Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

+50
MyOnlyHope
creepi0
Lily Snape
teltaru
nonesuch
jakkusun
soulluos
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
CienaRee
Search Your Feelings
Macha Ren
motherofpearl1
ladyconsular
ZioRen
Rimfaxe96
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
FrolickingFizzgig
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
IoJovi
panki
Helix
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
Xylo Ren
vaderito
Darth_Awakened
spacebaby45678
Saracene
Armadeus
Little_Boots
Jakku
Kyla Ren
ReyofLightSide
Kessel
Slade
SanghaRen
MissG
Krafty
rey09
EchoBase
SoloSideCousin
BenRey
Mana
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
Irina de France
LadyHa
54 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by EchoBase Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:42 am

Mana wrote:that article does contain some interesting speculation as to what inspiration from those movies might mean for episode VIII....some redemption friendly stuff in there as well.
@Mana

That's I wanted to say. I think they are totally unspoiled, but like I said Pablo retweeted it and even said it is "well done". I'm sure, mainly because they summarize each listed film briefly and try to find out how it might shape Episode 8. Everyone is free to interpret it.
But the redemption bits are really highly interesting, if you ask me. (Especially, the part where they speculate about Kylo betraying Snoke).

Remember Kylo used to be seen as irredeemable by a large part of the GA. And now the possibilty of him being redeemed is at stake.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8

Post by Mana Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:47 am

EchoBase wrote:
Mana wrote:that article does contain some interesting speculation as to what inspiration from those movies might mean for episode VIII....some redemption friendly stuff in there as well.
@Mana

That's I wanted to say. I think they are totally unspoiled, but like I said Pablo retweeted it and even said it is "well done". I'm sure, mainly because they summarize each listed film briefly and try to find out how it might shape Episode 8. Everyone is free to interpret it.
But the redemption bits are really highly interesting, if you ask me. (Especially, the part where they speculate about Kylo betraying Snoke).

Remember Kylo used to be seen as irredeemable by a large part of the GA. And now the possibilty of him being redeemed is at stake.
@EchoBase

Except, the part where the 'budding romance' is mentioned...just replace Finn with Kylo and it totally makes sense how it would affect the resistance AND the First Order, like the writer was speculating Thumbs up WinksD
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:48 am

EchoBase wrote:The IGN article which was posted above, was retweeted by Pablo. There are some interesting bits though. Apart from the "budding romance" of Rey and Finn Wink.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/07/17/star-wars-celebration-2016-how-6-movies-might-shape-star-wars-episode-8

On The Bridge on the River Kwai:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 Image111
@EchoBase

Omggg I need to rewatch the film, screams kylo and rey teaming up. My heart is exploding with thoughts of the possibiltiesss!!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:20 am

Mana wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
@Mana

@EchoBase

Except, the part where the 'budding romance' is mentioned...just replace Finn with Kylo and it totally makes sense how it would affect the resistance AND the First Order, like the writer was speculating Thumbs up WinksD
@Mana

of course, because love between people from opposite sides of the conflict affects the conflict. Love between people from the same side does not.

Guys, when we find out KMT's movie name Finntran will get a new name. I got so attached to Finntran that I don't know how I'll take it.

But, anyway, I think that they may employ the same strategy like with TFA and release new character names on a trade cards or cue cards. They did that with Rey/Finn/Kylo/Poe/BB8 names.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:25 am

vaderito wrote: of course, because love between people from opposite sides of the conflict affects the conflict. Love between people from the same side does not.

Guys, when we find out KMT's movie name Finntran will get a new name. I got so attached to Finntran that I don't know how I'll take it.

But, anyway, I think that they may employ the same strategy like with TFA and release new character names on a trade cards or cue cards. They did that with Rey/Finn/Kylo/Poe/BB8 names.
@vaderito

Bingo! And as a result it will be all the more riveting, with a forbidden romance kind of deal. With the idea that they are "off limits" to each other, it just makes it feel more tempting because flirting with the opposing side is a no-no. Wink
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Jul 2016, 8:45 am

Krafty wrote:  

Bingo! And as a result it will be all the more riveting, with a forbidden romance kind of deal. With the idea that they are "off limits" to each other, it just makes it feel more tempting because flirting with the opposing side is a no-no. Wink
@Krafty

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Well, we are going to have an action feats with Finntran on one side and Reyo . I'm putting stunt videos in a spoiler so they don't take too much space:

Spoiler:
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:43 am

@MeadowofAshes

I had a good laugh indeed, but IGN writes for the general audience so I don't mind them writing about Finnrey.

I'm still intrigued by the core message; stranded, survival, romance;
- Stranded - wasn't there talk about a ship wreck seen at the shooting in Ireland?
- Survival - there was some headless monster costume/dummy at the Ireland shooting too!
- Romance - well, not that many people on Ahch-To. Ruke, Reylo, Rey taking off with some sleazy KoR or Rey x Chewbacca, triggering a new plotline for Maz's revenge to get her boyfriend back.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:54 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes

I had a good laugh indeed, but IGN writes for the general audience so I don't mind them writing about Finnrey.

- Stranded - wasn't there talk about a ship wreck seen at the shooting in Ireland?
- Survival - there was some headless monster costume/dummy at the Ireland shooting too!
- Romance - well, not that many people on Ahch-To. Ruke, Reylo, Rey taking off with some sleazy KoR or Rey x Chewbacca, triggering a new plotline for Maz's revenge to get her boyfriend back.
@Rimfaxe96

Wasn't letter never sent applied to the resistance plot line?
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 18 Jul 2016, 9:56 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes

@Rimfaxe96

Wasn't letter never sent applied to the resistance plot line?
@Maria Antonietta
They didn't give any information about what might be applied where. It's anyone's guess right now. They wouldn't make a distinction between plotlines like that.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:05 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:

Lol, no, they are for Internet geeks. General audience doesn't know WTF is IGN. he writes form a typical Reywalker position. Word romance = Finnrey cause there are no other alternatives. One's a cousin and another's gay and never met the girl to boot, right? Laughing

@Rimfaxe96

Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK, so, stranded = shipwreck. yes, apparently a ship full of (hopefully drunk) Knights crash landed on Ahch-to. Cause of crash unknown (but fingers crossed for drunk flying)

Survival - LNS is about survivial a sin man vs nature and man vs man's nature so I guess Ahch-to is too. We know that there's at least a rain storm. That's confirmed. other than that, there could be an exploding hut and space chicken.

Romance - stranded together in the second movie of the trilogy, they fall in love. I'm totally talking about Ruke or Reybacca. Laughing Yes, Kylo and Rey scenes will be shot against gorgeous Ireland landscape and sky. Rian said that it was amazing to have the actors (and we know who they are - DR, AD, MH) in such magical place. I also bet they used secret locations. So lets see, beautiful young people, he being a man from her past coming for her to take his revenge (but we know better), Irish green, Irish rocks, Irish sea, irish rain, Irish sunset...yeah.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:06 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes

@Rimfaxe96

Oh yes Rey falls for one of the KoR, but he breaks her heart, but never fear Chewie is there to mend it!

Last edited by MissG on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:14 am

vaderito wrote:other than that, there could be an exploding hut and space chicken.

Chicken are no joke. Anyone who has played Skyrim can tell you that.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 Maxresdefault

MissG wrote:Oh yes Rey falls for one of the KoR, but he breaks her heart, but never fear Chewie is their to mend it!
@MissG

See, it works for the storyline! And I bet Rey's capable of pulling off 'honey trap' tactics to gather information about the FO/KoR. Feisty minx!
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

EchoBase wrote:
@Mana

@EchoBase

I agree. With the exception of the Finnrey thing, the article is pretty interesting. I haven't seen most of those movies, but there is a ton of moral muddiness in there with enemies having to work together and the blindly loyal regaining their honor by betrayal. Holy sith, with these kinds of influences this movie is going to be incredible. I am really excited about what Rian is going to do. He seems like such an intelligent and creative guy. No wonder Adam and the rest seemed to love him.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:45 am

I'm so excited about these movie inspirations! Even disregarding romance, heroes and villains being forced to work together and changing their outlook accordingly is one of my favorite tropes.

I also got a good chuckle out of the idea of budding FinnRey derailing the Resistance efforts. Nothing about that relationship suggests much drama in future movies, same with Poe and Finn. The only drama that was set up revolved around Finn being a Stormtrooper (and lying about it) and all of that was resolved in TFA. I think (hope) Finn's past and his lifelong brainwashing will continue to affect him, but I want that to purely be his plot and not have anything to do with his relationship with Rey. He doesn't need to get swallowed up by Rey's plot anymore.

The drama is obviously going to come in the form of the heroes' interactions with the villains. I'm still of a mind that Rey/Luke/Kylo/Snoke and Finn/KMT/Poe/Hux/Phasma are going to be relatively separate plotlines that converge at key moments going forward.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Chicken are no joke. Anyone who has played Skyrim can tell you that.
@Rimfaxe96

See, I came from playing World of Warcraft where it's no big deal to kill chickens left and right. Then I tried out Skyrim - and what's the first thing I see when I get to town? A chicken in the middle of the road. So, without thinking, I swatted it with my ax.

Entire town attacks me all at once like I just murdered a person in the street. I died. After just escaping from a would-be execution, a dragon attack, and a cave full of monsters, that is where I met my end. Death by chicken. No

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:16 am

WhatGirl wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:Chicken are no joke. Anyone who has played Skyrim can tell you that.
@Rimfaxe96

See, I came from playing World of Warcraft where it's no big deal to kill chickens left and right. Then I tried out Skyrim - and what's the first thing I see when I get to town? A chicken in the middle of the road. So, without thinking, I swatted it with my ax.

Entire town attacks me all at once like I just murdered a person in the street. I died. After just escaping from a would-be execution, a dragon attack, and a cave full of monsters, that is where I met my end. Death by chicken. No
@WhatGirl
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 UgOnFcZ

Ocarina of Time too. Chicken murder is a thing in games.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:57 am

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
vaderito wrote:other than that, there could be an exploding hut and space chicken.

Chicken are no joke. Anyone who has played Skyrim can tell you that.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 Maxresdefault

MissG wrote:Oh yes Rey falls for one of the KoR, but he breaks her heart, but never fear Chewie is their to mend it!
@MissG

See, it works for the storyline! And I bet Rey's capable of pulling off 'honey trap' tactics to gather information about the FO/KoR. Feisty minx!
@Rimfaxe96

I am having flashbacks of being chased by my neighbours chicken. He had a few pet chickens....Yikes!

I actually had a pet Cockatoo as a kid and a pet Pidgeon. He used to sit on my head. I am not even joking.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:31 pm

My mate's boyfriend used to keep chickens - he saw them kill a mouse once. Not kidding.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:55 pm

OK, so Rogue One subplot involving the character from planet Jedha that is a pilgrimage site for true believers in the Force makes me believe that VIII (and IX) main 2 plots will be a) restoring the belief in the Force aka Jedi religion aka "new Jedi will rise" and b) taking down FO by military means (hello Spartacus Trooper). I think they'll go LOTR here in that those 2 plots will have the same result - take down Snoke and FO - but may not converge til the end of IX, as in various characters from both plots meets when it's all over.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:57 pm

vaderito wrote:OK, so Rogue One subplot involving the character from planet Jedha that is a pilgrimage site for true believers in the Force makes me believe that VIII (and IX) main 2 plots will be a) restoring the belief in the Force aka Jedi religion aka "new Jedi will rise" and b) taking down FO by military means (hello Spartacus Trooper). I think they'll go LOTR here in that those 2 plots will have the same result - take down Snoke and FO - but may not converge til the end of IX, as in various characters from both plots meets when it's all over.
@vaderito

We really need a betting pool for your predictions, winners get roasted Space Chickens, right?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:01 pm

snufkin wrote:  

We really need a betting pool for your predictions, winners get roasted Space Chickens, right?
@snufkin

of course. We just need Frazetta!Kylo to catch them.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1ZNvWzocq7pWyBr9XxL2kXmw0x3aCJS0JNE4nmVBbM0gaz3f5
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:04 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:My mate's boyfriend used to keep chickens - he saw them kill a mouse once. Not kidding.
@motherofpearl1

Hmmm....... Halloween soundtrack plays***
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 8 - Page 3 BZNWP0j
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:13 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:My mate's boyfriend used to keep chickens - he saw them kill a mouse once. Not kidding.
@motherofpearl1

@Little_Boots

This gif is terrifying wtf lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:25 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@Little_Boots

When I was a little kid, we had a small puppy (a poodle mix) that was taken and killed by an owl.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:27 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:Highlights from the episode 8 panel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B26RQLS-0d4

You really get a sense of RJ's investment in the story when you actually listen to what he says. He seems a bit more humble than JJ (might just be the excitement), very nice and enthusiastic.
JB:''I enjoy my time with new members of cast.''
Also RJ was looking at JB for most of the time while talking about KMT (the director says they'll present her properly down the line). At one point he even points towards him. And, of course, the interview several months ago basically gave it away. They're spending a great amount of time together.
Meanwhile on an island far far away...

Conclusion: our predictions for the separate A/B plot trajectories are being confirmed.
@Queen of the Knights

OMG Pablo was there and speaking! I can hear some people grind their teeth. He's been quite criticized in some parts of the fandom and even considered as not to be taken seriously. And here he is playing the host. I know he's doing speeches on a regular basis, but doing that here is a jab at some people Smile

Nice that JB was there. I hope that some Finn fans have now stopped their stupid #WhereIsFinn thing. Mark and Carrie and their dogs... These 2 are really something. Would be fun if next year we see Daisy and Adam bringing their dogs too. Although some dogs are not too fond of crowds like these 2. Don't know if JB has any pet.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next