of social justice fans of all kinds. I wouldn't be surprised if there was backlash from various news outlets toward KMT's character for "ruining" the "gay couple" in SW. No doubt LucasFilm is going to have to deal with homophobia accusations (even though KMT was cast before TFA was even released and was likely planned to appear in the trilogy as Finn's love-interest for a long time). It's an unfortunate situation, but I expect them to make it obvious KMT is Finn's love-interest in the coming year as they start to explore the characters more. I think it'll be "spoiled" before the film's release (quickly or slowly) and will be up for discussion at SW Celebration this time next year. In that regard it might be used to cover up another "romance", but I also expect them to advertise Rey and Kylo with a lot of "two sides of one coin" imagery.

I totally forgot about StormPilot, but you must be right here. Lots of people that intentionally ship it must think it's still possible. I think that really was blown out of proportion, yeah he bites his lip and he lets him wear his jacket but like you said, I think it was an accident/just Poe being Poe. I never picked up any vibes and still don't but people have run away with it and now LF is trying to put that fire out.

Poor KMT, between FinnRey and StormPilot...I hope her character is kicka***.
@Xylo Ren
And think about it. Rian liked Stormpilot art on Twitter, it's had so many clickbait articles written about it (and real news articles). It was nominated for "ship of the year" by MTV, and John debunked FinnRey, stating that the romance "wasn't going that way, but that it would be interesting in the next instalment." Add to that John's retraction of his statement that Finn and Poe was "just a bromance" and that "anything could happen". Imagine someone taking all that as evidence, and you do see how it might introduce a problem going forward. They can't do another retraction of Boyega's retraction (because that would make Disney/LucasFilm look so bad), so instead they're emphasizing KMT's role and how much it has to do with Finn's in VIII.

Rian did say he was going to be more open about certain things. I kind of get the feeling that might mean less "red-herring" nonsense this time.

For the record I would have been all for Stormpilot, but it doesn't look like it'll happen, and that's fine too.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:10 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@IoJovi
I think it's possible, but IMHO it has more to do with diverting attention away from Stormpilot. They stirred up a real frenzy with that completely by accident, and in a weird it's been validated by outside sources that have nothing to do with the story itself (like Buzzfeed and MTV). It's interracial and gay, so of course it's attracted the attention of social justice fans of all kinds. I wouldn't be surprised if there was backlash from various news outlets toward KMT's character for "ruining" the "gay couple" in SW. No doubt LucasFilm is going to have to deal with homophobia accusations (even though KMT was cast before TFA was even released and was likely planned to appear in the trilogy as Finn's love-interest for a long time). It's an unfortunate situation, but I expect them to make it obvious KMT is Finn's love-interest in the coming year as they start to explore the characters more. I think it'll be "spoiled" before the film's release (quickly or slowly) and will be up for discussion at SW Celebration this time next year. In that regard it might be used to cover up another "romance", but I also expect them to advertise Rey and Kylo with a lot of "two sides of one coin" imagery.

I totally forgot about StormPilot, but you must be right here. Lots of people that intentionally ship it must think it's still possible. I think that really was blown out of proportion, yeah he bites his lip and he lets him wear his jacket but like you said, I think it was an accident/just Poe being Poe. I never picked up any vibes and still don't but people have run away with it and now LF is trying to put that fire out.

Poor KMT, between FinnRey and StormPilot...I hope her character is kicka***.
@Xylo Ren
And think about it. Rian liked Stormpilot art on Twitter, it's had so many clickbait articles written about it (and real news articles). It was nominated for "ship of the year" by MTV, and John debunked FinnRey, stating that the romance "wasn't going that way, but that it would be interesting in the next instalment." Add to that John's retraction of his statement that Finn and Poe was "just a bromance" and that "anything could happen". Imagine someone taking all that as evidence, and you do see how it might introduce a problem going forward. They can't do another retraction of Boyega's retraction (because that would make Disney/LucasFilm look so bad), so instead they're emphasizing KMT's role and how much it has to do with Finn's in VIII.

Rian did say he was going to be more open about certain things. I kind of get the feeling that might mean less "red-herring" nonsense this time.

For the record I would have been all for Stormpilot, but it doesn't look like it'll happen, and that's fine too.

@FrolickingFizzgig All this. Plus I think if Finn had never a LI planned, Disney might've bitten the bullet and gone with it. Not only was the reaction to it so positive, but I think they could've worked it into the story. Finn pretty much had little to no romantic/sexual experience in the First Order and running from that would've given him the chance to explore his sexuality. Disney could've used this to make Finn realise he was gay/bi and develop his relationship with Poe. But it's not to be. Not doubt he will have romantic/sexual experience with KMT anyway (one could argue he slightly experienced it with Rey in TFA).

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 17 Jul 2016, 10:43 pm

IoJovi wrote:Yeah I might get a lot of raised eyebrowsfor admitting this, but I never caught Stormpilot on my first viewing (unlike a certain other ship we all know and love) until I went on Tumblr. Then a week later I saw TFA again and I was....oh yeah I see it now. IIii see the bromance.... Laughing
@IoJovi

Stormpilot was one of the few things that I'd been spoiled on (it hit the mainstream media instantly), and since we didn't see TFA until after it had been running for a few days, I had seen an article or two about it. I avoided most details about TFA (didn't even know about Han's death, although I had a gut feeling that he'd be killed off), but I think I'd seen a headline or something speculating about a gay relationship in Star Wars, and it sucked me in.

Knowing about it going in, yeah, I totally saw it. And I thought that it was funny that Finn had more chemistry with Poe than he did with Rey, who I was still assuming would be Finn's LI at that point.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 17 Jul 2016, 11:57 pm

@vaderito So far the ones I've found in full on YT are Bridge on the River Kwai and Letter Never Sent (The Unsent Letter). I'll keep looking for the other four. 

You guys'll get a chuckle out of this:
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 Screen30
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/17/star-wars-celebration-2016-how-6-movies-might-shape-star-wars-episode-8

Right, IGN. The safe and unconflicted love between two good guys would totally undermine the rest of the Resistance. Laughing

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:02 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:@vaderito So far the ones I've found in full on YT are Bridge on the River Kwai and Letter Never Sent (The Unsent Letter). I'll keep looking for the other four. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/17/star-wars-celebration-2016-how-6-movies-might-shape-star-wars-episode-8

Right, IGN. The safe and unconflicted love between two good guys would totally undermine the rest of the Resistance. Laughing
@MeadowofAshes

WTF???? how will a romance between Rey and Finn threaten to undermine the resistance and challenge the FO????? I think they've got the characters mixed up or something LOLOLOLOL!!!!
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:03 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:@vaderito So far the ones I've found in full on YT are Bridge on the River Kwai and Letter Never Sent (The Unsent Letter). I'll keep looking for the other four. 

@MeadowofAshes

Lmao. Did they not read John's interview debunking FinnRey?
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:06 am

Mana wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

WTF???? how will a romance between Rey and Finn threaten to undermine the resistance and challenge the FO????? I think they've got the characters mixed up or something LOLOLOLOL!!!!
@Mana

Episode VIII spoiler:
Finn: Thank goodness I rescued you from Kylo on Ahch-To.
Rey: Finn, the rest of the Resistance has been destroyed. We need to go fight the First Order!
Finn: Not tonight baby, it's Netflix and Chill Sunday.
Rey: Oh you're right. Well, it'll just have to wait until tomorrow then. Should we order pizza?
*crash!*
Cut to Rey in a holding cell.
Roll credits.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:23 am

MeadowofAshes wrote:
Mana wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

@Mana

Episode VIII spoiler:
Rey: Finn, the rest of the Resistance has been destroyed. We need to go fight the First Order!
Rey: Oh you're right. Well, it'll just have to wait until tomorrow then. Should we order pizza?
*crash!*
Roll credits.
@MeadowofAshes

I'd watch that movie, Kevin James is playing Finn, right? Otherwise, wow. You just made me curious enough to Google the writer - LinkedIn profile mentions a BA and MA in English Literature with honors (?!).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:28 am

snufkin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Mana wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

@Mana

Episode VIII spoiler:
*crash!*
Roll credits.
@MeadowofAshes

I'd watch that movie, Kevin James is playing Finn, right? Otherwise, wow. You just made me curious enough to Google the writer - LinkedIn profile mentions a BA and MA in English Literature with honors (?!).
@snufkin

guys..this is a TRAVESTY!!!!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 5d275f4ef197ede7047cdd7087ed2a5e.260x195x26
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:37 am

Mana wrote:
snufkin wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
Mana wrote:

@MeadowofAshes

@Mana

Episode VIII spoiler:
*crash!*
Roll credits.
@MeadowofAshes

@snufkin

guys..this is a TRAVESTY!!!!

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 5d275f4ef197ede7047cdd7087ed2a5e.260x195x26
@Mana

I feel mean for the above LinkedIn comment, but how can somebody go through an undergrad and grad degree program and not learn about how to interpret a text for foreshadowing, clues, subtext, and character trajectories? It's not like we still live in a world where film critics are serious and informed writers, But still, those suggested scenarios for Bridge on the River Kwai and Gunga Din are pretty off based on the foreshadowing, rumors and logical storylines that are already in place. At least do some homework so that you mention the influence that David Lean's movies had on the OT and that Gunga Din had on Indiana Jones.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:26 am

@MeadowofAshes

How much hard I try to understand "antis" (not the delusional maniacs, but rather GA fan boys of my generation - I have a soft spot for them) this article saddly confirms that there are no hope for some of them. lol
It is just ridiculous.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 18 Jul 2016, 2:22 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Maybe Rey and Kylo are the keys needed to unlock the Jedi Temple door, so to speak! We don't know if Luke has been on that island for the whole of his exile, but you'd think he would take a look see, unless he can't get in for some reason.

ETA - It also has me thinking of Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (as well as Temple of Doom) for the trials that have to be undertaken to get access to the Holy Grail.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Oh I like both of those thoughts a lot! :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Jul 2016, 2:52 am

@MeadowofAshes

*spits drink* lollololololilolol!!!!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 3:29 am

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 Tumblr10

Is that MF?

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 18 Jul 2016, 3:33 am

bela.mesecina wrote:ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 Tumblr10

Is that MF?
@bela.mesecina

It think it is some FO ship or something like that.
I saw a pick of MF cockpit on set - it looks differently.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 18 Jul 2016, 4:06 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I'll admit that I'm a bit disappointed that Poe is a "core character" now. Don't get me wrong - I love Oscar Isaac, and I love Poe as he is. But it's a big jump from a character who was originally supposed to die to a central character. He didn't seem at all a dynamic character in TFA: he began as an awesome dude, and finished as an awesome dude. He was the awesome dude supporting character, and great as such.
@Darth Dingbat

I kinda think the jump makes sense considering that there's going to be a separate plot that deals with the Resistance and the war, i.e. Poe's home turf.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:35 am

The IGN article which was posted above, was retweeted by Pablo. There are some interesting bits though. Apart from the "budding romance" of Rey and Finn Wink.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/17/star-wars-celebration-2016-how-6-movies-might-shape-star-wars-episode-8

On The Bridge on the River Kwai:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 2 Image111

Last edited by EchoBase on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:38 am

EchoBase wrote:The IGN article which was posted above, was retweeted by Pablo. There are some interesting bits though. Apart from the "budding romance" of Rey and Finn Wink.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/17/star-wars-celebration-2016-how-6-movies-might-shape-star-wars-episode-8
@EchoBase

I'm sorry, I just.....can't with that one.

lol! lol! lol!

They do realize Finn isn't going to be ANYWHERE near Ach-to, right?
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:39 am

IoJovi wrote:
EchoBase wrote:The IGN article which was posted above, was retweeted by Pablo. There are some interesting bits though. Apart from the "budding romance" of Rey and Finn Wink.

@EchoBase

I'm sorry, I just.....can't with that one.

lol! lol! lol!

They do realize Finn isn't going to be ANYWHERE near Ach-to, right?
@IoJovi

I fear, they don't Wink.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:48 am

This is especially funny since the idea of a 'budding romance' between Finn and Rey was denied by John Boyega himself, LOL...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:09 am

Last time I crashed on the island (I'm not that good of a pilot, kind of like Kylo), I saw a huge sign saying: ''Force sensitive zone''. You might even be able to spot it in some of the leaked pics. I was only able to get there because I'm force sensitive, much like everyone else on this board. The biggest proof is we all felt Kylo and Rey's connection. Which also explains the antis. They literally CAN'T get it. A bit like wizards and muggles.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:25 am

That ING thing is the most hilarious unintentionally humorous conclusion ever. I'm Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Aren't they supposed to be up to date with spoilers?

Also, to me at least, the big takeout from Rian's description how VIII developed while watching VII dailies is that he was planning Finntran while watching VII footage. JB is not a liar like some Finnreys claim. He told the truth and Rian confirmed it. Rey and Finn were never meant to be a romance otherwise Finntran wouldn't be planned while VII was still shooting. End of.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:29 am

that article does contain some interesting speculation as to what inspiration from those movies might mean for episode VIII....some redemption friendly stuff in there as well.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next