Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

+61
jakkusun
soulluos
vaderito
SanghaRen
MeadowofAshes
Scavengerscum
Krafty
Airemyn
creepi0
Macha Ren
Kyla Ren
Hasi
Armadeus
LadyHa
EchoBase
Saracene
Lily Snape
ladyconsular
4forYouRey-lolo
MoonlitMoss
MelBee
Sylvia Snow
Rogue Rey
nonesuch
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
rey09
reylo1992
BastilaBey
Magnolia_3.0
DarthRen
CienaRee
ReyofLightSide
Xylo Ren
MissG
Darth Rowan
MindAndMagic
Birdwoman
BenRey
Rei of Sunshine
MyOnlyHope
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
IoJovi
Reynak
panki
Helix
Moonjump05
Mana
Jakku
Irina de France
LondonGal555
spacebaby45678
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
Gemini
65 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 5:02 am

Sorry but Papa Darth is on fleek, how could a girl not fall for this? Hormones people hormones....

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 2 Tumblr_mrbsldjthl1rjrvmvo5_250

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 2 Latest?cb=20141210160037
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by panki Tue 29 Nov 2016, 5:41 am

Actually there is something that has been on my mind for a couple of days now regarding Han, Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin....maybe even the whole jedi order and other characters from the past....the latest Han Solo comic has something weird in it that opens up the option for all the characters from the past to physically make an appearance in episode IX for some portion of the movie (not just as force ghosts).

I haven't posted much about it because I am trying to find an EU parallel to understand it better (I can assure you that it is something super weird)....and it could explain Colin Trevorrow's comment about nobody being left behind.

I'm not going into Rey's lineage here (she could still be a Kenobi or some other lineage) but I think they might be planning a much bigger surprise in Episode IX- something to make the audience go crazy.....and I wonder if this is what Anthony Breznican might be talking about.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:14 pm

Gemini wrote:
snufkin wrote:Time to dust off this old joke:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o9pkvv6mkU1u1hblo_500

Why do we want Obi-Wan to be Rey's grandpa?

Super Honest Answer: Cause, if we’re trying to make these messed up puzzle pieces fit, this looks good!

Better Answer: Cause, Obi-Wan is awesome…lets bask in the awesome for a moment

(seriously though, it's beyond me if she was going to bang a Jedi, why Padme went for Mr I Don't Like Sand instead of Obi-Wan)
@snufkin

To me my liking the idea of her being a kenobi never stemmed from a love of the character. I'll always first  foremost just follow what I believe a film is trying to tell me. In this case it was never really spelled out with words, it's just mainly through film language and the theme of her affinity with the skywalkers. The ending was so incredibly outstanding to me in terms of film language and what I personally think it's trying to tell us (kenobi) that it sparked my interest in obibwan and his utter importance to the saga. More importantly, it made reylo incredibly solid in terms of the saga itself. Hence the decision of my longer name I chose in other places when I first introduced myself to y'all. That ending literally made me gasp with realisation. The music, the camera, the lack of dialogue all designed to glorify a strikingly poignant and familiar gesture.

I tell you if it's true, they are guarding it well.
@Gemini

It's the same for me, I don't think she is a Kenobi because I like Ewan or Obi One's character in special. I like the actor in many films but I didn't like him much in SW. There was nothing I liked much in the PT, not even his character.

I think she is a Kenobi because it rhymes, as many people have said already. And it doesn't rhyme by chance, I don't think believe there are coincidences in story telling or movie language. Well, there may be one or two, but in this case it seems a whole net of "coincidences" that can't be explained any other way.

As I have said before, I'd love Rey Random, because I want to belive a special person can appear anywhere and in any family, not only in privileged ones with special powers. I'd also love DS origins for her and a reversal trajectory for her and Kylo, perhaps this is my favourite option, but after considering the structure the movies have and how everything clicks if she is a Kenobi, my bet is on that. This is not what I want, or what I prefer, but what I expect, based on the seires as a whole, it's a question of story telling and movie language, like @Gemini says.
Reynak
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:28 pm

@gemini - it was really the reveal of his name, that was the huge shock of the story for me. Because then I started thinking about how it's both men named Ben who interact with her in the Force Vision. And the home video release is where I started noticing the Obi-Wan callbacks? flourishes? that are around Rey. Especially when she's trying to break out of SKB and the audio track of the Stormtroopers she's hiding from is the same dialogue when Obi-Wan is turning off the tractor beam. That's what I'm curious about.

@spacebaby45678 - see this is why there needs to be more female perspectives in Star Wars! Because if there had been any other female characters around in the PT Padme could've had as friends, they would've told her that he's the type of guy sure you hook up with, but you don't get into a relationship with. He may be hot (sorry, not my taste), but he's clearly dumber than a bag of hair and has some pretty bad tendencies. It's too bad Mon Mothma was around to advise both her and Leia that their respective LI are probably fine as side pieces, but not as husbands.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:43 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Sorry but Papa Darth is on fleek, how could a girl not fall for this? Hormones people hormones....

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 2 Tumblr_mrbsldjthl1rjrvmvo5_250

@spacebaby45678

I'd respond to this with a Ewan McGregor gif, but the ones that I would be tempted to post are NSFW. Evil
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:45 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Sorry but Papa Darth is on fleek, how could a girl not fall for this? Hormones people hormones....

@spacebaby45678

I'd respond to this with a Ewan McGregor gif, but the ones that I would be tempted to post are NSFW. Evil
@ISeeAnIsland

I know of which ones you speak. The memory I have of it is enough to get me by. Thank you for that...

(Is it getting hot in here? Surprised )
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:56 pm

Ah yes...Ewan showing his macGregor.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 29 Nov 2016, 12:59 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Ah yes...Ewan showing his macGregor.
@motherofpearl1

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@ISeeAnIsland

I know of which ones you speak. The memory I have of it is enough to get me by. Thank you for that...

@IoJovi

PM me the good Ewan stuff, thanks Very Happy
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 29 Nov 2016, 1:02 pm

Ah any of Ewan's gifs would do! He and Gael Garcia Bernal have that same quality where they're both smart but it's mixed in with this trait that's very daring/cheeky/witty. Which is why you see them both pushing themselves in the roles they take to be challenged, but also to be pretty vulnerable/open, including how Ewan seriously was naked in almost every movie he did up until the PT. And both are just very very funny. That's just my personal taste when it comes to men, which is where I'm like "Padma's an idiot for going for the guy who's hot but kind of dumb and takes himself way too seriously." Wasted potential for both of those characters given the hints Lucas had dropped in the OT about the backstory and what kind of people they might have been. Instead it came off like a really bad marriage between two immature kids who were more into playing house and the idealized version of each other, which fell apart once things got really bad. Which may be some of the resistance in certain quarters to Rey getting involved with a certain character, they fear a repeat of that dynamic.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 29 Nov 2016, 1:04 pm

Rey isn't Padme.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 29 Nov 2016, 1:14 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
@motherofpearl1

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

PM me the good Ewan stuff, thanks Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

I am on my work laptop!!!! Hahahaha You are trying to get me fired... All so we can see Ewan's McGregor.... (Thank you @motherofpearl1 for that!!!)

lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 29 Nov 2016, 2:01 pm

@motherofpearl1

We know that, just that part of why some quarters very loudly like to argue that Rey should be on her own has to do with how badly Padme was handled and turned into a plot device character. Which isn't going to happen with Rey.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2016, 2:12 pm

I had such a crush on Ewan McGregor during the PT. I still have a large picture of him in The Phantom Menace that my other half bought me for my birthday that year. I have always been in favour of EM returning to the Star Wars movie-verse whether in his own standalone or as part of the ST. If there's a way for Rey to be related to him that makes sense, I'd be ecstatic for her to be a Kenobi.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 29 Nov 2016, 9:43 pm

panki wrote:Actually there is something that has been on my mind for a couple of days now regarding Han, Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin....maybe even the whole jedi order and other characters from the past....the latest Han Solo comic has something weird in it that opens up the option for all the characters from the past to physically make an appearance in episode IX for some portion of the movie (not just as force ghosts).

I haven't posted much about it because I am trying to find an EU parallel to understand it better (I can assure you that it is something super weird)....and it could explain Colin Trevorrow's comment about nobody being left behind.

I'm not going into Rey's lineage here (she could still be a Kenobi or some other lineage) but I think they might be planning a much bigger surprise in Episode IX- something to make the audience go crazy.....and I wonder if this is what Anthony Breznican might be talking about.
@panki

Bumping up this post because I originally read it on my phone where I couldn't respond very well...

So...what was the thing in the Han Solo comic? Even if there isn't an EU equivalent, I would love to hear what it is.

(Please tell me that it isn't time travel!)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 2:57 am

snufkin wrote:@Jakku - when the PT came out, I assumed from reviews that there was a love triangle (didn't know about the whole non-attachments thing) and assumed it'd be something like she gets knocked up by the dumb one but is actually in love with Obi-Wan, so the dumb one falls to the Dark Side out of jealousy. I was really shocked when a friend who'd seen it told me that no, it's about the two of them falling in love.
@snufkin

ITA! I remember thinking that they *had to* have some kind Arthurian thing where she ends up with Anakin, but she really loved Obi-Wan and it drove Anakin mad ... There would have been Shakespearean tragedy all over that one if done well ... and how could you not do that with Ewan McGregor there?! I knew coming out of TPM that Padme was going to be the mother and that she would end up with Anakin (though why don't you make it a little more creepy making him 9-years-old?? Neutral ), but I had the hope that she would really love Obi-Wan ... because how could you have Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor in the same room and not try out their chemistry? How is that even possible? It's moments like that when GL could have really used some studio oversight.  Studio execs aren't perfect for sure, but they would have seen the possibilities because they were so blatant there.  I mean GL wanted Luke and Leia to be together didn't he?  But he could be convinced for Han and Leia because he wasn't "divine right emperor" on ESB.  He had a serious director and no nonsense producer on that one.

Also, on Padme assassination attempts, I think they were part of the emperor's overly elaborate plan to control everything.  To me they always seemed like very poorly written plot points to get Anakin separated from Obi-Wan *and* to have Anakin be tempted by his love for Padme.  (Apparently in extra materials Anakin was friendly with the emperor while growing up and may have gone on and on about how he loved Padme).  Also, since the emperor was from the same planet as Padme, I think he wanted to use her as a martyr for his own ends.  I guess there was also the implication that she was like some great leader who could sway the galaxy.  Like she was some galactic version of Elizabeth I or Maria Theresa or on the more modern democracy end a Golda Mayer or Benazir Bhutto or Indira Gandhi ... but that didn't exactly come across ... like you said, it was more like student council president.  Ugh, those prequels ... so much potential in that origin story and Anakin and Padme was what we got ... oh well ... sigh ... at least we have Kylo and Rey now, ship or no ship, they are both written so much better.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:09 am

@ISeeAnIsland

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 4:51 am

panki wrote:@ISeeAnIsland

Spoiler:
@panki

Holy Sith @panki! This is really, really interesting.  There is also another parallel.

Spoiler:
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:11 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Holy Sith @panki! This is really, really interesting.  There is also another parallel.

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

that would be really cool! but I have some doublts about the reincarnation stuff, isn't it too complicated, let alone for us, for kids? star wars is simple story telling.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:23 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

that would be really cool! but I have some doublts about the reincarnation stuff, isn't it too complicated, let alone for us, for kids? star wars is simple story telling.

@Maria Antonietta

The poem Cad Goddeu which inspired the Duel of the Fates song in the PT is also about reincarnation.... I think they can explain reincarnation in a very simplistic way if required....but reincarnation is not the only option.... there is even the option of many dimensions.... multiverses are commonly used in Marvel and DC comics so even a small child would understand them.

Last edited by panki on Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:40 am

panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

that would be really cool! but I have some doublts about

@Maria Antonietta

The poem Cad Goddeu which inspired the Duel of the Fates song in the PT is also about reincarnation.... I think they can explain reincarnation in a very simplistic way if required....but reincarnation is not the only option.... there is even the option of many dimensions.... multiverses are commonly used in Marvel and DC comics so even a child would understand them.
@panki

multiverses are cool Very Happy can I translate your Han comics summary for my blog?

Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:43 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:46 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Maria Antonietta

The poem Cad Goddeu which inspired the Duel of the Fates song in the PT is also about reincarnation.... I think they can explain reincarnation in a very simplistic way if required....but reincarnation is not the only option.... there is even the option of many dimensions.... multiverses are commonly used in Marvel and DC comics so even a child would understand them.
@panki

multiverses are cool Very Happy can I translate your Han comics summary for my blog?

@Maria Antonietta

Definitely Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 30 Nov 2016, 5:50 am

panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Maria Antonietta

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

Definitely Smile
@panki
thanks Very Happy

EDIT:

Maybe that's the reason for John's comment about Episode VIII: "It is weird". omg
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Nov 2016, 6:22 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
panki wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki

Spoiler:
@SoloSideCousin

@Maria Antonietta

@panki

@Maria Antonietta

Definitely Smile
@panki
thanks Very Happy

EDIT:

Maybe that's the reason for John's comment about Episode VIII: "It is weird". omg
@Maria Antonietta

Maria, I just read the comic one more time.....the ancient aliens fire on the imperials and help the racers go through the portal.....but they don't destroy all the imperial ships like I first thought....some imperial TIE fighters survive but are stuck on the other side and cant chase the racers anymore....just thought I should tell you this for your blog.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:27 am

This kinda reminds me of Jak & Daxter, only that the portals were used by an ancient evil creature to hunt down and absorb the power of the precursors (= the folks who created the universe). Perhaps Snoke really is something far bigger and badder than a simple dark sider. Surprised
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next