Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen

+44
BB-Rey
Kylo Rey
Ramblingrose
Dar-ren19
lauvamp
giaciak2
Socialnole
DeeBee
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
MyOnlyHope
Darth Rowan
Teo oswald
californiagirl
Asphodel
SheLitAFire
CienaRee
Helix
panki
Darth_Awakened
Saracene
SanghaRen
ZioRen
snufkin
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
ISeeAnIsland
motherofpearl1
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
BenRey
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
Mana
Lily Snape
Kessel
IoJovi
Sylvia Snow
Gemini
Darth Dingbat
Macha Ren
BastilaBey
vaderito
Irina de France
48 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2016, 8:04 pm

Kessel89 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:Finn turn out to be a Skywalker aka Luke's long lost son, that's a no no to me
@Sylvia Snow

That would make a damn fine comedy tho. Pop corn
@WhatGirl

Yeah, it would almost be worth it just to see Kylo's reaction...lol.
@Kessel89

I actually have the most perfect Adam Driver reaction gif for that, but it has language not allowed on this board. Razz

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX - What should NEVER, EVER happen

Post by Lily Snape Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:30 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Kessel89 wrote:
WhatGirl wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:Finn turn out to be a Skywalker aka Luke's long lost son, that's a no no to me
@Sylvia Snow

That would make a damn fine comedy tho. Pop corn
@WhatGirl

Yeah, it would almost be worth it just to see Kylo's reaction...lol.
@Kessel89

I actually have the most perfect Adam Driver reaction gif for that, but it has language not allowed on this board. Razz
@WhatGirl

Someone needs to post the group interview gif-set with John Boyega's story of Samuel L. Jackson coming up to him at a party and going, "Yo! Black Jedi! You're my SON!" And then John nearly falls off the sofa laughing. Love that one, love John Boyega-- he's awesome. Smile

Along those lines-- I want Finn to stay the Everyman that he is, but really, he developed so much in that film-- I want to see him be the protagonist in his own story, the Resistance vs. FO story, the one running parallel to and intersecting with the Force/Jedi sorry. I don't want to see him be Poe's sidekick or Rey's.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:53 pm

I'm pretty positive that Finn, Rey and Kylo will all survive the trilogy

But Luke or Leia dying is something that should never happen in the movies Sad Mad
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 02 Sep 2016, 11:55 pm

Kyla Ren wrote:Rey and/or Kylo getting a "Skywalker Special".
@Kyla Ren

Rey isn't a Skywalker so she is safe. Kylo on the other hand? No
But I don't see it happening to him either. cheers
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Sat 03 Sep 2016, 12:30 am

Darth Dementor wrote:
Kyla Ren wrote:Rey and/or Kylo getting a "Skywalker Special".
@Kyla Ren

Rey isn't a Skywalker so she is safe.  Kylo on the other hand? No
But I don't see it happening to him either. cheers
@Darth Dementor

That is true, Rey is not a Skywalker.  At least not yet.  But I think she probably will be a Skywalker by marriage by the end of the trilogy, so I hope they don't feel the need to give her a Skywalker special to initiate her into the family.  I just want Rey and Kylo to make it to the end of Episode IX (or beyond, if they are in any movies after that) with all of their limbs intact. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 03 Sep 2016, 4:28 am

Rey forgets everything Kylo's done in TFA and runs away with him because she thinks he's soooooo hawt.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

Saracene wrote:Rey forgets everything Kylo's done in TFA and runs away with him because she thinks he's soooooo hawt.
@Saracene

This is what would happen in a movie directed by AO3. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:57 pm

Kylo cannot kill another legacy character. There's no coming back from that.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 04 Sep 2016, 9:37 am

Mana wrote:I'm pretty positive that Finn, Rey and Kylo will all survive the trilogy

But Luke or Leia dying is something that should never happen in the movies Sad Mad
@Mana
I'm strangely more concerned about Rey dying than Kylo. Rey sort of reminds me of another trope, one made use of in such films as Castle in the Sky and Pan's Labyrinth. The heroine is unique in a way that goes beyond the scale of the story and other characters, and she sacrifices herself for some higher purpose as a result. The whole "First Jedi" thing and lifeless Force Tree have me wondering if Rey might be a similar heroine. I very much hope that won't be the case (though I'm open to seeing it done well). I guess it's just not the kind of story I would prefer right now, but it could be good.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Sun 04 Sep 2016, 10:39 am

BB-8's death. I'll make it my mission to wrap Lucasfilm's headquarter building in toilet paper if that happens.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 04 Sep 2016, 10:51 am

BastilaBey wrote:I'm preparing myself for the possibility, but I really, really would not like it if Kylo died. We already had redemption in death with Vader. I want to see a reformed Dark Sider actually live with what they've done and the damage they've caused, and realize that there are people who still love and forgive them.
@BastilaBey

Ditto.
I want Kylo to survive.

What I don't want:
Rey pregnant. Keep Reylo babies for the next trilogy.
Rey and Finn as a couple. Not just because of Reylo, but because it would ruin their dynamic. Their friendship is so sweet and brotherly/sisterly it would spoil everything. Let Finn find romantic love with KMT.
Rey Skywalker. And Rey Solo. No. No. No.
Kylo revealed as behind the massacre of the Jedi. Not just because it would make him eeeevil - and he's already had his 'worst moment' with killing Han - but because it would be a complete copy of Anakin's Fall.
Rey continuing to hate him. I don't expect her to be madly in love with him at the end but because it would be no character development.
Leia redeeming him. Don't get me wrong, I love Leia, but let's face it, Leia, Han, and Luke made a pig's breakfast of bringing him up. I want Rey to help him find himself. And afterwards Leia and Kylo forgiving each other with Rey's help.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 04 Sep 2016, 12:23 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Mana wrote:I'm pretty positive that Finn, Rey and Kylo will all survive the trilogy

@Mana
I'm strangely more concerned about Rey dying than Kylo. Rey sort of reminds me of another trope, one made use of in such films as Castle in the Sky and Pan's Labyrinth. The heroine is unique in a way that goes beyond the scale of the story and other characters, and she sacrifices herself for some higher purpose as a result. The whole "First Jedi" thing and lifeless Force Tree have me wondering if Rey might be a similar heroine. I very much hope that won't be the case (though I'm open to seeing it done well). I guess it's just not the kind of story I would prefer right now, but it could be good.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Stranger Things spoiler:
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 04 Sep 2016, 12:50 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:BB-8's death. I'll make it my mission to wrap Lucasfilm's headquarter building in toilet paper if that happens.
@Rimfaxe96

I went to the theater with a friend of mine, it was her first time watching sw, she actually said: if the droid dies, I'm out lol! lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2016, 1:02 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:
What I don't want:
Rey and Finn as a couple. Not just because of Reylo, but because it would ruin their dynamic. Their friendship is so sweet and brotherly/sisterly it would spoil everything. Let Finn find romantic love with KMT.
Kylo revealed as behind the massacre of the Jedi. Not just because it would make him eeeevil - and he's already had his 'worst moment' with killing Han - but because it would be a complete copy of Anakin's Fall.
Rey continuing to hate him. I don't expect her to be madly in love with him at the end but because it would be no character development.
Leia redeeming him. Don't get me wrong, I love Leia, but let's face it, Leia, Han, and Luke made a pig's breakfast of bringing him up. I want Rey to help him find himself. And afterwards Leia and Kylo forgiving each other with Rey's help.
@motherofpearl1

These are such good, well-reasoned points and I especially agree with the bolded! While I do think Leia will have something to do with Kylo being redeemed, I don't think she will be his actual redeemer - she wasn't able to keep him from going to the dark side in the first place and I don't see her as being the one to bring him back... at least not directly. That is going to be mostly if not entirely Rey's doing, right there.

I think with the rumors of her being seriously injured and put into a coma, Leia will have a background influence on Kylo that will further weaken his resolve to stay on the dark side. But as far as who will be the one to lead him back onto the right path, I believe that is what Rey is going to do. She is the heroine and it will be her actions that determine the fate of the galaxy as well as the Skywalker family.

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Sun 04 Sep 2016, 2:26 pm

For me the one sore spot is Kylo not getting redeemed. That will destroy Star Wars for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the previous six films the same way. Anakin suffered so much, he went to hell and back, lost his family, everyone he cared for and yet he found himself again at the end and died happily, having finally achieved redemption though the love for his son who never stopped believing in him. Watching the moment where he finally snaps out of the darkness that has been tormenting his soul for so long, watching him make that final effort for Luke always makes me cry. Star Wars has never been about cheap entertainment and stupid spaceship battles, no matter what the fanboys would say. It has always been a story of redemption, sacrifice and love. A clever metaphor for the battle of the light and the dark in all of us. That's what makes it so human, so universal, touching and relatable. Because it's full of heart. If the writers choose to ignore all of this in favour of some pessimistic story along the lines of "sometimes you just can't change people who are too far gone", that will be the end for me. It will destroy everything this tale represents. I need to see Ben Solo saved because they made me care about him too much. My heart is with this character and I'll never give up on him. His redemption is the reason I watch the ST.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 04 Sep 2016, 2:33 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
What I don't want:
@motherofpearl1

These are such good, well-reasoned points and I especially agree with the bolded! While I do think Leia will have something to do with Kylo being redeemed, I don't think she will be his actual redeemer - she wasn't able to keep him from going to the dark side in the first place and I don't see her as being the one to bring him back... at least not directly. That is going to be mostly if not entirely Rey's doing, right there.

I think with the rumors of her being seriously injured and put into a coma, Leia will have a background influence on Kylo that will further weaken his resolve to stay on the dark side. But as far as who will be the one to lead him back onto the right path, I believe that is what Rey is going to do. She is the heroine and it will be her actions that determine the fate of the galaxy as well as the Skywalker family.
@WhatGirl

It took me a second to figure out the meaning of "Pig's Breakfast," but what a great idiomatic expres​sion(would love to see it as the name of a cafe)! They literally did make a slop of his upbringing, between Han growing up as a seat of his pants orphan versus Leia's overly responsible/groomed for leadership (and being a workaholic).

In terms of Leia getting knocked out of action to partially give Carrie Fisher a workload which wouldn't tax her health issues, that would also be a nice tip of the hat to the PT. Though hopefully with more positive results, but still with pushing the issue of 'personal interests' and realizing the doctrine to eschew them (either by the LS or DS) isn't healthy/realistic.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sun 04 Sep 2016, 3:55 pm

Queen of the Knights wrote:For me the one sore spot is Kylo not getting redeemed. That will destroy Star Wars for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the previous six films the same way. Anakin suffered so much, he went to hell and back, lost his family, everyone he cared for and yet he found himself again at the end and died happily, having finally achieved redemption though the love for his son who never stopped believing in him. Watching the moment where he finally snaps out of the darkness that has been tormenting his soul for so long, watching him make that final effort for Luke always makes me cry. Star Wars has never been about cheap entertainment and stupid spaceship battles, no matter what the fanboys would say. It has always been a story of redemption, sacrifice and love. A clever metaphor for the battle of the light and the dark in all of us. That's what makes it so human, so universal, touching and relatable. Because it's full of heart. If the writers choose to ignore all of this in favour of some pessimistic story along the lines of "sometimes you just can't change people who are too far gone", that will be the end for me. It will destroy everything this tale represents. I need to see Ben Solo saved because they made me care about him too much. My heart is with this character and I'll never give up on him. His redemption is the reason I watch the ST.
@Queen of the Knights

Absolutely agreed. In fact, I would toss Reylo out of a 20 story building without any hesitation if it guaranteed that Kylo would be redeemed and live.  The 'live' part is only important to me because otherwise it's just Vader redemption 2.0. But basically Kylo's possible redemption arc is the biggest thing keeping me watching. If it doesn't happen, I'll be soured on Star Wars forever (which isn't too hard, because I wasn't really a super fan by any means before the ST. I only half-wanted to go to TFA when my dad insisted I go with him to see it in theaters).
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 05 Sep 2016, 2:12 am

Queen of the Knights wrote:For me the one sore spot is Kylo not getting redeemed. That will destroy Star Wars for me. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the previous six films the same way. Anakin suffered so much, he went to hell and back, lost his family, everyone he cared for and yet he found himself again at the end and died happily, having finally achieved redemption though the love for his son who never stopped believing in him. Watching the moment where he finally snaps out of the darkness that has been tormenting his soul for so long, watching him make that final effort for Luke always makes me cry. Star Wars has never been about cheap entertainment and stupid spaceship battles, no matter what the fanboys would say. It has always been a story of redemption, sacrifice and love. A clever metaphor for the battle of the light and the dark in all of us. That's what makes it so human, so universal, touching and relatable. Because it's full of heart. If the writers choose to ignore all of this in favour of some pessimistic story along the lines of "sometimes you just can't change people who are too far gone", that will be the end for me. It will destroy everything this tale represents. I need to see Ben Solo saved because they made me care about him too much. My heart is with this character and I'll never give up on him. His redemption is the reason I watch the ST.
@Queen of the Knights

100% in agreement with you there.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 05 Sep 2016, 2:22 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Mana
@FrolickingFizzgig

Stranger Things spoiler:
@ISeeAnIsland

Supposedly Guillermo del Toro turned down the chance to direct one of the movies, which is kind of a bummer. But then again, somebody would've been knocked off because that's something he always does in his movies. And in regards to Stranger Things, you know at some point there'll be an "You're an idiot, Ben Solo."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 05 Sep 2016, 4:19 am

Kylo not getting redeemed is the big one for many various reasons but mostly because I would feel betrayed as an audience, as an individual and I just would not care anymore for the ST. The film makers got me to root for his redemption so there is no turning back, now. Just nope. Not in a SW movie. Another genre, yes, I'd accept it but not in a SW movie.

@FrolickingFizzgig
I have this feeling too that Rey might die. I've had it for a while. I have not seen the movies you mention or the show mentioned by @ISeeAnIsland, but Rey so far really looks like an unfleshed character whose sole purpose is to die in sacrifice because that's what the universe is requesting. I do hope they do not go down this road because I find it a bit dark for a SW movie. For a SW book, yes, but a movie meant to appeal to different generations, it's a bit sad and it kind of crushes the whole "you always have a choice". Sure it would be her choice at the end to do the sacrifice, which I guess is also a positive message in the sense that sometimes you just have to do what's right. But still, I'd find it a bit dark.

This has nothing to do now with the topic, but I just feel like saying it somewhere. I came across some bed linen with a Kylo Ren pattern on the French Amazon - no, I do not intend to have Kylo Ren bed sheets, I was looking for something else. One was actually not mentioning Kylo Ren but Ben Solo. I was really surprised because all the merchandizing I've seen so far is always using the name Kylo Ren not Ben Solo and it's actually really the only one mentioning Ben Solo even though it's masked Kylo Ren on it. The person who entered that item in the list must be a pro-redemption, consciously or not Wink
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Mon 05 Sep 2016, 4:57 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@Mana
@FrolickingFizzgig

I haven't seen Castle in the Sky, but Pan's Labyrinth to me felt like a much darker story than Star Wars. It had a child as the main character, but it didn't really feel like a movie meant for kids. I seriously doubt that this is where Rey's character is going.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 05 Sep 2016, 6:25 am

I don't think so, because although I love Finn, Rey and Kylo are the real main protagonists in these films - look at the promo posters and pictures, it's all them.

I have a firm belief they will both go through 'trials' but at the end they will survive and possibly found a new Jedi order based on the Grey code - hence the 'resolving of grey' mentioned in the poem.

Luke and Leia may well survive, as Han Solo's ending was partly due to Harrison Ford; I dn't know what the other actors want. I also think Finn will survive as Disney are not going to kill off the first black hero in a Star Wars film - Mace Windu and Lando Calrission are supporting characters.
Which leaves Poe and KMT's character.

motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 05 Sep 2016, 7:13 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I don't think so, because although I love Finn, Rey and Kylo are the real main protagonists in these films - look at the promo posters and pictures, it's all them.

I have a firm belief they will both go through 'trials' but at the end they will survive and possibly found a new Jedi order based on the Grey code - hence the 'resolving of grey' mentioned in the poem.

Luke and Leia may well survive, as Han Solo's ending was partly due to Harrison Ford; I dn't know what the other actors want. I also think Finn will survive as Disney are not going to kill off the first black hero in a Star Wars film - Mace Windu and Lando Calrission are supporting characters.

@motherofpearl1

yep.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 05 Sep 2016, 8:05 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I don't think so, because although I love Finn, Rey and Kylo are the real main protagonists in these films - look at the promo posters and pictures, it's all them.

@motherofpearl1

I don't see Lando as a supporting character.... while he might not be one of the OT3, he is definitely important....I guess the closest equivalent to Lando (not in terms of story but general order of importantce) is Poe. Now I don't know if KMT will survive or not, but I hope Poe survives.... he has suffered tragedy from an early age so hopefully he lives and possibly ends up taking a leadership role in the galaxy after Snoke and the FO are finished off.

On the topic of death, I would be more worried about Rey's chances of surviving the trilogy.... the statistics don't look good for her (or KMT).....I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but in the canon SW pairings (whether serious or casual romance), the female character dies first, with Leia being the exception....

Shmi and Cliegg Lars..... Shmi dies.
Anakin and Padme.... Padme dies.
Obi-wan and Satine... Satine dies.
Ventress and Vos.... Ventress dies.
Luke and Nakari..... Nakari dies.
Thane and Ciena.... Imperials assume Ciena is dead (possible death foreshadowed)
Gallius and Adea....Adea dies.
Joph and Greer.... Greer dying.
Kanan and Hera..... rumors of Hera's death in season 3 (unconfirmed)
Han and Leia....Han dies (this is the only exception but Harrison Ford requested this and Leia is in a coma in the next episode)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 05 Sep 2016, 8:12 am

That's a good point, but most of those characters are in the EU which Disney are refusing to accept as 'canon' - although I'm absolutely sure that Darth Revan and Bastila Shan inspired Kylo and Rey, at least their look.

Regarding Padme....the fate of her character was already decided by the OT Leia mentioning her mother was dead sealing Padme's destiny.

Rey is the main character of the new trilogy - I really don't see her being killed off.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next