Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen

+44
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
Ramblingrose
Dar-ren19
lauvamp
giaciak2
Socialnole
DeeBee
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
MyOnlyHope
Darth Rowan
Teo oswald
californiagirl
Asphodel
SheLitAFire
CienaRee
Helix
panki
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
SanghaRen
ZioRen
snufkin
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
ISeeAnIsland
motherofpearl1
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
BenRey
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
Mana
Lily Snape
Kessel
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
Macha Ren
BastilaBey
vaderito
Irina de France
48 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 19 Feb 2018, 7:17 pm

@Teo oswald I don't think in THIS particular trilogy, Anakin has much to do with Luke. His dynamic with Luke was dealt with in the OT and we saw his own story in full bloom in the PT. To me, Yoda has always been Luke's closest and best guide, and it made excellent sense that he appeared to Luke to set him straight. Because, boy, Luke needed it, and he has always, always trusted Yoda's advice and counsel.

I actually that it's Kylo who needs Anakin just as, possibly, Anakin needs Kylo. So I wouldn't be surprised if for epIX they ask Hayden C to appear. But we shall see Smile
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen

Post by Ramblingrose Fri 02 Mar 2018, 1:13 am

IoJovi wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:@giaciak2 hi Smile - see I don’t think Adam saying that was anything dire because it was a beautiful way for him to accurately (and cryptically) depict Kylo’s state of mind at the end of TLJ. He’s heartbroken and feeling enormous amounts of self-loathing...his life is pretty much a living hell in that moment.

I’m not aware of Daisy saying there will be no kiss, so I was asking to see if there’s maybe a YT vid etc. no big deal Smile
@Dar-ren19

The part about Daisy refusing to kiss Adam sounds like made up anti bs to me, to be honest.  If she really did say that, it'd be a gate to end all gates and we would have heard about it from multiple sources.  I'm 100% certain this isn't true at all...
@IoJovi

The bolded part: Could it be a half truth? Let us say, he tries to kiss her when she is angry in the start of the movie? He did not do the throne room proposal very good. It could be that we get this "refusal" as a deliberate leak. Because Reylo is so big now, and the force bond and other interaction from TLJ was so massive. Disney don't want IX to be predictable. Or Disney want an internet fight between Reylo and anti-Reylo, to increase the publicity. Articles about how anti-Reylo gloat. It is most likely going to be a 2,5 hour movie, or more.
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:26 am

Ramblingrose wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Dar-ren19 wrote:@giaciak2 hi Smile - see I don’t think Adam saying that was anything dire because it was a beautiful way for him to accurately (and cryptically) depict Kylo’s state of mind at the end of TLJ. He’s heartbroken and feeling enormous amounts of self-loathing...his life is pretty much a living hell in that moment.

I’m not aware of Daisy saying there will be no kiss, so I was asking to see if there’s maybe a YT vid etc. no big deal Smile
@Dar-ren19

The part about Daisy refusing to kiss Adam sounds like made up anti bs to me, to be honest.  If she really did say that, it'd be a gate to end all gates and we would have heard about it from multiple sources.  I'm 100% certain this isn't true at all...
@IoJovi

The bolded part: Could it be a half truth? Let us say, he tries to kiss her when she is angry in the start of the movie? He did not do the throne room proposal very good. It could be that we get this "refusal" as a deliberate leak. Because Reylo is so big now, and the force bond and other interaction from TLJ was so massive. Disney don't want IX to be predictable. Or Disney want an internet fight between Reylo and anti-Reylo, to increase the publicity. Articles about how anti-Reylo gloat. It is most likely going to be a 2,5 hour movie, or more.
@Ramblingrose

I think what @IoJovi is referencing are rumors about the actors, not the characters.
And I agree with IoJovi, even if Daisy had reservations about a kiss, maybe on behalf of her character, there's no way she'd refuse. That would be like any of us telling our bosses no to an assignment/task. Like do you want to lose your job? Lol and Daisy doesn't have enough clout in her career yet to make demands or say no once she's signed onto a project. No way. She's not Meryl Streep status lol
Plus I can't see Daisy being disrespectful to her bosses like that anyway. Look, Mark Hamill "fundamentally disagreed" with his character in TLJ (at least after the first reading) and he still sucked it up and preformed.
This is totally anti bs. Just like the their other statement "daisy hates kylo ren" when we know FOR A FACT daisy would play Kylo if she could play any other character (press tour Q&A, December 2017). Lol and I fully believe she'd be down for kissing Adam/Kylo/Ben. Im not saying this in a rumor speculating kind of way but she and Adam are friends, there is trust there, and they're both professionals.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Macha Ren Fri 02 Mar 2018, 3:28 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:
Ramblingrose wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@Dar-ren19

@IoJovi

@Ramblingrose

I think what @IoJovi is referencing are rumors about the actors, not the characters.
And I agree with IoJovi, even if Daisy had reservations about a kiss, maybe on behalf of her character, there's no way she'd refuse. That would be like any of us telling our bosses no to an assignment/task. Like do you want to lose your job? Lol and Daisy doesn't have enough clout in her career yet to make demands or say no once she's signed onto a project. No way. She's not Meryl Streep status lol
Plus I can't see Daisy being disrespectful to her bosses like that anyway. Look, Mark Hamill "fundamentally disagreed" with his character in TLJ (at least after the first reading) and he still sucked it up and preformed.
This is totally anti bs. Just like the their other statement "daisy hates kylo ren" when we know FOR A FACT daisy would play Kylo if she could play any other character (press tour Q&A, December 2017). Lol and I fully believe she'd be down for kissing Adam/Kylo/Ben. Im not saying this in a rumor speculating kind of way but she and Adam are friends, there is trust there, and they're both professionals.
@SheLitAFire

The bolded totally reeks of anti BS. just came across the quote on Tumblr again this morning where Daisy praises Adam as a very supportive acting partner. Daisy is not that big of an actress to start bucking storylines and plots. And quite frankly, I don't see that as her behavior either.

To quote Daisy:

When me and Adam did the torture scene he was so respectful and so generous. Like he really helped me get there emotionally. I think the first day I worked with him, we did the torture scene...He was the most kind, generous person to work with. There was a moment where I was struggling to get the emotion and he gave me so much time. I didn't ask him, he just saw it. Seriously, I can't speak highly enough about him. In the very basic sense of it all, the's the most amazing scene partner.

Yeah, if she trusts him to run the interrogation scene together, she's not going to have a problem kissing his character in a scene.

They're professionals, they laugh, cry, rage, kiss and more if the script says to do it.

Daisy doesn't have a problem kissing her screen partner. It's the antis that have a problem with that.
Macha Ren
Macha Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:20 pm

From the “have I kissed a girl before?” and “he may have played Spin the Lightsaber at Jedi Academy.” anecdote, fair to say the kissing between these two characters has already been discussed by the actors. Also possible they may have had takes where Luke interrupted them in lip lock.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 02 Mar 2018, 4:36 pm

Macha Ren wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
Ramblingrose wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@Dar-ren19

@IoJovi

@Ramblingrose

@SheLitAFire

The bolded totally reeks of anti BS. just came across the quote on Tumblr again this morning where Daisy praises Adam as a very supportive acting partner. Daisy is not that big of an actress to start bucking storylines and plots. And quite frankly, I don't see that as her behavior either.

To quote Daisy:

When me and Adam did the torture scene he was so respectful and so generous. Like he really helped me get there emotionally. I think the first day I worked with him, we did the torture scene...He was the most kind, generous person to work with. There was a moment where I was struggling to get the emotion and he gave me so much time. I didn't ask him, he just saw it. Seriously, I can't speak highly enough about him. In the very basic sense of it all, the's the most amazing scene partner.

Yeah, if she trusts him to run the interrogation scene together, she's not going to have a problem kissing his character in a scene.

They're professionals, they laugh, cry, rage, kiss and more if the script says to do it.

Daisy doesn't have a problem kissing her screen partner. It's the antis that have a problem with that.
@Macha Ren

That definitely sounds made up. It's literally part of her job so she doesn't really have a right to complain about it either way. If she is fine with the interrogation scene which was very intimate (Adam gets right up in her face) then she should be fine with a kiss. Not to mention she has always been very respectful and admiring when talking about him in interviews. They seem to have bonded well when filming TLJ (going out for drinks together etc.) and even in that interview where Daisy cracks that joke about Un-Break My Heart being Kylo's go to karaoke song, she prefaces that by saying she wouldn't want to offend Adam. Doesn't sound like someone who would refuse to kiss him.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 2:39 am

Daisy is an actress and a professional, this sounds like some anti propaganda. Frankly I am very tired of it, and although a person is entitled to their views they are not entitled to character assassinate an actor simply because they don't like their character.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Fri 09 Mar 2018, 9:26 am

The things that would fully disappoint me with Episode IX are that it doesn't bring the story full circle by bringing the whole series together and that Ben isn't redeemed. Both are important to me as the bringing unity between the trilogies together pays respect to George and answers loose ends in the event we do eventually do go beyond it. This way we will also have free range to go anywhere in the story and know at the same time we wrapped up what George intended for the story to be. The other is Ben not being redeemed in some way. I think he will be but it won't be full on Light Side redemption like his Grandfather. I think he and Rey hold the key to the Light and Dark. She's the Light to his Dark and he's the Dark to her Light. Together they'll bring Balance of the Force and that's how he'll be redeemed and not as clear cut as the OT. The PT is Dark, the OT is Light, and the ST is Balance. Possibly Anakin's Force Ghost will serve as the Father like Mortis but we shall see.

Last edited by BB-Rey on Fri 09 Mar 2018, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 9:39 am

BB-Rey wrote:The things that would fully disappoint me with Episode IX are that it doesn't bring the story full circle by bringing the whole series together and that Ben isn't redeemed. Both are important to me as the bringing unity between the trilogies together pays respectful to George and answers loose ends in the event we do eventually do go beyond it. This way we will also have free range to go anywhere in the story and know at the same time we wrapped up what George intended for the story to be. The other is Ben not being redeemed in some way. I think he will be but it won't be full on Light Side redemption like his Grandfather. I think he and Rey hold the key to the Light and Dark. She's the Light to his Dark and he's the Dark to her Light. Together they'll bring Balance of the Force and that's how he'll be redeemed and not as clear cut as the OT. The PT is Dark, the OT is Light, and the ST is Balance. Possibly Anakin's Force Ghost will serve as the Father like Mortis but we shall see.
@BB-Rey

Two things I really don't want to see - Kylo dying, and Rey ending up a female space monk teaching children. Dull as dishwater.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Fri 09 Mar 2018, 9:48 am

@motherofpearl1

I think he won't die per say. It's more he'll become an eternal being. That's if they go the direction of Mortis. I think Rey would become this too and they'd come together in unity there to ensure Balance of the Force for the galaxy.

As with restoring the Jedi Order. That's going to be very interesting to see how they pull off as everything points to refined Jedi sight as the answer.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:15 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
BB-Rey wrote:The things that would fully disappoint me with Episode IX are that it doesn't bring the story full circle by bringing the whole series together and that Ben isn't redeemed. Both are important to me as the bringing unity between the trilogies together pays respectful to George and answers loose ends in the event we do eventually do go beyond it. This way we will also have free range to go anywhere in the story and know at the same time we wrapped up what George intended for the story to be. The other is Ben not being redeemed in some way. I think he will be but it won't be full on Light Side redemption like his Grandfather. I think he and Rey hold the key to the Light and Dark. She's the Light to his Dark and he's the Dark to her Light. Together they'll bring Balance of the Force and that's how he'll be redeemed and not as clear cut as the OT. The PT is Dark, the OT is Light, and the ST is Balance. Possibly Anakin's Force Ghost will serve as the Father like Mortis but we shall see.
@BB-Rey

Two things I really don't want to see - Kylo dying, and Rey ending up a female space monk teaching children. Dull as dishwater.
@motherofpearl1
This is the only case for which I will be the spark that will light the flame which will burn Star Wars .... for the next 10 years to come ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:33 am

BB-Rey wrote:@motherofpearl1

I think he won't die per say. It's more he'll become an eternal being. That's if they go the direction of Mortis. I think Rey would become this too and they'd come together in unity there to ensure Balance of the Force for the galaxy.

As with restoring the Jedi Order. That's going to be very interesting to see how they pull off as everything points to refined Jedi sight as the answer.
@BB-Rey

It think Mortis is far to difficult to explain to the GA in a single movie and therefore it is unlikely to be touched upon in the saga films. Mortis is great for things like Clone Wars and Rebels because they have the chance to flesh these things out but this is episode 9 and the last film so the chances of Mortis making an appearance are slim imo.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 09 Mar 2018, 10:47 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
@BB-Rey
@motherofpearl1

Or Kylo dying, and leaving Rey alone pregnant with their child... I think it's unlikely- but who knows. Some fans theorize that's the way to keep the Skywalker line and kill of the villain that can't be redeemed without dying Nope

Maybe I'm a bit salty but if Kylo dies I don't even care about the Skywalker line anymore Err no
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:12 am

@whisperingwillow

That's true. Although, it's not too difficult to explain. All you have to have is Anakin serve as the Father and have him give Rey and Ben a choice to flee or come together in unity for lasting Balance of the Force. You can have different Force Ghosts appear to explaining bits and pieces as well of what is it. It doesn't take too much explaining. Although, yes, it probably is very unlikely. I wouldn't fully rule it out though. Especially if IX is the number that George indeed saw the Skywalker saga ending at.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:24 am

Night Huntress wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
@BB-Rey
@motherofpearl1

Or Kylo dying, and leaving Rey alone pregnant with their child... I think it's unlikely- but who knows. Some fans theorize that's the way to keep the Skywalker line and kill of the villain that can't be redeemed without dying Nope

Maybe I'm a bit salty but if Kylo dies I don't even care about the Skywalker line anymore Err no
@Night Huntress

Ditto. Frankly he has become my favourite SW character. Ever.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 09 Mar 2018, 11:55 am

They won’t do the dead dad and single mum 2x, just like how the “daughter of people taken out by the bad guys” was the scenario for Jyn so it didn’t get repeated for Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by princessmoon Mon 12 Mar 2018, 12:35 am

My personal Do Not Wants:
-Ben dying, even if he does get redeemed. Redemption by death would be a boring Vader repeat.
-the force bond being completely dissolved.
-Kylo harming Rey. I truly feel that he doesn't want to hurt her
-Rey and Kylo having a strictly antagonistic relationship. I want complicated, I want angst
-None of the other stormtroopers being redeemed/broken out. It always seemed odd to me that Finn would be the only redeemable stormtrooper, and I'd like his arc to be about this.
-Leia being killed. I would be ok with a peaceful death or just an off-screen excuse for her being away, but having her murdered seems a bit disrespectful to Carrie in my opinion
-Kylo going deeper into the dark side. Hell no. I want my boy to be conflicted, depressed, and soul-searchy for a while. I want an arc that's kind of like the ATLA episode 'Zuko Alone'.
-Any kind of love triangle. I hate them in general lol but especially in this case.
-Rey or Finn dying. Both seem pretty unlikely, but I would still be disappointed
-Kylo not getting any hugs/tender touches. Pls let him feel some human warmth JJ
-Kylo turning justttt at the end. I'd like to see him turn sooner, maybe halfway through the movie or earlier.
-Hux not challenging Kylo. I feel there's been good build-up for Hux to stage a coup or betray Kylo in some way.

princessmoon
princessmoon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingrose Mon 12 Mar 2018, 2:46 am

Absolutely no Poe Dameron romance with Rey. Well, nothing that she returns. Him fliring with her is ok.

Absolutely no Knight of Ren returning as Kylo's ex or his "friend with benefits".  Mad

I want them to be innocent or almost innocent. It goes so against Kylo's character to have an an active "sex life". He is ten years older than Rey, so a bittersweet romance or tragic romance in his teens would be ok. But no ex alive.

Rey had a terrible life on Jakku, so any sexual encounter there would have been too nasty to be a topic for a Disney Movie. Unwanted kiss, the most. Her character is too sweet and innocent to carry a traumatic sexual memory.
Ramblingrose
Ramblingrose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Mon 12 Mar 2018, 2:12 pm

I’ve been thinking about what could possibly happen in IX that I’d hate or dislike and I’ve come up with a list. It’s centred around Kylo and Rey as well as their relationship cos it seems that’s what I care the most about. To me other aspects are either obvious (good will defeat evil, be it plain Resistance victory or stormtroopers rebellion or both etc.) or indifferent (Poe Razz - I liked him in TFA and was sad after his apparent death, only to cheer up when it turned out he survived, but I found him so annoying in TLJ that now I couldn’t care less if he lives or dies a slow and painful death lol! ). Anyway, the list starts with what I’d hate most and concludes with things I’d dislike but could live with:
1. Kylo’s death
I don’t think I could bear Kylo’s death under any circumstances, but especially unredeemed. Making him a big bad, purely evil and fully dark character is extremely unlikely after serving us conflicted, regretful, suffering and vulnerable Kylo in the past two movies, but it’s possible to make him sorta trapped and gradually mad due to his decisions - he could then end up being killed off, but not from Rey’s hand (that would make for some really bad writing) - it’d be by other resistance member, or in an epic manoeuvre (see Holdo’s sacrifice in TLJ), or by Hux, or he’d commit suicide. However, even if it made sense story-wise, it wouldn’t fit the hitherto established tone of the franchise - SW is on a more positive note, it’s hopeful, not dark and depressing. Also, SW carries a certain message and values, but it’s not some deep indie film - it’s a family-friendly blockbuster and even though TLJ is darker than TFA, everything is neutralised by excessive humour throughout the movie. It’s also possible to kill Kylo off after or during his redemption, it’d be bittersweet then cos he’d at least achieve peace of mind before death, but I’d hate it almost as much. Just no.
2. No redemption
By redemption I mean basically Kylo realising he’s screwed up too, acknowledging his mistakes and crimes, trying to correct them and also coming to terms with his past, forgiving his family. In other words, redemption = Kylo calms down, stops being haunted by his demons and corrects his wrongdoings. This doesn’t necessarily mean joining the Resistance and sharing their enthusiasm, but I guess it’d involve fighting the common enemy and maybe saving somebody from the Resistance because they're important to Rey. If this doesn’t happen and Kylo’s simply imprisoned, I’ll be mad.
3. No reylo
I wanna see at least clear feelings on both sides and an open ending suggesting they can be together in the future or - better - hinting they already are together and the separation is temporary. No kiss necessary, but some suggestive intimacy definitely yes - preferably hand touching as a reference to TLJ, maybe some face stroking too. Interestingly, this is exactly what I wanted immediately after I watched TFA and TLJ marathon - I thought it’s cool their relationship was more hinted at than clearly established. But after re-watching the movies and re-considering the topic, after seeing the arguments it’s the end of the whole saga and getting immersed in reylo community, it’s my miminum. I want acknowledged feelings, a kiss and preferably no separation. I swear I’ll throw a massive temper tantrum if Rey’s oblivious to Kylo’s feelings and completely indifferent. And - however unlikely, I’ll just mention - no Finnrey or, even worse, Damerey.
4. No reylo quality time together
I want them to meet in person, not just through the force, earlier than during some inevitable confrontation between the Resistance and the First Order. Their first meetings can be through the force, can be even slightly antagonistic (= disappointed and angry with each other, but clearly caring), but I want them to meet. Period.
5. Kylo’s responsible for Leia’s death
Leia’s likely going to die and if so, definitely at the beginning or even in the opening crawl, but I’d like it to be of natural causes, due to her space adventure in TLJ, or at least by Hux’s orders. I believe redemption is possible even if Kylo’s to blame, but it wouldn’t be as satisfactory at this point - it’s time for him to proceed with his transformation. Also, imagine the antis whining afterwards L-puke .
6. No more force skyping
It’s such a wonderful aspect of TLJ that I’d feel very disappointed if J.J. Abrams dropped this.
7. Anybody losing any limbs
Speaks for itself ROFL .
8. Re-establishing the Jedi Order
I wouldn’t even think of it if it wasn’t for the excerpts from the storybook - I didn’t get a single idea from either movie that Rey was ever interested in being a Jedi per se, she seems to want to know more about the force within her, to understand it and to control it, but Jedi? I see her at the end living her life, having a belonging she seeks and accepting and understanding the force (a bit like Maz, who’s force sensitive but living a regular life).
9. Finn’s sidelined for Poe’s sake
Regarding these two, I liked the proportions between the character’s importance and screen time in TFA. Sadly, I feel like Poe took a lot of screen time in TLJ that would otherwise belong to Finn.
10. Another Death Star
Duh.
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 12 Mar 2018, 4:03 pm

nana7marie wrote:I’ve been thinking about what could possibly happen in IX that I’d hate or dislike and I’ve come up with a list. It’s centred around Kylo and Rey as well as their relationship cos it seems that’s what I care the most about. To me other aspects are either obvious (good will defeat evil, be it plain Resistance victory or stormtroopers rebellion or both etc.) or indifferent (Poe Razz - I liked him in TFA and was sad after his apparent death, only to cheer up when it turned out he survived, but I found him so annoying in TLJ that now I couldn’t care less if he lives or dies a slow and painful death lol! ). Anyway, the list starts with what I’d hate most and concludes with things I’d dislike but could live with:
1. Kylo’s death
I don’t think I could bear Kylo’s death under any circumstances, but especially unredeemed. Making him a big bad, purely evil and fully dark character is extremely unlikely after serving us conflicted, regretful, suffering and vulnerable Kylo in the past two movies, but it’s possible to make him sorta trapped and gradually mad due to his decisions - he could then end up being killed off, but not from Rey’s hand (that would make for some really bad writing) - it’d be by other resistance member, or in an epic manoeuvre (see Holdo’s sacrifice in TLJ), or by Hux, or he’d commit suicide. However, even if it made sense story-wise, it wouldn’t fit the hitherto established tone of the franchise - SW is on a more positive note, it’s hopeful, not dark and depressing. Also, SW carries a certain message and values, but it’s not some deep indie film - it’s a family-friendly blockbuster and even though TLJ is darker than TFA, everything is neutralised by excessive humour throughout the movie. It’s also possible to kill Kylo off after or during his redemption, it’d be bittersweet then cos he’d at least achieve peace of mind before death, but I’d hate it almost as much. Just no.
2. No redemption
By redemption I mean basically Kylo realising he’s screwed up too, acknowledging his mistakes and crimes, trying to correct them and also coming to terms with his past, forgiving his family. In other words, redemption = Kylo calms down, stops being haunted by his demons and corrects his wrongdoings. This doesn’t necessarily mean joining the Resistance and sharing their enthusiasm, but I guess it’d involve fighting the common enemy and maybe saving somebody from the Resistance because they're important to Rey. If this doesn’t happen and Kylo’s simply imprisoned, I’ll be mad.
3. No reylo
I wanna see at least clear feelings on both sides and an open ending suggesting they can be together in the future or - better - hinting they already are together and the separation is temporary. No kiss necessary, but some suggestive intimacy definitely yes - preferably hand touching as a reference to TLJ, maybe some face stroking too. Interestingly, this is exactly what I wanted immediately after I watched TFA and TLJ marathon - I thought it’s cool their relationship was more hinted at than clearly established. But after re-watching the movies and re-considering the topic, after seeing the arguments it’s the end of the whole saga and getting immersed in reylo community, it’s my miminum. I want acknowledged feelings, a kiss and preferably no separation. I swear I’ll throw a massive temper tantrum if Rey’s oblivious to Kylo’s feelings and completely indifferent. And - however unlikely, I’ll just mention - no Finnrey or, even worse, Damerey.
4. No reylo quality time together
I want them to meet in person, not just through the force, earlier than during some inevitable confrontation between the Resistance and the First Order. Their first meetings can be through the force, can be even slightly antagonistic (= disappointed and angry with each other, but clearly caring), but I want them to meet. Period.
5. Kylo’s responsible for Leia’s death
Leia’s likely going to die and if so, definitely at the beginning or even in the opening crawl, but I’d like it to be of natural causes, due to her space adventure in TLJ, or at least by Hux’s orders. I believe redemption is possible even if Kylo’s to blame, but it wouldn’t be as satisfactory at this point - it’s time for him to proceed with his transformation. Also, imagine the antis whining afterwards L-puke .
6. No more force skyping
It’s such a wonderful aspect of TLJ that I’d feel very disappointed if J.J. Abrams dropped this.
7. Anybody losing any limbs
Speaks for itself ROFL .
8. Re-establishing the Jedi Order
I wouldn’t even think of it if it wasn’t for the excerpts from the storybook - I didn’t get a single idea from either movie that Rey was ever interested in being a Jedi per se, she seems to want to know more about the force within her, to understand it and to control it, but Jedi? I see her at the end living her life, having a belonging she seeks and accepting and understanding the force (a bit like Maz, who’s force sensitive but living a regular life).
9. Finn’s sidelined for Poe’s sake
Regarding these two, I liked the proportions between the character’s importance and screen time in TFA. Sadly, I feel like Poe took a lot of screen time in TLJ that would otherwise belong to Finn.
10. Another Death Star
Duh.
@nana7marie

I don't think any of those things will happen, fortunately. Except for one thing... the Jedi. Luke said he will not be the last Jedi, it ends with the Canto Bight broom kids telling the story of Luke and using the Force. Rian has said he didn't think no more Jedi was the way for SW to go.

But there's virtually no reason for the old PT Jedi Order to return, if that's your worry. They kind of sucked, caused a bunch of destruction, ended up hurting people and causing their own downfall in their hubris. Maybe they won't discourage normal human emotions, relationships, and attachments for one. They won't have to be monks and wear uniforms and follow a bunch of puritanical, dogmatic rules or have limited interactions with the outside world. This is my dream. Smile

What I don't want is Rey training a bunch of little younglings because there is ZERO reason for it to happen on any level at this point.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nana7marie Mon 12 Mar 2018, 5:46 pm

californiagirl wrote:I don't think any of those things will happen, fortunately. Except for one thing... the Jedi. Luke said he will not be the last Jedi, it ends with the Canto Bight broom kids telling the story of Luke and using the Force. Rian has said he didn't think no more Jedi was the way for SW to go.

But there's virtually no reason for the old PT Jedi Order to return, if that's your worry. They kind of sucked, caused a bunch of destruction, ended up hurting people and causing their own downfall in their hubris. Maybe they won't discourage normal human emotions, relationships, and attachments for one. They won't have to be monks and wear uniforms and follow a bunch of puritanical, dogmatic rules or have limited interactions with the outside world. This is my dream. Smile

What I don't want is Rey training a bunch of little younglings because there is ZERO reason for it to happen on any level at this point.
@californiagirl
Yeah, the PT style Jedi Order is my nightmare  lol! . But really, I want any Jedi orders finished, I’m with Kylo here - wipe them out  ROFL . However, I’m all for Kylo and Rey heading off somewhere quiet and learning about the force together, or actually Kylo teaching Rey what he knows so far. I just don’t want them to set up any Jedi academy or have any students in the movie or potential epilogue.

I interpreted Luke’s ‘I will not be the last Jedi’ as ‘Rey will be the last Jedi’ or ‘Rey will be a Jedi and there might be more in the future’ - and I’m fine with it, just don’t show it on screen lol! .

As for the broom boy, for me it was just a cheesy ending to show there’s still hope and Luke rehabilitated himself, and that there’re force sensitive people all around the galaxy and this would never change. Rian Johnson later spoke about this scene in a few interviews and it seems this is exactly was it was meant for so I’m pretty positive there’re no plans of Rey establishing a Jedi academy at the beginning of IX. Apparently to some of the fanboys’ dismay as I’ve seen a bunch of comments and vids where they said there’d definitely be a time jump long enough for Rey to set up a Jedi academy and that her army of broom kids would fight the First Order. I can almost see that - Rey as a leader and a horde of broom kids following her, children of the corn vibe! lol!
nana7marie
nana7marie
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsythia Thu 27 Sep 2018, 8:54 pm

What I don't want to happen:
- A big time jump, especially one that could be used to explain that Kylo has turned to the dark side completely or that Rey is now in a relationship with Poe or Finn and hasn't been in contact with Kylo for years. Total nightmare. If there is any character development, it has to happen on-screen.
- Kylo and Rey are related
- Kylo is not redeemed
- Kylo kills someone Rey and the audience care about
- Kylo harms Rey
- Rey and Kylo are separated for most of the movie
- Reylo Force bond is closed forever
- Rey has to choose between Kylo and her friends. (When Reylo happens, I want her friends to accept and support her decision.)
- Leia, Chewie and/or Lando don't forgive Kylo
- Rey and Poe romance (of all the non-Reylo possibilities I would hate this one the most)
- love triangles like Rey/Finn/Rose, Finn/Rey/Poe, Ben/Rey/Finn or Ben/Rey/Poe
- one-sided Finnrose, and Finn breaks Rose's heart
- Poe gets a lot of screentime
- Poe is back to being hot-headed and reckless, after learning his lesson in VIII
- no Rey/Rose friendship or only a few scenes for them (their friendship is more important than Heroic Poe)
- resurrection of Luke, Snoke, Palpatine or Plagueis
- another Death Star/Starkiller Base
- broomboi returns
Forsythia
Forsythia
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 27 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

Forsythia wrote:What I don't want to happen:
- A big time jump, especially one that could be used to explain that Kylo has turned to the dark side completely or that Rey is now in a relationship with Poe or Finn and hasn't been in contact with Kylo for years. Total nightmare. If there is any character development, it has to happen on-screen.
- Kylo and Rey are related
- Kylo is not redeemed
- Kylo kills someone Rey and the audience care about
- Kylo harms Rey
- Rey and Kylo are separated for most of the movie
- Reylo Force bond is closed forever
- Rey has to choose between Kylo and her friends. (When Reylo happens, I want her friends to accept and support her decision.)
- Leia, Chewie and/or Lando don't forgive Kylo
- Rey and Poe romance (of all the non-Reylo possibilities I would hate this one the most)
- love triangles like Rey/Finn/Rose, Finn/Rey/Poe, Ben/Rey/Finn or Ben/Rey/Poe
- one-sided Finnrose, and Finn breaks Rose's heart
- Poe gets a lot of screentime
- Poe is back to being hot-headed and reckless, after learning his lesson in VIII
- no Rey/Rose friendship or only a few scenes for them (their friendship is more important than Heroic Poe)
- resurrection of Luke, Snoke, Palpatine or Plagueis
- another Death Star/Starkiller Base
- broomboi returns
@Forsythia

All of the above. Except I do think Poe will get a fair amount of screentime, given that he's positioned as the new leader of the Resistance. Even more so that Carrie is gone, with limited use of Leia. The fact he seems to be spending time with Finn makes the likelihood of a central role more possible as well. Not sure he fully learned his lesson either.

I'm down with him being an antagonist to Rey/Kylo (at least until the third act, then they can go back to being the big galactic family together).
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 05 Oct 2018, 10:04 am

Regarding broomboi, Rian did say that little end snippet was actually intended to show Luke living on by truly becoming a legend, so I doubt broomboi will be a major character.

I also suspect that if anyone is going to 'save' Ben it's going to be Rey, not Leia - even before Carrie's sad passing Sad Leia makes a pointft of telling Luke she believes her son is gone. So I think it will pretty much be Rey who's going to be the influence on Ben. I hope though, that we don't get Rey acting like another Obi Wan.....all judgemental and saintly. I like Rey as a complex and 'grey' character. Still don't like her expression in their last scene.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6