Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

+61
jakkusun
soulluos
vaderito
SanghaRen
MeadowofAshes
Scavengerscum
Krafty
Airemyn
creepi0
Macha Ren
Kyla Ren
Hasi
Armadeus
LadyHa
EchoBase
Saracene
Lily Snape
ladyconsular
4forYouRey-lolo
MoonlitMoss
MelBee
Sylvia Snow
Rogue Rey
nonesuch
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
rey09
reylo1992
BastilaBey
Magnolia_3.0
DarthRen
CienaRee
ReyofLightSide
Xylo Ren
MissG
Darth Rowan
MindAndMagic
Birdwoman
BenRey
Rei of Sunshine
MyOnlyHope
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
IoJovi
Reynak
panki
Helix
Moonjump05
Mana
Jakku
Irina de France
LondonGal555
spacebaby45678
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
Gemini
65 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by snufkin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:57 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Jakku - when the PT came out, I assumed from reviews that there was a love triangle (didn't know about the whole non-attachments thing) and assumed it'd be something like she gets knocked up by the dumb one but is actually in love with Obi-Wan, so the dumb one falls to the Dark Side out of jealousy. I was really shocked when a friend who'd seen it told me that no, it's about the two of them falling in love.
@snufkin

ITA! I remember thinking that they *had to* have some kind Arthurian thing where she ends up with Anakin, but she really loved Obi-Wan and it drove Anakin mad ... There would have been Shakespearean tragedy all over that one if done well ... and how could you not do that with Ewan McGregor there?! I knew coming out of TPM that Padme was going to be the mother and that she would end up with Anakin (though why don't you make it a little more creepy making him 9-years-old?? Neutral ), but I had the hope that she would really love Obi-Wan ... because how could you have Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor in the same room and not try out their chemistry? How is that even possible? It's moments like that when GL could have really used some studio oversight.  Studio execs aren't perfect for sure, but they would have seen the possibilities because they were so blatant there.  I mean GL wanted Luke and Leia to be together didn't he?  But he could be convinced for Han and Leia because he wasn't "divine right emperor" on ESB.  He had a serious director and no nonsense producer on that one.

Also, on Padme assassination attempts, I think they were part of the emperor's overly elaborate plan to control everything.  To me they always seemed like very poorly written plot points to get Anakin separated from Obi-Wan *and* to have Anakin be tempted by his love for Padme.  (Apparently in extra materials Anakin was friendly with the emperor while growing up and may have gone on and on about how he loved Padme).  Also, since the emperor was from the same planet as Padme, I think he wanted to use her as a martyr for his own ends.  I guess there was also the implication that she was like some great leader who could sway the galaxy.  Like she was some galactic version of Elizabeth I or Maria Theresa or on the more modern democracy end a Golda Mayer or Benazir Bhutto or Indira Gandhi ... but that didn't exactly come across ... like you said, it was more like student council president.  Ugh, those prequels ... so much potential in that origin story and Anakin and Padme was what we got ... oh well ... sigh ... at least we have Kylo and Rey now, ship or no ship, they are both written so much better.

@SoloSideCousin

One of the old Vanity Fair stories about the cast and the PT prior to its release stated outright that she'd be playing their mother. Which in the end, that's really all her role served. Giving birth to 2 of the main characters from the OT and a really weak motivation for the hero to turn into the bad guy. Same as you, I figured that it would be a Camelot type scenario where they were Guinevere and Lancelot. Certainly would've been more interesting than what we got, dumb jock and student council president. Or Diane Court in space is how I always think of her. GL can grouse all he wants about how TFA was essentially for the fans and didn't cover any new ground, but it's superior in how it has actual people with relationships (good and bad) versus how the PT was almost like a RPG.

That kind of makes sense with the assassination, as part of a larger manipulation. If they keep borrowing elements from the PT and trying to re-do some of its elements in a manner that actually works, that part of why I've wondered if Rey is the survivor of an earlier attack/plot by Snoke and the FO. Both Leia and Padme had people who were out to kill them by virtue of who they were, as threats. So it may be the same with Rey - she's already classified as a fugitive by the FO. Of course difference is that she really doesn't need anybody's help, but we've already got an ambiguous black knight character who's interested/infatuated with her who's not necessarily 100% loyal to the FO. And if you wanna get really silly, remember that Kasdan wrote the Bodyguard. My guess is that part of Ren's purpose is to run interference and likely throw himself on his sword for her because it'll turn out that Snoke was behind what happened to her and her family and wants to either control or eliminate her as a threat. We'll see!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 30 Nov 2016, 12:05 pm

The portal thing would be a VERY interesting idea. It would definitely fit with all of the comments made by people associated with production about VIII being "weird". (I'm thinking of JJ's comment about Rian making "some weird thing".) It would also fit with Harrison Ford being a bit cagey as to whether we'll see Han again.

Perhaps, rather than an actual relic of some sort, the first Jedi temple contains the opening to one of these portals or something like that. Seems like it'd be a pretty powerful thing for someone to get their hands on.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 7:23 pm

snufkin wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:@Jakku - when the PT came out, I assumed from reviews that there was a love triangle (didn't know about the whole non-attachments thing) and assumed it'd be something like she gets knocked up by the dumb one but is actually in love with Obi-Wan, so the dumb one falls to the Dark Side out of jealousy. I was really shocked when a friend who'd seen it told me that no, it's about the two of them falling in love.
@snufkin

ITA! I remember thinking that they *had to* have some kind Arthurian thing where she ends up with Anakin, but she really loved Obi-Wan and it drove Anakin mad ... There would have been Shakespearean tragedy all over that one if done well ... and how could you not do that with Ewan McGregor there?! I knew coming out of TPM that Padme was going to be the mother and that she would end up with Anakin (though why don't you make it a little more creepy making him 9-years-old?? Neutral ), but I had the hope that she would really love Obi-Wan ... because how could you have Natalie Portman and Ewan McGregor in the same room and not try out their chemistry? How is that even possible? It's moments like that when GL could have really used some studio oversight.  Studio execs aren't perfect for sure, but they would have seen the possibilities because they were so blatant there.  I mean GL wanted Luke and Leia to be together didn't he?  But he could be convinced for Han and Leia because he wasn't "divine right emperor" on ESB.  He had a serious director and no nonsense producer on that one.

Also, on Padme assassination attempts, I think they were part of the emperor's overly elaborate plan to control everything.  To me they always seemed like very poorly written plot points to get Anakin separated from Obi-Wan *and* to have Anakin be tempted by his love for Padme.  (Apparently in extra materials Anakin was friendly with the emperor while growing up and may have gone on and on about how he loved Padme).  Also, since the emperor was from the same planet as Padme, I think he wanted to use her as a martyr for his own ends.  I guess there was also the implication that she was like some great leader who could sway the galaxy.  Like she was some galactic version of Elizabeth I or Maria Theresa or on the more modern democracy end a Golda Mayer or Benazir Bhutto or Indira Gandhi ... but that didn't exactly come across ... like you said, it was more like student council president.  Ugh, those prequels ... so much potential in that origin story and Anakin and Padme was what we got ... oh well ... sigh ... at least we have Kylo and Rey now, ship or no ship, they are both written so much better.

@SoloSideCousin

One of the old Vanity Fair stories about the cast and the PT prior to its release stated outright that she'd be playing their mother. Which in the end, that's really all her role served. Giving birth to 2 of the main characters from the OT and a really weak motivation for the hero to turn into the bad guy. Same as you, I figured that it would be a Camelot type scenario where they were Guinevere and Lancelot. Certainly would've been more interesting than what we got, dumb jock and student council president. Or Diane Court in space is how I always think of her. GL can grouse all he wants about how TFA was essentially for the fans and didn't cover any new ground, but it's superior in how it has actual people with relationships (good and bad) versus how the PT was almost like a RPG.

That kind of makes sense with the assassination, as part of a larger manipulation. If they keep borrowing elements from the PT and trying to re-do some of its elements in a manner that actually works, that part of why I've wondered if Rey is the survivor of an earlier attack/plot by Snoke and the FO. Both Leia and Padme had people who were out to kill them by virtue of who they were, as threats. So it may be the same with Rey - she's already classified as a fugitive by the FO. Of course difference is that she really doesn't need anybody's help, but we've already got an ambiguous black knight character who's interested/infatuated with her who's not necessarily 100% loyal to the FO. And if you wanna get really silly, remember that Kasdan wrote the Bodyguard. My guess is that part of Ren's purpose is to run interference and likely throw himself on his sword for her because it'll turn out that Snoke was behind what happened to her and her family and wants to either control or eliminate her as a threat. We'll see!
@snufkin

OMG!!!! I forgot he wrote The Bodyguard!!!!!!! "And  IIII ....IIII....IIII ... will always love you!" Very Happy  Whoa ... there's a bittersweet ending for Reylo right there. Shocked

I completely agree with the first paragraph as well.  I was totally expecting Lancelot and Guinevere with maybe the emperor playing Iago to Anakin's Othello.  Anything along those lines definitely would have been better.  Further, I agree with you completely about TFA and GL.  Yes, TFA had some flaws, but I never "cringed" in TFA.  Every line was delivered well.  People felt real.  Even if you could think of other choices, you could actually imagine the characters making the choices they did.  Relationships and human behavior were very hit and miss with GL.  GL gave us Padme falling in love with Anakin after he killed the Tusken Village.  (She could have felt sorry for him, advocated PTSD rehab for him ... but fall in love ... not so much). GL also had Leia comfort Luke because his "neighbor down the road" got killed when she had lost everything and everyone.  Sometimes I think it was just actor force-of-will that got certain OT scenes to work, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 7:48 pm

@SoloSideCousin - haha! That version of "I will always love you" proves what a genius Dolly is. Colonel Tom Parker tried to get her to sign away the rights so Elvis could sing it and being Dolly, she told him Go the Hell in the most charming way possible. Him and Porter Waggoner are some of the many good 'ol boys in Nashville who underestimated her.  I've seen her live twice and her version is beautiful. But she also likes to say that she's grateful to Whitney Houston for all the money she made her with that song.  But why not? I mean if Kasdan wrote that movie and he likely had a big hand in Rey and Ben's relationship, there may be an element of that as well (though I'd guess as with Finn, she'll spend most of the time bailing him out).

GL also had Leia comfort Luke because his "neighbor down the road" got killed when she had lost everything and everyone.  Sometimes I think it was just actor force-of-will that got certain OT scenes to work, lol.

In Carrie Fisher's own words on Colbert, Leia got stuck comforting Luke over one person and meanwhile her entire planet, awesome adoptive dad, and record collection were annihilated.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 30 Nov 2016, 11:15 pm

I just finished reading the 2nd Star Wars Annual Comic and it looks like Disney/LF has noted the complaint that SW heroines are all petite brunettes....

Spoiler:

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:53 am

panki wrote:I just finished reading the 2nd Star Wars Annual Comic and it looks like Disney/LF has noted the complaint that SW heroines are all petite brunettes....

Spoiler:
@panki

Considering that light whip thing - I'd actually like to see some more exotic weaponry like that in the movies. That riot stormtrooper baton capable of fending off lightsabers is a nice start, but they could do so much more, especially since both the Empire and the FO are pictured as owning a great amount of the most advanced technology there is.
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Thu 01 Dec 2016, 4:01 pm

panki wrote:I just finished reading the 2nd Star Wars Annual Comic and it looks like Disney/LF has noted the complaint that SW heroines are all petite brunettes....

Spoiler:
@panki
Daisy isn't petite at all. She's like 5'7.
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Thu 01 Dec 2016, 8:43 pm

MyOnlyHope wrote:

Spoiler:
@panki
Daisy isn't petite at all. She's like 5'7.
@MyOnlyHope

You're right.... DR is tall..... what I meant was that SW normally casts females with small bone structures who look a bit waif-like.... this character is significantly taller than all the males and is very muscular....a completely different look and body type.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:21 am

Heh, considering that they nearly took Elizabeth Olsen - aka Marvel's Scarlet Witch, with a perfectly girlish-roundish-face - I wonder how much hate Rey would be getting if she hadn't turned down the role. Although they did help R1's main character too by not covering her in 10 pounds of make-up. Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 04 Dec 2016, 11:44 am

I was browsing through photos of RO and by chance I found a picture that caught my attention from the Episode VIII Dubrovnik shoot.....BDT's character is supposed to be a man in black with a hairstyle similar to Oscar Isaac....this actor is wearing something a black costume under the robes and his hairstyle is tousled....could he be the stand in for BDT?

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 0c66f8c921e5230fa52e2b067fd29b00

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 05 Dec 2016, 7:51 am

Looks interesting.
I can't help but think if they had any 'flashback' sequences to Ben as a teen Ezra Miller would be a great choice; he is so much like Adam it's amazing!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Mon 05 Dec 2016, 9:20 am

One possibility is CGI de-aging, too. They did that to great effect already in Benjamin Button, and if the CGI feats in Rogue One are really as amazing as is rumoured, I don't think Adam would have any problems playing a much younger Ben. (Well, not a 10-year-old or anything, but you get my drift... I'm sure that in any flashbacks/visions of the Jedi temple shenanigans, at least, we'll see Adam as younger Ben.)
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Mon 05 Dec 2016, 9:36 am

That would be cool too.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 05 Dec 2016, 10:03 am

BBY BEN SOLO. ACK MY HEART!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 05 Dec 2016, 11:20 am

The internet has cast Finn Wolfhard(Mike from Stranger Things) as teen Ben Solo.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 H2Xyvct
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 05 Dec 2016, 11:34 am

I have a feeling Jacob Tremblay was supposed to play young Ben Solo in that scene where Rey sees the boy in her force vision...and they probably decided to show it in episode 8 instead.....dumb mystery boxes....and it looks like he is a huge SW fan too. Smile

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 21st+Annual+Critics+Choice+Awards+After+Party+kd3e6t_M1QLl

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 S-qqYaa6QttYHNIZek7kURJ4l2Rre

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 Rs_320x240-160130194935-tremblay4

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 05 Dec 2016, 1:18 pm

Not much of a spoiler, but it appears that movie blogs have started giving attention to a few reylo-positive interviews - and typically for clickbait-rumors, they're taking what they see and exaggerate it (just a little bit, of course Wink):

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ohkro866Mj1shoo0eo1_540

But of course, the crazy reylo fans are seeing things and what the actors and directors of TFA say has no value at all. Just wait until other movie news blogs and websites take part in this game of naming couples and possible romance, I'm eager to see how many will mention Finn x Rey. ROFL
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Mon 05 Dec 2016, 1:56 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Not much of a spoiler, but it appears that movie blogs have started giving attention to a few reylo-positive interviews - and typically for clickbait-rumors, they're taking what they see and exaggerate it (just a little bit, of course Wink):

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 Tumblr_ohkro866Mj1shoo0eo1_540

But of course, the crazy reylo fans are seeing things and what the actors and directors of TFA say has no value at all. Just wait until other movie news blogs and websites take part in this game of naming couples and possible romance, I'm eager to see how many will mention Finn x Rey. ROFL
@Rimfaxe96

I chuckled over the antis freak-out over this headline. Twitter was a mess.  Twisted Evil
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 05 Dec 2016, 2:25 pm

I am not on twitter....did they get upset because there would be possible sex scenes or because Kylo would get a possible sex scene? Hahaha! Like they would put a sex scene in Star Wars.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Mon 05 Dec 2016, 4:06 pm

http://www.timeout.com/london/blog/who-are-reys-parents-the-answer-is-in-the-force-awakens-reckons-star-wars-star-daisy-ridley-120516

Ridley has already revealed that in the as-yet-untitled Episode VIII, due in 2017, we'll learn a lot more about her character Rey's mysterious backstory. We asked if it'd feel good to get the secret off her chest – and her answer startled us. 'I thought a lot was answered in "The Force Awakens",' she said. 'Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realised that oh, in their minds it’s not answered at all!'

'I think curiosity is a wonderful thing,' she told us. 'And I do find it quite funny that people keep asking about it. Just yesterday a guy asked to take a picture with me, and went "Is Luke your Dad"? And I was like, "chill out, you’ll see"!' So does she think people are going to be surprised when they find out the truth? 'I'd love to see the look on people's faces,' she says. '

One thing that is in no way ambiguous is Ridley's enthusiasm for the upcoming Episode VIII: 'It's going to be great,' she told us, in no uncertain terms.
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon 05 Dec 2016, 4:31 pm

A lot was answered. The ending was an answer. I also can't believe how it went over so many heads

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 - Page 3 Rey-finds-luke-skywalker
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Mon 05 Dec 2016, 4:39 pm

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-filming-2017/

It says they are giving episode 9 a curious head start, starting filming in 2017 for a 2019 release. I am fervently praying this means LF is giving itself some wiggle room with Colin Trevorrow. If he sucks as majorly as I fear/expect he will, they'll have plenty of time to bring in a replacement.
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Mon 05 Dec 2016, 4:41 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:http://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-filming-2017/

It says they are giving episode 9 a curious head start, starting filming in 2017 for a 2019 release. I am fervently praying this means LF is giving itself some wiggle room with Colin Trevorrow. If he sucks as majorly as I fear/expect he will, they'll have plenty of time to bring in a replacement.
@Darth Rowan

Well that is going to be interesting, hearing rumors and spoilers from the shooting of the IX before we've even seen VIII.
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 05 Dec 2016, 4:46 pm

@Darth Rowan

I wonder if this is sort of like the Skellig Michael footage that was filmed last fall (before the release of TFA) and was used in the teaser trailer.

Maybe there's something about a particular location where it needs to be filmed at a certain time of year, and they don't want to wait until April 2018 to shoot those scenes?

Also, I thought that I recalled that when we were getting the barrage of stuff about Ireland, someone said that they'd filmed a VFX sequence for IX as part of that shoot? Maybe this is related...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 05 Dec 2016, 7:22 pm

@Darth Rowan

How would that work with Celebration that second weekend of April? I was hoping a lot of the actors/directors would be there...
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next